First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Red so will you not be on the same cycle as I am?

Lanet I agree with................ your mother ! Ha! Anyhow some people have to do stairs and that's just how it is. I had to go up stairs to get in to my house but then went to bed for 2 days. Although every clinic is different. I don't think implantation happens on the way home so just hurry up and get to where you need to be and follow instructions from there. If you are going to want to be downstairs though I would set up camp there.

Oh geez peachy thanks a lot! Lol. I sure don't want to sleep on the couch. Maybe I'll just get a hotel for 2 days.

Could you stay away from home for 2 days? Unless it was a really posh hotel I wouldn't be able to sleep. Hubby would have to take off work as well because you need to eat : )

I would be more comfortable at home. But I'll ask my dr about the stairs. Obviously I'll take any precaution I need to. I could do a hotel at least the first day if needed

Did your Dr say 2 days of bed rest? Remember mine was totally flat 1st and I could have a pillow or 2 behind me the second so if I were you I'd not take a bedrest break the second day to drive 3 hours. If you have day 5 transfer you'd be around implantation time. Know what I mean? Of course lots of women don't do any bedrest and end up prego. I just never want to say after "I wish I had" or "if I'd have only". Seoul had to take care of a little and look at her?

Peachy I am patiently waiting for af...they said it should show in 5-6 week (that was 2 weeks ago) so I am assuming af will arrive mid to late May, then have to wait for the next one. Hopefully I can go back to my 28 day cycle. So I'm think we start again late June beginning of July.

Lanet - I have hear mixed review on bedrest. Might was well do it just to be safe :)

So you think just getting the drive over with at first would be better? I'll ask the dr too, I know it says 2 day bed rest but no specifics. I'll ask about the drive, the stairs etc.
anxiously awaiting the call to give me the go ahead. And guess what, af just came! Lol
I'm going to lay in my hammock in the sun now.

Ya for AF Lanet!
I would ask him the specific questions - being that you have to drive etc. That way you will know for sure.

lanet - my kids' bedrooms are downstairs and they told me that was a no-no for two days. I'd couch it for those couple days if you are home. Up to pee and walk to the fridge if I needed to and that was it.

Our drive home from transfer was 3 hours too. I brought a thick firmer pillow with and just stuck it under my butt so I could be flat as opposed to reclined. I contemplated riding home in the backseat but it ended up working better to stay I the front butt propped as opposed to in the back on bench seat. I felt safer being able to stay properly belted in that way too instead of bent over sideways in a lap belt :thumbup:

Fx'd this is the last period you'll celebrate having for a very very long time!

Thanks Messica that's good to know. I'm really leaning towards hotel with all your info. Id be miserable on my couch for 2 days. So if I got a hotel for 2 days and went straight after the transfer and then all the next day and night that would be sufficient? Ugh so many things to think about

I think it's going to come down to what you're most comfortable with lanet. Like peachy said, you don't want the mental torture of I wish I would have done this or that. Whatever is going to sit best in your heart and mind.

Well in that case I'm going to ask if I can hang out in the transfer room for 2-3 days lol!

I laid down for about 10 minutes after transfer, then had to walk from transfer room to pee, and then from bathroom to "recovery" room to rest for an hour and had the same concern. The nurse reassured me the lining is like peanut butter for blasts.

I read a similar description of poppyseed in a jelly sandwich before.

I also read that many women don't do any bedrest at all now days after transfer because it wasn't proven to be of any real benefit.

That offered a lot of reassurance and relieved a lot of my anxieties.

They don't just fall out if you stand up! :thumbup:

Yeah I've been reading the same thing, it seems divided. Some rest, some don't. I'll just have to trust my dr. I know I would feel most comfortable if I could get home and upstairs to my own bed. But whatever she suggests is what I'll do!
Do you have more tests to keep testing? Are you feeling excited yet?

I have two more wondfo's I'll take the next two mornings and that's it unless hubs wants a spring for a big dog to humor himself lol

I am convinced I'm pregnant, and am obviously EXTREMELY happy about that, but I won't be able to truly bask in the result until I see what betas do next Monday and Wednesday......and then I'm sure I'd worry until ultrasound to see if one or both took and where....is there a heartbeat....is growth on track.....is it in the cards to make it to viability day.....am I going to get nailed with preterm labor again......

It's hard to enjoy the moment when it seems like there are still so many hurdles to overcome. I feel like I've been caught in this pattern for so long.

A friend I met here on this board wrote and shared an awesome blog yesterday. One of the things she mentioned was that even if....."the dream is still dead in a lot of ways.” I feel l like I'll never be able to enjoy the process normally because of what we've endured. When you've hit so many walls, and so many rock bottoms, it's hard to imagine anything will ever go completely right again.

Not to be a debbie downer, and it's not that I'm not happy, my head just doesn't let my heart dive into joy without caution anymore.

I understand Messica. I just keep thinking as long as I get a healthy baby out of this, I won't care what I went through or how I got there. Fingers crossed for great beta, ultrasound, pregnancy, and birth!
Well nurse says bloodwork and lining are great. I FINALLY get to inject myself in the morning!!!!yay yay yay!!!!!!!!

For those of you that used the follistim pen, I'm confused by the directions. It says to dial to one click, then push inject button and look for droplet, then to dial to your dose and push the button as far as it will go, then dial to your dose again and inject? Wouldn't that inject the dose into the air? Why does it tell me to push the inject button before I'm ready to inject?

Ok thank goodness for YouTube. I guess that would only be to correct my dose of I had dialed past it, directions are so confusing!
To be continued when I look at the menapur....

My clinic had me watch some great videos on RN consult day and I was able to review them as needed as they link to them on their website.

With the menopur especially it was nice because there were options for q-cap use and sub-q or intramuscular injection. Made it easy to sort through exactly what and where I was prescribed :thumbup:

https://www.freedommedteach.com/eng/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->