First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Booger - Yay for the transfer and great embie pic!!!

Amy - thinking of you today!

My headaches got less infrequent as time goes on and they are less than once a week now. Not eating when hungry and not getting enough sleep seem to be my triggers.

I had flown southwest so that I could check 2 bags for free and brought a huge empty suitcase so I was able to bring most of the stuff home with me. My brother in law works for fedex so he will be shipping a couple of the bigger items to me. Plus I had registered at amazon and so those "smart" relatives had things shipped directly to me.

Amy: Hope everything went awesome today!! You’re PUPO.

Moni: The beautiful weather sounds awesome. So glad you’re shower went so well. That’s lovely your friends and family traveled near and far for you. Thank god for Amazon shipping. And yay for folks seeing you’re pregnant and giving up their seat.

Brighteyez: You’re almost there.

BabyW: I’d love to hear your suggestions. I feel like I have so much free time lately with all of the snow and limited exercise I’ve been doing lots of gear research. I want the least amount of stuff possible because our house is a city row home with limited storage. And I want stuff that is gender neutral and doesn’t scream baby if possible. With the 500 extra calories a day is that based on a 2,000 calorie diet? Or just 500 calories on top of what you normally eat? That’s a great life hack.

Mrs W: Good luck with the trigger and your retrieval. How exciting. FX for lots of mature eggs. I ended up with about 5-6 more mature eggs than they expected even though I had to stop my meds early due to OHSS concerns. Hope you get lots of mature eggs.

Erin: Glad to hear you’re feeling pretty good! Headaches suck. I got a lot of hormonal headaches when stimming so I’m curious to see if they come back as my hormone levels get higher. A three-day weekend, alone by the pool sounds divine. I’m reading a really good book "The Girl on the Train” right know, although the main protagonist is the most self destructive character ever and I’m ready to kill her.

Terri: I feel like that’s always the way with the IVF estimates. They give you the highest cost possible so you feel like man! I’m getting a great deal! They told me my anasthesia would be $100 more than it was and I felt like I got a damn good bargain. Haha. It sounds like if you have the patience the batch is the way to go, so you can draw some hard conclusions.
Is the blood test the genetic screen for things like Tay Sachs, MDA etc? Or are they able to test for something else?

Sorry to hear about your aunt but 90 is a long time to live a full life.

KFS: Aww!! Sucking it’s thumb on the U/S. That’s so awesome. Our nursery is our third spare bedroom and it is so small (7 by 9). We can fit a twin bed in there and a little furniture. I mapped out we can just barely fit the crib, dresser and a chair/glider. I want to keep our guest room for friends and family that visit.

JCM: Boy you are having such a rough go lady! Hope you don’t see more fraudulent things popping up. DH’s card recently had $250 to a florist in California charged so they closed the account. The pin and chip technology is great. I have it on several of my cards, including the one I use primarily. They are great for overseas travel, you can buy train tickets from kiosks etc.

Booger: So glad everything went well! But booooo to the doctor showing the gender. That stinks. Did you tell DH? Are you disappointed? I guess that takes away your fear of breaking down and finding it. Wow, I just looked at your embie. It was ready to move! Did you have assisted hatching or was it just that eager? I bet it’s getting snuggled in now.

LadySosa: Glad your trip was a fabulous relaxing time. Good luck with the interview! It’s the best when you get reunited with your pup after a trip.

Phew, I think that's everyone!

I'm still feeling really normal and not very pregnant. My boobs are huge. Like up at least a cup size and I'm already a DD. I'm going to have to buy some new bras soon, which I find a bit scary. How large will they go? I'm not overly tired and I haven't felt nauseous yet. Just occasionally dizzy if I stand up fast and car sick if I try to look at my phone as a passenger in the car. My next U/S is Tuesday March 3 and I've got my appointments scheduled with my OB as well. I have my nurse consult March 13 and the first U/S there 3/16. Little annoyed because my nurse called to say my RE prefer I wait until week 8 to start running again because I still have bilateral cysts left from the stimulation. I'd already started running once a week and I ran Sunday and Monday because they had said after the 6-week U/S I could start again.

Amy: Hope everything went awesome today!! You’re PUPO.

