First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Oh Amy I was so thrilled for you when I logged on Xmas night and saw your wonderful news! I'll be praying for you. Hope you're able to enjoy this despite your understandable worry.
Sorry I've been MIA. Life's been nutty the last few weeks with lots of travel and holiday prep. I'll try to catch up later today. Wishing you all a very Merry Xmas/ happy holidays and a joyous 2016.

Thanks for the pictures. You make beautiful babies.

Booger-sorry you're feeling so sad. From moms around me, most of them become weepy all the time, so take it in stride and get used to it! Hee hee.

LadySosa-your vacation sounds fun but definitely exhausting. Dinner at 10:30? Oy is right! It snowed yesterday in NM and our flight was delayed. My sister kept trying to get us to go eat before our flight but I told her I just wanted to get to the airport. Luckily we did because the highway was shut down soon after we got on the plane. Yes, I went to see my sister and her kids. My family congregated in NM because it's easier with gifts and such. We had a nice time.

Amy-I knew your test was early I just couldn't remember how early, so this is it!! I just know it.

Almost back to the grind. Ugh. Hee hee.

Hi ladies!

Just checking in to see if Amy had her beta test yet. I sure hope everything is going well.

Hi!!! I'm anxiously awaiting to hear from Amy!

Christmas was good. Drama with stepkids and the ex wife plus the inlaws. Same old crap different day. Speaking of crap! Wow! Watch out for the most disgusting poop you've ever seen or smelt during the teething process. She has two teeth on the bottom and one coming in on the top. It's so cute but totally gross when she poops. Yuck!
I took the cutest picture of her on Christmas Eve for you Terri. I need to attach it from my phone though.

Hope everyone is well!! Booger, you will be ok! I'm home all day alone and I'm still alive and so is my baby. If I can make it, you definitely can!

Hi girls! I'm SO out of the loop, and finally got a breather today, so I came to get caught up (as much as I can, at least!). I've missed SO much, but I went back a bunch to read updates. Congrats on the new babies and the BFPs since the last time I checked in! I didn't realize just how much I miss you girls until I got back on today! I desperately need to update that front page, so if you guys don't mind, take a look and let me know updates. Also, if there's anyone on there we haven't heard from in a while, or anyone new that I'm missing, let me know. I'm so excited to be back!

My only excuse for not checking in sooner is just time. When I was on leave, I felt like I was going non-stop. I have a WHOLE new respect for the women who have a newborn AND a toddler at the same time (babywhisperer!). I started back to work on Nov 30th and got back just in time for quarter-end, so I've been slammed since day 1 back in the office. Welcome back, Erin! LOL. However, I closed all my contracts last week, so I'm totally dead this week!

Going back to work was interesting... It felt super weird handing Owen off to someone else after 16 weeks of him and me. It made me feel a little guilty because I'm choosing to work. He didn't handle the first day well. Cried a LOT. It was heartbreaking, and I cried too. But by day 3, my Owen was flashing his charming smile at every teacher in there! He adjusted SO well, he's truly such a good-natured baby. When I drop him off, he smiles at the receptionist, anyone we pass in the hallway, and then his teachers. Literally, everyone, every day. He seems to be super happy and thriving there, so that's what relaxed me about the whole thing and gave me peace of mind. And I'm not gonna lie... It also feels really good to be back to work. I didn't realize how much I love my job and coworkers until I got back, even with as busy as I've been.

Owen is 4.5 months now, and has turned into a phenomenal sleeper. I can't recall exact timing, but he started giving us longer stretches of sleep at night a couple months back, and at some point, he was only waking for one night feed. Then about a month ago, he suddenly, out of nowhere, just stopped needing night feeds at all. We put him to bed around 7:30, and he didn't wake until 6:30 (freaked me out the first night he did that). And it's been super smooth since then. We can usually get him down between 7:30-8:30, and his average wakeup time is around 6:30-7:00am. On the rare occasion we don't get him down until 9pm (like on xmas when we were spending time w/ family), he'll sleep until 8am. He's averaging about 11 hrs/ night. We still have occasional nights where he'll wake up for a pacifier in the middle of the night, and he's still too little to grab it himself, but it's not every night, and it only takes a second to go in and give it to him.

So glad to be back, girls! Amy, I am anxiously awaiting your beta results!

I'm sooo sorry I left you girls hanging. I started getting a sore throat Monday night which turned into me being SOOO sick yesterday and today. I just feel so bad, I've hardly gotten off the couch and have been sleeping most of the day.

I still made it to my beta yesterday though which ended up being 345 :happydance: So needless to say I'm extremely happy about that. I don't go back for my next beta until Tuesday. For some reason my clinic makes us wait a week between betas. So another week of worrying :dohh:

I will catch up with everyone when I'm feeling a little better. I just wanted to check in real quick. I'll also have to tell you my pregnancy test fiasco. The new Frer's are garbage. I feel like I need to warn other testers lol. You can not use them to watch progression like you could the old ones. They are not reliable and the dye drastically varies from box to box. Almost cost me my sanity lol.

I hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve!! I'll be home on my couch lol.

Amy congrats! Sorry about the frer. Wonder what the deal is there. The soar throat could be from the pregnancy. And also sorry a whole week before your next beta! How dare they drive people crazy like that! What an awesome way to bring in the new year though!

Amy, congrats!! I'm so glad the beta turned out good! :happydance:

Congratulations Amy!!!!! Great news.

Happy new year everyone! xoxo

Congrats Amy!!! :happydance::happydance: Hope the week flies by for you, that is a brutal wait.

