First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Kay8 are you still away? Hope you're great as well!

Hey Peachy!!!! Away with the fairies in LaLa Land is more like it. I've been back for nearly 2 weeks but the first week or so, I was catastrophically exhausted and slept for hours during the day every day, I'm still trying to get it together. A month in the states (FL, TX, NY, PA, MD/DC/VA) nearly broke me, but I tried to fit everyone in and make it count since it'll be my last trip home for nearly a year.

Despite the exhaustion, I am super (no problems to report & minimal side effects aside from fatigue & the "girls") and the little one (now 16 weeks) is awesome looking more like a baby now and less like a bean according to the 12 week U/S. What I can't get over though, is how laissez-faire the midwife process is here! I went yesterday for an appt, just a few questions and a urine sample then my next midwife appt is at 28 weeks on SEPT 29TH!!!

I am SO, SO excited for you and Lanet. I am pleased that you've both had your transfers and all is going well so far. I will not be a stranger because I need to know what happens with you guys. I have everything crossed for you both and am virtually holding my breath! Giant hugs. :hugs: :flower:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 08.42.48.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 08.42.48.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 2
Messica, what a lovely, touching video!!! It took me almost 4 min (nearly the end) to realize that it was YOUR video, I initially thought that you used "a" video from the internet to explain 'the journey' to your family and announce, it wasn't until later in the video that I caught up - then I had to re-watch it, knowing it was YOU. How precious! I am so happy for you guys. :D

Holding out tremendous hope and praying hard for you today peachy :flower:

Glad to hear all has been so well with you Kay!

Kay8 great to hear from you! So glad pregnancy is going so well! Everyone is moving along so fast!

Thank you Messica : )

Monday 10dp3dt was 115 and today at 12dp3dt is 384. Now all I can do is sit and wait : )

Messica that video is so amazing! What kind of response did you get from family and friends?
Hi Kay, glad to hear that all is well with you!
Peachy you know how happy I am for you!

Thanks so much ladies! One day at a time...

J how are things going for you?

Just so you all know Lanet really needs our support right now staying away from the pee sticks. It's almost to the point of staging an intervention :winkwink:

Peachy, I'm alright. Starting the meds tomorrow for FET--estrogen pills and patches. We talked to my gyne today to get her opinion on carrying twins (she used to deliver, wish she still did). After talking to her, I think we've decided the best thing for us to do, given the fact that we have 5 PGS-tested embryos, is to put back just one. She was super frank about the risks of twin pregnancy, some of which I knew, some of which I didn't. So for us, given the increased likelihood of two sticking, putting back one feels like the right move. My gyn went through IVF herself at age 40 (with the same RE--she put back 3, got one healthy son!) so she understands what goes into making this decision and really couldn't be more compassionate.

This is some hard stuff. As much of a control freak as I am, I wish some of the decisions weren't for us to make. I don't know. Eh.

lanet - just say NO to pee sticks!!!! (even though I couldn't I understand why it's generally not a good idea to succumb to the temptation lol :hugs:). How many days left before beta for you?

Everyone LOVED our announcement and has been incredibly supportive. My only problem as of late is a lot of people up here have been overboard with the concern. I'm getting a lot of "I'm praying for you"'s (complete with sad near teary faces, as if I have a terminal illness) and it's really been freaking me out. I'm pregnant, not dying. Everything is trucking along just fine even through your cousin's friend's co-workers best friend got pregnant with twins and lost one. I can't stand the pity or the doom and gloom. I'm not sure why so many have felt the need to tell me how worried they are that something is going to go wrong - but I'm beyond fed up with it. Told hubs I'm fixin to move and hole up with family elsewhere here shortly. I need optimism, not a town full of debbie downer, worry wart, nutjobs. There is absolutely no reason to think anything is going to go wrong (but now I'm left knocking on wood saying that because it's all got me so paranoid).

Having an in depth scan tomorrow at 5pm. Will be grateful for the reassurance even though I can pick them both out separately with doppler no problem at this point.

Messica, you are young and healthy and odds are everything will be absolutely fine!!

You know it's true that more often than not, women pregnant with twins wind up with healthy, happy babies (this was repeated by my dr today). I hope you know that my twin angst is mine alone, based on my particular set of circumstances (my formerly septate uterus, potential problem cervix, yada yada). I have no doubt you'll be fine--you are well-informed and will do everything you can to keep yourself and your babies healthy. :) It sounds like you have a lot of people who love you and want the best for you and just aren't sure how to show it. A few months from now they'll all be in love with your little ones the way you already are. You have every right to be happy, every reason to be optimistic, and no room to doubt that the best is yet to come. :flower:

Messica that's crazy that people think of it as worrisome or sad. It's the best freaking thing ever!!! Of course prayers are always great, but don't let them get you down.
J squared I think it's great that you made an informed decision.
Peachy is really not a good one to convince me not to test considering how soon she tested and got her bfp lol. So hubs told me i had to wait until at least Friday, but I found myself secretly holding my pee for 4 hours tonight and then telling my husband I had to test now!!!!
https://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q219/kristylanet/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps26c91b35.jpg

J it is such a tough decision but I'm glad you were smart enough to gather info and make an informed decision. So do we have an actual transfer date?

Messica it probably made most of us shed a tear. For us that's ok because we know how it is but for others that don't it would probably seem like a precarious situation. Try to look at it from a non ivf ' er point of view and try to have a little more tolerance for their ignorance. When anyone says anything just say "oh well I'm lucky because my babies look great and healthy and we are so excited for them to join and complete our family". Just make sure when you walk away they know you're happy and healthy. Then keep venting to hubby about the idiots :winkwink:

Lanet :dance::wohoo::headspin:

oh Lanet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::hugs:n I'm so happy for you! That's a great line for 5dp!

And Miss Peachy - :hugs: I am over the moon.

Messica - you video made me cry at work...lol it was awesome!

J - hope the meds are good to you.

Now I want a baby!!! lol Soon enough. So nice to see that everyone is doing so well!

I'm so happy I get to do a double YAY in just a day's time!!!!!! HORRAY LANET!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Now beta isn't until next Wednesday! Such a long time. I didn't sleep at all last night. I felt like it was Christmas Eve or that I was afraid id wake up and the line would be a dream. Hopefully I can sleep again someday lol.
Redbrick you're next!

https://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q219/kristylanet/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4ea0a104.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->