First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Terri - How was last night with your Dad? I hope he's being sensitive about what you're going through. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Beagle - A massage sounds like a great gift. Jealous. I asked for a mani/pedi because I didn't want my DH to spend money on something like flowers. I'll go this weekend or next week before my trip. Oh, and I've noticed the out of breath thing after eating too much, which I think Babywhisperer mentioned.

JCM - Get bouncing, girl! :)

Babywhisperer - Glad you had a great vacation. That's so scary about the plane, though. Yikes. Hmm. So, you think registering for clothes is important? Someone told me the opposite. I put some basic onesies and things on there but that's about it.

Erin - Registering is overwhelming. I tried to get the bigger items out of the way, first, and did some research at home in smaller chunks. Then, when I went to the actual store, I didn't feel as crazy. I also registered for both an infant and toddler car seat, like babywhisperer suggested. I ended up going with babies r us and amazon. Oh - and you mentioned the glucose test. I had to drink the drink for mine and so did my sister. If you fail, then you go back for a second test and have to sit there for 3-4 hours.

As I said above, I had my glucose test this morning. Results in 1-2 days. My fingers are crossed! I also asked AGAIN about flying next week because of my placenta previa. They reassured me that as long as I take it easy and have no bleeding, that I should be fine. Question for you ladies - are you planning on taking any birthing classes? My hospital offers a 1-day class that includes the hospital tour that I'm thinking about taking...

kfs I do plan on doing a class. They offer a one day crash course or a 4 week weekly night class. The tour is separate & I think they also have breastfeeding classes.

Jen-Yay, she'll be here soon. I agree with the others; walk, bounce, do what you have to do and she'll be ready to pop out. I can't wait.

ERose-I have medical insurance, but I don't have prescription money. That is the most expensive part, so this year is done. Maybe next January we will have another plan and it will be more accommodating. This insurance bites the big one.

BabyW-Thanks. Welcome back. Glad you had a wonderful vacation. Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. Oh, and I did find out that genetic testing is covered 85% by my insurance, but I don't care to have it done. Something was wrong, it self-imploded. The end. I don't need to know why because I can't fix genetic/chromosomal problems. I'm not taking any special vitamins and neither is my husband. If it happens again, it happens again. There is nothing I can do about it and I'm not really that curious. It doesn't matter to me. And, I'm happy it happened sooner rather than later. Having a dot leaving my body is easier for me than having a recognizable baby leave, so I'm ok with it.

My d&c is scheduled for tomorrow around 10:45. I hope I don't have that weird lady anesthesiologist again. That is the part I'm dreading. If that goes well, it'll be smooth sailing. I should be ok to come back to work on Friday but I'm planning on just sitting around and not doing too much if I am here. I'll write when I am on my way home.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Please update us. kfs1-Was the shower this past weekend? Krissy-How are you feeling? LadySosa-Anything new going on? booger/Amy-yoohoo!

terri - I hope everything goes okay tomorrow, all things considering, and you are able to recover. I understand where you coming from, not wanting to do more screening. It sounds as if you have come to peace, and sometimes you don't need "more answers" if the outcome is the same.
You have always had such a positive attitude, and I am glad to see you doing things as a couple. I hope adopting Fun brings joy to y'all too.

------------------------

Tomorrow I meet with the REI to do a mock transfer (my IUIs have been rather prolonged due to difficulty inserting the catheter.....so not looking forward to that part).....then some basic labs.....and then meet with the nurse to go over my calendar and medications. Should be a pretty busy day!

Have waited for the medications all afternoon and the shipment just got to the door. Got my Yeti box of goodies! :haha:

I am trying to "cheat" and find out my dosages/protocol before tomorrow haha....I know I start lupron Friday. I have been on BCP. I also received menopur, gonal f, crinone, and trigger shot. The Rx was written for menopur 75 and gonal f 150. I KNOW the dosages can change as stimming starts.....but not going to lie, I am pretty nervous that I will under stim. I responded well to clomid on low dosages....so I just get nervous that they may start me out slow given I responded to 50mg clomid.....know what I mean?

Then I tell myself to stop thinking about all that, and to trust my team......I am just ready to learn more tomorrow and get this started.

I wasn't sure what kind of progesterone I was going to get....even though I heard crinone is really messing and kinda gross, I was not looking forward to IM shots!

