First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Terri sorry to hear about the abnormal pap, I really hope it's nothing and doesn't delay your treatment. I've had abnormal ones in the past and even had treatment for it, it wasn't that bad and was all fine afterwards. I expect you are sick of the snow but it sounds so exciting to me! We rarely get snow where I live and I wish we did.

Amy!!!!! Omg congrats Hun!! What a turn of events, beautiful dark bfp! I am so happy for you!!

Booger - glad your beta was so good! Happy news today!!

Lady good luck on your transfer tomorrow! Only a few hours till you are pupo!!

Hope your s an goes well kfs, enjoy seeing baby again.

Hello to everyone else!!

I'm finding the tww a bit torturous. Went back to work today which kept me busier. I've got a nagging lower back ache which is normally a bad sign for me that af is on the way but this is way earlier than usual. I'm 4dp2dt so my blast should be hatching today!! Lets hope so.

Hi ladies!

Booger - yay that your beta # was great! wahoo!

Terri - you go! Good for you for telling off (or just tapping on shoulder) that teenager. I'd do the same thing if I were you.

Congrats again Amy! :)

Mrs. W - hang in there! I was always wondering, why does everyone call it the two week wait? Doesn't the beta only take about a week or so after transfer?? Everyone keeps asking me "when will you know??" and I say.. "I thiink two weeks??" but then it seems like everyone else 'knows' sooner.

Question for you ladies. My doc told me in the very beginning that IVF has a 60% chance of working. But it seems like based on all the success on this board, the % is wayy higher! Did she mean 60% for the entire process, as in, there is a chance you may not get any eggs, there is a chance they may not fertilize, there is a chance you may not respond to meds, etc. etc., like 60% from start to finish. In other words, I'm wondering since I've gotten this far...what are my chances??? Just wondering if you guys know. ARgh the anxiety is killing me!

Terri, good luck with your results. I've had one abnormal pap and they were able to tell me why they thought with pretty high accuracy. I had to have one every six months for a certain period of time and then went back to normal. I wouldn't think it would impact your cycle.

So, much good news on here!!

Great to hear from you Knit, I'm glad you're feeling better.

LadySosa: I'm not really sure on the success rates. So, much depends on your personal situation. I might guess that so many ladies here did PGS here helps??

I asked about our maternity leave policy today as we just transitioned into a new company in recent months. I got a mixed bag response that's leaving me frustrated and somewhat happy. Good news: The company is now paying for short-term disability coverage that covers maternity leave. Otherwise there would be no paid leave.

Bad news: Because DH and I work for the same company, they can legally limit our FMLA to a combined total of 12 weeks. I'm so pissed. Only way around it is for him to just hoard vacation. So, if he wanted to take a week of FMLA, I could only take 11 weeks. Other married coworkers were not subject to this, so one would take 12 and then the other took a few weeks.

Lady - The TWW is two weeks from when you ovulate. So since the embryos spend 5 of those days in the lab, it's less than 2 weeks by the time you transfer.

Terri - I agree I am sick of the snow too! I work for Baltimore City Public Schools and it is getting messy.

Amy - Congrats!!

Mrs. W - I completly get that the TWW is the worse. Try to stay occupied as much as possible.

Ok ladies,
Just got the call and my estradiol went from 117 to 435 and the follicles are measuring at 11. I start taking the ganirelix tonight and then every morning starting tomorrow along with the other meds. I am getting excited because once you start ganirelix it means we're getting close. Thank you ladies for your support and encouragement. YOU LADIES ROCK :hugs: !!!!

That's great bright!!

Lady your wait is less if you transfer a day 5 blast, mine was a day 2 transfer so technically a 12 day wait. Success rates are personal. Because of my low amh, my chance of success was 10-15%. But before they knew I had the low amh because I've had a baby and am 34 they said 40%. It will vary from clinic to clinic too.

X

Awesome news brighteyez!! So happy for you!

Yay Amy!!!

Great beta Booger!

Lots of good news today.

Had my scan and they measured the baby - he is weighing in at 3 pounds 12 ounces....heart is still normal!

