First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Of course, now I'm looking into ways to get cheap drugs. :wacko: What is wrong with me?

Morning, ladies!!

Terri - I'm glad your procedure went smoothly. :hugs: I might have to start using the hairband/elastic thingie here soon! So far I haven't been uncomfortable but I imagine I will be soon

MrsL - I hope your mock transfer went well. The full bladder is no fun but like Terri, my doctor always let me empty a little bit if it was too uncomfortable.

babywhisperer - I figured the birth plan stuff probably goes out the window once you go into labor - especially the first time. How can anyone really prepare for something they have no idea what it's going to be like or how it's going to go?? I figure I at least want to know "how things are supposed to go". Haha.

Beagle - Looks like I was wrong and you and your DH are on vacation now! Woohoo! Enjoy.

It's so cliche but I am so happy it's Friday. Even though it supposed to rain all weekend, I don't care.

Of course, now I'm looking into ways to get cheap drugs. :wacko: What is wrong with me?

Ahem. I have a box and a half of menopur and I believe almost 2 full pens of gonal f. No pressure, of course. Just sayin'. :hugs:

Kfs--OMG, I love you! Thanks. I'll probably be in touch. Am I ok, for real? Am I crazy?

That's an awesome idea, kfs!
What meds were you on, Terri?

Hi ladies,

Crazy busy week between work and the DH's birthday.

Terri, I'm happy to hear that things went as best as one can hope. Your strength and practicality amaze me. I also like that you're looking into discount meds =) I've got a Ganirelix as well as a partially used Follistim. I haven't been able to bring myself to throw that puppy out since it is cost $1800 if I recall. I applied for several discount programs. We unfortunately didn't qualify for much. But my RE did take pity on me and donate me one Follistim, so I only ended up spending $2,500 on the meds versus the estimated $5,000.

If you're serious try talking to your doctor. They often have discount cards, donated meds and programs they can suggest. Two my doctor suggested were Glen Rock Pharmacy and Mandell's. They had great pricing and overnight shipping. We applied for the First Steps discount program.

Hi to everyone!! I'm swamped today at work but I have been following along.

MrsL: Hope your mock transfer went well.

Beagle: Enjoy that vacation!

Booger: Glad to hear you resurface and that you are feeling well. I chuckled about your coworkers. Any reason you haven't shared yet? I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and it is still hard to tell in most outfits. All my coworkers know but I deal with a ton of folks outside my office professionally. No one would dare ask for risk of offending me. I hope you enjoy your trip back home.

BabyW: Glad your trip was such a success.

Jen: I hope you're hanging in there.

Hi to everyone else!

I forget who asked about classes. I signed up yesterday for a childbirth class that's like Beagle said either 4 weeks or one intensive day. And for a free labor and delivery unit tour class. I figured I have no idea how I'll react in the moment but information helps.

We picked up our glider over the weekend and it is awesome. We're having some challenges with our narrow old house doorways at the moment. So it is in the hall. I'm hoping it eventually makes it in there.

Our stroller arrived yesterday bc my MIL is nuts and was worried someone else was going to buy it. I'm worried bc the Amazon return window is only 90 days. What if the baby arrives and we hate it?

Hope everyone is dong well.

You guys are making me cry (as I jot down notes of what everyone has offered me). hee hee. Thank you SO much. I'm going to talk to hubs tonight (I'm sure he'll be up for trying again), and see what he says. Most of the time I make the decisions and he provides the sample, so I'm sure he'll be ok with it. I am also still waiting for my PGS deposit since I didn't use it last time, but I will put it in the bank and save it.

I was telling ERose that if I can get cheap/discount meds, I promise to follow through with PGS no matter what. It's the least I can do so I hopefully won't have to go through this nightmare again.

Krissy-I was taking GonalF/Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and then a generic HCG trigger shot. My friend just finished her third IUI and she has unlimited prescription coverage, and she also offered me some Gonal F yesterday, so this might work out for me.

sars-thanks for the scoop on those discount programs. I don't think I would qualify, but it's worth applying. Why would you hate the stroller? I'm sure it'll be fine, although I have no idea about all that stuff.

I feel like I'm jinxing myself to give away my remaining meds atm... even though I'm not even sure/doubt I'd be on the same protocol if I do have to stim agan. But if things work out for me or in the next month or two and you haven't started stimming yet, I could pass long more follistim, menopur.... and I think 1 or 2 ganirelix for you.

Sure Terri. When we got rejected my doctor seemed surprised and said you must make a lot of money. We don't. We make decent money but it is definitely a middle class lifestyle. So, it is always worth a shot.

I don't know much about strollers either. I just feel like you can't really get a sense of how you like it/ if it works for your needs until you're using it. DH was joking we should put Fen in the stroller and take him for a spin. I do not think he'd appreciate that.

Sure Terri. When we got rejected my doctor seemed surprised and said you must make a lot of money. We don't. We make decent money but it is definitely a middle class lifestyle. So, it is always worth a shot.

I don't know much about strollers either. I just feel like you can't really get a sense of how you like it/ if it works for your needs until you're using it. DH was joking we should put Fen in the stroller and take him for a spin. I do not think he'd appreciate that.

I might be able to help, which stroller?

Good morning ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA. Quietly following along but haven't had much time to post. I'm glad everyone's progressing well.

Terri - your strength and perseverance amaze me. Keep up that positive spirit! You are an inspiration to us all.

