First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Breaking exciting about your ultrasound! I hope the morning sickness isn't too bad for you.
How uncomfortable did uh guys feel at the end of stims? I'm feeling pretty miserable at work and I'm so glad it's my last day. I want to lay in my bed until they take these eggies out. I just feel bloated and weak even.

lanet- Glad you were able to sleep some. I was so uncomfortable towards the end of stims up until a week after my transfer. but the worst was the day before retrieval to the day after transfer. I started getting OHSS and was miserable. I remember before the retrieval I joked to my husband that I had giant female balls and I could feel them. I swear I could feel my ovaries every time I sat stood breathed it was horrible.

breaking- the MS is a pain but so reassuring.I bet your can't wait for this week to be over. AFM I have been feeling miserable and last night I had a horrible stomach ache all night and I still have it today. I am hungry but just can't eat :( I am freaking a bit because I swear i had tiny tinge of brown on the toilet paper and my stomach ache has been so constant all night but I really do think it is just a stomach ache and am trying to convince my self that the brown is insignificant especially cause I haven't had it again. I hate this constant worrying.

Seoul how is your stomachache today? I know it's hard but try not to worry, I'm sure everything is fine! When is your next appt?
I was going to ask you about ohss bc you had so many eggs. I read some scary stories. Can I do anything to prevent it? Or what to look for?
I know have 19 on the right and 8 on the left. I don't even know where they came from!!

Seoul - Sorry that you feel sick...feel better soon.

Lanet - Wowzers! that is a lot of eggs!! Good work!

Seoul - GIANT FEMALE BALLS??! :haha:

lanet - I bet they'll go over it at retrieval time but they mentioned to me (not that I had many so there wasn't near the concern) keeping well hydrated but while eating lots of protein and sodium (soups, crackers, even chips). Things like protein shakes are great, as are pedialite and Gatorade type drinks to keep your electrolytes in balance. I ate lots of canned veg soup and salmon packets on crackers along with Vitamin Water and the occasional Atkins shake.

The RN told me the biggest mistake women make is being afraid to drink fluids, which will actually make you feel worse. Keep everything cycling through.

I would strongly suggest drinking prune or apple juice right after retrieval as well. Someone suggested that here because constipation can get bad and I'm glad I took it.....it was the understatement of the century :thumbup:

I'm glad you brought up constipation lol!!! Bc my stomach is so full of air and it feels like I need to use the bathroom but nothing happens. And when it does. it's diarrhea. Now I NEVER talk about this stuff!!!! But I'm soooo uncomfortable and have so many things going on.
I've stocked up on Gatorade. I will get some salty foods too. (You mean I have a prescription to eat chips?! Yes!) Thanks! The dr said that estrogen levels are a good indicator of risk so I'll see how they look today. I don't really eat much meat so I'll look into a protein shake or something

Our CPA told us that we could claim all my post retrieval foods as a medical tax deduction if we had a docs note saying they were necessary. Doc jotted a bitty saying they were an essential part of my aftercare. Not an actual prescription for chips but close enough lol :thumbup:

I'm enjoying my instructions to eat chips and not exercise. Lol!

lanet- thankfully I am feeling better I think it was just a case of really bad indigestion. I wasn't so worried it was baby related because it was high in my stomach but I can never seem to fully relax I guess but much better thank goodness. Like Messica mentioned, protein and lots of water and gatorade make sure you are drinking a minimum of 2 Liters a day this is the best you can do I also did the protein shake and although I don't really like eggs it seems like I ate a lot of them during that time as well. I was really strict about the water and protein intake and I only endured a mild case of OHSS but with how many follies I had everyone was expecting a serious case of it. My stomach did blow up quite a bit you should have seen my husbands face when I took my jacket off and lifted my shirt when we got back from dinner one night and I was just miserable when he saw me in the morning that day I looked normal when he saw the equivalent of a 6 month belly he about had a heart attack if it weren't because transfer was early the next day he would have taken me to the ER. So start drinking tons of water and Gatorade and rest a lot it is the best you can do for your body at this point. Also watch out OHSS takes a turn for the worse sometimes when implantation has occurred some even look for this after transfer for reassurance but remember not every woman gets worse and if you are doing good with hydrating and protein consumption you should be just fine :) Have they scheduled the ER yet?

Thanks Seoul! Yes er is Monday at 8:30. Now I'm curious about how many of those follicles will be mature/contain eggs etc. I guess only time will tell! My estrogen was 2825.
My heart rate was still 105 at my dr appt yesterday and she said since she just lowered my synthroid dose to give it another day or so. By last night it was back down to 65 and I slept so good. Im so happy to have today and tomorrow off work and I don't have to drive to the clinic! It's nice here too 77 today. I'm going to relax and maybe go pick up some protein shakes.
I'm glad you're feeling better Seoul!

I don't feel good. Just not like myself, I feel bloated and weak when I stand up. I can't do anything. I have no energy. Is this normal? And I'm scared and overwhelmed and just want this to be over now:(

I felt much the same. I was told it was the hormones peaking and that it was totally normal. I think it was that combined with some pretty extreme anxiety. Hate to say but it took several days beyond retrieval to start to feel normal again. The physical discomfort between then and now still hasn't dissipated completely and at this point I don't expect it to.

It helped and still helps me to visualize the end goal. And to remember that it won't be this way forever.

Hugs to you, you can do this and everything will be ok :hugs:

Thanks so much Messica! I'm feeling the anxiety today as well. I've also reached the crying stage. I almost avoided being emotional;)
I called the dr on call. She ordered me to drink a liter of Gatorade before bed, salty foods, and no activity at all, not even chores until Monday retrieval. She wanted to check me in the morning but since I'm so far away she said just if I feel worse she would have me go to my er.

Hope you feel better soon Lanet. Take your doctors advice and relax and drinks lots of Gatorade. The nerves are normal we all want it to go perfect and know how many embryos and quality we have and all of these unknowns just feed our anxiety. Try watching some funny movies to get your mind of things.

Lanet - I hope you feel better hun:hugs: It is so hard near the end. Best of luck with the ER today! Fingers crossed for lots and lots of eggies.

They retrieved 22 eggs. The meds were soooooooo relaxing. No need to have worried. I am on watch for ohss though but I got this.

Great news Lanet :) Glad you were able to relax through retrieval. Take good care of yourself in the coming days. Can't wait to hear the fertilization report :)

Thanks girls. I'm starting to feel a little like myself. I'm chugging the Gatorade and I was instructed to eat fried chicken! Lol. High protein and salt. Very little water, only a few sips. I can't stomach fried chicken right now so I'm drinking a protein shake. I feel so unbelievably relieved to have the scariest part behind me. I'm so excited to hear my report tomorrow. Surely out of 22 eggs there's got to be some good ones right?
I'm more scared of the nausea and lightheadedness from the pain meds than I am of the pain so I'm not taking it. It hurts pretty bad when I relax my muscles to pee but other than that it's ok, is that normal?

lanet- I had this too I think it is normal from all the poking around. It should start feeling better soon. Best thing I found was just to stay put in bed. I actually had a visitor come in from the states during those days and felt I should take him out and about in the city this was 4 days after my retrieval and thats the day that my OHSS flared up I then stayed in bed for the next 3 days and was unbelievable how fast I felt better. I hope you start feeling more comfortable soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->