Moni: The beautiful weather sounds awesome. So glad you’re shower went so well. That’s lovely your friends and family traveled near and far for you. Thank god for Amazon shipping. And yay for folks seeing you’re pregnant and giving up their seat.

Brighteyez: You’re almost there.

BabyW: I’d love to hear your suggestions. I feel like I have so much free time lately with all of the snow and limited exercise I’ve been doing lots of gear research. I want the least amount of stuff possible because our house is a city row home with limited storage. And I want stuff that is gender neutral and doesn’t scream baby if possible. With the 500 extra calories a day is that based on a 2,000 calorie diet? Or just 500 calories on top of what you normally eat? That’s a great life hack.

Mrs W: Good luck with the trigger and your retrieval. How exciting. FX for lots of mature eggs. I ended up with about 5-6 more mature eggs than they expected even though I had to stop my meds early due to OHSS concerns. Hope you get lots of mature eggs.

Erin: Glad to hear you’re feeling pretty good! Headaches suck. I got a lot of hormonal headaches when stimming so I’m curious to see if they come back as my hormone levels get higher. A three-day weekend, alone by the pool sounds divine. I’m reading a really good book "The Girl on the Train” right know, although the main protagonist is the most self destructive character ever and I’m ready to kill her.

Terri: I feel like that’s always the way with the IVF estimates. They give you the highest cost possible so you feel like man! I’m getting a great deal! They told me my anasthesia would be $100 more than it was and I felt like I got a damn good bargain. Haha. It sounds like if you have the patience the batch is the way to go, so you can draw some hard conclusions.
Is the blood test the genetic screen for things like Tay Sachs, MDA etc? Or are they able to test for something else?

Sorry to hear about your aunt but 90 is a long time to live a full life.

KFS: Aww!! Sucking it’s thumb on the U/S. That’s so awesome. Our nursery is our third spare bedroom and it is so small (7 by 9). We can fit a twin bed in there and a little furniture. I mapped out we can just barely fit the crib, dresser and a chair/glider. I want to keep our guest room for friends and family that visit.

JCM: Boy you are having such a rough go lady! Hope you don’t see more fraudulent things popping up. DH’s card recently had $250 to a florist in California charged so they closed the account. The pin and chip technology is great. I have it on several of my cards, including the one I use primarily. They are great for overseas travel, you can buy train tickets from kiosks etc.

Booger: So glad everything went well! But booooo to the doctor showing the gender. That stinks. Did you tell DH? Are you disappointed? I guess that takes away your fear of breaking down and finding it. Wow, I just looked at your embie. It was ready to move! Did you have assisted hatching or was it just that eager? I bet it’s getting snuggled in now.

LadySosa: Glad your trip was a fabulous relaxing time. Good luck with the interview! It’s the best when you get reunited with your pup after a trip.

Phew, I think that's everyone!

I'm still feeling really normal and not very pregnant. My boobs are huge. Like up at least a cup size and I'm already a DD. I'm going to have to buy some new bras soon, which I find a bit scary. How large will they go? I'm not overly tired and I haven't felt nauseous yet. Just occasionally dizzy if I stand up fast and car sick if I try to look at my phone as a passenger in the car. My next U/S is Tuesday March 3 and I've got my appointments scheduled with my OB as well. I have my nurse consult March 13 and the first U/S there 3/16. Little annoyed because my nurse called to say my RE prefer I wait until week 8 to start running again because I still have bilateral cysts left from the stimulation. I'd already started running once a week and I ran Sunday and Monday because they had said after the 6-week U/S I could start again.

We used the Baby Einstein Neptune Exersaucer from 4/5mos on and freed us up to do things while Jack explored the mirror, piano, and pulled strings to make noises...he would squeak at himself in the mirror and smile. It helped strengthen his back and legs too.

Graco Jump n Jive doorway jumper/swing...Jack loved this thing and it got his legs strong. I would cook dinner and he'd swing so he could see me. Hilarious videos of him in that.

Swaddle Me velcro swaddles...basically a baby straight jacket that's easier to use than a blanket and harder to break free from.

Sheet savers for crib sheet...need a crib that has slats on front and back sides, not a solid back as the ties need to be tied to slats/poles.

Life Guardian humidifier

Sound machine with white noise setting

Gowns with elastic bottom for first 2mos as you change diapers 10x/day

Dutalier glider with ottoman for nursing and rocking with microfiber fabric that's easy to clean

Temporal thermometer that you can use by hovering over baby's temples, doesn't wake them while they sleep.