Congrats on a good scan moni! Can't believe how close you are!!!! I'm ready to start seeing baby pics posted:)

So the fertility center that I go to lost power today and everyone who had retrieval a scheduled for today had to be transferred to another one in another county. They also said that people who have them tomorrow are also supposed to go to another county and the snow is supposed to start at 2:30am and we are expecting at least four inches. Can you imagine if tomorrow was your day (except Lady Sosa). Talk about stressful. The nurse hadn't heard from my OBgyn and I didn't try calling today. They didn't call me either so it's probably not an emergency.

This dog keeps waking up in the middle of the night and barking, so I'm going to bed early. Good luck tomorrow Lady. I'll be home so I can check in periodically.

Just checking in to say good luck to LadySosa!! Tomorrow you'll officially be PUPO!! YAY!!

Awe thanks so much you guys!! Terri and other east-coasters stay safe in that snow! I'll check in tmro after transfer. Have a great night!!

Good luck today, LadySosa!!! Fingers crossed for a smooth and easy transfer. Hooray!

Hello everyone. I hope all is well.

Lady good luck today...I hope the wait goes by fast for you. I can't remember if you plan to cheat & test early.

So I told all my coworkers today. I didn't do any of the things I planned. We have a pot luck tomorrow & they asked me to cook & I said I wasn't in the mood. Really the thought makes me sick. So I said to myself I am tired of lying about stupid stuff. So I went to the teller side of the bank & showed them my u/s pic & said there's my baby! I made a few people cry. It was really cool. Then I came back & told another guy in my office...he is a younger guy, married, no kids. I said hey I have something to show you. I showed him the pic & I said that's my baby...in my belly. He looked so shocked. He was like what, how, when. It was almost as if the 2 of us had a one night stand & I was breaking the pregnancy news to him. Then I called a friend at another branch & told her. it was really cool. My other ideas would have worked too...but this worked really great. I feel good having more people supporting me. Of course all the women said they sensed something was up with me. No idea how...but whatever.

Good luck today Lady!

Glad things went well telling your coworkers Beagle.

Terri, that's awful. I can't imagine. We're getting slammed today with 8 inches of snow.

Good luck Lady!!

Terri - wow that is scary - what if you had a transfer scheduled...

Just cancelled my OB appointment - roads are scary and not worth it. Plus I fell down some stairs last night and hubby is a little extra cautious about me. I'm ok and baby is acting normally - no bleeding cramping - just a good bruise on my rearend.

Yuck to everyone's weather. It was beautiful yesterday of about 80...perfect day to call in sick...but I was at work. Today is NASTY & raining & I think tomorrow the temp drops big time. I am ready for spring already.

Moni - sorry about your fall! Glad it was your back side instead of your front. I am sure you have a nasty bruise, though. Glad baby seems fine.

So I guess I spoke too soon on my meds. This time the pharmacy billed my insurance & I had to pay the full amount. When I put in my own claim, they said allowed amount $20. No idea what is going on. But I should be getting a refund of the difference from the meds I got in Jan. But I guess I am stuck with this new bill. The good news is this will put me at my deductible for the year. I think I have to do one more order to get me to 10 weeks. But that should just be 20%.

I also had a call from the OB about insurance. They bill the entire amount due from now until after delivery. But they set it up as payments. Luckily since I have paid so much already towards my deductible, looks like my total will be around $500.

I will be so glad to me off this expensive progesterone!!! Maybe my office has more samples I can sponge off of until 10 weeks.

Ladysosa - can't wait to hear your report!!!!!!

Terri - I hope you caught up in some sleep you poor thing.

Booger - congrats on the great beta!!!! How are you feeling?

Amy - wow. Sooooo happy for you. I hope those tests keep getting darker and darker as you lead up to your beta!

Knit - congrats on the great scan. Always a relief to see the little beans, right?

Mrsw - the TWW is THE worst. Try to keep yourself distracted - easier said than done, I know.

Brighteyez - sounds like things are progressing well. :)

Moni - yaaaay for a great scan. Any new pics? Hope you're not too bruised up.

My scan went well yesterday. I'll share pics tomorrow (on my phone). The only issue is that my placenta is a bit low but most of the time it moves as the uterus grows so they said not to worry. Next appt in 3 weeks so they can check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->