First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Hi ladies! Just wanted to pop in and say all went well. Everything was smooth and quick! I feel a little cruddy but I think it's because I'm having coffee withdrawals! Have a major headache. I'm excited to think I have a little embie in my belly! I'll check in w more tmro. :)

Yay lady! You are pupo!! Rest up girlie. Can't wait to see that bfp!

Hi ladies! Just wanted to pop in and say all went well. Everything was smooth and quick! I feel a little cruddy but I think it's because I'm having coffee withdrawals! Have a major headache. I'm excited to think I have a little embie in my belly! I'll check in w more tmro. :)

Congrats on being PUPO!!

Good morning ladies!!

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement all :)

I'm feeling really crappy today, and I am REALLY paranoid that my coworker got me sick. We were chatting a bunch on Monday, then on Tuesday she found out she had strep throat, which is apparently really contagious. Yesterday I had the worst headache all day, then I started coughing. Now this morning my throat is sore and my headache is still there. Ugh!!! Worst possible timing to get sick! I'm really hoping that the cough is just allergies or something passing, and the headache is from no coffee. Anyone know - if I did happen to get strep, would that interfere with my new little embie?

Anyways, yesterday was interesting. I wasn't a huge fan of the acupuncture...some of them hurt more than I was anticipating, then I was all anxious expecting more pain. Wasn't very relaxing. Also DH was there in the room the entire time! Bless his heart he actually tried it himself a little (she just poked him on his forehead/ear). But it was all really cool - seeing the pic of the embryo, then I got to watch the embryologist suck it up into the catheter. All so interesting! It's such a weird feeling to know that I am PUPO. After all the time of trying and wondering, hoping that I got pregnant...now I know I am for sure (at least for the time being)! My test is March 14, so not too far away!

How's everyone else doing on this Friday morning??

Good morning ladies!!

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement all :)

I'm feeling really crappy today, and I am REALLY paranoid that my coworker got me sick. We were chatting a bunch on Monday, then on Tuesday she found out she had strep throat, which is apparently really contagious. Yesterday I had the worst headache all day, then I started coughing. Now this morning my throat is sore and my headache is still there. Ugh!!! Worst possible timing to get sick! I'm really hoping that the cough is just allergies or something passing, and the headache is from no coffee. Anyone know - if I did happen to get strep, would that interfere with my new little embie?

Anyways, yesterday was interesting. I wasn't a huge fan of the acupuncture...some of them hurt more than I was anticipating, then I was all anxious expecting more pain. Wasn't very relaxing. Also DH was there in the room the entire time! Bless his heart he actually tried it himself a little (she just poked him on his forehead/ear). But it was all really cool - seeing the pic of the embryo, then I got to watch the embryologist suck it up into the catheter. All so interesting! It's such a weird feeling to know that I am PUPO. After all the time of trying and wondering, hoping that I got pregnant...now I know I am for sure (at least for the time being)! My test is March 14, so not too far away!

How's everyone else doing on this Friday morning??

I would be a little concerned if you had a fever. You don't want your internal temp too high. Check for that...but if no fever, I wouldn't worry too much. But you could call your nurse to be safe.

Welcome to pupo land lady!! I've been ill with an awful cough since my transfer so have googled it quite a bit. From what I have read on coughs and colds, your immune system being lower can actually be a good thing thing and help an embryo implant more easily. Not sure about with a fever though, what beagle said makes sense. Have lots of fluids and lots of rest. X

Are you working today, Lady? Congrats!
When is your beta scheduled? Oops. I didn't refresh my screen from earlier today and I just saw that it's next Saturday. Yeah!! I can't wait.. I was thinking the same thing about your immune system not being the strongest. The embie is taking over your body already! hee hee. I hope you don't have strep.

We shoveled out last night and I made it to work around 9. It's supposed to warm up >40 the next couple days, so I'm excited for warm weather. I also shoveled a path to my front door because I was expecting some new corduroys, but today I saw that my shipment was delayed. Booo..I never shovel the path to the front door. Stay away strangers! hee hee.

Hi guys! Yay, finally someone here to play with! Hehe. The board has been awful quiet this morning. I hope y'all are right about the immune system! Mrs. W, that makes me feel better, thank you! Although I feel bad that you are sick!

Ugh Terri, the snow sounds awful! I keep seeing on the news neighbors that are fighting over where to put the snow. What a pain that everything is closed or delayed. Ugh! Good that the temp will increase. But then you might have a slushy mess on your hands.

Lady, Glad it went well but I'm sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Strep untreated is really dangerous so just stay on top of your symptoms. I don't know how much it matters for the embie. I know my RE told me that for DH it would be really bad for him to get sick before the ER since that can negatively effect sperm. Might be worth calling your nurse. Are you going to test early or wait until your beta?

Terri, We ended up getting about 10 inches in 36 hours. IM OVER THIS. It is really sunny today so things are starting to melt. I'm ready for seven days of 40 degree weather and outdoor running. Sick of the treadmill already.

