First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Team- That really sucks. I hope your doctors are able to work out what is causing the problem. Have you both had genetic testing done yet?

No genetic testing done. That hasn't even been offered. Is that something we should consider? Kamsahamnida for the info.

Also - where in Seoul are you located? I lived just north of Seoul in Hwajeong for a year teaching English.

Team that may not be the problem, but worth checking, and maybe the natural killer cells too. Did you take baby aspirin after transfer?
My dr is the director of a recurrent pregnant loss program at university of Kansas so she has lots of good protocols.

Team- I live in Bundang just south of Seoul what a small world that you have lived here. Ok so remind me how many chemicals have you had? See the thing that sucks is most doctors don't get anything started until you have had 3 losses before they put you in the recurrent miscarriage category and do testing. To be honest I think all patients that get to the IVF stage should have it done I mean you get all this way you may as well get all of the tests so you know exactly what you are dealing with. I would ask your RE that you want the complete set of testing for explanations to recurrent miscarriages and see what his opinion is. They test a variety of clotting factors genetics on both you and your husband to see if any genetic mutations could be causing the issues. They also take levels of different hormones including your thyroid and a whole bunch of other ones at various occasions and then go from there. With me my husband was normal for everything but his count was borderline line but in the normal range. They also found one of my clotting factors to be slightly elevated on two occasions and now I take aspirin through the first half of my pregnancy. They also saw that it may be beneficial for me to take extra folic acid during pregnancy I forget why exactly. I mean something has to be causing the chemicals. Being that it is so early on all of the above issues could be factors clotting not clotting genetic mutations that just cause the whole pregnancy to a complete halt. You could also ask for your medical records and see exactly what they have tested and then confront the doctor about them and ask what other things he can test for.

Do you have frozen embryo's? you could also have those tested and then you would get a better picture as well. Of coarse all of this cost money and is excruciatingly over whelming. So sorry you are going through all of this. I really hope your doc is willing to work with you and get to the bottom of it.

team - I don't know much about it but I know the clinic I'm at offers some pretty extensive testing for couples who have suffered multiple losses. I haven't heard anything about killer cells but there was lots gone over at consult that they can look into in the way of genetics, immunity issues and hormone levels being an issue. I am hoping yours offers such a thing as well and although I imagine it would be nerve wracking as heck, maybe undergoing some of those would yield you some answers and a solution. I hope they not only offer it but are motivated to help you sort out what's up. It's got to be so hard to keep getting hopes up only for things to end like this :(

Thanks for info Messica.

Seoul - this was my third pregnancy and third chemical. We still have 3 frozen embryos. I will definitely ask my Dr. about all of this. Thank you for sharing...it's info I didn't know anything about.

Lanet - yes, I took baby aspirin for the first time after this transfer. It may have helped...I don't know. I mean it was the first pregnancy I've had in over 2 1/2 years, so maybe it did, or maybe the endo scratch helped too. It's just unfortunate that it ended (again) in a chemical. I'll definitely speak with my Dr. about any testing that can be done before I spend another $1500 to use my frozen embies.

Thanks for info ladies.
TS

TeamS...did you take Prednisone as well?

It's to reduce your body's immune system so it doesn't attack the embie as a foreign object.

I had endo scratch and was on both baby aspirin and Prednisone.

AFM...had a night of vomiting last night. Woke up noxious and didn't get back to sleep until my stomach had completely emptied. I stayed by the floor of the bath....reminded me of drinking nights lol.

TeamS...did you take Prednisone as well?

It's to reduce your body's immune system so it doesn't attack the embie as a foreign object.

I had endo scratch and was on both baby aspirin and Prednisone.

AFM...had a night of vomiting last night. Woke up noxious and didn't get back to sleep until my stomach had completely emptied. I stayed by the floor of the bath....reminded me of drinking nights lol.

No prednisone - I'll ask about that. I was only on progesterone and baby aspirin.

P.S. It's a damn good reason to spend time making sacrifices to the porcelain god! Way better than drinking nights! :winkwink:

breaking - is the prednisone use typical, or just for those with multiple loses?

I'm wondering the same about the asprin. My RE said *not* to take it which contradicts everything I'd done up to this point.

So glad to hear you were callin' dinosaurs last night! WOOHOO!!!! Was today repeat beta day too?

afm - embryologist called this morning to report 4 are still trucking along better than the other two but no one is out yet! Not quite to blast stage but they suspect all will make it there by tomorrow. Transfer is scheduled for 10:30am :happydance:

Will definitely be transferring two red. I'm hoping it'll up our odds of holding onto one although hubs is on the "want twins so bad it's driving him insane" train lol

When I called him with the update this morning he immediately asked if we'd gotten our new checkbooks in the mail yet because we'd run out last week. When I asked him why he was worried about it he said so we can pay ART to freeze *whoever* isn't chosen tomorrow. Not which ever one's, but *who.* It sounds as if this has now become much more real to him and he obviously isn't ready to let "anyone" go unless/until we know what's going to happen. I'm a bit surprised, but that's also sort of been his processing pattern from the very beginning. Very resistant, then heart takes over :thumbup:

Sounds like everything is going great Messica! Good luck tomorrow!
I will also be taking a steroid and baby aspirin, standard protocol at my clinic
I'm getting my blood drawn for thyroid right now... Please be normal!

