First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

BabyW: I'm hoping that since she didn't say anything immediately she won't. She does have a one-year-old and she waited until 12 weeks to tell. We knew she was pregnant but were nice and I chastised someone for harassing her once. So, I hope she remembers that.

There's also a part of me that's hopeful she missed it. (Although, I think it is unlikely since it is on the side of my fridge because it is stainless and she was sitting on the side of my table that would face it.)

I hope she uses discretion. My manager pretty much told half my trading desk after I told him. Jerk.

I am lucky my boss seems to understand the discreet part of it. I think it is from going through 2 pregnancies himself. However, once it is public, I am sure he will tell EVERYONE he talks to. I am going to have to talk to him about that. I have no problem with the people at my building knowing. But I don't want everyone to know my business. It's kind of weird I guess. But even if I am about to pop, I only want the people I want to know to be told. I am a pretty private person about stuff like that...especially with work people. And I have a lot of customers who call a lot...I don't really want to hear him just telling all the customers I'm pregnant. I am probably weird though.

Did any of the pregnant ladies buy a doppler for listening to the heartbeat...or does anyone plan on buying one? They are not as expensive as I thought, so I was thinking of getting one.

BabyW: I'm hoping that since she didn't say anything immediately she won't. She does have a one-year-old and she waited until 12 weeks to tell. We knew she was pregnant but were nice and I chastised someone for harassing her once. So, I hope she remembers that.

There's also a part of me that's hopeful she missed it. (Although, I think it is unlikely since it is on the side of my fridge because it is stainless and she was sitting on the side of my table that would face it.)

I hope she uses discretion. My manager pretty much told half my trading desk after I told him. Jerk.

Um total jerk. What an asshat.

Amy, yay for a successful transfer, and congrats on being PUPO!! I'd love to see another set of twins on here. :winkwink: Sorry about the embie that didn't make it. That happened with one of mine when I had them all thawed for PGS. There were 4, but only 3 made it to biopsy. I always just remind myself that since it didn't survive the thaw, perhaps that just means it wasn't strong enough to be viable anyway. Who really knows, but that's what I tell myself!

beagle, I was given a fetal doppler by a coworker who just had a baby and doesn't plan on having anymore. I was considering buying one, since they are so much cheaper than I thought. But then she mentioned hers and offered it to me. She just brought it to me today, so i haven't tried it yet, but will probably use it tonight.

sars, I hope your coworker will keep her mouth shut, yikes!! All of my friends/coworkers are good at keeping secrets, but DH's not so much!

babyW, I can't believe your manager did that! It sounds like you have some really insensitive people at your work, I'm so sorry you are always dealing with stuff like that. My boss knew everything I was going through with mc's, IVF, and the very day that I got a positive test. She and I are really close too though.

Aww, Terri, do you miss Fun?? I would get so attached, i just know it! So sorry about your cuz... were you close? I'm sure you'll at least enjoy your time with your father. But I know you were probably kinda looking forward to that girls' trip.

booger, can't wait to hear about your BFP soon. :) I have a feeling you and DH will both get to enjoy your week... he on his trip, and you with your alone time. And both of you knowing you're pregnant. :thumbup:

jkb, did you get in for your appt today then? How'd it go? I think I saw my OB at 9+6, and they were able to get the heartbeat on their doppler.

As for sex, my libido was ZERO during the first 10 weeks or so. For so many reasons though... I felt awful with that thyroid thing, and could barely lift my head by the time evening rolled around... and with the Crinone, I just felt gross. Sex was the furthest thing from my mind, my poor DH!! I didn't deprive him the whole time though. I tried to get a good session in here and there. He was super understanding though... Since I started feeling better, and stopped the Crinone around the same time, my libido has gotten better. But I have to admit, I'm still not exactly dying for it. Hopefully that will change soon.

Terri - I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. My condolences to you and your family. Losing loved ones suck. :hugs:
I think the PGS testing at $1,700 is sooo great. We were thinking about it and decided not to but now I really wish I would have. It's one of those, if I knew then what I know now things. But we were quoted $4,000 as the actual price. I wonder if my clinic puts money on top of it for them? Had we been told $1,700 from the jump, I definitely would have done it.

Erin - I love when DH goes out of town :haha: I know that sounds bad but it isn't lol. We need alone time, it's good for the soul :) I love that I get a chance to miss him too.

LadySosa - I'm glad you had fun on your trip. So nice to just get away sometimes. But then you come home all tired and you need a vacation after your vacation lol. Also, good luck tomorrow at your interview.

