First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Thanks Messica. Of course it depends how baseline goes on June 4th and I try not to take things for granted so one day at a time for me. Time does go ridiculously fast that's for sure. Are you having storms today as well? Finally a warm day hitting 70's and all it does is bring severe weather.

Peachy do you already have your meds for this cycle? Or any left over?
Embryologist just called, she said all 15 are dividing so we are set for Saturday transfer. I asked what they should be at this point and she said they like to see 8 cells and that quite a few are 8 and 7 cells and a few are slower but that it's totally normal with a group that size. I asked if she expects to have some to freeze. She said yes at least a couple, that everything looks pretty good as of now but that anything can happen in the next 2 days and it's impossible to predict. Does that sound good?

Looks like I won't be joining you in IVF, while waiting for AF to start so we can down reg I got my natural BFP!

Peach - We got nailed with nasty nasty storms last night. Knocked out the power several times and the kids ended up in bed with me. It's been a long time since *I* got scared but the lightning was awful, I kept waiting for it to hit the house. Didn't get much for sleep. Today it's been rainy and more storms are expected this afternoon. I'm supposed to run out to boarding facility to meet the vet for Ruby's shots this afternoon and I'm not looking forward to how that may pan out with this weather.....

lanet - YAY! All sounds fantastic to me!

MissZ - congratulations! How wonderful!!!

Hey Peachy! I am still waiting for af to show. I haven't had one since my dnc and the one before that was February before I started stims. I have to take superfact this cycle then start stims after next so I am thinking maybe a transfer at the beginning of July. I am secretly hoping for a natural bfp this cycle since it hasn't showed, but i have zero symptoms so I highly doubt it. So glad you are moving along quickly - the middle of June will be here before you know it.

Lanet - so glad to hear they are growing well and that you should have some frosties!

Breaking and Messica - can't wait to hear about the ultrasounds!

Miss that's awesome! Congrats!
Thanks Messica! That storm sounds scary. We are supposed to get some tonight but I don't think severe and we need the rain.

Hello ladies,
I still have to catch up on the everything that happened while I've been MIA.
Unfortunately, no good news on my side...
Last Thu I started running a fever again so I called the office and they had me come in.
Then Fri we finally saw the gestational sac on u/s but it was so small, RE said the pregnancy was not viable. Good new were, it was not ectopic and I didn't need surgery. In addition to that they found pelvic abscess developing so I had to go to a hospital regardless.
They did d&c, ct scan, put in ct guided drain for the abscess and after 5 days total in the hospital I got to go home yesterday. Unfortunately, the bacteria that caused the abscess turned out to be antibiotic resistant so I'll be on 10 more days of IV antibiotics.
Once this is all over, I think I'll take a couple months off to recover before going back for my FET cycle.
So please, please, everyone, watch out for your temps and any signs of unusual belly pain! According to my RE, chances of winning this hell lottery are low, but it happens.

PS. Why couldn't I win powerball instead???!

Morana I'm so sorry! That sounds awful! Is that why you were so sick before?

And were you on antibiotics after retrieval?

Oh Morana......I'm so so sorry to read that update.........

How are you holding up? That's so much to deal with all at one time :cry:

(I think you should go buy a stack of scratch off's, wouldn't hurt to try to ride the slim odds train for some good to come your way.)

Lanet - Thanks. I was on antibiotics before retrieval and they gave me a separate different one the day of retrieval. And yes, that's the same stuff that made me sick two weeks ago. It was just masked by the pills they gave me and as soon as I stopped taking those things escalated.

Messica - Thanks! At this point, I feel lucky we caught this thing early, before it got really bad. I feel sad about the pregnancy part... but we knew already it wasn't doing so stellar seeing the numbers, so it wasn't a huge shock (while a big disappointment). We have two frosties in the freezer and another fresh cycle already paid for so I'm hoping something of that will work.

In any case we are light years ahead of where we were two months ago, now we know we can get pregnant, just need to find the one that sticks.

Morana thats a great attitude. This process isn't for the faint of heart. Will you transfer both frosties?
I was put on antibiotics the night of retrieval, I finish them tomorrow morning. I'm ready to finish them bc have a ridiculous amount of meds to remember each day right now!
I'm also praying for frosties bc this will be our only fresh cycle. Actually I'm praying for twins

Morana so glad you are on the mend. What a nightmare for you. I would like to win the power ball as well so throw some luck my way!

Messica the storms have been bad here also. Last night was a mess but I was lucky to get home from work about 20 mins before it started. Then today on and off. When I went to pick my son up from practice (canceled) i could barely see. With all the rain we've already had I worry about trees coming down. Hope your appt went well and it stayed dry for you.

Red I hope your cycle starts soon. I will be doing the endo biopsy but am not sure when yet.

Lanet they called in my meds already but I figure why bother to get them until I get the all clear from baseline to start. I have 1 Ganirelix left and an open Follistim which apparently isn't good after 20 days so that's a no go. My insurance helps out on everything except stims and that's the expensive part.

I got pretty bloated/distended last night, my tummy was so hard all the way up to my ribs. I called the dr and she said to sleep in a reclined position. She said she's going to do an ultrasound in the morning before transfer and to mentally prepare myself for her to do a freeze all if there's fluid in my abdomen. I woke up this morning with extreme cramping, but way up high like a circle around my ribs and into my upper stomach. It finally subsided. I'm worried about how many embies would make it to freeze but she said they have a 95% freeze/thaw rate. Any advice? Words of comfort? Fets are just as good too right? This has just been such a long process and I definetely don't want to end up severely ill when I should be celebrating a pregnancy so I do trust whatever she decides.

Lanet, for what it's worth, my RE says FETs are just as good as fresh transfers these days (he says the vitrification process/freezing technology has come a long way just in the last few years; my gyno concurs).

I've been following this thread so I feel like I know you all. I'm about to begin my first IVF cycle, and because we are doing the PGS (counting chromosomes) I'll be having a FET, too.

Thanks so much. Good luck on your cycle!

Well I have pretty bad ohss. Lots of fluid on my abdomen. 2 good embryos are being frozen right now, 3 more might make it to freeze. I expected more. I am so sad and so scared.

Oh I am so sorry Lanet that really sucks. But FETs in my opinion are so much better. Your body is just so much more relaxed and ready to have those embryos stick. Take care of yourself and stay positive those two frosties will become uour beautiful babies soon enough.:happydance:

Thanks Seoul:) I really am ok worh doing a fet. I just feel so crappy that I need a break for a little bit anyway at the moment. And I desperately need to pee off this belly!!!!!! I can hardly walk! I just hope the other 3 embies make it to freeze too. Here's my ohss belly https://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q219/kristylanet/Mobile%20Uploads/image-6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->