First midwife appointment today...

Morning sickness is the worst! It always comes around at inappropriate times. I was in a shop the other day and for no reason just came over all nauseous. I've found as long as I have water on me it usually calms it.

I know what you mean, it is difficult to keep it in and lie to peoples faces. Is this your first? Hopefully your dating scan will come around quickly so that you can finally let it out to people. Basically everybody knows with me, I've had to tell a lot of friends for various reasons but cant wait to officially announce.

I'm feeling better than I did a few weeks back, not as exhausted. Yes thankfully :) mine is on 23rd march, really looking forward to it! When is your due date?x

The biggest give away is that I'm not drinking...I usually love a glass of wine...hopefully not too much longer to wait and I'll know when our dating scan will be.

It is our first so it's all totally new to me. I just hope all is fine when we do have our scan and then I will be blurting it out to everyone. My Mum knows but we have not said anything to my Dad, he is useless at keeping secrets and will tell everyone because he will be so excited. Bless him! The sooner we know everything is okay the sooner I can let my Dad in on the news.

Every calculation I had done gave me the date of the 8th October but the midwife gave me the date of the 7th. When are you due? How are you finding things second time around (I can see from your signature that you have a little girl).

The no drinking is a huge giveaway! I usually just say I'm on antibiotics for some reason or another and can't drink on them. Although people still tend to be suspicious :) hopefully they should give you a dating scan date at your next midwife appt. That's where they gave me mine.

Oh bless him! It's such lovely news to try and keep to yourself but not much longer and you can shout it from the rooftops 🙊 at least your able to talk to your mum about everything, symptoms etc.

I also worked out a different date to my midwife. According to online calculations it would be the 5th oct. But according to midwife it's also 7th October! Our LOs could end up sharing a birthday :) I'm trying to enjoy it as I haven't planned for any more children after this. I'm getting nausea which I hate and I'm exhausted but other than that I'm great! Xx

The no drinking is a huge giveaway! I usually just say I'm on antibiotics for some reason or another and can't drink on them. Although people still tend to be suspicious :) hopefully they should give you a dating scan date at your next midwife appt. That's where they gave me mine.

Oh bless him! It's such lovely news to try and keep to yourself but not much longer and you can shout it from the rooftops 🙊 at least your able to talk to your mum about everything, symptoms etc.

I also worked out a different date to my midwife. According to online calculations it would be the 5th oct. But according to midwife it's also 7th October! Our LOs could end up sharing a birthday :) I'm trying to enjoy it as I haven't planned for any more children after this. I'm getting nausea which I hate and I'm exhausted but other than that I'm great! Xx

How cool would that be if our babies were born on the same day?! :thumbup:

I have not been feeling too great today. I've had a runny tummy...which in a way is relief from the weeks of constipation but not nice having to stay near the loo all day :dohh:

I'm taking each day in my stride...just hope my stomach starts behaving soon. I'm either feeling really bloated and not hungry at all so I don't eat but then I started to feel nauseous so eat something small, then go back to feeling like I've eaten too much!! And the excess gas...I have never had so much extra air that needs to escape in my entire life ha ha ha

Pregnancy sure is glamorous isn't it?!? I don't want to be someone who moans throughout my pregnancy, I really view it as such a magical time but jeepers, I did not expect to have these issues to contend with :nope:

xxx

That would be cool! We can be bump buddies if you like? Would be nice to have someone to go on the journey with :)

Tell me about it, so much glamour involved! �� I had similar to that in the first couple of weeks, feeling nauseous because I hadn't ate and nothing seemed appealing, and then when I did eat, feeling worse! I have found that if I eat little and often, say every 2/3 hours it really seems to help.

Oh no for your runny tummy :( do you think you have a bug or is pregnancy related? Hope it doesn't last too long for you, being chained to the loo is no fun!

To be honest I think every pregnant woman has reason to moan, and it doesn't mean that you don't understand how blessed and lucky you are. It just means that you feel like s**t and you need to vent a little! �� Don't worth about the odd moan, it's all part of it. I don't think I've stopped moaning to my OH this whole time haha xx

That would be cool! We can be bump buddies if you like? Would be nice to have someone to go on the journey with :)

Tell me about it, so much glamour involved! �� I had similar to that in the first couple of weeks, feeling nauseous because I hadn't ate and nothing seemed appealing, and then when I did eat, feeling worse! I have found that if I eat little and often, say every 2/3 hours it really seems to help.

Oh no for your runny tummy :( do you think you have a bug or is pregnancy related? Hope it doesn't last too long for you, being chained to the loo is no fun!

