First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Sars - We're just going to do one at a time. We already have a child, and I don't mind waiting an extra month if that's what it takes. Love the bump - it's adorable.

Sars-What a cute picture! Your bump is just a little tiny one, but I see it.

Jen-What kind of nurse is that? I'm sorry you're in so much pain. That certainly doesn't help anything. Hopefully that baby will show up sooner rather than later. C'mon girlie...we all want to see your face!! Hopefully the pool was relaxing. So jealous of a pool.

beagle-Are you able to watch the baseball game tonight?? It's surely going to be a good one. I'm in my seat with some popcorn. hee hee. We officially adopted Fun(yun) today, and I was so excited to put his tags on him, and he wanted to chew them off his collar! hee hee. So...maybe he'll like it better if hubs puts it on him. I thought he wanted a "permanent home jingle." What a brat. I also loved your paragraph about women/moms, although it really made me miss my mom. I'm telling you girls, Mother's day is really not the same without your own mom. It sucks, and having everyone saying 'Happy Mother's Day' is definitely not the business. But..I put on my game face and say it to others because they deserve it. :flower: <3

Thanks beagle mom -- yes doing the IUIs did help us transition faster to IVF. To be honest I do still have days where I just can't believe we are at this point.....when every test has been fine. But God works in mysterious ways.....

Thankfully, everyone talks about how IVF isn't that bad......I think I will feel that way if I get a BFP ;)
We are out of pocket paying.....so sadly we will be limited by the number of attempts we can do. But each day and at a time, and each cycle at a time! Thankful we are able to afford this, and that we can good jobs, and I am able to make it work without taking any time off.

I am still really undecided about one or two embryos. I guess to me, it will all depend on how many eggs are retrieved and fertilized...and if we will have any to freeze. My heart still wants to transfer two if we are able, but my head says we should probably listen to our doctor and do one at a time (thats assuming it is "good quality").

I am not doing this for multiples....but I am not opposed to twins either. Just want a happy and healthy baby.....and we don't financially have the resources to pay out of pocket for multiple rounds of IVF.

Haha Terri, one that apparently doesn't have my same anatomy as a woman I'm guessing! She should really practice on herself! Warm baths are helping though. I'd love to be pain free before my dialation check on Tuesday.

Good luck today, Terri!! My thoughts are with you!

And congrats on adopting Fun yesterday. He really is a very lucky dog.

Terri - MORE HAPPY THOUGHTS for you today. Love you girl. And congrats on adopting Fun! I'm sure you're all over the moon. I'm sorry about your mom again and having to be without her on mother's day. I feel the same way about having to celebrate father's day with my FIL. It's hard. :hug:

Booger - Love your new profile pic.

Beagle - Such a sweet message about mother's day. :flower:

Sars - You're so cute!! Loving that bump. :)

Krissy - Congrats on 2 beautiful blasts!!! Now, when will your FET be?

Mrs. L - I'm so sorry about your IUI. Like many of the other ladies, I had a few failed IUIs before my IVF and it really helped me ease into the IVF process. By the time my IVF rolled around, I was beyond ready. Hmm. 1-2 embryos - it's a tough choice. You have some time to think on it, right? I'm sure you'll come to the right decision.

Jen - OMG - what an idiot that nurse is. You poor thing - I feel so bad for you. I think you have a good plan though - relax in the pool and take it easy as much as you can.

Hi all of my other lovelies.

Kfs - my clinic likes to do one down cycle between retrieving and transfers... so our first FET should end up being around mid June!

Terri - Fingers and toes crossed for you today! Sending lots of positive vibes :hugs:

Good morning ladies,
Booger, love the new profile pic. Super cute. :)

Terri - you're in my thoughts today, I'll be checking in! What time is your appt? And yay for adopting Fun. So glad you are giving him the home he needs. :)

Jen - Ouch! That sounds really painful! What a wench.

Krissy - sounds like we'll be on almost the same schedule. My transfer will be June 24, so you might be a week or so ahead of me. I pushed it out two days so we wont have to bring the lupron on our trip. I figured, I've been waiting this long, what's two more days!

Happy Friday everyone! My boss is taking the day off - thanks goodness! I think I figured out the problem, I'm pretty sure she is bipolar. Yesterday she was singing, dancing, and broke into TEARS because she was SO HAPPY that she had today off. MMmmkay. And the day before she was a force to be reckoned with (eyes flashing in anger, screaming at my coworker!). Sigh. Anyway, this weekend we are headed to Pullman, WA to attend my cousin's college graduation. He's the one who's mom just died, and so we wanted to be there for him since he has no parents left. It is miraculous that he is graduating college and that he has his life together, considering all the dysfunction he has been through in his life. His brothers didn't even graduate high school. He is smart, ambitious, personable - he is really an inspiration and we are all so proud of him! We will stay with my parents in their RV. The weather should be sunny and warm, so I'm looking forward to this little adventure.

Oh, Terri, I think you asked me a while back which place we went with in Cannon Beach. We are going with the condo that is all done. :) All we gotta do after we close is paint and decorate. Yeah! It takes so long to close tho, still a month out (June 10). Lots of exciting things to wait for!

Any other fun plans for the weekend ladies??

Well girls, our only new family member is Fun. There was a yolk sac, but whatever was inside a few days ago is now gone. My doctor did the ultrasound and he gave me a hug before we went in because he thought that I would be graduating. Then, for whatever reason he said "I decided to do the ultrasound today." I told him I was glad he was doing it. He read my report and he realized that the baby was measuring behind and said 'Well, you're still my favorite patient no matter what happens.' And then we looked at the ultrasound. Womp womp. It was very depressing.

Oh, Terri. I'm so, so sorry. My heart is broken for you. Man, life is just so unfair sometimes. I know there's nothing that we can say to make you feel better. :( I'm praying for you.

Terri - I'm so so sorry. My heart breaks for you. I was so hoping it wouldn't turn out this way. Are you just going to stop your meds and see what happens or are they recommending a D&C?

:hugs:

:cry:terri- I'm so sorry. I wish there were words that could help ease the heart ache. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

My nurse just called me and I'm going to try to get in for a d&c as soon as possible (maybe Monday or Tuesday). Of course, they offered genetic testing, but I'm over everything and especially spending money on this process. So....off to the trash can my remains will go. It doesn't matter. I am PRETTY sure this was our last chance. I don't want to do it again and now I wish I had never even gotten pregnant. I wish I was just one of those people who wished and wished for two pink lines but never got them. I think that would be easier than what I'm feeling right now.

And once again, of all weekends. I was going to call my Godmother and go visit her in Philadelphia because this is her first Mother's day without her mom, but now I just don't know if I can do it. She was also going to give me a picture of my mom from the funeral home, but I think it might just have to wait a weekend, and I'll just call her instead and maybe go visit next weekend.

Oh Terri. I was so hoping for another outcome. I am so, so sorry. This is so unfair. My heart is breaking for you. I wish there was something I could do. Just know that whatever you choose or happens we will be here. I hope you can get some cuddles with Fun tonight.

Terri - I'm so sorry, I know exactly how you're feeling. I've often wondered if it would have been easier for it not work in the first place, then to feel and go through the loss. My insurance company covered the genic tissue testing. It might be worth it especially if you don't have to pay for it.

terri - my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't know of many words to say....except that we all know miscarriage (and infertility) isn't fair, and we all want to support you in any way we can.

Take time for yourself this weekend. Do what you need to do. Visits can wait another weekend, if you need time to yourself.

Please know lots of people are praying for you and thinking about you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->