First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Amy-oh I'm so glad your dog is ok after some fluids. $1600 is a lot, but we love our pups! I hope she comes home soon.

Amy - glad your pup is ok. I really just felt my dog needed fluids & the vet listened. I know my dog...he drinks tons & wasn't drinking much at all if any. Plus like I said, when they don't feel good their condition just gets worse & they don't feel like doing anything. Not like people where we know we have to force ourselves to eat or drink if we need it. $1600 is a lot but I bet it feels good to have it all checked out. After large vet bills I call my pup an asshole & kiss him :) ...after I know he is ok.

So my husband came up with a great solution. He needs to get some things tonight after work & I have a Red Lobster coupon. Not quite a beach buffet, but I can get my shrimp fix! But I may still go to MB. The only thing really stopping me is I know it will wipe me out & I will regret it when I have to go back to work feeling like I got no rest over the weekend.

Terri - sorry so long on the results. But we have 2 Oct due dates...one for you & one for Amy :)

Thanks mrs w! The contractions were exhausting last night but otherwise havent been bad. Its kinda crazy how long yhey can happen for without things progressing.

Terri- 2 weeks! Ughh! Sorry hun. I say make some fun plans, get that moyorcycle ride in and i hope it passes fast for you. Its so cruel to make you wait 2 weeks :(

My husband is a huge gamecock fan and their first game of the season starts tomorrow evening. At the dr everytime a contraction would happen he would literally hold his breath. Hes terrified shes gonna come tomorrow and he will miss the game! I would secretively love it;) if i were a week further:) i seriously become a widow during football season!

Jkb-my hubs went to Va. Tech and their game is Monday night at 8 against Ohio state! He's going to a friends house to watch and invited me. I'm like a) I don't care about college football and b) it's a weeknight! But, we're childless, so I'm going to go and have a fun time and stay up late. I can rest at work! Hee hee. I just hope va. tech wins because my hubs gets so obnoxious when they are losing/lose.

Beagle-yay for red lobster!! You're right about the two Oct. due dates so I need to relax. Hee hee.

Hope you have a great time terri! Love it, that you will rest at work!! And yes these guys take it so personal when their teams lose!

Amy - so glad to hear about your dog! My DH and I once went on a cruise and put the dogs in a kennel. Came back and one dog had horrific diarrhea with blood in it! We rushed him to the Vet ER hours that night.... over a thousand dollars later we were told we should feed him rice (they called it "Stress related colitis") and he'd be fine. LOL The things we do for our fuzzy loved ones.

Terri - Enjoy the game and the night out! It's definitely good to enjoy the little things and let loose :)

AFM - Still waiting on today's beta. I have a... :blush: delicate question for you ladies. Did any of you have pelvic rest after a transfer/FET? And how long were you on it. Two weeks for us is a bit of a long time... and we're both getting a bit restless lol

Amy: Glad your pup is OK. The huge vet bill is such a double-edged sword. Because you're so relieved it isn't anything serious but pissed you spent all that money and it was a simple thing.

JKB: How exciting. This little lady is finally going to make her appearance. She's certainly kept you on your toes. It sounds like you've got a great mindset going into delivery. You know all your options and what you'd hope to avoid. Are you settled on a name? My husband has joined three fantasy leagues this fall to keep him occupied. I love football, so I don't really mind. My BIL is a rabid Browns fan, God help him, and my SIL's water broke during a game.

Beagle: I also had an appointment where I had a bit of sugar in my urine and I measured 1 CM behind. A bit nerve wracking after all those normal appointments but the next one everything was fine. I'm not sure if you see the same doctor every time, but I've noticed every one in my practice is a tad different. They also said since I'd recently had an U/S that's more accurate. I wouldn't worry. Do you have a 34 week U/S scheduled? We go in Tuesday and see if baby is still breech, how big etc. Excited to see the little bugger. I say go to Myrtle and get your shrimp. You've got weeks to go.

Terri: That stinks about having to wait 2 weeks for the results. I was hoping you'd get them today or tomorrow. I think Beagle is right, this is all so you and Amy's BFP match up with the arrival of our babies. I'm happy to hear you're in better spirits.