To be honest I think every pregnant woman has reason to moan, and it doesn't mean that you don't understand how blessed and lucky you are. It just means that you feel like s**t and you need to vent a little! �� Don't worth about the odd moan, it's all part of it. I don't think I've stopped moaning to my OH this whole time haha xx

I like the sound of having a bump buddy. Hello Bump Buddy :happydance:

I think it's just my tummy figuring things out. My DH and I ate the same at every meal and he has been fine. After weeks of feeling completely blocked up it may just be my bodies way of having a clear out. I'm feeling much better today...just hungry, like eat a horse hungry!!

I got a message from a friend this morning offering to send me her left over Ovulation Tests (we were only going to start properly trying this month). I managed to say I already had some and I should be fine. Oh the lies we tell.

I'm totally with you on the moaning. It is a blessing and one I am incredibly grateful for. I was worried we would battle but the first month of NTNP I got my BFP. But it is a big deal...the way your body changes and just feeling BLAH. And I guess at the moment I just feel not myself. I'm not visibly pregnant, baby is too small to feel anything...and I'm weeks off my first scan. I think once I have a date to work towards (hopefully I'll get the date tomorrow) it will start to feel more real. Especially when we can tell everyone!!

xxx

Hello! :wave:

It's always nice to have a buddy, especially first time round. If you need to know anything il try my best to help :)

Ah so glad your feeling better today. Must just be your body adjusting!

Hehe it's all for a good reason though, I know it's so hard to keep quiet, so you did well to not mention anything! My scan is in 2 weeks today and I'm just counting down the days!! I'm sure you will get a date at your next app, which I guess is tomo?? And it should be quite soon considering your nearing 12 weeks in a matter of weeks lol.

It is hard to actually accept you are pregnant when you don't feel it. I'm So excited for you to experience all the first time mum things. Feeling baby move is the best feeling in the world. Wow lucky you! I also fell pregnant with my first within a couple of months, expecting it to take much longer.

Make sure you let me know when you get a scan date! Exciting :) xx

I got my letter yesterday my next scan is 27th march so that will make me 12 weeks 2days but I've already had my dates from 9 week scan, they work it out from first date of period but all depends really on if u ovulated early or late in the month off dates of period I was due 11th October but midwife measured baby at 7th October she said I must of ovulated a couple days earlier xx

Nic looks like you have the same due date as us! :) although i feel like I may measure slightly behind at my ultrasound. Will have to wait and see. Great that you got a San date to look forward to! X

Pretty cool if the 3 of us end up having the same due date :thumbup:

I have my second half of my checking in midwife appointment this afternoon MissR. So hoping I get news of my dating scan. I usually have on average a 26 day cycle...could that bring my due date forward or push it back?

How random that from a discussion about a first midwife appointment we have found 2 other ladies with the same due date!!

Have fabulous Tuesday's Nic and MissR xxx

Let us know how the appt goes and if you get a scan date, which I'm pretty sure you will. Are you in the UK? I'm not really sure to be honest, I think it more depends on when you ovulated that month as to when your due date will be and how you will be measuring at dating scan..

Hope you have a great day too! Xx

My appointment is not until 4:30 today but I will most certainly let you know. I am in the UK, up in Scotland. Originally from South Africa but have been living in the UK for 11 years, in and around London for the first 9 1/2 and then we moved up to Aberdeen 18 months ago for my husbands work. Where about are you? xxx

I have 26 day cycle too and they put me forward 3 days at scan if that's any help. Its nice to have Buddy's with same due date, there's 5 year gap between my ds and dd and 4 year between dd and this baby so you kind of forget things what its like and what to expect so nice to have ladies by my side along the way.
I'm from Newcastle xx

Good morning,

Well I didn't get my scan date yesterday afternoon. Think my midwife had forgotten to send off my referral after my last appointment. Oh well, I'll hopefully get a letter soon.

That is useful Nic, thank you. I totally agree that having ladies to share the experience with is such a great benefit of modern technology. My Mum has been very supportive but her pregnancies were such a long time ago, being able to share with ladies who are going through the exact same thing at the same time is brilliant.

