First midwife at 10 weeks...

madam

Mummy of 2 & pg with no.3
Reaction score
Hey girls

Hope evryones well:)

Weathers opened up so making me feel happier eventhough the sickness is terrible...

My first midwife appointment is at 10 weeks. They were offering one at 8 weeks but as i was in the process of moving surgeries (wrong time, i kno! But needed somewhere closer to home). They told me to wait till i was a new patient at the surgery.

Anyway to cut a long story short. Just wanted to ask if i will still get my 14 weeks scan?? Im worried as i'll b seen at 10 weeks that i'll miss it?

With my DD and DS i had booking in appointments at 8 weeks so wasnt a problem.

Thanks girls! Have a lovely weekend :flower:

I always done first mw app at 10 weeks with all of mine and still got 12 week scan :) this one i have my first app next week but that is because my dr told me to to try get an early scan, but 10 weeks is the normal time hun so dont worry you will get your scan still :)

Aww cool. That makes me feel better. Ta hun.

xxx

With my twins i had my first MW app at bang on 10 weeks and the first available scan app that came up was at 14+5. All depends on just how busy they are at the time.

I had my first MW booking in appointment yesterday, I was 11w6d and I have my 12 week scan at 12w6d so I'm sure they can fit you in

my first midwife appointment is on the 29th April.

Im sure your midwife will book you in asap for your scan. xxx

I had mine at 10 weeks too. I got a scan date through for 13+4 but I was worried in case dates were off and I didn't want to miss the 14 week cut off for the NT scan, especially with being 35 and so at a higher risk automatically. So I just rang the ultrasound dept direct after I got the date through and asked for something sooner and they sent a new date for 12+2 ... So there might be options if you think your scan is too late x

I have to see my doctor for him to arrange my 12 week scan and then see my midwife separately for the rest of my appointments. Is it definitely your midwife who books your scan?

Yes. Normally thats what happens at the first midwife appointment. They ask loads of questions and fill in ur initial maternity book notes. These notes are then sent to the hospital where they send a date for ur scan out:)

I should be ok hopefully as some of the women on here were seen at 10 weeks initially and still got in for their first scan.

X

Apparently it is 14+2 for the cut off for nt. I'm not booking in until 13+6 and my midwife thinks we will be okay as she pre notified the hospital this week that I'm a late booker. If I was you if phone the midwife team and ask to speak to your midwife. It should be okay at 10w though!

i'm 10 weeks Tuesday and still haven't heard from my midwife, I've moved since having my last two, there I saw a midwife at 8 weeks, and then got a scan date through a few weeks later.
i'm guessing by the time I do actually get to see my midwife i'll be near on 12 weeks and then end up being too late for a NT scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->