Love the born free bottles

Gripe water to help them with constipation if you use formula, iron is very binding

IMHO Pampers swaddlers are the best, never a leak. Used Luvs and Huggies once and would never go back.

Order formula, wipes from Costco, larger and cheaper sizes

Used Amazon Prime for monthly subscription for diaper delivery, save 20%

Fischer Price Rain Forest bouncy seat

Never needed a true swing since Jack was a great sleeper but have one in the attic unopened

Bath tub seat for when they can sit up, got it on Amazon.
Bath time stool to sit on while giving them a bath, kneeling is for the birds

Mustela bath products for shampoo, Aveeno sensitive skin creamy body wash since Jack has very sensitive skin

There is also a pajama company that makes footies with magnetic buttons, easy off/on for pediatrician appts

Will add more as I think of them.

Terri - Sorry to hear about your Aunt!!!

So, I was a little disappointed that I found out the gender right away but it's still exciting! I did tell DH. I am horrible with keeping information from him so it was like the first thing out of my mouth when I got home.

We did have assisted hatching. At least we paid for it, so I'm assuming we had it......

I hope it's burrowed/burrowing in as well!!!! So my nurse made no sense yesterday when we talked about exercise. She says "No aerobic activity" and then goes on to say "but you can walk or get on the ellipitical and work out as long as you keep your heart rate below 140". I didn't ask because I just assumed "no running". I hate the elliptical so I guess the dog is going to get lots of walks in this week!!! I do want to make sure I keep my blood pumping and circulating well. She also said "no caffeine" and when I moaned she said, "well, one 8 oz cup of coffee in the morning is okay". Thank God because I didn't even think about trying to wean myself off of my morning coffee. It's about the only thing worth getting out of bed for in the morning.

We'll see what changes if I get a positive out of this. I'm going to need some form of exercise besides walking.

Hi all... just checking in :) Thanks for all the well wishes. It warms my heart having such support!!! :hugs:

Everything went well this morning. The only down side is that I had 3 embryos thawed (which is what I had left) and one didn't survive :( So I had 2 good quality blasts transferred. Not that I was going to transfer 3 but you know, it's sad losing one. They said they didn't need to do the assisted hatching because they were hatching on their own. They didn't look like they were hatching to me, one especially, but I'm not the expert lol.

DH and I took separate cars since he works in and around LA and he could just go straight from the RE without going all the way back home to drop me off. So everything is all dandy, I'm starting on my way home, so happy to be PUPO again. I'm about 10 minutes into my drive and I have to switch freeways so I get over and get on the interchange. As I get on I start to slow down since it's fewer lanes and curves as it merges into the other freeway. Well apparently this pissed the guy behind me off so he zooms around me and pulls up next to me and continues to drive, honk and flip me off. GRRRRR. I didn't cut him off or anything, just slowed down to be safe. I had to take like 5 deep breaths and then just decided to wave at him. When you know what I really wanted to do lol. So he just sped off. But it literally took me like 20 minutes to get back into my zen mood lol. Way to ruin my morning buddy. LA is well known for having the worst traffic in the country but I swear it has all the worst a-holes too. It made me think though, you never know what someone is going through. Would he still have behaved that way if he knew that I was just a fertility challenged woman leaving my Dr.'s office carrying what I hope to be my future child/children LOL!

Booger - I'm glad things went well for you too. I had the same exact problem as well. They were running a little behind so my bladder was about to explode. He let me go to the bathroom and he said pee for 5 seconds then stop lol. So that's what I did. When we did the transfer, he was like wow it's doesn't look like you went at all. You must be really uncomfortable. Ya think??
I'm sorry your Dr. ruined your surprise. Especially since you wanted to wait to find out. But now that you know, are you gonna tell us? :haha: LOL
When is your test date? Mine is March 9th. That seems so far away.

Attachments

• IMG_2435.jpg
    IMG_2435.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 7
It seems your doctor is big on the 140 heart rate. How come? I haven't heard of it. I think it makes sense to lay low a few days after the transfer, sticking to walking, but after you should be able to run.
Overall, running is totally safe during pregnancy as long as you were a runner beforehand. It's not advisable to start running for the first time when you find out.

