First Signal faint positive?

Josephine

1. Of course she's testing. Everyone (mostly) loves to test and watch the progression of their much anticipated baby that they have been trying to conceive for however long it may have taken just to FINALLY see those two beautiful lines.

2nd. Of course she's worried about her numbers and the doubling time. Anyone who has had a loss will worry. Even if she hasn't had a loss, the 1st tri is such a worrisome time especially in the first weeks of pregnancy when (especially on the forum and real life) you hear and see of women who you consider a friend experience early loss and it's devastating and you just hope and pray that you yourself won't experience that pain.

3rd. Thank you for the support and encouragement in your previous posts but if you can't continue to be supportive of her then take that negativity elsewhere.

4th. If it's just my raging hormones and I'm reading too much into your posts then I do apologize. But it seems to me like you are just being negative and rude in your comments to Curly.

So todays fs. 20dpo fmu. A tad darker seems like i should see more progression but we will see!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 9
Wondfo does seem to have progression dark as control, just not as wide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 10
Curly, your tests are looking good, definite progression on those! I hope your numbers continue to increase - are you having your bloods done some more?

Josephine, I agree with Kim. I don't know whether it was intended to sound that way, but your above post does come across insensitive.
I don't know what you were like with testing with the children you have, but as Kim said most people continue to test to see progression for the reasons she said, and I think this happens more so when you have suffered a loss too (Curly, I don't know if you have). When I was pregnant with our son, this was a couple of years after I miscarried and I was so frightened it would happen again, especially when I started spotting with him. I tested frequently and I didn't stop until I saw the test line become darker than the control line. It was reassuring because it meant for that time at least, hormones were doing what they were meant to do, and thankfully he was fine despite spotting and a lot of pain, which continued until about 17 weeks. My 20 week scan, instead of being my second scan was actually my fifth scan because I kept seeing blood and pain! I had a scan at 5+6, then 8 weeks, then 12, 17 and 20 ish weeks.
That may seem over the top, but I appreciated the reassurance of darkening tests and each scan I got to see he was safe and growing well. We even bought a Doppler and started trying to find his heartbeat ourselves at home, which we did at about 9 or 10 weeks.
I don't know if you have felt like this, perhaps your pregnancies were uneventful in which case that's brilliant, but for some it's as much of a frightening time as it is an exciting time and if there's anything that can reassure someone, then they should do it imo. Like Curly getting bloods done, she's concerned because she doesn't feel they have increased as much as she feels they should have. In my opinion, I think they have increased well, despite perhaps taking a little longer to do so, they are still increasing. Yes, if she wasn't testing she wouldn't know, BUT, sometimes people want to know because if anything were to go wrong, it may be that for them personally they can cope better being given a heads up, than it being a shock at the usual first scan.

Curly, I know you are worrying. I know how scary the start is. I know seeing numbers increasing a little slower than you anticipated seems like a negative thing, but they are increasing. Sometimes they slow down a little then speed up. Your tests are definitely progressing and I think this is a positive sign. Can you get an early scan?

My dr ordered these tests (its not really whether or not i want them Its how they do thing with people with mutiple losses (ive had 5). I think they will do another beta tomorrow, but i havent talked to them yet because they havent called (i saw my results online). They said they will take my betas til they reach 8000 then give me a scan. So who knows how long i will have to wait for one.

Yes its very hard to deal with all this! Im trying hard to remain positive but its so difficult!

Oh Curly, I'm so sorry you have suffered so many losses :hugs: things are so different here - you find out you are pregnant, book a date with the midwife and that's it. You have bloods done but they don't tell you numbers, I don't know if they actually check the numbers for hCG or if it's solely for things like iron levels and other stuff. I can't actually remember what they are! Then you have a scan at about 12 weeks unless you have a reason for an earlier scan, or if you have experienced losses before then they may offer an earlier scan for reassurance.
Sounds more thorough where you are. I'm glad they are keeping an eye on you. When will you get to talk about your most recent results? I have everything crossed for you that this LO sticks. Things so far are going so good, let's pray this carries on

Oh gosh im so sorry! Totally didnt mean to offend and totally understand i would most likely continue to test too im sure most of u kno that already! I did think after i should have put that i dont know your fertility history and stuff im so sorry to hear of your losses and really hope this baby stays with you :hugs: it totally makes sense that you would have extra tests. i was just sorta trying to say that many of our pregnancies in the uk could have had slow rising levels but we would never have known so wouldnt have worried. Im so sorry if i upset anyone :( i was in a rush this morning and just wanted to leave a quick comment of reasurance but i guess i didnt put enough thought into it sorry xxx

I just looked back at my post thats why i put (unless i assume if there is reason to) i meant i dont kno what happens in the uk if there is a history of losses - i think what cupcake said is right tho we would just get extra scans instead. I kno its impossible not to worry tho i hope you are okay x

Its ok josephine. In some ways i wish i never had my betas done. But this way at least now im preparing myself for what probably wont be a good outcome rather than be in ignorant bliss. I think its harder if i would have just started bleeding or something. But if this all works out then i wish i never would have had them done!

I suppose at least u get warning yeah. I was thinking ignorant bliss might not be a bad thing so you can enjoy this special time with ur bean regardless how it works out. Just didnt want u to be worrying instead of enjoying these moments of pregnancy x oh i hope so much everything has a happy ending for you x

I think if we asked for betas we would get them, if tests were behaving weirdly or if we had a history of early losses. I do think it's something we can request in the UK but it isn't usually something that's routinely carried out. Unless perhaps in the case of IVF? I don't know about that.

Personally I have an ongoing argument in my mind on testing, but I mean early. I can completely understand testing once you have a positive to see the progression as it can be one of the most reassuring things. But the ignorance is bliss thing, I don't know. Depends on the person I guess. I haven't decided for myself personally whether ignorance is bliss. Hence why I always test early. I would like to be able to leave it, but at the same time, I want to know what's happening and when. I hate that I have seen positives a few times now, followed by blanks and af, if I hadn't tested I wouldn't have known but at the same time if I hadn't known then I may be unaware of a potential issue which could possibly be easily fixed. It's a double edged sword I think

Well im 5 weeks today. 21dpo. Test looks the same. Im anxiously waiting my beta for today. I have 5 more hours to wait. Oh but the line showed the fastest ive ever seen, and my boobs hurt the most they ever have this pregnancy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 15
I hope your beta results are good. Great lines :)

Line looks good to me! Fingers crossed for your betas :)

Your lines look great, curly! Let us know what they say about your beta's! I'm sure they've gone up more!

Still dont know anything. They said they got behind in the lab and to call tomorrow at 7. Grrrrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->