First midwife appointment today...

Well done you! It's hard not to worry but it's best to just enjoy it and like you say stress doesn't help. It will fly by and be here before you know it! Xx

Michelle I can't wait to hear about your scan tomorrow! What time is it? Il be checking here for any updates :) I bet your getting excited now it's so close! Xx

Hey Rachel,

How are you doing?

I am so excited about tomorrow. My scan is at 2:40 so this time tomorrow we will have just finished up. I can't wait to see our little one.

We have a big work event today which means the day is flying by...which is a good thing I guess.

I'll give you an update as soon as I can lovely.

Thanks for thinking of me x

Doing great thanks, feeling much more energetic than I have been. I get days on and off where symptoms come back full force but not feeling like a train wreck daily any more!

I'm excited for you, really is the most amazing moment. Don't forget to bring the tissues lol. I cried so much first time round with Rubie.

That's great, i bet today flew by for you, and now only one more sleep before you get to see little one! Yes of course, update when you can. Can't wait to hear how little one is doing xx

Ah Rachel....we are so so happy. We have one very healthy looking wriggly baby bouncing away in my belly. I cried, my DH wouldn't let go of the ultrasound pics. So so so happy xxx

Oh yayyyy! I'm soo happy for you :) glad everything is going well. Did they tell you what your dates are? Is your due date different now? Mine was altered to 1st Ocotober. It's so lovely seeing them that first time. I'm not surprised you cried, it's the best feeling! Xxx

Thank you Nic and Rachel. It is such an amazing feeling to see your little one for the first time. I really was surprised to see how much movement was going on!! My womb was being used as a swing ha ha

They put me forward a day so I'm now due on the 7th October and the sonographer was surprised as that was the original date the midwife had given me. She said that never happens where the dates match. The apps I'd used after my BFP had given me a date of the 8th so I'd just gone with that until today.

I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep last night but I think that may be the case tonight!!

So so so happy...we all having happy little beans in our bellies xxx

I know, it's strange how much they are moving and we can't even feel it yet! With Rubie I felt her move around 17 weeks, so hoping this time it may be slightly sooner?

Oh so you wasn't far off at all,.you must have ovulated when you thought then. We will all have our LO's within the same week. That's if we all actually have them near our due dates! I was only 2 days off my due date before so hopefully won't go earlier later this time!

How are you feeling now? Are you showing at all? Me and OH family go for out dinner every Friday and I didn't even eat a lot but I blew up like a ballon. I felt so huge and uncomfortable I had to leave early. And now I'm off to bed because I'm exhausted! Pregnancy joys :) xx

Hi Rachel,

I'm feeling good!! Amazing what having seen our baby has done for me...just feel excited and reassured. Popped into Debenhams after work last night as had some time to kill after work before meeting up with friends. I bought DH a cute little frame to put one of the scan photos in that he was clutching so dearly on Thursday, and two newborn vests with sheep all over them. So exciting to think we will have a precious little one to dress in those vests in just over 6 months time 😊

Sorry you were feeling unwell last night. Since my BFP I've had to start eating smaller meals otherwise I run the risk of feeling so uncomfortable! Hope you are feeling better today?

I must admit to being glad yesterday is over!! With my folks living in South Africa I wanted to do something special for them to announce my pregnancy. My Mum secretly knew...as I knew she could keep a secret. Neither my Dad or my brother are capable of keeping their mouths shut!!

I'd confided in my oldest and dearest friend a month ago and told her I was pregnant. Apart from wanting her to know, I also needed her help with my idea to surprise my folks. The post in SA is terrible...many times I've posted things that have never arrived...or arrived 6 months later. That was hardly going to do for this.

I'd found a poem on the net that was so lovely (on mobile view I can't see a way to attach a photo of it) that I made up in a design. I ordered a frame and my friend put it together and dropped it off at my parents yesterday morning.

The reaction...happiness? Excitement?

No...anger at not being the first to know!!

Then my brother announced our pregnancy on Facebook!! My MIL has been away for work this week and we hadn't been able to get hold of her until this morning!!

