First midwife appointment today...

Babydust2014

Reaction score
...and I'm so excited!! It's all starting to feel real for me now. Although carrying a little pot of wee in my bag is a bit weird ha ha

A funny note on the tiny wee pot...the lightbulb blew on the bathroom light this morning. I was busting for a wee so had to go for it despite the dark...small pot + no light = me squealing as I got wee all over my hand! The joys :wacko:

Anyone else got their first appointment today? I'm not sure exactly what gets covered...

Wishing you a happy Wednesday everyone xxx

I had mine last week they just go over medical history fill in all your hospital paper work, then usually take bloods check blood pressure, height and weight. Is this your first?

Thanks for the info Nic, useful to know what will be covered today. It is my first indeed :happydance: Are you on number 3? How close together are your other two? x

Be prepared to be there for about an hour... Takes a while to fill in all paperwork of yours and other halls medical history... So ask families if you don't know for medical conditions.

Also check your urine, take blood for everything! Lol blood pressure, height, weight... Your co2 to check if you smoke or not...

Also asks you if you wish to have the NT scan done or not :)

X

Yeah number 3 for me ive just had scan today cause we had 5 loses last year and I'm 9 weeks now but there's 5 year between my other two my eldest has just turned 9 and my youngest is nearly 4

Be prepared to be there for about an hour... Takes a while to fill in all paperwork of yours and other halls medical history... So ask families if you don't know for medical conditions.

Also check your urine, take blood for everything! Lol blood pressure, height, weight... Your co2 to check if you smoke or not...

Also asks you if you wish to have the NT scan done or not :)

X

Hi Babee,

They split the appointment so it was only 30 minutes today and I have to go back next week. We filled in half the forms, gave me the form for the dentist and weighed me with my shoes on (the weight prompted me to go and get batteries for my home scales ha ha)

So much information is needed! They sure are thorough :wacko:

Thanks for the info x

Yeah number 3 for me ive just had scan today cause we had 5 loses last year and I'm 9 weeks now but there's 5 year between my other two my eldest has just turned 9 and my youngest is nearly 4

Sorry to hear about your losses. Hope all was okay at your scan? We are at a similar stage, my due date is the 8th October.

Nice age gap with your other 2, the eldest will be a great help when baby arrives x

I had my first appt yesterday! They ask so many questions but I suppose they need to be thorough! Glad I'm not the only one who ended up weeing on their hand! I didn't have a pot so had to go whilst there. The receptionist gave me a pot in front of the whole waiting room and pointed to a toilet. Afterwards I realised I didn't bring a bag so would have to walk out with a pot of wee. Luckily it fit in my back pocket but made a lovely bulge for everyone to know what it was! Cringe! Xx

Nic you got your BFP! Yay!! :) xx

Thank you baby dust scan went well baby is very healthy this time so we are all set to go for the full pregnancy :) glad your appointment went well I'm due 7th October but I will be took in 2 weeks early for section so baby will be here for 23rd September.

Yay missr eventually Lol congrats on your bfp too do you have journal I will follow, name of mine is in my signature xx

Glad your scan went well nic . I'm due 7th October too! Thanks Hun, I haven't got a journal but I might start one up. Will be following yours now :) xx

I'll see you there Lol and I'll keep eye out for yours. What's chances of that ending up with same dates x

Just trying to read through your journal and catch up a bit! I've always gone to make one but never got around to it. Would be nice to have everything written down. I know... I was near enough bang on with my DD. She was only 2 days off due date. Hopefully this one will come around the right time too xx

My first appointment was also today. Very boring though. Form filling and answering questions!

Miss r hopefully this one comes due date for you I know I'll be going in early for section so will defo be September this one is here x

I had my first appt yesterday! They ask so many questions but I suppose they need to be thorough! Glad I'm not the only one who ended up weeing on their hand! I didn't have a pot so had to go whilst there. The receptionist gave me a pot in front of the whole waiting room and pointed to a toilet. Afterwards I realised I didn't bring a bag so would have to walk out with a pot of wee. Luckily it fit in my back pocket but made a lovely bulge for everyone to know what it was! Cringe! Xx

Nic you got your BFP! Yay!! :) xx

Oh the things we go through MissR...lucky you could wee on demand like that, pretty sure I would have got stage fright ha ha My hubby asked why there was a pot of urine at the top of the stairs with a funny look on his face. He shut up when I told him I'd weed on myself ha ha

My eyes popped out my head when I was asked if I had an vaginal piercings or whether I had ever injexted drugs...but I guess they need to ask!!

x

Thank you baby dust scan went well baby is very healthy this time so we are all set to go for the full pregnancy :) glad your appointment went well I'm due 7th October but I will be took in 2 weeks early for section so baby will be here for 23rd September.

Yay missr eventually Lol congrats on your bfp too do you have journal I will follow, name of mine is in my signature xx

So glad your scan went well and all is well with your little one. That's great that you'll be able to plan to a specific date, and you'll get to meet your little one 2 weeks earlier than me :winkwink:

My first appointment was also today. Very boring though. Form filling and answering questions!

I know right? I was so excited but when I left I was 'Is that it?!'. Roll on receiving our dates for our dating scans :happydance:

I knew I would have to wee there so I made a point of not going and had some water. It was only a trickle but enough for them to use �� haha if my OH knew id peed on myself I wouldn't hear the end of it. He would laugh at me all the time lol! How are you feeling at the mo? Will you get a dating scan date at your next app?x

I knew I would have to wee there so I made a point of not going and had some water. It was only a trickle but enough for them to use �� haha if my OH knew id peed on myself I wouldn't hear the end of it. He would laugh at me all the time lol! How are you feeling at the mo? Will you get a dating scan date at your next app?x

I thought I'd got away without morning sickness when 6 weeks came and went without it but it seems to have arrived this week with avengence. I feel so queasy all day regardless of whether I've eaten or not!! I guess it could be a worse, I could be weeks into suffering with it. At least I know squidge is thriving so it will all be worth it.

I should hopefully get a letter within the week with a date for my dating scan. I cannot wait because then I can stop feeling like such a dishonest person ha ha The excuses I've made not to drink and the outright lies I've told when people have come out and asked me directly if I'm pregnant!! I've only told my Mum and my 3 closest friends, and my DH of course. Who have you told?

How are you feeling? Do you know when your scan will be?

Morning sickness is the worst! It always comes around at inappropriate times. I was in a shop the other day and for no reason just came over all nauseous. I've found as long as I have water on me it usually calms it.

I know what you mean, it is difficult to keep it in and lie to peoples faces. Is this your first? Hopefully your dating scan will come around quickly so that you can finally let it out to people. Basically everybody knows with me, I've had to tell a lot of friends for various reasons but cant wait to officially announce.

I'm feeling better than I did a few weeks back, not as exhausted. Yes thankfully :) mine is on 23rd march, really looking forward to it! When is your due date?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->