I googled the 140 heart rate because I was curious and found this article FWIW: "When it comes to getting exercise, even your physician may have advised you to keep your heart rate at or below 140 -- but the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) abolished this edict years ago. "There isn't a hard-and-fast rule for heart rate anymore because it's not always a good indicator of how hard you're working," says Annette Lang, a New York City fitness expert specializing in pre- and postnatal training.
If you're very fit, you may find that getting your heart rate above 140 isn't particularly taxing -- but if you're an exercise newbie, that number might be far too high. The bottom line, according to Lang: Pregnant women should work out at a moderate level. How to know when you're there? Use the talk test as a measure of exertion; you should be slightly breathless but still able to carry on a conversation, says Jon Snyder, M.D., associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the New York University School of Medicine. If you're panting, slow things down, and if you're able to chat easily, ramp your effort up. As long as you feel okay, it's probably safe to continue with the activities you were doing prior to pregnancy, including running and spinning, says Lang. You might just need to take the intensity down a notch as you get bigger."

Hope the week flies by for you.

Haha Amy! My whole bladder situation was the same. He said go empty for 5 seconds and come back. I did and DH was in the room and saw my bladder on the monitor and said did you even go??? Haha I was so uncomfortable.
Did anyone else get a Valium for transfer? I'm starting to feel like my dr gave it to me because I'm a crazy person. Lol!
Booger, I have to keep mine below 120. You'll be allowed to exercise soon. Take this little break! I like my elliptical. I'm doing 90 minutes every other day as long as I'm not feeling too sick or dizzy.
SARS, good luck with your boobs! I went from B to D so far and they are still going. These things are out of control! But so far no changes other than size of my actual boobs.

Ladies, I will say one positive...no stretch marks or lines if hair down my stomach so I'll take that victory! Also, I had sex last week and everything immediately got swollen down there! Lol not like I can see but wow was I sore. I also had some light spotting the next morning. Totally normal apparently but freaked me out! So I'm staying away from sex. Poor poor DH!

Hi all... just checking in :) Thanks for all the well wishes. It warms my heart having such support!!! :hugs:

Everything went well this morning. The only down side is that I had 3 embryos thawed (which is what I had left) and one didn't survive :( So I had 2 good quality blasts transferred. Not that I was going to transfer 3 but you know, it's sad losing one. They said they didn't need to do the assisted hatching because they were hatching on their own. They didn't look like they were hatching to me, one especially, but I'm not the expert lol.

DH and I took separate cars since he works in and around LA and he could just go straight from the RE without going all the way back home to drop me off. So everything is all dandy, I'm starting on my way home, so happy to be PUPO again. I'm about 10 minutes into my drive and I have to switch freeways so I get over and get on the interchange. As I get on I start to slow down since it's fewer lanes and curves as it merges into the other freeway. Well apparently this pissed the guy behind me off so he zooms around me and pulls up next to me and continues to drive, honk and flip me off. GRRRRR. I didn't cut him off or anything, just slowed down to be safe. I had to take like 5 deep breaths and then just decided to wave at him. When you know what I really wanted to do lol. So he just sped off. But it literally took me like 20 minutes to get back into my zen mood lol. Way to ruin my morning buddy. LA is well known for having the worst traffic in the country but I swear it has all the worst a-holes too. It made me think though, you never know what someone is going through. Would he still have behaved that way if he knew that I was just a fertility challenged woman leaving my Dr.'s office carrying what I hope to be my future child/children LOL!

Booger - I'm glad things went well for you too. I had the same exact problem as well. They were running a little behind so my bladder was about to explode. He let me go to the bathroom and he said pee for 5 seconds then stop lol. So that's what I did. When we did the transfer, he was like wow it's doesn't look like you went at all. You must be really uncomfortable. Ya think??
I'm sorry your Dr. ruined your surprise. Especially since you wanted to wait to find out. But now that you know, are you gonna tell us? :haha: LOL
When is your test date? Mine is March 9th. That seems so far away.

Phew Amy! That's stressful but glad it all went well and you've got two good looking embies. :happy dance: Sorry about losing the one that stinks.

I feel relieved I didn't have to have a full bladder for mine. Although, I thought I did b/c everyone seems to and I was about ready to burst when I got there. I was so relieved when I got to go.

yay Amy!!

