First midwife appointment today...

Omg I wrote out a big long reply and accidentally deleted it all!! :(

I will reply a little later when I have time to type it all out again. Stupid phone!! Lol

Hope your good :) xxx

Oh dear MissR...that has happened to me. So annoying!!

I'm good, got my referral for my scan this morning - Thursday 26th! So excited.

Hope everything is okay your side? xxx

Really is the worst thing!! I was like omg noooooo! Haha.

Oh yay!! So happy for you. 3 days after mine :) best moment seeing your baby for the first time. Is your DH excited??

Yeah all good here. Felt a bit rough yesterday and today but getting there. Going for an Indian tonight for my sisters birthday but not really in the mood, just want my bed lol! Xx

Enjoy your curry. We have just had pizza and salad with ice-cream to follow. Healthy eating is going well this weekend ha ha

Whats been up the last few days?

I've been full of what a friend of mine called pregnancy rage. Just so angry, no reason to be angry at all, totally my hormones!!

So looking forward to our scan, first and foremost to see our little one but also because then we can be official and we can tell the world. I've started avoiding some social situations as I just can't be bothered having to make up stories. Soon I can hopefully just be open and honest about why I'm not drinking and can share the exciting news with people and get back to life as normal. I totally understand why they suggest keeping pregnancy quiet during the first trimester but it can have such an isolating impact :nope:

Hope you are feeling better and enjoyed your time out xxx

Haha oh well, I always find the weekends are the hardest to eat healthy as my OH always fancies a takeaway! Although we had a lovely beef roast dinner last night cooked by OH as it was Mother's Day. Him and LO cooked me breakfast in bed and let me have a lie in and got me some lovely pressies :) had a great day!

Aghh poor you! The hormones are the worst. Have you been emotional or is it just this new anger? This time round I can cry at anything, for no reason. I cried the other day because I accidentally placed 3 knives and a fork for dinner lol!

Fortunately I rarely go out because of LO so haven't had to make up anything. However I can understand that must be very difficult to do. Not long now and you won't have to worry. Are you counting down the days? Mine is in a week exactly! This time next week il be making my way to the hospital eeek!! Xxx

Hello MissR,

How are you doing? Not long until your scan now...how are you feeling? My mind has been going overboard with worry...what if something is wrong etc. Guess I'm getting my first taste of Mummyhood and worrying about my baby!

Luckily I've not been too emotional, just really moody. Hopefully that won't stick around for too much longer, I've been a bit of a monster over the past week. Have you still been feeling emotional?

I've kind of thrown myself into work this week in an attempt to keep my mind off my scan. I've never felt like this, equally excited and terrified at the same time.

Your Mother's Day sounds lovely and Rubie must have enjoyed it too as she is old enough now to start to understand special occasions.

I hope you are having a good week and that you are not being a worry wart for your scan next week like I am xxx

Hey! By the way I'm Rachel :) just to make things easier!

I am the same, think it's pretty normal to feel this way. I'm very nervous for Monday but hoping everything is fine and bean will be wriggling around nicely for us. I think on Monday I might get a bit excited. Are you getting excited for your scan now? Just over a week for you?

I've been feeling better, a lot of my symptoms and emotional state seems to be calming. Yes I have been moody too but I'm always moody! Have any new symptoms appeared for you?

Yes was lovely, it is nice now Rubie actually gets it. She picked out my card and won't stop going on about it lol xx

Hi Rachel, I'm Michelle :)

I am getting a little excited now. Last night I had a look in the mirror and could see the start of a little bump. My tummy also feels heavy, like there is something in there :) Obviously know I'm pregnant and there should be something in there but thinking it and feeling it are two different things.

I've also been feeling a little better this week, still moody but my nausea has gone. The only symptom I still have since before I got my BFP is a stuffy nose in the morning. Think this has not been helping with my nervousness about next week, but after last night I'm now feeling incredibly excited!!

Not long now and you will see your little one on the screen. Sending positive vibes that all will be wonderful for both of us xxx

Michelle, after coming from your other post I just want to say I'm sure everything is going great with your little one. I know it's easy to over think things and worry but I think as the time gets closer that excitement will begin to creep in more. My scan is tomorrow morning, yikes! And I am finally feeling a little bit of excitement!! I am nervous too but I can't wait to see my baby! Hopefully I can share good news with you tomorrow and that may ease your mind a little.

Not long now until your scan! Do you work? I've found just trying to keep my days busy is the best way to hurry the days leading up to your scan xx

Hi Rachel,

Thank you!! I am so wanting Thursday just to get here now. I felt I'd turned a corner late last week with the worrying and was just feeling excited...and then yesterday happened and panic crept in. Talking about it is making me feel better today...with people here I just had to stew on it and then it was wrecking havoc in my brain all night.

Everyone, and your reassurance is making me feel so much better!!

Yay for your scan tomorrow. What time is it at? I will be thinking of you xx

That reminds me actually about a question I've been meaning to ask...I had an ultrasound yonks ago for an ovarian cyst and needed to go with a full bladder. Is the same true for the 12 week scan?

I do work...I'm going to be keeping myself super busy this week and hopefully the time will just fly and Thursday will arrive.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your news tomorrow. So excited for you and am sure all will be well...now just to get the same surety for myself xxx

I can imagine it will bring fresh worry to your mind, I would be feeling the exact same. But as others on your other thread have said, statistically the chances are so low. I had a perfect scan with Rubie and now she is a healthy almost 3 year old mini me :) although my sonographer that time around was really miserable and she didn't even say 2 words to us! I'm hoping this scan we will have someone a bit more cheerful!

It's at 10.30, this time tomorrow it will have been and gone! Thank you :) xx

As far as I know you don't need a full bladder, it says on my scan letter that you don't need one. I also had an ovarian scan a while ago and my bladder wasn't full enough so they had to do a transvaginal examination. I'm sure they would do this for you if you was meant I go with a full bladder. But I'm pretty certain you don't have to.

Thank you! I will update as soon as I can :) xx

Good luck for scan Rachel keep us updated. They do usually like you to have full bladder for scan as it exposes baby better but sometimes I've had one without and it hasn't made any difference to me xx

Thinking of you Rachel x

Thanks Nic...I got my referral letter out and it didn't say anything so I was confused. At the moment my bladder always feels full so it won't be a big ask. Hope you are feeling well?

x

When is your scan? Ur hospital might not be fussy as to full bladder with all 3 of mine I've been asked for full bladder but I'm the same it always feels full at moment haha. I'm good thanks you how about u x

Mine is on Thursday afternoon and even though it is only Monday I know it is going to be all I can think about!! I just can't wait for it to get here now. I want to know my little one is okay x

I've been listening into mine with a Doppler they don't usually pick up will 14 weeks but after your first your muscles are thinner so tend to pick it up earlier. My scans Friday xx

Thank you Nic and Michelle :) Well, after all that worry, sonographer said everything looks great! Baby was wriggling around for us nicely. I am measuring slightly ahead than I thought, so am at 12+4, baby is measuring around 6cm which is a lot smaller than what my DD was at this point. So relieved and glad everything is ok! Looking forward to hearing great news from you on Thursday Michelle xx

Ah Rachel that is such lovely news!! So so happy for you! I've been stalking this thread all day ha ha xxx

Thank you! I can finally relax a bit now. Cannot wait for your scan on Thursday :) are you feeling a bit more excitement now? Xx

I am yes!! I had strong words with myself last night...worrying is not going to help anything or anyone, it's just going to make me stressed and uptight so I'm now excitedly hoping for the best, and will worry about dealing with the worst only if the worst happens.

This time in 3 days I will have my answers. Not long now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->