First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Morning ladies!

kfs - Glad the blizzard hasn't been as bad for you as they predicted. :flower: Looks like Boston and Maine are taking the brunt of it. I completely understand you on the dog situation. We still have our smaller dog at home but I'm already perusing Petfinder looking for a new running buddy. Hooray for working from home!!!

Beagle - I think your husband is probably being a little too cautious but I'm sure it comes from a good place. My guess is that he's just nervous and doesn't want you to do anything that you might question if for some reason this transfer isn't successful (But it's going to be successful!!!). Anyway, I'm sure I think a compromise is in order here. Maybe you don't go ice skating but find something else to do that isn't as strenuous as the cabins?? Can you board your dogs for the weekend? Sorry - I'm probably not much help here. I still plan on doing my normal activities after transfer (as long as I keep my heart rate reasonable). Maybe I'm stupid, I don't know.........:shrug:

Moni - I hope the storm has treated you well and you missed the worst of it!! :thumbup:

I put a countdown clock on my computer yesterday for my transfer. 27 days and 1 hour to go!! My nurse called yesterday afternoon to tell me my bloodwork looked perfect and that I'm nice and suppressed. :happydance:

Woo hooooo!! Congrats Booger!!

knitgirl - Wahoo on that awesome beta number!!! Can't wait to see what your scan reveals!

knitgirl-Great numbers. congrats!

beagle-I say no to the ice skating as well. Walking up and down the hill is probably ok, but I wouldn't risk falling or doing too much, even if you are a slow skater. Someone else may be out of control and knock you down. You never know, and why risk it. I can't remember my FET schedule exactly, but I do know that I didn't have to go in as often.

kfs1/moni-I heard that there isn't much snow in NY. Well, Long Island supposedly has more, but the weather people make everything so dramatic. What a letdown. I have had to work yesterday and today and that was not in my plans at all. Oh well..more vacation in the summer, I suppose.

booger-Glad everything is looking good and you are suppressed. Yeah!

Amy-I'm getting excited for you again too.

:wave: to everyone else.

I didn't even realize a storm was coming. I am trying to look it up now. I think it is all north of me. Which is just fine. Last year we had snow which messed up one of my IUIs...my first one. So I want the snow to stay away. I am getting a transfer on Thursday even if I have to sleep in their office Wednesday night!

Lady - 4 is great. I know it is so devastating watching the numbers fall.

So the past 2 nights I have woken up & had to pee...a lot...like 3 times. Which is so weird. Usually I wake up once & go then go back to sleep. Sometimes I even go back to sleep without getting up. But these are bad like I have to get up fast & go. Weird. Wonder if it is the steroids. But I don't feel like that any other time & I don't drink a lot before bed.

QUESTION for the FET ladies...how often were you checked by the dr? I had my scan and E & P blood work Friday. I started my P afterwards, now I just wait & go in Thurs. But it seems like a long time not to be checked up on. Just wondering if that is normal.

And yes...my transfer is Thursday...I cannot wait! My husband's walk thru is Wed. The market manager talked with his current market manager & basically said it was him & another guy getting the stores unless they F-up the walk thru. No chance of that! My husband is set & awesome! I am so excited. But one down side...he has to spend like a month training...at least 2 weeks is in Arkansas. I can't remember if it is consecutive. I just hate he will miss out on some dr visits.

I am so dang excited for your transfer!!!

Amy I'm happy it went well, you must be so happy you can get back into the swing of things!!! Very excited for you.

How's everyone on the East coast doing? I think we got 12-15 hard to tell with drifts and it's still snowing. Definitely not the 2-3ft they were calling for, but happy with that. I'm working from home, getting 2 trades done so far which I am so stoked about b/c today is the last trading day of the month. Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!

Wow, knitgirl!!!! I am soo excited for you!!!! How would you feel about twins??

Twins would be very exciting and mildly terrifying! Haha

What was your doubling time? You can put in the info at countdowntopregnancy.com and get the hours it took. How many days in between each beta? Either way, singleton or twins, it's a great number!! Congrats!

Great number!

I think we ended up with less than a foot of snow. But enjoying working from home.

Wow, knitgirl!!!! I am soo excited for you!!!! How would you feel about twins??

Twins would be very exciting and mildly terrifying! Haha

What was your doubling time? You can put in the info at countdowntopregnancy.com and get the hours it took. How many days in between each beta? Either way, singleton or twins, it's a great number!! Congrats!

First beta was on 1/22 and second on 1/26. Says my doubling time is 37.96 hours. Thanks for the link!

Even if I think it is okay to do these things...I would refrain just because it makes him uneasy. I would never do anything that would make him nervous or make him think I am jeopardizing our transfer...even if I think it is safe. But it is funny he is so nervous. Makes me see in to the future a little. Hopefully he will calm down as time goes on.

It is nice to know a few of you are on my side. :) But I see the other view as well.

Booger76 - I don't know how I missed it yesterday but YAY for stopping your BCP and having your baseline appointment!! So excited that it's finally here after having a little bit of a bumpy start!!

Knitgirl - Statistically someone on this thread should have had twins by now LOL!! I don't know how you're going to wait over 2 weeks to find out. I hate the waiting lol.

Beaglemom - I have to agree with your husband. I definitely wouldn't take any chances. After everything you've been through and all the expense why take the risk even if it is a tiny risk. You don't necessarily have to sit at home and do nothing, but definitely take it easy. I agree with who ever said you should compromise. That sounds fair :)

Booger76 - I don't know how I missed it yesterday but YAY for stopping your BCP and having your baseline appointment!! So excited that it's finally here after having a little bit of a bumpy start!!

