• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Hi ladies! More details when I'm at home but Piper finally made her appearance yesterday evening at 9:22 pm. Most stubborn little thing ever. Everyone is doing well.

She weighed 8 lbs and 2 oz and is 21 inches long.

She is pretty sweet and we are in love.

YAY Booger!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and DH. She is so cute! I'm glad to hear you are both doing well. What a looong labor though. I'm glad you made it through! Can't wait to hear more.

Yay!!!! Glad you're ok! She's so sweet. Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations!!! So happy that everyone is doing well and Miss Piper arrived without issue. I am also eager to hear about everything. <3 :flower: :hugs:

Congratulations! She's adorable! Sheesh, what a long labor. Hope you're doing ok.

Welcome to the world, Piper!! Congratulations Booger! She is just a doll. SO glad you all are healthy and happy. Enjoy!

Ok ladies I caved and tested. I am 5dp5dfet and I think I see a faint line.

datetaken

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brighteyes21234/22838792287/in/datetaken/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brighteyes21234/23232954895/in/datetaken/

Congrats Booger!!!!! Piper is beautiful. I hope you're all doing well and getting rest. Nice work mama!

Hello ladies I got it finally my BFP :happydance:!!! I just figured out how to add a picture. :wacko: I am 6dp5dfet and a POAS addict:haha:

Attachments

• Test 1.jpg
    Test 1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 21
Hi ladies!!

Finally have a minute to do a quick update for you all. We are all at home and doing great. We came home yesterday afternoon. I have never been so ready to be back at my own house. The hospital was great and everyone we came into contact with there was beyond fantastic but I was still ready to get out of there.

Well, as you know, labor took a little while! But it was so worth it in the end and I felt like everything was handled very well.

We went in on Friday morning at 7:00 and I was still only at 1 cm and 70% effaced. The first dose of Cytotec was given just after 8:00 to try and ripen my cervix a little more and kick me into natural labor. They checked me again at 10:00 am and no change so another dose was given. The plan was to see how the second dose did and then start pitocin in the afternoon if things were moving along properly. I finally started having some contractions later in the afternoon but still wasn't really dilating. Since I still wasn't as far along as the doctor would have liked, we held off on starting the pitocin until 4:00 am Friday morning. We all settled in for the night around 10:00 pm and tried to rest. However, I started having pretty good contractions around midnight and never did really get more than about 1.2 to 2 hours of rest. The nurse came in at 4:00 to start the pitocin. Contractions started to get more intense and more frequent but I was still only about 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced when the nurse shift occurred at 7:00 am. I was very frustrated to say the least!

The doctor came in around 9:00 am and checked me again and said he would come back around noon and break my water if I hadn't done so on my own by then. My contractions were still strong and frequent, just nothing was happening it seemed! The nurse checked me again around 10:30 am and I was finally at around 4cm dilated and fully effaced. I was already so exhausted and the contractions were so intense from the pitocin, I had the epidural started then. AMAZING! I am so happy I made that decision. Mainly, I was already so tired and we weren't sure when the baby was going to be born that I just wanted to be able to rest.

The doctor came back around 1:00 pm and broke my water. I was finally at 8cm dilated. That helped raise my spirits as it felt like I had finally made some progress. So the nurse would check every couple hours to see if I was fully dilated so I could start pushing. We finally got there around 7:00 pm. The nurses changed again (I went through 4 shifts while in labor) and I was finally ready to go around 7:30. The baby had finally dropped down low enough and the fun was ready to begin.

My nurse was amazing and coached me on when exactly to push and when to rest. Anyway, I pushed for about 1.5 hours with the nurse when she said it was time to get the doctor. That was all the motivation I needed to get this thing done! When she finally decided to make her way out, it was nothing short of amazing. I couldn't believe she was finally here and that I had done it.

She was placed on my chest right away and I was just balling my eyes out. It was truly a magical moment. I couldn't have done any of it without my DH. He was amazing. And seeing him with our daughter has been the biggest joy of all. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it.

Anyway, this got really long. Sorry! Guess I just kind of wanted to capture everything before I forgot it all!

She has a full head of hair, which I wasn't expecting at all. I think her eyes will stay blue but I guess it's too early to tell.

Oh, and we finally picked a middle name. She is officially Piper June!

Booger-What a great story and I love her middle name too. She is a beautiful baby.

Brighteyez-Congratulations!! You should have asked us how to post a picture instead of struggling. When is your official beta? I am so happy for you. :happydance:

Booger - Piper is sooooo adorable! Love that hair and I love her middle name. Your story sounds so similar to my sister's labor. She was induced as well and things seemed to take forever. And she literally went through so many nurse shifts that multiple nurses kept popping in to "finally see the baby." :) I'm sure you were just exhausted!! I'm so happy that all worked out. Oh - and I LOVED the epidural, too. :) :)

Brighteyez - Congratulations!!

Hi everyone else! What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? We're driving to PA to see my FIL's side of the family. It's nice to see them but it's such a long trip for one day.

Hi ladies! Wow Booger, what a great story! So sweet! And Piper is just a doll- I can't believe that shock of hair.

Brighteyez- yay!!!! Congratulations!! It's been a long time coming for you. So so excited for you.

brighteyez - congrats!

booger - glad she is finally here. She seems like Derek...had the extra time to cook & came out looking much older than a newborn. She is beautiful & that is such a great name! I have seen other moms who did the epidural because labor was so long & just needed to rest. I am glad you are okay with your decision. Doesn't matter if you decide to use meds or not...just matters you do what is right for you & you feel ok with it. I get wanting to be home. Most of my nurses were great but with all the vital checks & nursing I just couldn't rest at all. We told our nurse you guys are great but we want to go home! I was lucky to lave on a Wed after a Mon c section. I love using our swing. Best way to get them from drowsy to asleep & no disrupting to transition to a crib/bassinet. I have joked about moving it to the bedroom!

No big plans here. Since my husband is no longer in a super center Walmart (just a neighborhood market) no black Friday. So his team is on a shift schedule Thurs so everyone can be home a decent time for a meal with the family. He of course gets first shift since he's the boss. So it is the first year in maybe 10 years he has been home on Thanksgiving. In the past we just reschedule for the weekend. So it will just be the 3 of us & a low key day...checking deals out online. My mom may come by on Sun. She also works for Walmart but a big store so she is working a lot the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->