First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

ERose-Oh yay for hanging out with the girls. I hope you have an awesome time.

jkb-Thanks for the well wishes. I'm starting to get nervous. I can't focus or sit still and I just want 2:30 to get here so I can get on the road to the office. It's cold outside today and I even had to wear my coat. I do have on my new, purple corduroy skinny jeans, so that's one good thing about it being cool. hee hee. I won't have many opportunities to wear them.

kfs1-I'm sorry you didn't get an updated picture today but glad the baby is doing well. Do you have names picked out yet? That is one of my favorite parts of this journey.. hearing about everyone's baby names. I was talking to my best friend about that last night. Her SIL just had a baby and they named him Brady. I saw him on Saturday at the softball game, and he was just sleeping. He's pretty small. 6 pounds something.

beagle-Ooh the big reveal is coming! hee hee. No pressure from me, but I like seeing pictures.

Jen-Hope you're doing ok...check in when you can.

BabyW/booger-What have you been up to?

Amy-Are you still hanging in there? How are things going? We miss you. :hugs:

AFM-You guys probably don't know this about me, but when I go out to eat I LOVE getting the cheese plate for my appetizer or even for dessert. Well, they usually have blue cheese or some kind of soft cheese on there. So last night I was sad when my bestie was like 'Do you want the cheese plate?' I told her that it might not be a good idea, but we asked the waiter and he said that all of the cheeses were pasteurized. :happydance: You don't know how happy I was. I ate every bite of cheese, and apple butter on that board. Yum yum. hee hee. It's seriously, the little things.

Have a great day everyone..I better do a smidge of work to make my day go by faster. <3 :flower:

TERRI i'M STALKING FOR AN UPDATE!!

Erin I love the crib and the color. I also went with dark wood as Jack's room has white moldings and built-ins so it wouldn't be so heavy looking.

Sars I am so sorry that your company is handling it this way. I can totally empathize...I was told when I had Jack that I would be covered 100%. When he was 10mos old and my contract was coming up for renewal, they used it as a negotiating tactic to force me into a new contract. They tried to come after me for what they paid me and called it a deficit. Needless to say I got a coworker of dh's who is a partner in the employment law group and she helped me navigate what was a really awful time. We had no formal policy and now we do. I will get about 5% of what I normally make. There is nothing I can do and by law all they have to do is guarantee my job...so as with everything else the firm is doing the bare minimum required by law. With how they treat people here it's not a total surprise. It why most women end up leaving here and the firm doesn't care. Working on Wall St is not like working for Google and other tech companies that are concerned with work/life balance. I knew that coming in, but after having kids my perspective has changed. I wouldn't be surprised if they phase me out or Mommy track me when I get back.

KFS: Yay for no more placenta previa! Does that mean you can finally BD? That stinks about your U/S tech. I can't believe they don't give you a photo every time. My high risk doctor has a separate screen for the couple to see and my regular doc turns it towards you. BOO to her. But yay for baby looking perfect.

Terri: I'm so excited for you! I'm sure you'll be rather unproductive beforehand and then after because you'll be so thrilled! I've been surprised to find most high end restaurants are still using all pasteurized cheese. The servers always look at me like I have 8 heads when I ask.

Beagle: I hear you on having a clean house when I go away. My husband thinks I'm nuts but I like coming home to an orderly, clean place.

BabyW: Thanks. It just stinks because the six weeks at 100 percent is actually an improvement over the old no pay at all policy. So, they've managed to take a good thing and turn it into a hair pulling exercise. I don't know how you deal with such a toxic work environment. Do you enjoy your job?

sars-Once I leave at 2:30 my day is over. I usually leave work at 3:30, but I have been coming in about 15 minutes early for who knows how long, so my extra hour being away is already made up from other days. I have a dental appointment tonight with the hygienist who told me about the fertility clinic so I am HOPING so badly that she is pregnant. She has been trying for longer than I have, and if I recall correctly, the last time I saw her, she was going to try donor eggs. I know she will be happy when she finds out I'm in a family way (ha ha), but my heart feels so sad for her if she's not. Guess I'll know in a few hours about that too.

Erin congrats on getting started on the nursery! Gorgeous picks!

SARS-I'm with on the issues with leave:( I think I'm going to have a hard time going back to work. I love my job but she will only be a baby once. I'm thinking of going back PRN until she is 1-2 years old. Big decision but, I worked full time and was a full time student when my son was born and I feel like I missed so much.

Kfs- congrats on no Previa!!! Sorry you didn't get a new pic:( I hate getting a bad/rushed person.

Beagle -I'm with you on having to have the house clean before leaving for a vacation. Hope you get it done.

Baby w- hope your work does the right thing and doesn't try to scew you. When I was having all the bleeding I had to call out once it was my 3rd call out since I started working when I was 15. Well dr wanted me to only work 8hr shifts and I explained to her that wasn't possible with my position so she had me apply for Intermittent FMLA. Long story short they denied it because I had utilized my paid time off in the past year. I may have had a moment with the poor HR lady when I was told that. Luckily right now I don't need it. I'm praying it stays that way. I just hurts to be a faithful employee and to give your best for them to screw you when you need help.