Terri- you are in my thoughts and prayers this morning. ♡

Mrs L.- so excited you are getting started! Good luck stimming. And yay for no pio!! Months later my backside still feels sensitive.

Terri - Best of luck to you today :hugs: you seem to be handling all of this amazingly strongly, so I hope it's a quick and (relatively) easy procedure for you.

AFM - Just waiting out this cycle (CD10) so we can start our first transfer cycle. FXed!

L - once you get to IVF, you get pretty excited & anxious. I did Crinone with no issues. I wore a pantyliner most days.

Krissy - good luck on transfer...time seems to go slow when you are waiting. I think you have a great shot.

Terri - thinking of you :) <3

Trying to get stuff done at work & personally today to get ready...headed for the mountains in the AM!

Jen-Yay, she'll be here soon. I agree with the others; walk, bounce, do what you have to do and she'll be ready to pop out. I can't wait.

ERose-I have medical insurance, but I don't have prescription money. That is the most expensive part, so this year is done. Maybe next January we will have another plan and it will be more accommodating. This insurance bites the big one.

BabyW-Thanks. Welcome back. Glad you had a wonderful vacation. Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. Oh, and I did find out that genetic testing is covered 85% by my insurance, but I don't care to have it done. Something was wrong, it self-imploded. The end. I don't need to know why because I can't fix genetic/chromosomal problems. I'm not taking any special vitamins and neither is my husband. If it happens again, it happens again. There is nothing I can do about it and I'm not really that curious. It doesn't matter to me. And, I'm happy it happened sooner rather than later. Having a dot leaving my body is easier for me than having a recognizable baby leave, so I'm ok with it.

My d&c is scheduled for tomorrow around 10:45. I hope I don't have that weird lady anesthesiologist again. That is the part I'm dreading. If that goes well, it'll be smooth sailing. I should be ok to come back to work on Friday but I'm planning on just sitting around and not doing too much if I am here. I'll write when I am on my way home.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Please update us. kfs1-Was the shower this past weekend? Krissy-How are you feeling? LadySosa-Anything new going on? booger/Amy-yoohoo!

I understand and respect your position. I will be thinking of you today and hope all goes smoothly. xo

Hi ladies! :hi:

I have fallen behind again after I said I wouldn't - I have been reading but not posting. :blush:

Terri - I hope things go smoothly for you today. My thoughts are with you. You are a strong lady and always seem to handle things with such grace. :hugs:

KrissyB - Your transfer shouldn't be too far away now! I don't think I ever said congrats to you for both of your embryos getting to blast stage. That's awesome! :happydance:

jkb - I still have a numb spot on both of my hips from my PIO shots. I guess I must have hit a nerve on both sides at some point. Hopefully, they heal at some point. :nope:

MrsL4 - Your dosages sound pretty normal and I think it's better to start there and increase as needed. They'll monitor you pretty closesly to see how your respond. It's much easier said than done but try not to stress about it too much. :thumbup:

Beagle - I think you mentioned this before but our vacations must be at the same time. We fly out next Thursday morning and then come back on May 30. Only one more week to go. I cannot wait. So ready for a break.

kfs - I hope you passed your glucose test! I definitely plan on taking a birthing class. I'm still way out but I've been thinking quite a bit as to what course of action I want to take - unmedicated or medicated. So depending on that, I'll have to pick a birthing class that addresses those particulars. Have fun on your trip!!!

JCM - Bounce away and keep us updated!!

Babywhisperer - Glad you had such a nice trip! Although your landing sounds awful. My DH hates flying so I'm always scared we're going to have a rough landing and he'll never fly again.

Erin - I'm glad your trip home was a good visit. I can't wait for mine next week. It's been way too long and I love going to KY this time of year. Even though I know it's been hot, it's not crazy humid yet. Although I guess you're used to that living in FL. After living in the arid West for 14 years now I'm a humidity wimp.

Amy - I don't think I've posted since you decided to cycle again. :flower: I'm happy you and you DH are going to have another go with PGS this time. :hugs: And hooray for escaping jury duty. :thumbup:

Hello to sars, LasySosa, and Mrs W!!! I hope you're all doing well!

Things are still crazy at work for me - which is a good things because the days go fast but it's also been a little stressful. That's why I'm so ready for our trip next week.

