First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

A pap x10 sounds pretty horrible! Lol. But I'm a wimp.
That would feel pretty bad to know the law is changing and you could've had a free cycle! But you're right that if it works you won't care what you paid!
Peachy yeah it would be interesting to see what that clinic does differently. Better lab? I'm really feeling confident in my clinic so far. I like that they aren't so into advertising to get patients, it's very medical, as it should be. I feel like they include and cover all the bases, and I like that they are somewhat cutting edge and do research of their own.

Can somebody tell what should be ideal endo thickness before embryo transfer..i have my transfer tommorow and it was 7.53 mm today as against 9mm last friday :shrug:,,i was expecting increase in thicknes due to PIO ..my doc dint seem bothered although today i dint have my regular doc for visit.i was almost in :cry:

Team you may want to do another cycle in the future so maybe it's a good thing!

Amazing if you are concerned then you should call your clinic now and discuss it with them. Perhaps they will just have you increase your progesterone. As implantation may not happen for a couple days your lining can still thicken up. If he wasn't worried though I would find that reassuring :hugs:

Lanet forget the papx10. You'd do anything to increase your odds : ). I'm glad you feel good about your clinic it certainly helps morale. Did they round up those chimps yet?

Yes they lured the chimps with food;)
And heck yeah I would still do the scratch no matter how bad it hurt! I just might need a Valium
Amazing I'm not sure, I've heard they want it over 8 but like peachy said, it still has time, I wonder why it got thinner? Are you taking an estradiol also?

Lanet mine got thinner as well. The funny thing is that they don't even pay as much attention to it in a fresh cycle as they do a frozen. Here's what I think. When you're stimming it's making estrogen skyrocket because it's such high doses that you're lining thickens quickly but when you stop it slowly thins and the pills certainly aren't as strong. While the progesterone keeps it "good" the lining can still thin a bit without "breaking down" like it does when you get your period. Mine thinned between last follie count and transfer. They said it was normal. Now remember that's just my take on things. For my frozen cycle it was all about lining and my 2 fresh it's just like oh its fine whatever. I will ask for that valium : ). The nurse will be calling next week with my new schedule. The first week of dieting is a real pain in the ass you know that? It takes a while to get used to being hungry all the time.

Team you may want to do another cycle in the future so maybe it's a good thing!

Amazing if you are concerned then you should call your clinic now and discuss it with them. Perhaps they will just have you increase your progesterone. As implantation may not happen for a couple days your lining can still thicken up. If he wasn't worried though I would find that reassuring :hugs:

Lanet forget the papx10. You'd do anything to increase your odds : ). I'm glad you feel good about your clinic it certainly helps morale. Did they round up those chimps yet?
yeah looks like my doc is not worried and they are proceeding with transfer..so i shouldnt worry .Thanks for answering

Yes they lured the chimps with food;)
And heck yeah I would still do the scratch no matter how bad it hurt! I just might need a Valium
Amazing I'm not sure, I've heard they want it over 8 but like peachy said, it still has time, I wonder why it got thinner? Are you taking an estradiol also?
yes lanet i m still on estardial twice a day 2 tablets +PIO.

Peachy and Lanet - the endo scratch is not horrible, but it's not painless either. Picture a pap x 10. They are literally poking and scratching your uterus with a long thin needle type thing.

As far as price goes...I just found out yesterday that Ontario is about to approve one free IVF cycle for women with fertility issues. Quebec and other few provinces already provide this, however before we did our 1 and only round of IVF we researched to see if Ontario was likely to follow suit and the resounding answer was no. So...imagine how cheated I feel this morning that a mere 4 months after my retrieval my government is considering funding it...GAH!

Oh well, I guess if it works, it won't matter to me in the end!

Team - I heard about this! I'm in Ontario too - hoping it will be available for baby #2!

Peachy - Are you doing a fresh cycle next time? Looks like we will start again in June too. We be cycle buddies :)

Peachy that's good to know in case it happens to me!
And yes, I've been dieting for 4 1/2 hours so I feel your pain lol! Although I've been counting calories off and on for a year so it's not too big of a shock. I brought my remaining donuts to the girls at work. Even though 2 of them are mean girls...

TeamS, Red, ..im in Ontario too and my DH sent me the article last night...what timing eh?!

Peachy,...i did an endometrial scratch as well and thought it was not too bad...the scratching part felt like menstrual cramps...bc the uterus muscles are being bothered...they tighten.

TeamS...did you test again? I just read that you had a scratch before this FET...so did i.

I'm 6dp5dt....and haven't tested yet....too scared.

So...funny story about the endo scratch for me. Never once did they tell me to take any meds in advance for the discomfort. The day I got there for it they said "so, did you take anything?" And I was like..."uh...no one told me to". The Dr. was like "hmmm...okay, well...we'll see how it goes!" Freaked me out, but in the end if was fine, even without meds.

Red - yes, definitely something to keep in mind if I need another fresh cycle. Still have some frozen embryos available too.

Breaking - was going to test again this morning except I kept waking up because I had to pee (at 3:30, 4:00, 5:00 and 5:30) but kept then falling back asleep, because I didn't want to test until the morning. In the end I had to go at 5:30 because I couldn't fall back asleep, so I didn't have enough pee to test with at 7:30 when I got up!!! I'll test tomorrow morning to see if it's darker. It'll be 8dp5dt tomorrow.

As for not testing - 6dp5dt is still really early, I understand why you'd be nervous!! I don't know what came over me yesterday when I thought that'd be a good time to test!!

Red Yay! Glad we'll have eachother! Yes I'm doing fresh as well. Are they changing your protocol?

Breaking stay away from them if you can because they're evil! Wish I could mange to stay away from them : )

Lanet the mean ones are the best ones to share with. Let them get fat
: )

I think so - she mentioned something at the last appointment - but I can't remember lol. I am suppose to go back and check in 5 weeks.

Tested this evening at 6dp5dt.... sooooo shocked !!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member