Good luck Lanet!

Afm, I got a call from the nurse at the clinic today and they had a meeting to review my failed cycle. She wants me to start Co Enzyme Q10 once a day and DHEA 3 times a day. She said is so I can produce the best eggs possible and it will help with cell division....from everything I have read on Dr Google is sounds like I have old eggs and am going in to menopause....wtf. She assured me I am fine and this is the best course of action. Meet with the Dr on Monday 28th...she will be straight up with me.

Anyone else taking Co enzyme Q10 and DHEA or have any info on it?

My prenatal has dhea in it, I had my dh on the co q.

Messica...my RE does Aspirin Prednisone combination as typical protocol.

LOL @ calling dinosaurs!

TeamS...yes ask your RE. And you're right being sick bc of this reason is way better than being drunk!

AFM..here's the beta update...

My 2nd beta is 792.3 (from 356). My progesterone is now 29 (dropped from 60).

they want me back for a third beta...guess this anxiety never ends..

Not sure what to think about the P#...all I know is that the nurse was not concerned and i read it should stay above 20.

Messica- Good Luck tomorrow.

Breaking- Yeyy on the beta hope everything keeps moving along well for you.

AFM- Had my first u/s today. Definitely got twins on board but we could only see one of the heartbeats. The doctor says it is probably early for that one and that it will probably catch up. Says there is an 80 percent chance it will catch up just fine and 20 percent that it will end as a vanishing twin. Lets see what happens. The heartbeat on Thing 1 seemed a bit low at 97 bpm but the doctor wasn't concerned at all so I guess I will just take it as it is. I go back in two weeks for another scan. Also I switched over from the crinone gel to progesterone injections. I told him I would rather have a sore butt than keep having that yucky discharge that just makes me super nervous when ever it turns a strange color. Just praying both my little ones keep developing :)

Seoul - that is so exciting. Fingers crossed for 2 strong and healthy babies.

Breaking - I think you are completely right...the anxiety never ends. When is your 3rd beta? best of luck.

Seoul..thats wonderful ...Fx both grow strong :)

Red..thx hun. My third beta is tomorrow morning....praying it's a great number and I can stop beta bloods.

I’m so sorry I’m so behind - I’ve been completely offline for large chunks. (Mainly due to being busy or out of the hotel, not because of lack of internet.) I hope everyone is gearing up for a great Easter weekend.

Messica - Pics as requested! The skyline views were from our hotel in Mumbai. (We’re in Goa now.) The washline pics are from an amazing open air laundry service. All the other pics are on my OH’s fancy camera.

Congratulations on the egg collection, fertilization and your DH’s change of heart! I hope your transfer goes smoothly and your 2ww goes quickly!

I’ve never heard of the option to take the unused embryos home. That is great to have the option. I think we signed to allow them at the appropriate time to use them for training (new embryologists have to learn to do stuff sometime, right?) and research.

Breaking - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :happydance: I’m so happy to hear that your beta numbers are rising nicely!! Best wishes for the third one!

Peachy - I LOVE that cartoon! :haha:

Team - I am so sorry for your sad news. My heart hurts for you. The fleeting positive seems worse than a BFN. :hugs:

Morana - Congratulations on getting two frozen.

Testing early is an easy trap to fall into. The 2ww just creates a giant hole under the most attractive cuddly cooing mirage, you step towards it then you’re at the bottom of a pit.

Lanet - I hope your thyroid test came back ok!

Seoul - Congratulations on the twins!!! That is so exciting!!

AFM - Despite being away, I tested early on 10dp5dt and again on my OTD - both were unmistakable BFPs!!!! It hasn’t actually seemed real. Every night I take the sticks out and lay them by the bedside in case I wake up thinking it was all a dream. Pathetic, I know, but even more pathetic - I’ve been taking them with me everywhere for fear housekeeping will accidentally throw them away. I’ve never had a positive test and am so encouraged by them that even getting to the BFP is a huge win in this journey no matter what happens next. I now know I can GET pregnant - it remains to be seen whether I can STAY pregnant.

Attachments

• Mumbai - Day.jpg
    Mumbai - Day.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 5
  • Mumbai - Sunset.jpg
    Mumbai - Sunset.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Mumbai - Night.jpg
    Mumbai - Night.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Mumbai - Dhobi Ghat.jpg
    Mumbai - Dhobi Ghat.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 5
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 13
Messica great report! Yay for transfer!

Breaking sounds like a great beta to me!

Seoul huge congrats on 2 babies hope the little one catches up perfectly!

Kay what amazing photos! Can't think of a better way to pass time!

Red did they say anything about egg quality during the first cycle?

Lanet fx'd your thyroid cooperates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->