This past weekend was nice. We got about half of our garden planted and I also got about half of my flowers planted. I'll do the rest of the garden this weekend and then the rest of my flowers when we get back from KY. We also went camping last weekend with some friends and that was a lot of fun. They have a 4-yr old little girl is just a hoot. We're also trying to plan a backpacking trip for the end of June/early July to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary. We'll see where we end up. My pack will have to be pretty light and we'll need to avoid any super strenuous climbs but I am looking forward to it - I just love summer in the mountains. There's nothing like camping next to a beautiful mountain lake in the middle of nowhere with nobody else around. The stars are just phenomenal - now I'm day dreaming!

Oh, I think I'll finally have to start telling people at work about my pregnancy when we return from KY. I'm guessing it's going to be hard to hide at that point. All of my normal clothes still fit fine but my jeans are starting to get a little tight in the waist. We'll see. I'll be just about 17 weeks then so it's probably time anyway. A group of us went to lunch yesterday at a local brewery and I was the only one who didn't have a beer and of course, they asked if I was pregnant. I said "If I were pregnant, do you really think this is they way I would tell you? By not drinking beer?" Then one gals says "If you ever get pregnant, you have to tell us right away. None of this waiting until you're 3 months in crap." :haha:

Hi ladies! :hi:

I have fallen behind again after I said I wouldn't - I have been reading but not posting. :blush:

Terri - I hope things go smoothly for you today. My thoughts are with you. You are a strong lady and always seem to handle things with such grace. :hugs:

KrissyB - Your transfer shouldn't be too far away now! I don't think I ever said congrats to you for both of your embryos getting to blast stage. That's awesome! :happydance:

jkb - I still have a numb spot on both of my hips from my PIO shots. I guess I must have hit a nerve on both sides at some point. Hopefully, they heal at some point. :nope:

MrsL4 - Your dosages sound pretty normal and I think it's better to start there and increase as needed. They'll monitor you pretty closesly to see how your respond. It's much easier said than done but try not to stress about it too much. :thumbup:

Beagle - I think you mentioned this before but our vacations must be at the same time. We fly out next Thursday morning and then come back on May 30. Only one more week to go. I cannot wait. So ready for a break.

kfs - I hope you passed your glucose test! I definitely plan on taking a birthing class. I'm still way out but I've been thinking quite a bit as to what course of action I want to take - unmedicated or medicated. So depending on that, I'll have to pick a birthing class that addresses those particulars. Have fun on your trip!!!

JCM - Bounce away and keep us updated!!

Babywhisperer - Glad you had such a nice trip! Although your landing sounds awful. My DH hates flying so I'm always scared we're going to have a rough landing and he'll never fly again.

Erin - I'm glad your trip home was a good visit. I can't wait for mine next week. It's been way too long and I love going to KY this time of year. Even though I know it's been hot, it's not crazy humid yet. Although I guess you're used to that living in FL. After living in the arid West for 14 years now I'm a humidity wimp.

Amy - I don't think I've posted since you decided to cycle again. :flower: I'm happy you and you DH are going to have another go with PGS this time. :hugs: And hooray for escaping jury duty. :thumbup:

Hello to sars, LasySosa, and Mrs W!!! I hope you're all doing well!

Things are still crazy at work for me - which is a good things because the days go fast but it's also been a little stressful. That's why I'm so ready for our trip next week.

This past weekend was nice. We got about half of our garden planted and I also got about half of my flowers planted. I'll do the rest of the garden this weekend and then the rest of my flowers when we get back from KY. We also went camping last weekend with some friends and that was a lot of fun. They have a 4-yr old little girl is just a hoot. We're also trying to plan a backpacking trip for the end of June/early July to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary. We'll see where we end up. My pack will have to be pretty light and we'll need to avoid any super strenuous climbs but I am looking forward to it - I just love summer in the mountains. There's nothing like camping next to a beautiful mountain lake in the middle of nowhere with nobody else around. The stars are just phenomenal - now I'm day dreaming!