I'm off today for working Saturday so I went to the gym this morning and I'm treating myself to a mani pedi this afternoon. It is my brother's birthday so we're going to Philly to stay with my parents. They live by the Art Museum and my brother is in Northern Liberties. Saturday is my best friend's son's first birthday. I can't believe he's a year already. Time flies. So, should be a fun weekend.

Any one with fun plans?

LadySosa - YAY for being PUPO :yipee: I'm sooo excited for you. I'm so sorry you're sick though. If you really do think you may have strep or get a fever, go to the Dr. right away. You need antibiotics for strep and I was told that fevers can be dangerous during early pregnancy. If it is just a common cold, you will be fine. I got really sick while I was pregnant last time (fever and cough) and I can't help but wonder if that contributed to my miscarriage. I will never know but it is always in the back of my mind. So take extra care.

Beaglemom - Congrats on telling your co-workers. How exciting :)

Moni - Wow that had to be so scary. I'm sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine. Were you sore the next day or anything?

Hi to everyone else!! I hope everyone is doing well:)

Hi ladies!! :flower:

LadySosa - Again, hooray for you smooth transfer. :thumbup: Fantastic! I'm sorry you aren't feeling so well, though. I think you'll be just fine. Maybe a call to your nurse would make you feel better though. Strep is the worst - I really hope that isn't what it is! Are you going to wait until your beta or do you plan on testing at home sooner??

Terri - Sorry for the delay in getting your pants! I hate seeing when things get delayed when you are so excitedly waiting for them. I'm sure you guys are so ready for winter to be over. My Mom got 2 feet of snow in Kentucky. Yikes!!! That's a lot of snow for anyone, especially them. Yet, here in Montana we continue to be in the 50/60s and sunny. Sigh. It does make good walking/running weather!

Mrs W - How are you hanging, lady???? I hope you're doing well.

knitgirl - How rude of me to ask how you were doing the other day and then never respond to your reply. Good to hear from you but I'm sorry you've been so sick! I hope that the last few days of feeling better sticks around.

Beagle - Hooray for telling everyone at work!! I'm glad it went well.

moni - Sorry about your fall but glad that it was just your bum that took a beating.

kfs - Wahoo on your great scan!! You're almost halfway! I can't believe it.

sars - That sucks about your leave. Ugh. Maternity/Paternity leave in the country is just the pits.

brighteyez - Awesome update on your follicles. Keep growing little follies!!!

Amy - How are you doing??? Beta is just a couple more days away now.

Howdy to Erin, JCM, and jkb!!!! :hi:

My second beta came in at 419! :happydance::happydance::happydance: I am ecstatic and feel like I can breathe a small sigh of relief. Phew. First US is next Friday just to confirm a sac is there. I actually have an US on the next 4 Fridays (I didn't even ask why they do so many). Let's hope they all go well!

DH is off on his crazy backcountry ski adventure through the Canadian wilderness. I may not have any contact with him until next Thursday! I hope he stays safe out there. I told him he couldn't do anything too crazy because there was more than just me to think about now. :winkwink:

Oh, and I can start running again! :wohoo: My nurse said "don’t push yourself, but you can ‘carefully’ run now. It’s perfectly safe, but I don’t want you to ever think that if you lost the pregnancy it was because of that. So most people wait until they are about 8 weeks or so and in the meantime fast walk, etc…" I'll take it nice and easy but I am beyond happy to lace up my running shoes again. Especially with the nice weather we have been having.

Booger - YAY for a great 2nd beta :yipee: I'm so happy for you.
Yes my beta is on Monday. Time seemed to go by pretty quickly this week, so it didn't seem as long as it was. The weekend will be over before we know it because those always go by way too fast lol.

:happydance:
Hi ladies!! :flower:

LadySosa - Again, hooray for you smooth transfer. :thumbup: Fantastic! I'm sorry you aren't feeling so well, though. I think you'll be just fine. Maybe a call to your nurse would make you feel better though. Strep is the worst - I really hope that isn't what it is! Are you going to wait until your beta or do you plan on testing at home sooner??

Terri - Sorry for the delay in getting your pants! I hate seeing when things get delayed when you are so excitedly waiting for them. I'm sure you guys are so ready for winter to be over. My Mom got 2 feet of snow in Kentucky. Yikes!!! That's a lot of snow for anyone, especially them. Yet, here in Montana we continue to be in the 50/60s and sunny. Sigh. It does make good walking/running weather!

Mrs W - How are you hanging, lady???? I hope you're doing well.

knitgirl - How rude of me to ask how you were doing the other day and then never respond to your reply. Good to hear from you but I'm sorry you've been so sick! I hope that the last few days of feeling better sticks around.

Beagle - Hooray for telling everyone at work!! I'm glad it went well.

moni - Sorry about your fall but glad that it was just your bum that took a beating.

kfs - Wahoo on your great scan!! You're almost halfway! I can't believe it.

sars - That sucks about your leave. Ugh. Maternity/Paternity leave in the country is just the pits.

brighteyez - Awesome update on your follicles. Keep growing little follies!!!

