First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

LadySosa-Aww...I'm glad you said no as well. It is an unnatural process, so I like leaving some things as a surprise. I hear you too on an inanimate speck. :hugs: Congrats on the condo and getting everything set up. You are going to have an awesome summer.

beagle-Nice job getting invitations sent out and getting the pavilion rented. You are such a good planner.

I had my hcg bloodwork done this morning. I almost forgot about it, and got to my work exit, and had to get back in the other lane because I have to go three more exits to my clinic. My fave phlebotomist was there, and I told her I almost forgot we had a hot date! hee hee. She was surprised I wasn't there first thing in the morning, so she knew something was up. She thought I was going to stand her up. I told her I'd see her mid July to get started again.

We leave for Mexico on Wednesday morning. I'm happy to be going on vacation. My dad thought he was going to leave this weekend, but I went to his condo yesterday and he still has quite a bit of stuff to do, so I'll help him clean up (his tenants left a lot of junk), and hopefully he will be ready to go by Monday or Tuesday. He told me that he was going to have a light blue accent around the condo, but when I got there, he had like a light beige wall and a bright sky blue trim. Everywhere!! I was like 'um...this is interesting' but the new tenants can redo it. I think I thought that blue was just going in the bathroom. HA! Thankfully he already has several people interested in renting. The owners of the overall buildings haven't changed a thing since the late 80s. The whole place is so dated. They don't care about that place at all. There were a lot of minorities living there so they are probably just happy to be collecting maintenance fees from everyone and not actually doing maintenance. I was shocked that it looks just like I remember it when we came to visit my dad so long ago. I could never live there. People have torn blinds, no blinds (plastic hanging on the windows), terrible curtains, etc..

Happy hour/bridal shower for my coworker tonight, and then it's the weekend! Have a great one, ladies.

Terri have fun on vacation.

I don't feel like a good planner. I feel like time is just slipping by. But all will work itself out. I am getting quite a few rsvps, so I am really excited about that. I am just happy to do exactly what I want for the "shower".

Lady - good choice on not choosing. My clinic doesn't allow it...they just pick the best one. I was so sure of a positive, I had no worries about finding out the gender on transfer day...but I totally get your cautiousness. They told me the other one was a girl & I was a bit bummed they told me...but after everything is said & done, it is exciting to know she is waiting on us. To each his own, but personally, I have had so much fun knowing the gender early on. At first I thought I didn't want to know until the 20 week u/s. But ultimately, we decided, we spent so much money & couldn't get to enjoy getting pregnant the natural fun way, so we get to know the gender from day 1 unlike the natural pregnancy couples. We just saw it as an extra special bonus.

My doc said all three remaining are the same quality, so she offered the choice. I'm glad I declined, the more I think about it. DH was like, "we already have a girl name picked out, you should've gone with girl!"

Terri - enjoy your vacay! I'm so jelly!! Mexico sounds like a blast. What will the weather be like? What part are you going again? Yikes on the condo building. That scares me about our new condo - the HOA is really out of your hands as an owner. With a house its all on you - you can decide to paint your home, fix the roof, whatever, but with a condo you only have a fraction of the decision-making ability for the exterior/common areas.

Beagle - I second Terri - you are a planner indeed! Your BBQ sounds fun and I'm glad you're getting a lot of RSVPs!

Afm, I had my final appointment before transfer today! My uterine lining is nice and thick and everything is still going according to plan! Just need to wait on estrogen results later today. Tonight is the last night of Lupron, and I start Crinone tomorrow. Then transfer is less than a week away! The only complication is that my beta will be set for July 4th, and we were planning to be in Cannon Beach that weekend. So my choice was either 1) go in on the 3rd but the results wouldn't be guaranteed or 2) go in the following Monday and the results would be guaranteed of course but I'd have to wait longer! So I went with option #2. I'll still do an at-home test that weekend, just to appease my curious mind. :)

Tonight we are headed to a beer festival with some friends. This will be the last bit of alcohol I'll drink! Then early tmro we are headed down to Cannon Beach to get our keys and start moving in! So excited!

Anyone else with fun plans for the weekend??

Lady - you never really know. I wanted a girl...my mom has no grand daughters...just 2 boys. I had a name picked out, too. But then I got closer...figured out my boy name...then instantly I was like feeling it was going to be a boy. Either way you will be thrilled of course. But you do at least know one thing...you have at least one of each!

So funny thing about the name Derek...(after Jeter of course)...I always really disliked the name...like a lot. Then I figured out the middle name Cooper for Cooperstown & instantly I was in love. Well I watch the Netflix series Derek. The series finale was just completed & the character had a baby & named it after the lead character Derek...who is like a 40 year old man but kind of slow but a heart of pure gold. The last line was something like her saying she hopes the baby lives up to who she named him after because Derek is a god awful name. Me & my husband found that hilarious. Now I am trying to onvince everyone to call him Derek but they all want to call him DC. Not sure how it will go...funny with names...you really don't know what you will finally call the baby...sometimes it is just a nickname.

I am going to a comedy club tonight...so much fun. Then early to my moms tomorrow. She wants to go to the beach...ugh...I don't plan to really swim because of the shark thing.

