First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

My RE called, I totally forgot they took blood. My beta was 13110 and looks like hopefully 2 more weeks of PIO shots if all goes well.

Wow..that's high...good thing you saw that there was only one baby in there!

BabyW, your numbers are great! Sounds like everything is solid in there, yay! That sounds like a normal jump to me. I've heard a lot of girls' numbers jump like that sometime in your timeframe.:thumbup:

beagle, how exciting that you start STIMS!!! Time really does seem to fly by with this stuff, doesn't it?? I'm so excited! Glad your Hyst went fine too!

kfs, I was so excited to see your number continue going up!! Such great news! You have an u/s today then?

Terri, looks like you and I are in this one together, huh? Literally, the same day! Love it. :happydance:

brighteyez, so excited that you're doing it again! I was hoping you would, whether it was a FET or fresh cycle, I just wanted you to keep trying. So this makes me happy.:flower:

Amy, I'm excited for your beta tomorrow!

Leens, I'm so hoping you'll check in soon.... worried about ya, girly....

booger, i agree, it would be great to have a nice little party with BnB girls, hehe!! I'd love that. Too bad we're all so spread out!

ladysosa, i'm glad you get a birth control that you already know you like pretty well, that's great. :) I'm excited that you got your calendar and everything!

Hi to Jen, Moni, jkb, and Knitgirl!

Took me forever to get time to check in, but all caught up now, whew! AFM, still on track for transfer next Mon, the 9th. Went in today for lining and E check. Lining looks good, and E is good. I start my P on Wed. I'll be taking it for 6 days prior to transfer (rather than 5), because they'll be transferring 6-day old embies this time. Since they're thawing on Mon and doing the biopsy, my embies will grow another day while we wait for the results. My RE made me nervous today... She said if the embies are slow to expand after thawing, we wont be able to do the overnight testing, because they have to get the biopsy sample out by 1pm in order to get results next day. So if they aren't expanded by noon or so, we wont get the results in time. And in that scenario, she was asking me what I'd rather do... a) Skip the PGS and just have 2 thawed embies put in that day anyway, or b) go ahead with the PGS, and re-freeze the embies again while we wait for the results. The latter isn't recommended since all that freezing/thawing/freezing could weaken them. So I took option (a). But I'm keeping FXd that everything just goes as planned. For my last FET, my two embies were thawed and expanded by noon, so I don't expect it to be an issue. But they have to write up a backup plan for these kinds of things, since they do happen.

Now that i've just re-read my post above, its making me wonder if i understood them correctly... Because if we don't do the PGS (if they aren't expanded in time to get overnight results), then we'll still have to re-freeze two of them. So.... not sure why they would discourage choice (b) since we'll still have to re-freeze the ones we don't use. I may not have fully understood the discussion... might need to call them!

ERose-You might want to call them, but it's my understanding that it only takes about 40 minutes to thaw.. So, if they start them on Monday morning, by 1pm, they should be ready. Maybe they are only unthawing two, and if those aren't ready, they will not send them and just thaw the second set for a Tuesday transfer? I don't know because I thought you were getting PGS on all 4. Hmmm..I agree..I think we need clarification. hee hee. Yup, we ARE in this together should all go as planned tomorrow morning when I go in for my scan.

BabyW-what is a molar? Moni's numbers are really high too, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

kfs1-I hope you were able to get to your appointment ok this afternoon. I guess they may not have your results until the morning though. I can't wait another day!! Amy, I guess the same goes for you. One more day!! One more day!! hee hee

BabyW, your numbers are great! Sounds like everything is solid in there, yay! That sounds like a normal jump to me. I've heard a lot of girls' numbers jump like that sometime in your timeframe.:thumbup:

beagle, how exciting that you start STIMS!!! Time really does seem to fly by with this stuff, doesn't it?? I'm so excited! Glad your Hyst went fine too!

kfs, I was so excited to see your number continue going up!! Such great news! You have an u/s today then?

Terri, looks like you and I are in this one together, huh? Literally, the same day! Love it. :happydance:

brighteyez, so excited that you're doing it again! I was hoping you would, whether it was a FET or fresh cycle, I just wanted you to keep trying. So this makes me happy.:flower:

Amy, I'm excited for your beta tomorrow!

Leens, I'm so hoping you'll check in soon.... worried about ya, girly....

booger, i agree, it would be great to have a nice little party with BnB girls, hehe!! I'd love that. Too bad we're all so spread out!

ladysosa, i'm glad you get a birth control that you already know you like pretty well, that's great. :) I'm excited that you got your calendar and everything!

Hi to Jen, Moni, jkb, and Knitgirl!

Took me forever to get time to check in, but all caught up now, whew! AFM, still on track for transfer next Mon, the 9th. Went in today for lining and E check. Lining looks good, and E is good. I start my P on Wed. I'll be taking it for 6 days prior to transfer (rather than 5), because they'll be transferring 6-day old embies this time. Since they're thawing on Mon and doing the biopsy, my embies will grow another day while we wait for the results. My RE made me nervous today... She said if the embies are slow to expand after thawing, we wont be able to do the overnight testing, because they have to get the biopsy sample out by 1pm in order to get results next day. So if they aren't expanded by noon or so, we wont get the results in time. And in that scenario, she was asking me what I'd rather do... a) Skip the PGS and just have 2 thawed embies put in that day anyway, or b) go ahead with the PGS, and re-freeze the embies again while we wait for the results. The latter isn't recommended since all that freezing/thawing/freezing could weaken them. So I took option (a). But I'm keeping FXd that everything just goes as planned. For my last FET, my two embies were thawed and expanded by noon, so I don't expect it to be an issue. But they have to write up a backup plan for these kinds of things, since they do happen.

