First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Team - I complete get wanting to stay at your clinic with your frosties. Peachy has a good point that maybe a fresh set of eyes would be reassuring to you. I'm glad you got on the cancellation list, hopefully you can get in sooner and get on the cycle with Peachy and I :)

Lanet - Yay for stimming! I'm excited for you!

Morana - Hope your beta goes well.

Peachy - They definitely didn't sound like they thought it was bad. Sounded like they wanted it to double but then I reminded them that the last test was only two days ago, so nurse said she'd make sure to make a note about it. I count it as good until proven otherwise :)

red - thanks!

Morana it all sounds good, hopefully the next one will be sky high!
I'm supposed to leave my follistim cartridge in the pen right?

Yep, just make sure you alcohol swab off the rubber stopper of the vial before you twist on a new needle each time :)

What should I expect at my first follie check? Is there only a small number at first? Do more come up later? Should I expect anything to be happening yet?

Don't expect anything yet. They'll just count number of follies and how big they are and depending on that schedule your next u/s.
Mine did not increase in numbers at all, there were 8 at baseline and that's how they stayed. But I did read here about more follies appearing... but I think they were usually lagging in size a bit

Lanet don't even worry about follies at 1st check it's too early to know for sure. Your bloodwork will help figure out if you're good for that time or should increase meds. I kept having more pop up but it's about how many end up mature. You're going to do great!

lanet- My doctor just doesn't want you driving and avoid cars because of the constant stopping and going can cause you to tense up the muscles.

Morana- those numbers sound good to me hope the next ones are great for you :)

Peachy- I have been feeling awful thanks for asking. I am nauseous all day long but I guess at this point that is the only reassurance I have.

The other day I had one of those crap moments where everything and anything goes bad at the same time. I had to let my dogs outside and lock them up in their little room for a bit because I was cleaning around the house and I decided to leave DD in the main floor and went down to the basement to let them out closed the gate we have for the stairs like I normally do. It was only supposed to be a minute thing but I got super sick right at that moment so I ran to the bathroom down there as I was running there my phone fell out of my sweater into the toilet I hurriedly grab it out but didn't roll up my sleeves got water everywhere puked like crazy (TMI I have no bladder control at the moment and when throwing up I peed on my self) at that same moment I am puking I hear the baby gate come tumbling down and DD scream. I have marble stairs with very sharp edges so of coarse I freaked I ran up but luckily DD pushed it down the stairs but managed not to fall she was just scared of the sound.I must of aged about 10 years in just that moment but very thankful nothing too serious happened and my phone was pretty much destroyed but the repair center here is awesome and fixed it within a matter of minutes for me free of charge.

How is everyone doing? My ultrasound got moved to Monday because y doctor has to go to a conference and then there is a holiday I am just glad they moved it up and not back. Hope to have a good report in a couple days. ;)

Oh my goodness Seoul!!! I'm so glad your dd was ok and didn't fall down the stairs! And you poor thing! I had to laugh a bit at the puking and peeing and dropping the phone in the toilet all at the same time! But seriously I'm glad everything was ok. I hope you start to feel better soon, and that I get morning sickness soon;)
Yay for Monday ultrasound! That's when I'm having my first follie check too.

Thanks lanet I laughed at myself after it was all done too. I hope you are feeling sick soon as well if only morning sickness wasn't an all day thing ;) Good luck on your ultrasound monday so exciting :)

Hi Ladies hope you all had a great weekend. Just wanted to update you all. I went to my appointment this morning and got to see my two little beans looking great :) I will try to post a picture. I heard two very strong heartbeats. 164 and 156 and they are both measuring a week ahead at 8 weeks and 2 days they estimated my due date for the beginning of December and now I have to wait 3 weeks for next scan. Although I may cheat as I am interviewing a few different hospitals and doctors they will probably scan me at those since it is norm here. Thanks for all of your positive thoughts and words on encouragement. I always worry and know I still will but having you girls helps. Good luck to everyone having scans and appointment this week.

Here are my little beans.

Attachments

• IMG_2014042821895.jpg
    IMG_2014042821895.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 6
Oh Seoul how exciting! I'm so glad you got to hear strong healthy heartbeats!
I just made my long drive. I had the worst insomnia last night. I maybe got an hour and a half of sleep:( I kept counting down the few hours I had left to sleep and it only made it worse. Then to top it off we were under a tornado watch until 2 am and the weather radio sirens kept going off when storms passed through. Needless to say I'm taking a nap later! Or at least going to bed by 8:30. I arrived early for my appt but I'll update you when I know something. And I found a nice place to pull over and give myself a shot at 7am;)

Ok ladies I need advice. She said I have several small follicles and 1 at 11. She said she's not worried and thinks the others will pop up soon. Is an 11 too big? Will it be dominant? She said she might worry if it was a 15 but that it's fine. She said she is excited though bc I have 12 on the left and 15 on the right (or maybe vice versa) so hopefully more will get big right??

Seoul!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your picture! Beautiful!!!!!!!

lanet - as far as I know, with a dominant follicle you'd really just have one. It wouldn't let any others grow (or very few?) and would have meant you were never properly suppressed. With how many they're seeing I don't think that's what you're dealing with. You are just a few days into stims right? I know it's hard not to worry but you still have loads of time for all those others to grow :flower:

Went in for my blood test this morning ladies. My regular doc just called to say beta was indeed POSITIVE :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Waiting to hear back from RE's office now as to what my number was. Last test we did was Friday morning because the test line was darker than even the control so I'm hoping it'll be substantial :thumbup:

Messica - Fantastic news:hugs:

Seoul - Your babes are beautiful!!!! Your story had me laughing out loud. I'm glad you feel better and than DD was ok.

Lanet - I think 11 is high - I agree with Messica....hopefully they can control it and you grow lots and lots of other follies :)

Afm, just had my appointment at the clinic. It went pretty well. She was lovely and gave me a blood test to see if I had ovulated so I wouldn't have to guess when af is going to show up after the dnc. Hopefully I have so that I can get this business rolling!

Basically she was disappointed that I only produce 3 good eggs last time. She says that is way too low and I agree. She thinks something happened with my LH level near the end. So starting next cycle I will be on Superfact - has anyone ever taken this? She upped my Gonal F dosage from 150 to 225 so fingers crossed between all of that and the bunch of pills and vitamins I am on will produce good one :).

I feel like an old lady - I have to buy a pill box with the days of the week on it because I cannot keep track with out it! :dohh:

I spoke with the nurse who is in charge of the meds and I told her my benefits ran out. She was a doll and said she would try to get me 2 gonal f pens free of charge from the drug company as well as progesterone. Fingers crossed! That would be awesome.

Messica yay for positive beta!!
Red is sounds like you have a new plan which is great! Hopefully you can get some free or discount drugs.
I'm on day 5 stims. Do you mean you think the 11 is big? She didn't seem to think it was dominant. Hopefully the others were pretty close and will catch up, at least some(a lot) of them! It's still early. I feel fine, no symptoms really

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->