Yeah - sex for me has not been the best. I am dry and super sensitive and swell after. We have started using a lubricant which helps with the dryness. And now, most positions push on the baby which is uncomfortable. Everyone talks about the increased libido - I thought I was weird that I am actually dryer...but I did some research and found it is not unusual. I had I think 2 great weeks where everything was amazing in the early 2nd tri - wish I had known it was going to go away!!

I've been waiting for my libido!! Haha! It's all just so uncomfortable...like I have too many "no don't do that" rules!

I can't shake the nervous feeling I have about sex right now. I know it is safe but I just have this paranoia. Maybe after the u/s Friday I will feel better.

Good morning, ladies! :coffee:

Beagle - Just do what you feel comfortable doing! I think that's probably a pretty normal things to worry about. I can't wait to hear about your scan on Friday. This is your first one, right?

Amy - Wahoo on your smooth transfer! I'm sorry that you lost one of your embryos. It's pretty amazing how attached we get to them! You transferred two nice looking blasts though! Maybe you'll be our second set of twin on here. :haha: My nurses marked a cup after they checked my bladder and told me to fill it to the line - when I got back in the room and they re-checked, they were like "OH, maybe we were a bit aggressive. Oops" But you could see on the US screen my bladder still filling up so it didn't take long for things to be where they wanted. My beta is a week from today!!! March 4. Seems like they are making you wait a bit longer - too cruel!

JCM - That's awesome about the no stretch marks. I am sure to have them as I already have some from where I gained a bunch of weight in college and then lost it a few years later. No bueno. Oh well!!

Moni - Too funny about your "two good weeks" comment. Sorry things aren't the greatest right now in that department!

sars - I looked at that very same information because the 140 number seemed very arbitrary to me. Then I started looking for scientific journal articles on the issue. Everything I came across (I only looked for research from the year 2000 to present) said that exercise is good but that if you haven't been exercising regularly before you got pregnant, take it easy and if you are already an exerciser, just don't tax yourself to the point of utter exhaustion (think, racing for your PR or something like that). So, I definitely plan to kick things up a notch after I get the all clear. I won't have to go back to my RE if this transfer works. I'll be going to my regular OB/GYN for an early scan, so I'll see what she says. I'm sure my RE is just being cautious since things seem so fragile right now. It's just frustrating because exercise is my stress relief and more than anything, I don't want to be stressed right now!!! Walking, walking, walking it is!

babywhisperer - Thanks for that list! I'll have to remember it's on here if things work out!!!

prayingforno1 - Congrats on your weight loss!!! That's great!! :happydance: Any distraction is a good thing.

LadySosa - Glad your trip went well! And good luck on Thursday! Don't you just love getting your dog back after you've been away? I always love picking ours up - tails wagging and tongues hanging out because they are so happy to see you. :flower:

Erin - Oooooh, alone time!! I hear ya. My DH will be heading out for a little over week next week. I can't wait! :haha: Well, I say I can't wait. As long as beta goes well, it will be good to have some alone time.

kfs - Your next scan is just a week away now! How cool that you are starting to feel twinges and such. That must be one of the most amazing feelings. :flower:

Hello to everyone!!! :flower:

Nothing new going on here. I mentioned in my comment to Erin that DH is going out of town next week. He is going on some long backcountry skiing tour in Canada for a week. They ski from hut to hut in Banff National Park. I'm so glad he is going. 1. For the alone time. 2. Because he's never done anything like this and it sounds amazing (I'm a little green with envy). He's going with a group of guys who have experience with this type of travel so he should be okay. I just really hope that my beta is positive next Wednesday. I mean, I hope it's positive for a number of reasons but it will be a bit sad to send him off the next morning if it's not.

Morning girls:) wow lotssss of catching up!

Booger!! Can't believe the dr wasn't more careful with the cover up!!! I'm saying team blue for you;) your hubbys trip sounds amazing! You will get your positive and be able to chill and let little one get all snuggled in there.

Erin- I'm with you girl. I miss hubby when he's gone but I enjoy a couple days to myself and having to just revolve my schedule around what I want. Glad your feeling better.

Amy- sorry you lost a embryo. The two that were transfered are beautiful. Twins!!! Would be awesome. The whole drive home story.... I've been there. You never know what the person beside you could be going thru. Sorry the guy was such a jerk! People can be crazy.