Sars930 - I really hope your co-worker doesn't say anything. But if she did, it would be kind of like starting a rumor. How does she know it's YOUR ultrasound FOR SURE lol. I know it's far fetched but one of my BFF had her sister's ultrasound on her fridge just like that. Her sister sent out a picture of the first ultrasound to her family as the announcement.

JCM - I wasn't given any valium but I've heard of lots of other woman who were given it. So you aren't crazy :) I'm actually kind of jealous lol. Although I don't know how well I could have controlled my bladder if I was too relaxed lol.

Beaglemom - The only thing I've heard about the dopplers is that they can cause unnecessary stress sometimes, like if the baby isn't in a position to hear it or you can't find it and you start to panic. I read one woman who freaked out every time that happened and then ended up throwing it out because she was driving her Dr. crazy lol.

I'm having a hard time being lazy today. My Dr. is one of those who wants you to be couch lazy for 48 hours. That is such a long time. Last time it was easy because I still wasn't feeling all that great from the drugs and the retrieval. This time is different because I feel so normal. I tried my best yesterday but wasn't perfect (but pretty good). Today I've totally blown it. I've done laundry, swept in the garage, took out the trash, went out to lunch, went to the bank, working a bit (at least I sit at a desk on my computer for that). But I'm trying not to worry too much about it since I know a lot of you are told to resume normal activity. I think my Dr. is overly cautious.

I'm sorry for those of you that have had their identity or credit card numbers stolen. It really sucks. I had someone using my social security number for government assistance. Which is so hard because you can't do anything to protect yourself from it as it doesn't show up on your credit report. I only found out when I went to change my name after I got married. And I had to fight tooth and nail to prove that my social security number was MINE!! I was like I have ALL the documentation to prove it's me. Make the other person PROVE it's their number if that's what they're claiming. They're the one committing fraud. It was very frustrating.

Quick interruption. hee hee.
I got my new schedule! Looks like the first retrieval will be between March 25-29. I know it's not part of the front page, but I will be doing an FET if you want to update that for me, ERose. Goodbye "Remaining Fabulous." I barely knew ye. HA!!HA!

Back to you, Bob, which means juicing lemons until the cows come home for fresh lemonade storage.

Oh, and Fun is coming back on Friday for another four weeks. He's doing well, but they just want to make sure his implant is sturdy and solid before he goes up for adoption. :dog:

Congrats on the transfer Amy!!! Can't wait until you and Booger go for your betas. :)

Terri - wooohooo for a new ER date! One step further towards your BFP. And, in the meantime, you'll be distracted by Fun. Awww - I'm sure he'll be so happy to be back with you.

Hi everyone else! :)

Amy don't worry about the activity. I went shopping after. Not too strenuous, but visited a couple of places to get blue things! Then either the next day or day after, we went on a mini road trip so I was pretty active walking around that day. No harm done!

Appointment went well! I uploaded a new ultrasound pic but it is upside down! I will mess with it later. But it is a 3d image and you can see her arm and legs so good in the pic in person! I'm in love!!!! I also got an explanation for the abdominal pain. I have a son that is almost 11. Think i mentioned really early on, we had no problems conceiving him, and he's perfectly healthy which is why I didn't feel like it was a genetic issue. And I was convinced it is an immune issue depending on baby's blood type. Anyways, he was an emergency c section because of the cord being around his neck. The dr said because of the scar tissue, with the uterus growing it will actually rip that scar tissue, causing pain. I feel comfortable with that answer. Also getting to see her heart still beating was great confirmation:) dr said no more ultrasounds til 18weeks. I will be playing with the one at my work in the mean time;) I have been too afraid to use it til now because I wasn't sure transabdominal would work but that is what they did today.

Erin - You're totally right. If it wasn't strong enough to survive the thaw, most likely it wasn't a keeper!!

Terri - Whoo Hoooo!!! That's only a month away. So excited that you're not warming the bench anymore :haha:

Thanks Beagle. :flower: That really helps to ease my worries!!

jkb11 - Congrats on the ultrasound. Great picture!! I love that you're in love. So precious!!

Lol Amy! I said that to DH! This Valium is gonna make me pee all over! I didn't...

BabyW! I had the dreams and woke up to orgasms. That was fun. Haha I was just so uncomfortable that sex was not needed. You give it up more than I do and I don't have a little baby! My stepkids keep me busy..so do my dogs. I need a nap. My furniture was delivered today!!!
I'm in love with my nursery. I never want to leave it now. I'll upload pics tomorrow!