Terri- come on 2:30!!! I know things will be great! Happy 6weeks!

Amy- thinking of you. Sending you love and hugs from the east coast!

image.jpg

I'm too lazy to log into desktop so here's a pic taken from my iPad off of my cell. You can see my big ol belly:) but that one pound I had gained is now gone. I have a feeling one day I will suddenly gain 10 lbs in a week and end up with stretch marks!

Just logging in to say good luck today Terri! Can't wait for results!

Jkb- adorable bump!!

jkb-Your belly doesn't look that big to me, but it probably does to you since it's yours. hee hee.

Today is bring your kids to work day and I love seeing how all the kids look like their parents and are always shy and stuff. What a fun day. It's an even better day considering I get to leave in an hour! HA!!HA!!

Hope your appointment goes well Terri!

I'm loving that blue color, Erin. It's something you don't usually see. Unique and I like that.

Krissy, I really can't believe I'm actually saying this but I don't remember how many eggs I had! Maybe 11 or 9 and I think 7 fertilized. Then I had 5 make it to day 5 with one perfect embryo and one that was about a half day behind. I transferred those two because I'm 31 and ok with multiples. I was actually hoping to have twins but I ended up with one! The other embryos didn't grow so we discarded them. Sooooo I have nothing left and that's ok with me. We won't be doing ivf again and I'm giving myself 2 years after Charli is born to get pregnant naturally. We won't be preventing or trying really. We'll see what happens. I can't even believe I'm considering doing pregnancy again. I've hated most of it! Lol!

Nothing new over here! Just watching tv eating goldfish crackers. Someone said wheat thins the other day on here so I needed those too. I noticed I'm losing weight now so that's nice...apparently that happens when you're close to delivering so yay! Also, you start leaking everywhere. Haha! Discharge more than usual and yellow stuff comes out of my boobs now so that's sexy. I swear I'll need to be fully clothed to get DH to have sex with me next week! I was talking to my husbands office manager yesterday. She suggested I get my mom one of those pandora bracelets for when she comes to help me with the baby. I thought it was a great idea and she would really like it so I'm shopping online for that...plus I've been really mean and cranky lately. Just like in your face, call you out and tell you you're stupid kind of mean. At least I recognize it! I'm just ready to be done. I don't have to worry about maternity leave since I stay at home but DH is always busy with work and gets no time off so I'll miss getting to learn how to do this with him! But I've got my mom and she's a really good mom.

Oh! I almost forgot, if you can't stand tums or they don't work like they didn't work for me, try alkaseltzer chews for heartburn relief. They are tasty!

Things went well. We have one baby inside. All three phlebotomists wanted to go in the room with me to check out my insides! My hubs was scared to look at the screen but the doc said 'come over here!' It was great. Picture later if I can get it to load. Phew! So happy.

Terri!!! Yay :) I'm so happy for you. Did they want you to come back for follow up visit? If so when will it be

Thanks!! I have to go back in ten days and then another ten days and then I'm released to the high risk doctor.

I told my dad last night and it went well and he's excited. The setup was perfect because I was talking about my blood pressure medicine and how they had to change it and my oral surgeon sister didn't tell me that I may get puffy gums as a result. My dad said "Why did they have to change it?" I said 'For pregnancy' and waited. Then he started laughing.

Then he said 'Well, don't expect me to come babysit.' WHILE HE IS BABYSITTING MY SISTER"S BABY IN AUSTIN!! I was just like 'Ok, Daddy. Whatever.' This is reason #1 why we have mothers. To block out all the stupid s^*&@ that our dads would say to us given the opportunity. I'm not sad or mad. I'm just happy that today I'm pregnant.

:( Not having a good day today. And I apologize in advance for the mopey post.
I know I started off with a lot fewer follicles than many of you ladies - only about ~11. And I knew the number would go down...
I'm down to 6 or 7, and they're not growing as quickly (though they are all growing) as expected even though I'm on some heavy doses of the meds (300 UI follistim). I'm terribly worried we're not going to have any left after the losses during retrieval (if we even get there), fertilization, morphology... Starting to feel pretty hopeless about the whole process.
I really really hope this is the beginning of the hormones affecting my mood... because this is the most defeated I've felt during this whole TTC process, and that's saying something.

Things went well. We have one baby inside. All three phlebotomists wanted to go in the room with me to check out my insides! My hubs was scared to look at the screen but the doc said 'come over here!' It was great. Picture later if I can get it to load. Phew! So happy.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh! So happy Terri! All is as it should be. What a wonderful time this is for you, enjoy it. I had Jack 12/17 and we snuggled up all Winter.

Sars I do enjoy some aspects of my job and most of the people I work with except for a couple of guys that are totally pathological and machiavellian. I have flexibility here that I wouldn't at a larger firm and that suits me right now. The only thing that matters here is the bottom line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->