Lady Sosa- happy to hear you had a great trip! You're next chica!!

Beagle- I have avoided sex since my transfer:( I told my hubby after 24 weeks when the baby would be viable then we can do it. He said he doesn't want to chance it. But then followed it with "I miss it" . I feel like such a bad wife but seriously after we had sex with every one of my m/c it would start the next day. I know it's just me being over cautious but, I don't want to take any chance. I'm sure my progesterone just wasn't enouh to support the other pregnancys.

Moni- happy you had a great shower! Can't wait to see pics of nurseries being completed on here:) amazing how you had family and friends come from all over!

My first appt with ob was suppose to be tomorrow but they are calling for snow all night here and since in NC if there is a single flurry they shut everything down I called and changed it to today at 3:15. I'm hoping the dr will at least use the Doppler for fetal heart tones since I had the abdominal pain over the weekend. We have one at my work for orthopedic injuries and such but someone swiped it last week! I may still be too early for the Doppler tho. Usually it's between 8-12 weeks.

Praying - I so wish I had lost weight before IVF. My bump pics look just gross to me right now. But I want the record of how I looked, so oh well. Plus I feel like I am limited more to how much I can gain.

Amy - congrats on the transfer...sorry about the other embryo. But I bet you have 2 great ones & maybe twins!

Booger - sorry about the gender reveal. Seems to suck a little more because you couldn't experience that moment with your husband.

During my transfer, I did not have enough fluid, so I had to drink more. I am glad it was not reversed. I have no idea how I would have released only a little on my bladder.

We had a full snow day at work yesterday...so weird because no one expected it. We were all expecting light snow yesterday evening...but instead it all started Monday evening. It was nice being home all day with my husband. Back to work today. I am crossing my fingers for an early release. But the jury is still out & confused on what is next. My first scan is Fri & this weather seems to be making the days pass quicker. I just hope no interfering with my appt. If it seems bad, I will take the whole day off & head up super early. I am not missing this! I have waited too long!

Morning girls:) wow lotssss of catching up!

Booger!! Can't believe the dr wasn't more careful with the cover up!!! I'm saying team blue for you;) your hubbys trip sounds amazing! You will get your positive and be able to chill and let little one get all snuggled in there.

Erin- I'm with you girl. I miss hubby when he's gone but I enjoy a couple days to myself and having to just revolve my schedule around what I want. Glad your feeling better.

Amy- sorry you lost a embryo. The two that were transfered are beautiful. Twins!!! Would be awesome. The whole drive home story.... I've been there. You never know what the person beside you could be going thru. Sorry the guy was such a jerk! People can be crazy.

Lady Sosa- happy to hear you had a great trip! You're next chica!!

Beagle- I have avoided sex since my transfer:( I told my hubby after 24 weeks when the baby would be viable then we can do it. He said he doesn't want to chance it. But then followed it with "I miss it" . I feel like such a bad wife but seriously after we had sex with every one of my m/c it would start the next day. I know it's just me being over cautious but, I don't want to take any chance. I'm sure my progesterone just wasn't enouh to support the other pregnancys.

Moni- happy you had a great shower! Can't wait to see pics of nurseries being completed on here:) amazing how you had family and friends come from all over!

My first appt with ob was suppose to be tomorrow but they are calling for snow all night here and since in NC if there is a single flurry they shut everything down I called and changed it to today at 3:15. I'm hoping the dr will at least use the Doppler for fetal heart tones since I had the abdominal pain over the weekend. We have one at my work for orthopedic injuries and such but someone swiped it last week! I may still be too early for the Doppler tho. Usually it's between 8-12 weeks.

It makes sense to be cautious. I am lucky in this case because my husband has much lower drive than I do. But I keep having sex dreams, so I know my body wants it...but I just keep overthinking it. I have not talked to my husband about it. I don't want to put any negative thoughts in his head.

My dr (still the RE) never closes...or they try not to. So I am not going to worry about rescheduling right now. I am in Central NC closer to the eastern side. But I drive towards the center of the state in Raleigh...so hoping things aren't so bad.

Beagle - Just do what you feel comfortable doing! I think that's probably a pretty normal things to worry about. I can't wait to hear about your scan on Friday. This is your first one, right?

