First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Lanet..i did a lot of research on ohss and water retention.

You need to take in a lot of salt. salt from food goes in to your blood stream. Water follows salt. The water in your ovaries and abdomen will follow the salt into your blood and head for your kidneys...eventually urine.

Eat....protein!!! gatorade...V8..salty snacks.

No water. Water will just end up where it's going now.

U did this for 1.5 data and was peeing like a racehorse...it worked.

Gluck!

Thanks breaking but that's the exact diet my dr has had me on since er on Monday! And I'm following it strictly! I ate a whole jar of green olives and the juice last night! 450mg sodium per serving! And I've been avoiding water so long that it sounds like the most delicious thing on the planet right now. She has me on high protein (now only protein, no carbs) high sodium, Gatorade diet. I really truly believe that's what kept me out of the hosptital bc my bloodwork yesterday came back perfect. I'm not low on proteins or electrolytes. I'm also supposed to avoid veggies bc this causes high potassium.
I've gained 10 lbs in 4 days now. I'm so miserable I just want to lay down and sleep but I can't. I just wish it would start coming out already! How long if you're not pregnant does this have to last??
Waiting for my Mother's Day news of my other 3 embryos. I'll update when I hear.

I got the call that I have 6 high quality day 5 and day 6 embryos frozen!!!!! I'm so thankful!!!!

I'm so sorry to read about your ohss lanet, it sounds just miserable :(

Very happy to read about your frozen embies though! What awesome news to get that the last ones made it today too!!!

So happy for you Lanet! Hope you feel better soon. I saw your picture and couldn't help but say ouch. That bloating is so painful and uncomfortable. I really hope it's almost done.

Breaking- was your ultrasound this past Friday? How did it go?

Congress Lanet....hope the symptoms stop and you feel better soon.

Seoul...yes we had 7w5d u/s on Friday.....it was amazing. Our little bean is doing great with a strong heartbeat. We go back in at 9 weeks!

Breaking that's so exciting! And awesome that you get to see it again soon!
Yesterday was a rough day, I think bc it's been 12 days since I've felt normal or slept normal and I just can't take much more. Praying today's the day.

I'm starting to feel normal!!! I've lost 10 lbs. I'm sooooo thankful and still slightly traumatized lol.
How are you doing? What's your first step?
I'm spotting so if af shows today then I can start bcp and get ready for fet.

Lanet, do you know what your AMH is? Mine is on the high normal end, and I'm slightly worried about OHSS myself--although my dr is on top of it and is prescribing me a lower dose of stims. I still have to finish this round of low-dose hormones following my (2nd) hysteroscopy before I can start. Ready to begin already!

Mine is 10.1 or something. And I was on the starting dose of stims. And during my iui injection cycle I only made 1 follicle. So I'm not sure where my super response came from! I've heard if you start the high protein diet during stims it can help prevent. But idk for sure. My E2 wasn't crazy high and yes I had 28 follicles and 22 eggs but even that isn't some crazy high amount. But def put me in danger territory.

Yeah, mine is 4.3 ng/ml so we'll see. I'm glad you're doing better! Sounds like it was scary. Good luck on your FET--hope it happens soon!

Thanks and good luck to you too! How long approximately before you are able to start?

Before the hysteroscopy this last Monday, he had me starting on 5/22; but the surgeon decided to put me on Estradiol for 10 days, followed by Progesterone for 10 days, so now it's looking like the beginning of June. The hormones are to 'smooth out' the uterus -- I had polyps and a septum removed (I had no symptoms whatsoever--hysteroscopy #1 was a routine check pre-IVF, hysteroscopy #2 was to finish cleaning everything out). They also have me on birth control.

I have a follow-up with my doctor on Monday to confirm the actual start date. Because we're doing a FET, there was already some cushion built in time-wise. Aside from the recently discovered polyps/septum, I have no known fertility issues aside from being 35 (and a lesbian - ha). My partner and I tried five failed IUIs (don't get me started--I love my dr but the whole IUI thing was a big fat waste of time, with me opting for natural cycles with frozen donor sperm, PLUS my uterus was a mess, which we didn't know at the time--anyway that was never going to work).

Our RE is optimistic about IVF, so I am hopeful. Usually I tend to stress and fear the worst. Working on that...

It sounds like the uterus may have been the obstacle, so now that it's being taken care of hopefully that's just what you need!

Hi ladies!
Finally caught up on my reading :)
Kay, Seoul, Breaking - so happy for you guys! It sounds like all is going great and it's exciting!

Lanet - glad your ohss resolved by itself and 6 is a great number! Hopefully FET will do it for you :)

afm - still finishing up my antibiotics. Hopefully my picc line comes out soon. Everything seems to be healing OK, u/s today went well, now we are waiting for HCG to go back to 0. Then we'll take a break for a couple months before going back for out FET cycle. Can't wait for memories of hospital stays to fade a bit! :)

jsquared - RE's tend to be brutally honest so if yours is optimistic I say run with it!

lanet - yay for slowly recouperating, what an ordeal to say the least girl!

morana - although I'm sorry you had to go through all that, I am glad that FET is an option for you in the near future. I will be watching for future updates, you'll always be in my prayers :flower:

afm - I updated down in multiples if anyone is interested <3
(no bakers dozen for us peachy :haha: )
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...2176647-took-my-breath-away.html#post32671927

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->