I hope this works...don't mind my super thrilled hubby! He's been on call the last two days and I made him move this stuff around a million times! It's a work in progress but we are moving along! I think I want newborn pictures above the crib...I'll change my mind a million times though!

https://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah173/jenldomer/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps5sspsiq8.jpg

https://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah173/jenldomer/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsocfe6wcu.jpg

jcm- I got a Valium too for my transfer. Dr said they give it to help us relax so that the insertion of the catheter is easier.

Amy- I'm sure you didn't over do it. My dr. Actually wanted me to carry on with normal life just no heavy lifting. She explained that not laying around will encourage better blood flow to the uterus.

Terri--- yay!! Time to stop being fab and get busy mama;) the next few weeks will fly by having Fun back at your house !!! Can't wait for you to get that bfp.

I most certainly haven't deprived dh but "vagina" is off limits;)

Funny story- working at the hospital with pediatrics I see all kinds of interesting names... Hubby and I call my "you know" va Gina . But pronounced like Regina with a V. Because I once had a mom that named her daughter that. I explained to her that was vagina and she just kept saying no it's like Regina but with a "va"
I have so freanking many but that one is my second to best -worst name!

Jen ! I love the furniture! Looks beautiful!!! I saw on the pottery barn website where they had a new born pic and a framed footprint and framed handprint above the crib. It was soooo precious

That's what I was thinking!!! I'll have 3 pics spaced out on canvas. The little feet have to be up there!
Hahaha we have ridiculous names too!

Jen, beautiful nursery! I love those windows in that room too. I'd probably never want to leave either! So precious.

Jkb, yay for a great u/s! The pic is so cute! Those days are just the best ever, aren't they?! Cracking up about that very unique name va Gina! Lol!

Terri, I changed you on the front page! I put you down for spring/summer since you might be doing multiple ERs prior to FET. But let me know if you have a better idea of a timeframe. :thumbup:

BabyW, I hope I'll get that great 2nd-tri libido! DH and I have always had a pretty good sex life, so that 1st-tri mess was a big change for us, and was almost a little depressing at times!

So I just used my fetal Doppler, and I love it. It was nice to hear the HB again. Funny how that sound never gets old, hehe! I recorded it on my phone while I was holding it there, and texted the audio to my mom and my MIL. Kinda fun. :)

Thanks ERose-I was thinking about putting a season, but then it didn't really flow with what everyone else had, so FET was fine for me. Sounds good!

The nurse sent in the referral, so now hubs and I have to watch a video on genetic testing and then we have to have our phone conference and then we can do our blood draw. I'll watch the video today from work. Things are moving again and I'm glad to be off the bench and warming up for the big game. hee hee.

Amy-I thought I said congrats, but if I did not, congrats!! So excited for you.

booger-How are you doing, mama? hee hee. That sounds pretty nice.

Jen-LOVE the nursery. The room is so big and the shutters are beautiful. I know I'm supposed to be looking at the furniture, but I can't get past the windows. I do love that little lamb though. And your hubs doesn't look exhausted, but content for a great accomplishment. hee hee.

jkb-Glad you had an awesome scan. I don't think I knew you had a son. Is he so excited for a little sister to protect? I always wanted a big brother.

brighteyez-Are you in your scan phase? How are things looking?

kfs1-When Fun returns we are definitely going to continue working on walking on the leash, sitting down before/after going outside. He is hard to control when it's time to get his leash on/off. He's too excited/happy. I have to get a ton of treats for practice, but I'm eager to have a project for a month.

JCM - I LOOOVE your nursery. Just looks like a gorgeous room and I love the furniture.

Amy - I agree with everyone else. My RE said to act normal right after my transfer but to just not overdo it. It sounds like you were just doing some things around the house. I wouldn't worry.

JKB - Congrats on the great appointment! I always feel so much better after each one. It's hard to wait between appointments, right?

eRose - I'm intrigued by the doppler. Like I said above, it's hard to wait between appointments so it would be nice to have for some peace of mind for those days when you're feeling nervous.

Terri - We're all so excited that you're off the bench, too! And you have such a good plan that we know it's going to work out. Can't waaaaaaaaaaaaait!! :)

Jen - I love the grey. I was considering that. But I think I am going with a natural color. Looks great!

I ordered a doppler off ebay. We will see how it goes. Hopefully it won't stress me out. It is a sonoline B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->