Amy - Wahoo on your smooth transfer! I'm sorry that you lost one of your embryos. It's pretty amazing how attached we get to them! You transferred two nice looking blasts though! Maybe you'll be our second set of twin on here. :haha: My nurses marked a cup after they checked my bladder and told me to fill it to the line - when I got back in the room and they re-checked, they were like "OH, maybe we were a bit aggressive. Oops" But you could see on the US screen my bladder still filling up so it didn't take long for things to be where they wanted. My beta is a week from today!!! March 4. Seems like they are making you wait a bit longer - too cruel!

JCM - That's awesome about the no stretch marks. I am sure to have them as I already have some from where I gained a bunch of weight in college and then lost it a few years later. No bueno. Oh well!!

Moni - Too funny about your "two good weeks" comment. Sorry things aren't the greatest right now in that department!

sars - I looked at that very same information because the 140 number seemed very arbitrary to me. Then I started looking for scientific journal articles on the issue. Everything I came across (I only looked for research from the year 2000 to present) said that exercise is good but that if you haven't been exercising regularly before you got pregnant, take it easy and if you are already an exerciser, just don't tax yourself to the point of utter exhaustion (think, racing for your PR or something like that). So, I definitely plan to kick things up a notch after I get the all clear. I won't have to go back to my RE if this transfer works. I'll be going to my regular OB/GYN for an early scan, so I'll see what she says. I'm sure my RE is just being cautious since things seem so fragile right now. It's just frustrating because exercise is my stress relief and more than anything, I don't want to be stressed right now!!! Walking, walking, walking it is!

babywhisperer - Thanks for that list! I'll have to remember it's on here if things work out!!!

prayingforno1 - Congrats on your weight loss!!! That's great!! :happydance: Any distraction is a good thing.

LadySosa - Glad your trip went well! And good luck on Thursday! Don't you just love getting your dog back after you've been away? I always love picking ours up - tails wagging and tongues hanging out because they are so happy to see you. :flower:

Erin - Oooooh, alone time!! I hear ya. My DH will be heading out for a little over week next week. I can't wait! :haha: Well, I say I can't wait. As long as beta goes well, it will be good to have some alone time.

kfs - Your next scan is just a week away now! How cool that you are starting to feel twinges and such. That must be one of the most amazing feelings. :flower:

Nothing new going on here. I mentioned in my comment to Erin that DH is going out of town next week. He is going on some long backcountry skiing tour in Canada for a week. They ski from hut to hut in Banff National Park. I'm so glad he is going. 1. For the alone time. 2. Because he's never done anything like this and it sounds amazing (I'm a little green with envy). He's going with a group of guys who have experience with this type of travel so he should be okay. I just really hope that my beta is positive next Wednesday. I mean, I hope it's positive for a number of reasons but it will be a bit sad to send him off the next morning if it's not.

Booger: that makes total sense. Thanks for the information. I went to an Ashtanga yoga class last night, which was a nice challenge. There is a prenatal class but I kind of feel like a fraud going there. I don't look pregnant in the least and I'm pretty thin. On the other hand, I know I should be skipping wheel and inversions in the regular class and I feel like a slacker doing that. It's great you've been having nice weather so you can walk. I'm sure your pup will appreciate it. Sounds like DH has an awesome adventure planned. I feel pretty good you'll be celebrating when you send him off. :happy dance:

JKB: Good luck on the appointment today! You have to do what makes you feel comfortable re: sex. You're not going to enjoy it if you've got that thought in the back of your head the whole time. There are other enjoyable things to try.

My RE actually told us no sex at my transfer due to the size of my ovaries. I've been feeling like it is probably OK now and interested in it but I forgot to ask at my scan.

I work from home and my coworker was in the area at the last minute. I told her she could work from here for a bit. I realized after she sat down at my dining room table with her laptop our U/S is plastered on the fridge. :dohh: I'm hoping she has the good grace to keep her mouth shut because I'm pretty sure she saw it.

We're good friends, she's just quite nosy and not the best at keeping secrets. And sometimes she puts her foot in her mouth. Like in August she said to me, so I guess you guys changed your minds about having a baby huh? And I said um, no. Then she was very apologetic and telling me about her sister's struggles and how she got pregnant on her first round of IVF. DH and I work together and he's much more private than I am about all of this. I've tried to respect his feelings and kept my mouth shut with my girlfriends from work.