Just want to forget yesterday ever happened. My parents have called and apologised today after I sent a text message to all of them last night telling them how disappointed I was with them. But my brother feels like he has been wronged and is now ignoring me!! Ummmm sorry I didn't realise it was his place to communicate OUR news!!

So much stress that is so unnecessary!! I'm focusing on my lovely husband and the little one in my belly. That is all that matters x

Oh that's adorable! I haven't bought any baby stuff yet, but I'm sure with Rubie I had already bought loads by this point. I think when it's your first, it's hard not to. However, I have loads and loads of baby stuff, so don't really need to go out and buy lots like last time. Did DH like his pressie?

I have been feeling slightly better, but not 100% myself. Yes, I think that's the key, to eat little and often!

Oh wow! You really have had a stressful couple of days!! I would be fuming if I was you! Your brother had no right to do that. I'm sorry they wasn't understanding of why you waited. Have things settled a bit now? Are you feeling a little better about the whole thing? You are right to just concentrate on the things that matter but it is so understandable for you to be angry and upset.

I have just this morning received the results for the Down's syndrome test, and we are low risk, our actual risk being 1 in 47,445. So very happy with that result. Have you heard back on your one yet? Should be within the next week if you haven't yet xx

Hi Rachel,

Sorry I have been AWOL. It has been quite the emotional week!! My brother is still being a *+”$%$ and even though we have spoken a bit it has been anything but pleasant. He is now taking the stance that I am creating drama and is incapable of seeing how being 13 weeks pregnant and emotional and having your thunder stolen by a stupid Facebook announcement and then him pretty much ignoring me for 5 days with the exception of sharing his anger at my voicing of disappointment and upset about his actions is creating that drama. Very sad but I think I have reached the end of the road with it all. It is so like him to make something that has nothing to do with him about him! But then that has been the story of his life! I’m going to be focusing on my DH who has been so supportive, our little one and all of my amazing friends, old and new that are not in any way detracting from what should be a happy time!

Apart from being incredibly emotional due to the events of the week, I have been feeling so much better! I have actually felt proper hunger over the last week! Hadn’t realised quite how much nausea had replaced that feeling in my body! I definitely have my energy back and started my yoga dvd back up on Monday, and will do it again this evening! My right hip had been a bit sore since the weekend, but the yoga on Monday really helped so going to attempt to keep it up.

Read on my pregnancy app that baby goes through a big growth spurt around 11-13 weeks and boy can I feel it! I have similar cramping to what I had around weeks 5-7. I am not worried at all as I know it is baby growing but I have a definite bump now…probably made more prominent by the spare tyre I have sitting on top of my belly ha ha!!

That is great news on your results. Think each Trust is different…up here they said I would get a call within 5 days if the result required further discussion, or I would receive a letter in the post within 2 weeks if all is fine! She said that if 8 days go by without a call from a withheld number I can assume I am in the clear…I didn’t ask if that was working days or days in total though?!? Who knows!

Hope you are feeling a little better now?

xx

Hiya Michelle, sorry I've been useless in replying!

Sorry to hear that your brother is still being that way! He sounds like how my sister is, so I feel you. I was dreading telling my sisters (because of the reaction I got with DD) but they actually are very supportive this time around. I hope your brother gets over it all soon and can actually be reasonable to you. He is going to be an uncle after all!

So glad your feeling a bit better... I am right there with you! Actually feeling human again and have some energy in me :) do you do yoga often? I have never tried it as I'm really lazy and never bother with exercise :haha:

Ohhh yay for your little bump! Will you be positing bump pics? I was thinking of starting a journal just for bump pics so I have something to look back on. Did the sonographer tell you baby's measurements at your ultrasound? Rubie was 10.2cm at 12 week scan but this baby was only 6cm so I think it's a lot smaller!

Oh yes, probably different up where you are. I got told the same though about getting a phone call. I'm sure your results won't take too long in coming back. Let me know when they do :)

Hope you've had a great Easter! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"