Lady: Hope you're hanging in there. You have to do what feels right in your heart and makes you feel best. You'll know.

Today feels like a Friday. Hate that. Saturday is our six year wedding anniversary. We're going out to dinner Friday night to my favorite restaurant to celebrate. They make the most amazing cocktails, so I'm looking forward to some stellar mocktails.

A lot happening today...I will update briefly.

Sars - no u/s scheduled for me. Pretty much most cases are an initial & then anatomy scan. Otherwise none unless special circumstances. So trying to relax about it all. 2 weeks until another appt.

Krissy - my husband & I are not so active in the bedroom. So for us, it was easy to take a break. Also I was a little nervous, so I wanted to stay clear until 12 weeks. But I don't remember being told I had to refrain. Right now we are both sort of stressed...so I am trying to get a session in for us...but very hard since I am much bigger now & both of us so tired. But I think it would help my husband a lot to relieve some tension.

My work load is in the process of being deligated out for my leave. So trying to get that sorted. Not easy to do between 3 women. But whatever...the place can fall apart for all I care. Trying to get some things finished today & so ready for my 3 day weekend.

I don't know about MB because just being so tired. But I may just see what my mom thinks. I told my husband & he actually would feel better if I went. He says he feels bad I am at home alone so much with his schedule. I said not to feel bad...it feels great relaxing at home these days.

Krissy-My place said you can have sex one week after transfer, but all during stims and stuff, we had to have protected sex. They said they didn't want any poor quality sperm half fertilizing eggs when you're paying good money to choose the best. So..by now I would think you'd be fine. Two weeks after transfer seems like a long time.

sars-Happy Anniversary!!

My health network treats IVF as a high-risk pregnancy, so I've had lots of U/S. I don't really mind getting to see the baby extra. =)

Krissy, good luck on the beta. After my transfer, my RE said to wait a bit for my ovaries to go down. They got a bit over stimulated. I think it was a week. Otherwise, she said it was fine as long as there was no bleeding or pain.

So.... I'm excited, confused, nervous, and overwhelmed all at the same time.
My betas JUMPED to 814.
Which means I'm doing so well that I don't need more blood work.... and it means the next time I go in is for an ultrasound on 9/15 (my birthday )). That seems so far away... I'm anxious letting things go that long, which I know is silly...
LOL Just so much going on in my head right now. I was hoping for maybe 550, but I was also hoping for a first ultrasound sometime next week.

More good news is that I am officially off pelvic rest lol and all other non-pregnancy related restrictions. I even got my first official "congratulations"

Krissy- wonderful news! So happy for you!! We refrained from sex for a loooonnnggg time, but only because i had several early losses and i was everything and anything to prevent it. I say go with your instincts. If you feel fine then i say enjoy!

Sars- happy anniversary! Hope you have a fun night out!! We did decide on her name. We are sticking with Ellie Mae♡

Beagle- thats sweet of your hubs to be so considerate!

Amy- sorry it cost so much but im glad your pups is on yhe mend. Any medical care for ourselves and pets is so stinking expensive. It really frustrates me.

Had my US today:) sweet girl is measuring 6lbs and 9 oz!! Im just so happy she seems to be getting what she needs! Maybe my body has just been adjusting back to my regular size since i have been off the fertility meds, i had spent the past 6 years pretty much on something the whole time..... i dont know what else to think.

Congratulations Krissy!! Off restriction and official pregnancy!! :happydance: the 15th isn't that far off but I'm being really impatient about football so I understand. My team's first game is the 13th so very close!

Hi ladies!
Amy- SO glad your pup is ok. I hope she gets to come home soon. Glad it was nothing serious- but ugh, that's a hefty vet bill! We have doggy insurance that we can submit our bills for reimbursement. It works out well for us, but we haven't had to use it much yet (knock on wood). Although yesterday Chuck had his annual check up and he may need a tooth extracted, so he has a cleaning scheduled for next month and they may take the tooth out if it needs it.