Hi ladies:)

Lady!! Your so close! I xant wait for your transfer. I agree, you did the right thing bu not picking the gender. Some things can still be a nice surprise for us ivf moms! Hope you enjoy your new condo! Im dying to get to the beach!

Erin- i loooovvvveee owens new pics! He has such a perfect little face. You look great btw! Loving the bump!!

Terri- hope you have a great vacation! ! Be sure to upload us a pic when you get home!!

Beagle- u look great in your pic too! Hope hubby gets home fast for you.

Baby w- sorry for the work drama. Hope they come around and start being respectful to you.

Nothing new with me. Thankful my littlesweetie seems to be growing and doing well:) next check up is next week.

Lady - I was of the exact same mindset with gender. I was afraid about knowing too much if it didn't work. Since we have a girl already, our plan was that they'd pick the healthiest one, if two were identical they'd go with the boy, but they absolutely wouldn't tell me which they put in.
If I didn't have a kid already, I wouldn't have wanted to pick either way for the same reasons as you... just so much feels unnatural already lol. In the end since we only had two we didn't do PGS so I wont' know the gender anyway.

Terri - Enjoy Mexico!!

I think I asked this during the ER cycle, but what is everyone's view on drinking pre-transfer on an FET cycle? I have always been of the drink-til-its-pink mindset, but I dunno, I just thought I'd give it a little extra chance by basically not drinking at all this month. I mean, I'll probably have a drink or two on July 4th, but not our regular drinking frequency.

Krissy: I am giving myself a few days (like 5) before transfer to be booze free. I figure that'll be enough time to get it out of my system! My doc said there's no reason to abstain prior to, but I figure it's probably good for me to give my body a few days without.

Beta is 188!!!!! I am in total shock!!! Another one Wednesday to make sure it doubles. Today is 9pt5dt.

Mrs L - that is GREAT!! Congratulations! So excited for you!!!

MrsL, I am SOO happy for this news!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats to you!! That's a good beta, so I'm feeling good about this for you.:thumbup:

Wonderful news Mrs L!! Congratulations! So excited for you!!!

Terri - I hope you have a great time in Mexico!!

Hi everyone :hi:

Mrs. L woohoo!! Great beta...the theory looks like it still holds....a bfp for every baby born! Got some July babies lined up so let's go!!!!

Terri have a great vacay, hope you have an awesome time.

Lady you are getting close!!!! I'm sure you are psyched to be done with the Lupron. Have a great weekend at the beach.

Beagle no going in the water! That shark sitch is bad news.

How is everyone doing??

Drama on the work front for me has ebbed somewhat, trader who is co-head of dept got involved and made my points very clear. The drama seems to be spreading to others on my desk. The frustration and disgust is building for everyone and I think it's coming to a head. I have a feeling my mgr will be demoted...but the Machiavellian pathological liar will be his replacement...sad to say this, it might be an upgrade.

On the baby front I have another growth scan tomorrow, crossing fingers she is adding weight nicely. I have had less movement the last 2 days but she's still moving around. The light fixtures were finally installed today!! Now the ceiling can be painted and crib assembled. Jack has been Captain Adorable lately. His 18mo appt was great, he's just shy of 35 inches tall!! He's in the 90s% for height and at 28lbs 5 oz more like 70s% for weight...tall boy. He's giving kisses more freely and talking more, and getting ornery when he is scolded or doesn't get his way. He is still a ball of energy, loves bath time so much he runs to the tub. It's getting harder to carry him and I just want to freeze time. 18mos went by in a blink. I have been prego for 18mos out of the last 2.5yrs...bananas. Baby girl seems to be off nerves for now which has helped a lot with how I feel. I worked from home Fri/Mon as has half my desk so I have had a lot of Jack time. My Mom said I'm dropping but I'm not really paying attention. One thing is for sure I do not look like I did when I was this prego with Jack...I'm much smaller, not coming out from the sides yet, you can see my abs on the side which is so weird since I wasn't in the best of shape when I got prego. Fatigue and being uncomfortable sitting or laying down is my worst complaint now...can't believe how close the day is. when the furniture is set up I will see what else I need as the clothes I have will be organized. Still need to get out the bins with Jack's old clothes to see what I can use for her. 2 close friends are due 7/1 and the other has a cs 7/2...her baby girl is transverse so this is her last week of work. Jack now pulls up my shirt and kisses my belly saying her name, it's adorable. When we ask where she is, he either points to his belly or mine. So dang cute I can't take it. I am really trying to cherish my last 4 weeks with just him...life is about to change in a major way for him too.

:wohoo: Two weeks to go! :wohoo:
Question for you ladies, does any one here have endometriosis (specifically any endometriomas). Did you get any side effects from Estrace? I've been getting a lot of aches and cramps, but I'm hoping it's just discomfort and not because the endos are getting bigger. I'll find out tomorrow during monitoring but I'm a bit nervous.

I did get in the water but not very deep. Hard to be at the beach in hat best and not get wet. And I got the tips of m my feet burned... Ugh. Anyways... Not much going on with me. Here is my latest bump pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20150622_202811.jpg
    IMG_20150622_202811.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 14
LadySosa-hope everything goes great on Thursday!! I'll be reading for updates when I return.

BabyW-Jack does sound so cute. Enjoy your last few weeks with one baby.

Krissy-woohoo!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->