Amy - How are you doing??? Beta is just a couple more days away now.

Howdy to Erin, JCM, and jkb!!!! :hi:

My second beta came in at 419! :happydance::happydance::happydance: I am ecstatic and feel like I can breathe a small sigh of relief. Phew. First US is next Friday just to confirm a sac is there. I actually have an US on the next 4 Fridays (I didn't even ask why they do so many). Let's hope they all go well!

DH is off on his crazy backcountry ski adventure through the Canadian wilderness. I may not have any contact with him until next Thursday! I hope he stays safe out there. I told him he couldn't do anything too crazy because there was more than just me to think about now. :winkwink:

Oh, and I can start running again! :wohoo: My nurse said "don’t push yourself, but you can ‘carefully’ run now. It’s perfectly safe, but I don’t want you to ever think that if you lost the pregnancy it was because of that. So most people wait until they are about 8 weeks or so and in the meantime fast walk, etc…" I'll take it nice and easy but I am beyond happy to lace up my running shoes again. Especially with the nice weather we have been having.

Thank you Booger!!! Congrats on the beta that is so awesome

Hello ladies,

How is everyone?

Lady - Congrats on being PUPO!!! How many did they transfer? This is so exciting!!!

Brighteyez - I forgot you are in MD too...I hope the weather hasn't screwed up any of your appts.

Booger congrats on your beta! That is awesome. A coworker told me she had scans a lot because over 35 & the infertility. Wondering if that is why for you. I wouldn't care & would love it!

So telling everyone was nice. Two coworkers told me about their infertility (well one I already knew about). I am so free telling people we needed help. I never thought I would be that way. Telling people also makes me a tad nervous since I am still early. But I feel very positive about this pregnancy. Nausea has not settled much. Trying to eat more often & drink more. Oh & telling people brings on the advice. I don't mind...but the advice that bugs me is the "Oh you will." Ugh...you don't know how my pregnancy is going to be. But they are just trying to be nice. I am a bit tired of hearing ginger ale & crackers. :)

Plans this weekend...road trip to buy baby furniture at Ikea!

Congrats booger!! Glad everything is going well and you're back to lacing up your sneaks. I can't wait to get back to running. The next few days have increasing temps so if I can get out early I can run on the street and not worry about u shoveled sidewalks.

No big weekend plans here. Just ordering meds and going to my leash walking class tomorrow. Other than that, probably a lot of TV watching. Bo-ring. Oh, my bestie and I booked a trip to Seattle in the fall. It's been a couple years since we've been on our fall girls trip so time to get back to it. I'm eager to get back to my birth city!

Oh and beagle I'm glad you told your coworkers. No more little lies. Yay!!

Brighteyez - I forgot you are in MD too...I hope the weather hasn't screwed up any of your appts.

Booger congrats on your beta! That is awesome. A coworker told me she had scans a lot because over 35 & the infertility. Wondering if that is why for you. I wouldn't care & would love it!

So telling everyone was nice. Two coworkers told me about their infertility (well one I already knew about). I am so free telling people we needed help. I never thought I would be that way. Telling people also makes me a tad nervous since I am still early. But I feel very positive about this pregnancy. Nausea has not settled much. Trying to eat more often & drink more. Oh & telling people brings on the advice. I don't mind...but the advice that bugs me is the "Oh you will." Ugh...you don't know how my pregnancy is going to be. But they are just trying to be nice. I am a bit tired of hearing ginger ale & crackers. :)

Booger - I have made all of them just left early and took my time :) But it was messy. I am waiting for them to call me with the estradiol results. Wednesday my estradiol went from 117 to 435 :happydance: and the follicles were measuring at 11+. Today they are ranging from 11-18 so I am pleased and excited about that :happydance:. Now I am just waiting patiently.....NOT :haha: for the call. I go back on Sunday and if all is well I will have ER on the 11th (next Wednesday). I am so excited, again thanks for you all encouragement. :hugs:

Yay Booger!! That is an awesome beta!! Is it twins?? And yay for getting back to running! I'm not sure if I'd be so excited about running, but if it's something that you enjoy and helps ease your mind, that is great. :)

Amy - I didn't realize you'd transferred two! Oooh I wonder if you've got twins too?? Can't wait for your results Monday!

Brighteyez - you're almost there! Woohoo!

Beagle - That must be a relief to tell everyone! When I started opening up to my coworkers about our infertility and IVF, it turned out that two out of three are going through or have gone through very similar issues. It really goes to show you that you never know who is experiencing this! I just found out also that one of my coworkers is preggo (she just took the test last week)! Exciting times around here!

I am feeling cramping. Is it normal to feel cramping so soon after transfer? I'm feeling better tho, def. no fever, just the lingering headache. DH doesn't want me to test before next Saturday's beta. He thinks it's useless cause it may not be accurate. I see his point, even if I got a BFP I'd still be doubting if it's accurate...I may wait for the beta.

Oh yes I live here in wonderful and beautiful Maryland :) The weather is wonderful LOL:haha:. I am ready for Spring but I am enjoying my days off with the school system though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->