Terri- sorry the results are taking so long. Why does it take so long? Are you getting excited for your trip out here?? The weather has been amazing the last couple days. Sunny, but you can feel a slight chill in the air. Fall is here!!!! Oh, and my hubs is a die hard OSU fan, sorry! Ha. We'll be watching that game and rooting for the Buckeyes. OSU will be good this year- VT may have a tough time....

Krissy- since I've always done FET my nurse says we can have sex immediately after transfer since my ovaries are just fine.

Sars- happy anniversary! Sounds like a fun date night. :)

Afm, still hanging in there. In the afternoons I feel like I am going to just fall asleep at my desk or even in meetings! I've been getting plenty of sleep but still feel wiped by the end of the day. Also my CM is really chunky and with a slight color (gross, I know), and I've not seen it like this before. Could this be a good thing?? Trying not to read into it too much...my beta test is Tuesday morning (I have the day off since it's my "flex" day) so I'll find out then. They wanted me to schedule it for Sunday, but we are going to be at the beach until Monday. So I will have to be patient for 2 more days....sigh...

Congrats Krissy!! That is wonderful news!!! And yay for no more "pelvic rest" LOL

Jkb- so happy for you! You've had a really tough road, I remember it all. You've come so far. Glad your gal is staying put while she grows stronger. And I LOVE the name Ellie. :)

Lady - I didn't have it but the change in cm can be a good sign. The tiredness could be as well but it could also be the estrogen. Tues will be coming fast!

LadySosa-So you have a really long weekend coming up. Woohoo! I was always really tired on my drive home from work. My drive is 20 minutes long adn sometimes I would think that i would need to pull off an exit and just rest. :haha: It still happens now though, so not sure what's up with that. HA!!HA!! Yes, all three of us are very excited about our trip. I think we're going to go to Sports Bar and Grill near the Space Needle. I have to check my FB to see if my middle/high school friends suggested anyplace else. I hate how I don't get notifications anymore when someone comments on a post made by me. Before I was getting too many notifications, and now I hardly get any. I think VT beat OSU a few years ago and it was the talk of the town. I think that was one of their few wins that year, so it didn't make any sense how they could beat a good team but not sucky teams. Oh well.

jkb-Yay for Miss Ellie being an appropriate size. My coworker told me that his baby boy was like 9 lbs+. I told him that was crazy because I was 9 lbs when I was 3. HA!!HA!! He's a big dude, and apparently his baby is too. He had a head full of hair.

AFM-AF is on her way for real today. I called my nurse to ask her if I should start taking pills today. She's really trying me because I don't want to wait any longer than I have to. So...if I don't get on pills now, I'll have to wait until next cycle to start pills, which would be the beginning of October. That's too far away. So..I hope she can tell me to come in for bloodwork/ultrasound or whatever and then start pills, and then when the results come back, I can either get started on my transfer protocol or stop pills forever. I liked my last nurse because she had been through this process, and she knew/knows how anxious people are about everything. My nurse now is nice, but just like a regular nurse. I'll call you when I can, and if I'm off, you'll just have to wait until I get back before you get a phone call. I bet they don't do the FET authorization until they get the results and I may have to wait. I will be so irritated if that's the case. blah blah fml..blah blah :wacko:

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I stayed late yesterday so Ill probably roll out of here soon after lunch. Enjoy your holidays!! Wear all the white pants and shoes you can!

Hi all..... I started lupron on 28 th August I had my period just now.....

I want to know " is it normal to have period after starting lupron?."

I need to continue this night dose or I need to stop it???

I'm really confused plzz ans me soon....

Ttc- yes, it is normal. I remember getting my period on Lupron and it freaked me out too, but yes, my nurse confirmed that was normal. Wouldn't hurt to double check with your nurse, too.

Ttc- yes, it is normal. I remember getting my period on Lupron and it freaked me out too, but yes, my nurse confirmed that was normal. Wouldn't hurt to double check with your nurse, too.

Thank you very much Sosa.....

Thanks for your quick reply. I got to know through Internet ( I'm so nervous and did some research)

This group is like a real life saver for me during my emotional rollarcoaster journey....

Thank you all for your great support:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->