Amy-Glad all went well yesterday. Sorry about the jerky driver near you. Hopefully you're back in your zen place by now.

Busy doing stuff...my cousin's funeral is now on Monday, so my sisters won't be able to fly in, but my dad is flying in. I thought that since the funeral was Monday I would still be able to go to NC this weekend, but now since my dad is flying in on Saturday, there's no way. I'm ok with it for real now. hee hee.

Fun went back to the SPCA on Monday afternoon. He was so happy to be back at the shelter. To me, that means they take good care of the dogs, and the dogs like being there and seeing all the workers. His checkup is today and I'm waiting to hear the results. He may have to go to swim therapy. I wonder if the foster moms can join them in the pool. HA!!HA!! I would love that. Anyway..i guess we'll see what the vet says and go from there.

Other than that, :juggle:

Terri - we had a foster who we let swim in our pool so he would lose weight. He loved it. I would throw his ball to the end & he would bring it back. Kept doing it over & over so he was swimming laps. One day my husband was mowing & he looked over & the dog was just swimming away. Apparently he started swimming whenever he wanted...not just when we would go with him. Even when we weren't home. It was hilarious. My beagles hate the water though.

Booger: that makes total sense. Thanks for the information. I went to an Ashtanga yoga class last night, which was a nice challenge. There is a prenatal class but I kind of feel like a fraud going there. I don't look pregnant in the least and I'm pretty thin. On the other hand, I know I should be skipping wheel and inversions in the regular class and I feel like a slacker doing that. It's great you've been having nice weather so you can walk. I'm sure your pup will appreciate it. Sounds like DH has an awesome adventure planned. I feel pretty good you'll be celebrating when you send him off. :happy dance:

JKB: Good luck on the appointment today! You have to do what makes you feel comfortable re: sex. You're not going to enjoy it if you've got that thought in the back of your head the whole time. There are other enjoyable things to try.

My RE actually told us no sex at my transfer due to the size of my ovaries. I've been feeling like it is probably OK now and interested in it but I forgot to ask at my scan.

I work from home and my coworker was in the area at the last minute. I told her she could work from here for a bit. I realized after she sat down at my dining room table with her laptop our U/S is plastered on the fridge. :dohh: I'm hoping she has the good grace to keep her mouth shut because I'm pretty sure she saw it.

We're good friends, she's just quite nosy and not the best at keeping secrets. And sometimes she puts her foot in her mouth. Like in August she said to me, so I guess you guys changed your minds about having a baby huh? And I said um, no. Then she was very apologetic and telling me about her sister's struggles and how she got pregnant on her first round of IVF. DH and I work together and he's much more private than I am about all of this. I've tried to respect his feelings and kept my mouth shut with my girlfriends from work.

Can you talk to her and plead with her not to say anything since this is a very private matter?

Amy, so happy the transfer went well, 2 is a great number, that's how many I had. And as far as the driver, he's a jerk and his driving will come back to haunt him. We were driving back from Upstate and a guy in a huge pick-up truck sped up just to cut me off and jammed on the breaks. I changed lanes to get away from him and he slowed down to yell, I rolled down all my windows and pointed to the carseat in the back and told him I would call the police as I had his plate #. He got off at the next exit. Road rage is real, and people are not thinking straight. Be careful ladies.

As for libido, holy 2nd trimester sex drive Batman. It's intense as are the dreams. My friend used to wake up with multiple Os every morning...could you imagine??? Just waking up from sleep triggered it. I get crampy after bd so we don't bd often, maybe weekly, which considering we have a 14mo old and both work, is a miracle. I hope it stays like that, it's very important. 3 weeks until my next u/s...no availability the week before which is a bummer. I will be 21 weeks which is crazy...it's going faster so far. Hope everyone is hydrating and taking their prenatals!

BabyW: I'm hoping that since she didn't say anything immediately she won't. She does have a one-year-old and she waited until 12 weeks to tell. We knew she was pregnant but were nice and I chastised someone for harassing her once. So, I hope she remembers that.

There's also a part of me that's hopeful she missed it. (Although, I think it is unlikely since it is on the side of my fridge because it is stainless and she was sitting on the side of my table that would face it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->