Have your or MissR gone for the Down Syndrome screening? I said yes, I'd like to know either way but given I had to sign a consent form I was unsure if everyone had the test or not?

xxx

Well with my dd who is 4 next month when I went for my 12 week scan with her they said she had the thickness of fluid on her neck which is first sign of downs they offered me extra scans to track her growth as downs babies limbs tend to grow quicker than body and the test where they take fluid from the sac, I accepted the extra scans but refused the needle as Im already high risk of miss carriage in pregnancy, they did the next scan at 16 weeks and limbs were OK but the fluid was still there on her neck they said I would have more scans all the way through every few weeks but that cause I didn't have the needle they could only say it was 50/50 she was downs they gave me the option to terminate which I told them was not an option to me and that if she was downs she was my child and would make no difference to me and would have the same love etc would just need to be pointed in the right direction of help to support her for her needs. Anyways when she was born the first thing they said to me was she's not downs and she had consultant appointments till she was 2 as she was born with a slightly wider neck so it turned out to be something of nothing, I have refused tests this time as its no matter to me if baby has downs in my opinion as it is something I would deal with as it comes and they are happy people with a great quality of life. Its your choice if you wants tests as its personal preference I was just thrown back when they asked if I wanted to terminate my dd as that was never an option to me and I thought how many people actually do that and my dd is living proof that a scare can happen and there be nothing wrong with them xx

I hadn't really thought about how I would feel if the results were inconclusive. Like you, I don't think it would change anything. Food for thought.

Your daughter is living proof that medical knowledge can only get you so far! It is certainly not an exact science xxx

I accepted the downs test in my first pregnancy, and will do the same this time around. I would like the option of knowing, but like nic I don't think I could ever terminate. I would still love that child no matter the disability. I think accepting the test is always a good idea but it is all down to personal preference.

On a lighter note I have got aittke bit of energy back :) yay. Hope you ladies are feeling good! From the earlier post baby dust, I'm from Hertfordshire, just outside of London. I bet it's cold up in Scotland right now?! Xx

Yay that you are feeling better MissR. I also seem to have turned a corner in the last couple of days. Last week I was so tired and was picking at junk for energy and with hindsight I think that was what was making me feel nauseous. This week I've been back to healthy eating with lots of small meals and it has made all the difference to me.

My instinct was to have the screening. I spoke to my DH tonight and neither of us feel that a positive result would affect in any way our desire to continue with the pregnancy. I would rather be aware/prepared if that is the case, just worried about Nics point...that if it is inconclusive (I would not risk the pregnancy for amniocentesis) that we spend the rest of my pregnancy worrying, and still end up with a baby without downs.

What is meant is meant, I try to live by that so now should be no different.

Until we were down in Surrey for Christmas with my in-laws I would have said it is not that much colder up here. But I think it is more a case of my blood having thickened up ha ha At Christmas my husband and I were sleeping with the window open because the house was too hot ha ha

Glad you have more energy, it must make it easier with your little girl xxx

P.S. My Dad was born in Watford :)

I think that helps a lot, I was doing the same... Grabbing unhealthy foods to try and get an energy rush but I found if I had a healthy breakfast as soon as I got up, then it would curb the nausea for me. Are you a healthy eater then? I'm very fussy and in no way a healthy eater at all! When I found out I was pregnant with DD I immediately stopped my bad habits and went on a health trip, but this time around I just can't seem to stay away from the bad things. Hopefully after the scan and things being more real I will start to eat better.

I also agree that it is nicer to be prepared and at least know if you are going to be faced with that reality. I think the chances are actually really low, but obviously you never know.

Really?! I've heard it is so cold! Wasn't it snowing there a while ago? I get cold very easily so I struggle with winter, I'm so happy there's finally a bit of sun coming out! Yes much easier to deal with Rubie, as she is very demanding! She's at the age where she wants me to play with her 24/7. I'm trying to get her into a preschool but struggling to find anywhere that had places left.

Gutted that you didn't get a scan date, how annoying your midwife didn't send it off. Hopefully you should get one sent through within a week or 2 as they can't really leave it much later than that xxx

I take my hat off to you with Rubie, if I'm tired I can lay on the sofa of an evening. Guess you don't have that luxury when you already have a little one.

Oh it is definitely colder and it is a damp cold so it gets into your bones. Think I've just acclimatised over the time we have been up here. My onesies help ha ha The weather teased us on the weekend with warmer days and beautiful blue skies...then Tuesday arrived. Think we are due to have snow today! Blah!!

I hope so too. She did say I should hear within a week to ten days...ummm at that point I'll be anywhere between 10+5 to 11+1 so they better get a wiggle on.

I felt great yesterday but fell into the same old trap this morning. I didn't sleep well last night, tired today and have managed to munch my way through a bag of mini eggs, and now feel like if I close my eyes I would sleep. 3 hours and 10 minutes left of day!!

Before finding out I was pregnant I tried to be healthy didn't always succeed. Post wedding I put on 1 1/2 stone and was trying to get it off. When I got my BFP I made a real effort and managed to maintain healthy eating until last week when I started grabbing junk. I've been better this week until today, want to keep up with it as don't want to gain too much through this pregnancy given I was overweight to begin with xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->