First puke at work. Should I just tell them!?

Well I don't think my boss would ask. It's the other girls..and they already did ask yesterday and I said no :blush:

I would hold off, as our MS is mild you might get lucky and not be sick again at work for a while and be able to hold off until you have hit the 12 week mark.

I'm definitely going to see how I feel next week before saying anything :)

I ended up having to tell my boss on Monday because I ran out of a session to be sick. I was quite gutted as had hoped to keep it quiet but it was so obvious and thankfully I have a good relationship with my boss and she's happy to keep it quiet as understands it's very early days.

I hope you feel less grim soon! x

Hi! I hope you feel better soon! I read that the mints burn your eyes. Have you tried these? I don't know if they sell them in Australia but perhaps they have something similar?

https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...ID4527613:BRUS&eESource=CAPLA_DF:3029075:TRUS

These helped me A LOT. They are all tangy so they help to alleviate queasiness.

Also, water with fresh squeezed lemon helped a lot, too :)

Did you end up telling your boss? How have you been feeling?

The one thing I hate is when people ask if your pregnant or say maybe you're pregnant. In the event you are and you don't want tell, it puts you in an awkward position.

Anyway lol Hopefully you've been feeling well enough to get through work!

Since I got married it's all I've ever heard! People asking if we are going to have kids, when we are going to have kids, are we trying to have kids yet? Are you pregnant? I have never asked anyone that and won't. It's none of anyone else's business.

onerth - I just wanted to have my 12 week scan first so that I knew things would be ok. The more people you tell, the more people you have to tell if something goes wrong.

I did end up telling them because I had an awful migraine at work a couple of days ago :(

I'm thinking about telling my boss and co-workers. Mostly because I have now had about 3 people ask me within the last two weeks if I was "ok?" ....I don't know how long they will believe that I barely get any sleep! haha I'm so tired all the time its insane! And I've been starting to get more and more nauseous.

Crazy how the noticeable sickness and everything happens in the first months when you arent supposed to tell!! Makes it so hard!

I know! It sucks :( Especially when they're people you see every day.

I was thinking of you today as I struggled to not throw up on my boss during our 1-1 goal reflection meeting

Ugh it sucks doesn't it! Sorry you're feeling so crappy x

It's fine. My favorite part was my coworker insisting I go home because I looked like s*** because "aside from taking care of yourself, everyone can catch what you have!" Took everything I had to not yell, "CAN'T CATCH PREGNANT! " haaha

Hahahah I know! When I was sick at work last week my boss told me to keep my germs away. Bet he felt silly when I told him Im pregnant! :haha:

Since I got married it's all I've ever heard! People asking if we are going to have kids, when we are going to have kids, are we trying to have kids yet? Are you pregnant? I have never asked anyone that and won't. It's none of anyone else's business.

onerth - I just wanted to have my 12 week scan first so that I knew things would be ok. The more people you tell, the more people you have to tell if something goes wrong.

I did end up telling them because I had an awful migraine at work a couple of days ago :(

:(

I do hate that. Suddenly you're married and then everyone expects babies. Those sorts of questions and comments are right up there with those that ask if someone's pregnant and they aren't sure. I was 22 weeks with DD. I'm overweight (more-so at that point - but I could have either just been fat or pregnant - or both lol) and we had a nurse stop by to do a physical for DH's life insurance.

Like the second she walked in, she asked if I was pregnant. I told her I was and she was like, "Oh good. I asked someone once that and she wasn't, just overweight!". I really wanted to respond with "and that didn't teach you it's rude to ask?" but I didn't.

My dad actually asked me when we were giving him a grandbaby on our wedding night. We were cleaning up and he asked me. I was so speechless and didn't know what to say. I just said that he'd have to ask DH about that one, not thinking he actually would. He did. :dohh:

It's fine. My favorite part was my coworker insisting I go home because I looked like s*** because "aside from taking care of yourself, everyone can catch what you have!" Took everything I had to not yell, "CAN'T CATCH PREGNANT! " haaha

:haha: I wonder if it'll dawn on them when you do decide to tell them! That's too funy!

Hahahah I know! When I was sick at work last week my boss told me to keep my germs away. Bet he felt silly when I told him Im pregnant! :haha:

:haha:

So annoying! And I'm sure after we have 1, they'll be asking when we are having our second. It never ends!

I buy my husband a personalised Christmas ornament every year for our tree - one year was a vacation one from our trip to new zealand, then when we bought our first home, and when my husband became a firefighter, and when we got married..etc. When I showed my dad the wedding one I bought for the christmas that just passed, he said "maybe there will be a baby one for next year" ughhh. Anyway - hopefully :flower:

So annoying! And I'm sure after we have 1, they'll be asking when we are having our second. It never ends!

Then they start asking if you're going to try again for (gender none of your current kids are) like children are Pokemon cards. Eventually, they will start to ask if you're done yet and if you really need more children.

We are only having 2, and I'll be happy to let people know when I'm done so they can stop hassling me! :p

I hate feeling crappy at work! Eww a dentists must be horrible with MS.
just a question, and sorry if its a stupid one, but do you take x-Rays? If so I would tell your boss. My sister worked in a vets and they have to be careful and leave the room.
Hope you start feeling better soon :hugs:

Yes we do & I most definitely leave the room (and stand as far away as my button will stretch!) :flower:

We leave the room whether pregnant or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->