Knitgirl - Statistically someone on this thread should have had twins by now LOL!! I don't know how you're going to wait over 2 weeks to find out. I hate the waiting lol.

Beaglemom - I have to agree with your husband. I definitely wouldn't take any chances. After everything you've been through and all the expense why take the risk even if it is a tiny risk. You don't necessarily have to sit at home and do nothing, but definitely take it easy. I agree with who ever said you should compromise. That sounds fair :)

I know! I was so bummed when they said I had to wait until 7 weeks!

Booger 27 days!!!! Wow that is coming up fast!! And no more bcp, cross that off the list! I am sensing some good news on this thread in Feb/March!

Yay for no more BCPs!!! So exciting!
Great numbers Knitgirl!
Hi everyone! Hope everyone on the est coast is doing well! My family in Long Island got 3 feet! The pictures on Facebook look awesome! Looks like a lot of fun. It sprinkled in arizona last night...and that was it! I like it here...until it's 120 degrees and I'm fat and swollen in May! Lol!

Beagle: I’m late to the game here after a busy work day… I’d say I wouldn’t go skating but your weekend in the mountains sounds lovely. It is sweet how you’re husband is so concerned though. I know it must be a tad frustrating. One more day! What time is your transfer scheduled for?

KFS: Tonight was my first P shot. OK. It definitely hurts the most going in - the needle is the biggest by far - but it wasn’t too bad.

Knit: I totally think it is twins! How exciting! It stinks you have to wait so long to find out for sure.

Booger: Likely by the time you read this it will be Wednesday and 26 days, wahoo!!!

We were supposed to get 8-16 and we got hardly any.

Good luck today beagle! Let us know how it went and when you're are home, drinking hot tea and resting easily.

BTW, I am really loving my decaf teas. hee hee. I'm still drinking a cup of coffee in the morning, but my afternoon drink of choice is decaf tea. I have several different types. The Celestial Seasonings have really good flavor. The chai is ok, but I wish it was a little more spicy, as in a stronger flavor of spices. I'm still drinking it though. hee hee.

I saw Annie at the theater last night. What a cute play and the girls that were in the orphanage had such good voices and were so cute. There were tons of young girls at the show, and they were in awe pretty much the whole time. They even had a do, Sandy, in the show. It looked a little thin, but he/she sure knew her cues. Today, I'm a little tired.

Good luck today beagle! Let us know how it went and when you're are home, drinking hot tea and resting easily.

BTW, I am really loving my decaf teas. hee hee. I'm still drinking a cup of coffee in the morning, but my afternoon drink of choice is decaf tea. I have several different types. The Celestial Seasonings have really good flavor. The chai is ok, but I wish it was a little more spicy, as in a stronger flavor of spices. I'm still drinking it though. hee hee.

I saw Annie at the theater last night. What a cute play and the girls that were in the orphanage had such good voices and were so cute. There were tons of young girls at the show, and they were in awe pretty much the whole time. They even had a do, Sandy, in the show. It looked a little thin, but he/she sure knew her cues. Today, I'm a little tired.

Thanks, Terri...but my transfer is tomorrow...my husband is doing his walk through today!!!

So the night before my retrieval my husband & I went to a new place. I got Chicken cordon blue, mac & cheese, & mashed potatoes. I like chicken, but I usualy order beef when I go out. We went there to get stuffed since I couldn't eat after midnight. That was Dec...we have not gone there since. ALL WEEK I have been craving that chicken! So guess what we are doing tonight ;)

jkb and Knit, I need to move you two to the Success section on the front page! Can you remind me how many dpt you were when you got your BFP? And you both used HPTs to start, right?

beagle, how exciting that tomorrow is the day!!! Have you decided how quickly you're planning on testing?

Hi to everyone! Been jumping on long enough to read updates everyday, but haven't been posting. Good news though.. the rest of my thyroid panel came back ok, so my primary doc feels like its going to resolve itself after first-tri. Interestingly, today is a pretty good day... I actually feel human and can think clearly. When I say that's progress, I really mean it. So I'm hoping its starting to level out already even though I'll only be 10 weeks as of tomorrow. I did have one more scan with my RE last Fri, and I couldn't believe how different it was after only two weeks! He's actually shaped more like a baby now, and he was moving ALL over! It was crazy for DH and I to watch! :) First prenatal appt with OB this afternoon, and will also discuss thyroid stuff, but its all looking ok.

HA!!HA!! Beagle-I just realized that today is Wednesday. Oops. I knew your transfer was Thursday, I just jumped ahead a day. #excited. hee hee. Hope the walk through goes well for your husband.

ERose-Glad today is a good one, and yes, your baby does look like a baby now. Yeah!

Erin - that is exciting! Glad you are feeling better.

We plan to start on Monday which would be 4 days past...but I am a bit nervous. So we will see how we feel. An early negative never bothered me before. But we shall see. I may wait until 6 days.

Erin - I'm so glad you are starting to feel better!!!

Terri - I would LOVE to see Annie. It was my favorite movie growing up. I can't wait to see the new remake coming out too :)

Beaglemom - Good luck to your husband today!! And YAY for tomorrow!! So excited for you. Enjoy your dinner tonight :)

AFM - I got my schedule. I stop my BCP on Friday, I have my baseline appointment on Monday, start my Estrace on Tuesday, and my transfer is scheduled for Feb. 24th WHOO HOO!!! I think Booger and I will only be a day or two apart right?? Getting your schedule is the best feeling LOL :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->