I am still dealing with work stresses, it just drains me completely. I don't have the energy to even think about my next round or get excited. Our house is a disaster and I just have no energy to clean when I get home from work! And that mess is stressing me out even more...I know I'm starting Lupron in a little less than 2 weeks. Hard to get excited about it...but hopefully I'll be feeling more positive when transfer comes. Also I think my birth control is making me more emotional than usual...(i.e. almost bursting into tears after I see a gazillion pregnant bellies at the park)

Good morning ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA. Quietly following along but haven't had much time to post. I'm glad everyone's progressing well.

Terri - your strength and perseverance amaze me. Keep up that positive spirit! You are an inspiration to us all.

I am still dealing with work stresses, it just drains me completely. I don't have the energy to even think about my next round or get excited. Our house is a disaster and I just have no energy to clean when I get home from work! And that mess is stressing me out even more...I know I'm starting Lupron in a little less than 2 weeks. Hard to get excited about it...but hopefully I'll be feeling more positive when transfer comes. Also I think my birth control is making me more emotional than usual...(i.e. almost bursting into tears after I see a gazillion pregnant bellies at the park)

Now you'll get prego! When life is a mess and everything is disorganized it when it will happen. When you can't afford it, when you're changing jobs, or when you're not feeling good....that's when it happens!

LadySosa-I agree with Babyw. hee hee. It's bound to happen now. Just write your list (same directions as before) and check those bad boys off one at a time. Vacuum-check, take dishes out of dishwasher-check, sweep one room-check. Altogether it's overwhelming, but if I can do one thing, I feel accomplished (and able to watch one episode of Modern Family!). <3

Krissy-Don't worry...I'll find a way to get my meds, and if I have to buy fewer through my plan, it's still not the exorbitant rates that they are trying to gouge me with. You worry about yourself first. I, of course, was all ready to pass on my meds, so glad I still have them.

Terri you are NOT crazy. I think I have Repronex left and some Bravelle but I'll need to check.

I had sex yesterday and it was hilarious. There is nothing romantic about trying to go into labor with sex. It's even less romantic than trying to make a baby. I walked all day again, had a foot massage at reflexology and now I'm bouncing waiting for DH to get home. Haha I'm sure he's pleased!

BabyW: It is the BOB Revolution Pro Single stroller. It is the SE Revolution version with adjustable handle bars and a hand brake. I'm a shorty and it is very hilly where we live.

Terri - I already donated my meds to another TTC in need. But I do have some crinone if you need it. This feels like the end of It's A Woderful Life when they pass the basket! :) Check out meds overseas...I think Jen saved a ton like that. Also I know you say you are against it, but I would really talk to your dr about some supplements for you & husband for egg & sperm quality. I know it doesn't seem like it will matter, but I think it could...what could it hurt???

We left at 8 am & got to our cabin at check in...3 pm. We made tons of stops from my roadside website. Lots of fun. We let the dogs out around the lake & now everyone is passed out from our day. The cabin this time has a huge yard. My dogs are going to love it. We didn't do much planning, so we need to figure out what we are doing.

So glad to be away from work. We had this huge deal closing next week I have been working on. My boss left early to go deep sea fishing & off today. He had the nerve to give me crap about going to lunch at 11:30 instead of waiting for him to leave so he could call on me when he felt like. I said I am leaving for time off too I have things to do. So annoying. I was there at 8 & started working on last minute things all morning. While I watched him walk in at 9...chit chat with some co workers...talk about other deals he was trying to get done. UGH! Just glad to be off. And not going back until next Tuesday because of Memorial Day!

BabyW: It is the BOB Revolution Pro Single stroller. It is the SE Revolution version with adjustable handle bars and a hand brake. I'm a shorty and it is very hilly where we live.

I like reading reviews on Amazon, it's a great way to see how many have reviewed it and the breakdown as far as rating (what % 5 stars, %4 stars...). I would think this is a great stroller but you may want to get an umbrella stroller as well. My parents use the Joovy umbrella stroller for Jack as it's light, has a carrying strap and is more compact for travel. We borrowed it for vacay. The size of your car/trunk is also a factor to consider. I know people have it and love it for going off sidewalks and onto paths and trails. Since I work, my nanny uses our Uppababy more than we do and she loves the fact the basket underneath can hold the diaper bag and other stuff for long walks and hours at the park. The Citi select basket underneath is curves and can't fit a diaper bag which means putting it on the handles and having to be careful it doesn't tip. I think you will really like this stroller seeing that you are very active and like to run. This is why I almost always buy this kind of stuff on CL...NYC always had people selling 1yr old expensive strollers that have been barely used...just in case I hate something I didn't spend full retail and you can always sell on CL. The Bob Revolution looks like a very highly rated stroller with a lot of satisfied owners.

If anyone has questions about baby monitors also feel free to ask, been thru 1 and onto our 2nd which was much better than our 1st. We love the Summer Infant with 2 cameras and split screen for when baby comes. Great customer service too. Motorola sucks. Their customer service is the worst. Battery life awful.

Diaper bags...we love the Pottery Barn canvas one...it's huge w/ a ton of pockets, easy to clean, and not heavy like leather or with a lot of hardware. It holds so much friends have returned theirs for this one. We carry a diaper changing pad that has a fold out mat and compartment for diapers and wipes. It makes it easy to grab just that to hit the bathroom w/ the baby. https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...r-buddy-changing-pad/3246244?categoryId=32077

And love our white noise machine for Jack's room since our house has wood floors and they creak...he sleeps well with it. We don't have to tip toe past his room.

https://www.amazon.com/BOB-Revolution-Single-Stroller-Orange/dp/B004DC9TAI This is the review that is probably the most detailed for you.

How was everyone's weekend? Terri how are you doing lady? Jen you still preggers? Bounce away girl and get some acupuncture! The point I had done were in between my thumb and forefinger, around my ankles, in my trapezius muscle and another spot. My gut says you go this week. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->