First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

I will add, depending on the size of your follistim cartridges and dose you can eek out quite a bit more of the med if you're willing to take additional injections.

I had 300u cartridges, originally dosed at 150. Did 150 one day, 150 the next, and following day was first blood draw. Found my estrogen was SUPER low so they doubled the dose to 300 for that night. I saw there was more follistim left in the cartridge so I dialed to 300, injected what turned out to be 75u left over, didn't touch the dial, swapped for a new cartridge and needle and injected the rest of the dose.

It meant an extra shot most nights, but that stuff was by far my most expensive med and I wasn't about to waste a drop lol.

Thanks Messica. My clinic did give me a DVD but I'm much too impatient for that lol. I'll check out that link! The nurse did tell me about being able to get an extra dose and save money if I was willing to inject multiple times. I have 900 iu cartridges.
The menapur looks very similar to the bravelle I used during iui so hopefully that will go smoothly. I just can't believe I'm finally to this point! Now hoping for great follies next week!

Peachy- Didn't you have a stitch put in before your transfer? I think those kinds of things affect how much bed rest they want you to have and how strict they are.

Lanet- My doctor is actually more concerned with the car rides than with actual resting. As long as you are not exercising and lifting and take it as easy as possible he is fine with that but I am sure he adapts it for each patient accordingly. I have stairs everywhere in my house and had to go up and down them carrying 20 lb dear daughter. That being said I would only go up and down as necessary and I would try to not bring her along unless I absolutely needed to. I think going up to your room is fine as long as your not constantly going up and down throughout the day but ask your doctor because each case is different. Yeeeyyy for getting started I am really excited for you :)

Messica- your line looks great as long as you see the progression that is great :)

Thanks so much Seoul! What does your dr say about car rides? It will be quite a long drive home

Had to go to the dentist yesterday. Swung into Walgreen's to pick up flosser picks afterward. Saw FRERS on sale, 2 pack for just $13.00 and thought what the hell.

I totally thought of you peachy :)

Officially 7dp5dt (or 12dpo)
https://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa162/chevyjewel/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3129_zps53d88b8a.jpg

I will have hubs dip the other one himself when he gets home tonight as long as it's not too late. He has NO idea yet because he wanted to be with me when he found out :flower:

Congrats Messica. That's a great line!!

AFM...dealing with morning sickness today during my commute to work. I think it's partly bc i take my prenatal first thing when my alarm goes off. So don't eat until 1 hour after.

Prenatal on an empty stomach would make me sick on a good day! I could barely stomach my prenatal at all with dd. can you take it with something? But woohoo for morning sickness!

First injection this morning was no problem at all. I did it by myself.
Dd is sick so I had dh take her to the dr. I told him no way am I stepping foot in a pediatric drs office with all those germs right now!

Lanet - Yay for stims! And it's a good idea to keep away from that pediatric office with bunch of adorable little petri dishes running around and all. :)

Messica - congrats!

afm - Thanks for concern everyone, I'm def doing better, I was even able to go to work this morning.
Second beta was today, waiting for results now... mini tww :D

Seoul I did have a stitch but the bedrest rule is for everyone. How are you feeling?

Morana hope today's beta is amazing!

Messica YAY for caving! That line looks awesome! Can't wait to hear how hubs reacts!

Breaking take that thing with food ! I will try to remember the candies my ob gave me for ms/nausea they worked wonders.

Lanet yay! So glad you've started and are on your way! Can't wait for a follie count! I was thinking about your predicament and decided if it were me i would do like Messica and lay down and haul ass home, get to bed and be a good girl for the next 2 days. With the valium you should be relaxed anyways and if you have a portable dvd player or ones in the truck like I do you can watch a movie and by the time it's over you'll be home. Whatever you decide it'll be the right thing : )

Morana - are you absolutely on pins and needles??! :happydance:

Breaking - if you can't take your prenatal at night (that's what I do because they make me nauseous regardless), can you try preggie pops for on your morning drives? (that may have been what peachy was talking about). With my kids I ended up always feeling the worst in the evenings and for whatever reason root beer barrel candies worked even better than the preggie pops at times but both were great at curbing the ick. It was a saliva thing for me, nausea led to near drooling, the near drooling led to more nausea.....was a vicious cycle.....gum made it worse but having something not super sweet to just suck on definitely helped.

Hi All -

I swear I miss so much by being away from the forum for one day!

Congrats Messica!

As for my clinic, I don't even know yet if they consider this FET round a chemical pregnancy (remember they were trying to convince me that it was the trigger shot still in my system - the trigger shot I didn't take and my Beta came back negative so to THEM I was never pregnant).

So I have no idea where their brains are, or why they would make me wait 2 months. I am on the cancellation list. As for going to another clinic, wouldn't that involve transferring all of my stuff? It'd probably take as long to get set up. Also - we have 3 frozen embryos and I wouldn't want to transfer those, even though I'm sure they'd do it safely. I dunno. I'm pissed, but not so much that I'm tempted to leave my clinic...yet...

Team even if you don't want to switch clinics at this time perhaps talking to another RE wouldn't hurt. Here when I did switch I just had to sign a release form for them to send a copy of my records to my new RE. Maybe a fresh set of eyes going over your chart would give you a new perspective on things. Then when you go to your appt in May you could bounce those ideas off your RE. Also I think there a couple RE's that answer questions online so you could ask them what they think or would do differently. I am always looking for suggestions on what could help.

Had to go to the dentist yesterday. Swung into Walgreen's to pick up flosser picks afterward. Saw FRERS on sale, 2 pack for just $13.00 and thought what the hell.

I totally thought of you peachy :)

Officially 7dp5dt (or 12dpo)
https://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa162/chevyjewel/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3129_zps53d88b8a.jpg

I will have hubs dip the other one himself when he gets home tonight as long as it's not too late. He has NO idea yet because he wanted to be with me when he found out :flower:
congrats messica

First injection this morning was no problem at all. I did it by myself.
Dd is sick so I had dh take her to the dr. I told him no way am I stepping foot in a pediatric drs office with all those germs right now!

Yay for stimming Lanet
:thumbup:

Morana fingers crossed for good numbers today!
Team I don't blame you for wanting to keep your embies where they are. Hopefully at your sit down with the dr he will listen and understand about your chemical.
Peachy I was thinking the same thing. Set up the pillows and bring a blanket and just get home and in my bed and stay put. I briefly asked the nurse when she called yesterday. She didn't give me specifics, just def 1 day of bed rest, 2 if I could, and that driving home was fine. I'll ask more details when it gets closer
Messica I'll have to remember the root beer candies. I was so miserable and I know what you mean by viscous cycle. Can't eat but empty stomach is even worse!

My clinic called and the numbers are up (although not completely doubled). Of course, I immediately forgot the number they gave me.... it was either 369 or 396, lol. Plus the last test was Tue so that makes it only two days, not three. Next test is on Mon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->