Don't worry too much. They like to have all bases covered in case things don't go according to plan. Since they thawed in time last cycle odds are good they do so again. I am so excited for your transfer. Wow how time flies.

I'm so excited to watch you, Terri and Beagle this month. I feel another positive string of bfps coming.

I've stopped Googling high hcg and all that stuff. I am concerned but there is nothing I can do but wait until next Monday's ultrasound.

ERose-You might want to call them, but it's my understanding that it only takes about 40 minutes to thaw.. So, if they start them on Monday morning, by 1pm, they should be ready. Maybe they are only unthawing two, and if those aren't ready, they will not send them and just thaw the second set for a Tuesday transfer? I don't know because I thought you were getting PGS on all 4. Hmmm..I agree..I think we need clarification. hee hee. Yup, we ARE in this together should all go as planned tomorrow morning when I go in for my scan.

BabyW-what is a molar? Moni's numbers are really high too, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

kfs1-I hope you were able to get to your appointment ok this afternoon. I guess they may not have your results until the morning though. I can't wait another day!! Amy, I guess the same goes for you. One more day!! One more day!! hee hee

A molar pregnancy is not a viable pregnancy. Hcg levels are very high as one symptom. You can have a partial or a complete molar. The odds are one in 1000 I think. Odds increase with age, of course.

I had my ultrasound. There was a sac/yolk sac and my RE seemed pleased. :) Haven't heard beta results yet though.

I agree with babyw - so much excitement coming up in the next few weeks for Terri, Erin, and Beagle! :)

I am thawing all four and having all four tested. I'm not confused about that part. If we have two good ones, then those will be transferred, and the two non-viables embies won't be re-frozen. If we were to have more than two that are viable, then they will still put in 2, and just re-freeze the extra good one(s). So I have that part down pat! Ha! Its the part about what happens if they aren't expanded in time, that I may be confused about. I'm not sure about the 40-minute thing. Thats probably right if you heard that. But they weren't saying they needed to be thawed by noon... they were saying they needed to be thawed AND expanded by noon, in order to get a biopsy from embies that were frozen. Does the expanding part continue after they've been thawed maybe...? They're already blasts, so I have NO idea what expanded really means. I just assumed it meant completely thawed. Yea, I'll give my clinic a call tomorrow, ha! I thought I understood when I left there, but honestly, a lot happened today, and I was feeling overwhelmed. How funny that we have same day transfers, this is awesome! And then beagle will be right behind us. :)

BabyW, thanks for the encouraging words. I know you're right... no reason to worry... they know what they are doing. Its just a backup plan, but for some reason, it got me thinking, ugh, what if that does happen!? LOL. I guess that's normal.

kfs, I'm SO happy your RE was happy about your u/s! I know you've been worrying a bit, so this just made me very pleased. Let us know when you get your hcg results.:thumbup:

Hey guys...I am so excited for us as well...I feel like we will be celebrating at Christmas.

Erin - that all sounds confusing...hope you get things clear tomorrow. I have paperwork from the biopsy folks & have to read that & fill it out. I have been putting it off. Will have it done tomorrow since my husband is off & can go over it with me.

So the nurse called me today...it is a little annoying. I was thinking of calling Friday to get my blood results but I knew it was a short day for them & figured I would get a call if any issues with my blood work. So anyways she calls to confirm my blood work was fine & I am good to go for meds tonight. I told her I was counting down the hours. Then she said something...can't remember...but basically like I know no one likes doing all the meds. But I said no really, I am very excited. She was like oh I thought you were being sarcastic. She was very nice...I guess she doesn't hear people say that often. So anyways I was on a webinar & couldn't take the call outside. So my banker says when I hang up (my personal cell phone!) what are we excited about. I was so pissed. I just said I am excited about that phone call & moved on. What a douche. I never pry in their life & I am fairly private. I think he is mad I am not so cheerful & up his ass anymore. Not that I was really up his ass...but I did try to keep him happy all the time. Now I just don't care as long as I am doing my job.

So I have my meds out & one more hour to go. I need to get my instructions so I don't screw up. If you guys don't remember, I am mixing the follistim with the menopur...so only 1 shot. But I won't be injecting with the pen & some extra steps I am not used to.

One other thing...I started spotting Friday...& weird heavy spotting Saturday. Yesterday it was more of a heavy flow...like day 3 of my period. But I was cramping like it was day 1...& today I am feeling icky. I will be glad when the bleeding stops...but all this will be replaced with a different type of discomfort.

I had my ultrasound. There was a sac/yolk sac and my RE seemed pleased. :) Haven't heard beta results yet though.

I agree with babyw - so much excitement coming up in the next few weeks for Terri, Erin, and Beagle! :)

Yes!!! Take that Dr Doomsday. So happy all is as it should be. You must be relieved. Were you abLe to see anything other than the sac? When is the next appt? Did they do another beta?

Nausea kicking in. Don't want dinner really and moving around makes me feel a little motion sick.

My lining isn't thick enough so I have to take Estrace vaginally 3x a day and so my transfer date will be delayed. Grrr.

Terri - Noooooo. That really blows!!! By how long will it be delayed?

Babyw - Just saw the sac and yolk sac. What about you? She did take blood but since it was late in the day, I haven't heard the results yet. Next appt. is next Monday.

Erin - I'd be totally confused, too! Hopefully they can give you a more detailed explanation today.

Beagle - How'd it go?

Terri - I am sorry for the delay...hopefully it won't be long...but I know any delay seems like a life time right about now.

Meds were fine. My husband came home early so he helped. The good thing is my office has a youtube video for exactly what I was doing. So we would do each step, pause the video, then keep going. And it was not bad at all. But I have taken follistim before & the needle I was using was the same size which is really great. But I am still feeling really bloated & full of gas. Hoping that dies down some. I know the bloated will start to get worse soon, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->