Oh, I think I'll finally have to start telling people at work about my pregnancy when we return from KY. I'm guessing it's going to be hard to hide at that point. All of my normal clothes still fit fine but my jeans are starting to get a little tight in the waist. We'll see. I'll be just about 17 weeks then so it's probably time anyway. A group of us went to lunch yesterday at a local brewery and I was the only one who didn't have a beer and of course, they asked if I was pregnant. I said "If I were pregnant, do you really think this is they way I would tell you? By not drinking beer?" Then one gals says "If you ever get pregnant, you have to tell us right away. None of this waiting until you're 3 months in crap." :haha:

If your jeans are still fitting that's impressive. I hope you're feeling good and have a great trip!!

As far as a birthing class, we did a 1 day class at my Dr's office...it helped to know what to expect when you go into labor, what they do when you arrive at the hospital, the epidural procedure, contractions.....what I will say is that everything gets thrown out the window when its go time. Breathing exercises don't really help unless you have been doing them or yoga for years and can resist the reflex to hold your breath thru the pain...It helped to know when a contraction started it got worse then better...but I was having contractions 1 on top of another when I was getting closer to fully dilated. It definitely took the edge off my ners to know what to expect though, away from that I didn't really use much of what they taught. Just remember this, no matter how bad the pain, there is an end to it. You will all have amnesia to how bad it truly was when you hold that baby. I'm already thinking about #3...should we, could we, are we tempting fate? We'll see how this one sleeps...that will make or break it for us.

Terri - I'm thinking of you today. I hope you're doing ok. :hugs:

Waiting in the room for my trial transfer.... Bladder isn't full enough!!

Hi Terri! Hope you're feeling decent!!!

I'm bouncing away. I had a little flu bug yesterday but today I have SO much energy. I've been walking, running errands, shopping, lunching, pedicuring (I made that word up) and now I'm home bouncing on my ball watching mad men. Where did this energy come from? I've missed it for 9 months! Anyway, after throwing up all day yesterday I definitely feel like a new human.

Oh by the way I don't know if I told you all this but red raspberry leaf tea gave me the worst diarrhea of my life. Be careful with that stuff!

My d&c was easy today. There were two other people having retrievals and one was aspirating a cyst. Yes, I'm so nosy. My doctor was the one to do my d&c. He really likes me. They had another doctor scheduled to do it, but my doc came down. I thought that was nice. I feel physically fine. My recovery has been much easier than a retrieval so I'm pleased about that. Back to work tomorrow. I'm just relaxing for the rest of the night.

I only cried once and that was right before I went in for he procedure. Oh, so many of you don't know that I'm always cold and have really poor circulation in my hands (except when prego for a month). Well, they put the pulse clip on my finger to watch it during the procedure. It was so cold in the OR that I didn't have any blood in my fingers and they couldn't get a good reading. They had to clip it to my ear!! That made me laugh a little.

The guys are watching basketball and Fun is snoozing. Things are good.

My d&c was easy today. There were two other people having retrievals and one was aspirating a cyst. Yes, I'm so nosy. My doctor was the one to do my d&c. He really likes me. They had another doctor scheduled to do it, but my doc came down. I thought that was nice. I feel physically fine. My recovery has been much easier than a retrieval so I'm pleased about that. Back to work tomorrow. I'm just relaxing for the rest of the night.

I only cried once and that was right before I went in for he procedure. Oh, so many of you don't know that I'm always cold and have really poor circulation in my hands (except when prego for a month). Well, they put the pulse clip on my finger to watch it during the procedure. It was so cold in the OR that I didn't have any blood in my fingers and they couldn't get a good reading. They had to clip it to my ear!! That made me laugh a little.

The guys are watching basketball and Fun is snoozing. Things are good.

I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been. You are incredibly strong and sensible. I hope you take it easy this weekend. :hugs:

MrsL-I hope the mock transfer ended up being ok. It should be a pretty quick procedure, and you know for the real deal to just drink a lot of water. If you have to go pee, just ask them, and they'll let you go. Mine was super full and I thought I was going to pee on the table, so they set me free to release a few squirts. HA!!HA!!

booger-I laughed about your coworkers. Good one! Do you have those rubber bands/hair ties? People use those to undo their pants. If you're not ready to buy new pants, you can do that trick, maybe. You probably already know that though. You're doing awesome.

Jen-Hope this week is it. I'm guessing you're going to have to have this baby on the 19th. It's a wonderful day to be born. Anytime in May is awesome though. Hopefully things will get moving soon. :flower:

:hugs: Glad to hear you're hanging in there so Terri, and that the worst is behind you. You are one amazing and strong lady :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->