Yay Amy!!!!!! I was starting to get worried there since we hadn't heard from you. But that is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. Tuesday is a long time to wait for your next beta. Ugh! Sorry you're feeling cruddy. At least it will take your mind off waiting...

Erin- so great to hear from you! Owen sounds like a little angel.

Afm, yes I am halfway there! We haven't even started on the nursery yet. We are having a contractor come out early next week to give an estimate on the popcorn ceiling removal, which is the first step. Then we want to paint of course, then we can order all the fun furniture! I think I'm going to paint it a really neutral color, maybe a soft white. The carpet is white, and I want white furniture. Hopefully it's not too much white! I'll have to get some fun curtains and lots of pink accents.

My official 20-week scan is on Monday. I'm so excited!!!! Hopefully she's still a girl! Haha.

We have a half day of work today and then no work tmro and I have Monday off. DH is headed to Arizona this weekend for the Buckeyes game, I refused to go! Haha. I am so glad I'm NOT going. I got enough flying in going to/from Guatemala.

Brighteyez and Krissy, how are you ladies doing?? Haven't heard from you in a while.

Doing well :) Definitely in the easy phase of the pregnancy which is nice. And feeling tons of baby movements nowadays, which is always my favorite part :cloud9:
And DH and I decided to be crazy and see if we could upgrade from our townhome to a single family home in the next few months. Most places around here are very turn key, so I'm not worried about having to do a ton of work upon move in, and we'll have movers to help with most of the heavy lifting. But all in all I figure it'll be easier to sell our place now with only half the kid-clutter and the interest rates are lower now than they would be in a few months to a year. So might as well give it a shot, and worse case scenario our town house will be super duper clean when the baby comes lol.

Hooray, Amy!!!! Feel better soon.

Happy New Years, everyone. No midnight for me this year unless I'm up feeding Piper! I'll take it.

Erin - I was wondering how you & Owen were doing with daycare. I am glad it is working out well for you. I am wondering if I should take a couple of days the week before to leave Derek so we both get used to it. I think it is great you have realized that even though you love your son so much you also love your job & that is so healthy. I am not really in love with my job so much. So I think going back will be extra hard because I would just rather take care of my own baby rather than a couple of grown men who act like babies.

brighteyez - I keep thinking about you. I hope you & babies are healthy & strong.

Lady - don't stress too much on the nursery. I was super early on everything. But in the end I will tell you this...organize the clothes & diapers. That's all that really matters especially if you are using a bassinet. Get that done & everything else will just be a bonus. But I do know it feels so much better just having it all done.

Derek is doing well. We have an appointment on Wed for a check up & shots. So not looking forward to that. I read somewhere to try to nurse during...wonder if the dr will let me do that. He seems to have leveled off on his weight for now which is great for me. He is already in 3-6 clothes & wearing size 2 diapers. We use a 2 at night so he sleeps longer & a 1 during the day. I am really hoping to start getting in shape before I go to work...get the habits in place. But it is hard to get started. And honestly some days I just take my free moments to complete relax if I can. Being at home can be exhausting. It actually makes me think I am probably crazy for considering another pregnancy so soon.

On another note, I have decided to move back to breastfeeding. I eliminated day feedings & was only doing it at night. He got formula during the day. First it was similac & he had painful gas so I switched him to Parent's Choice Gentle. Much cheaper & now he seems much better. But I started thinking I had no physical issues breastfeeding & started feeling guilty for not doing it. So I just decided to go back. While I get my supply back up he is still on formula off & on or when after a feeding he still seems hungry. I don't want anyone to think I am against formula or think it is wrong for a woman not to nurse. It is a woman's choice or rather sometimes not her choice if she can't nurse. But for me I just started feeling like I had a great supply & a wonderful baby who will go from nursing to bottle no issue. So I just feel like I owe it to him to give him breast milk if I am able. That brings me to another topic...

For the ladies planning on getting a breast pump...I really hated my pump...I just didn't think it was the best. It was a First Years I got a really great deal on before I was pregnant. So the thought of using it at work made me cringe. I decided to take advantage of my free pump with insurance before my coverage ended on 12/31 (going on husband's plan). So the company sent me a list of covered pumps. I felt sure I would just get Medela. Everyone loves it. So I researched some on the list & ended on 2 options...Medela PNSA & Ameda purely yours. The rep sent me info on the 29th & needed my order the next day because she would be out for the holiday. So I spent the evening researching. My head almost exploded. I ended up completely ruling out Medela because they do not have a closed system. Meaning milk can get in the tubes & therefore need regular cleaning & replacing...a hassle I just didn't want to take on. I also just feel that since some of the Medela pumps do offer closed, it was ridiculous it wasn't offered on the popular model & one I assume most insurance companies provide. I think it is a way to get more money on replacement parts. I was reluctant on the Ameda...just wasn't sold. Then I found the Spectra S2. I wasn't sure about it...but saw a youtube review so I decided to go with it. Here are the down sides (just used it today). It does not come with a carry bag or cooler. Something you can easily buy yourself. It does not offer a battery option. It is not as tiny as most others. I am not sure how easy it is to buy more bottles, but I don't plan to use them for feeding. But I will say I actually like the bottles. They look like good quality though I haven't used them for feeding. Having said the negative, I will say I love this pump! I have only used it once. It has a 2 phase expression like Medela. They also say it mimics baby so much better than other brands. I felt it was very gentle. And oh my god...so QUIET! It just sounds like a light chirping. So much better than my other. And the cups are plastic...I thought for sure uncomfortable but they aren't. I am not sure how easy to get bigger ones but some reviewers said that if you are bigger the size could be an issue. So I am not fully back to supply...not even close. Derek fed probably an hour before on my right side. So after just 5 minutes I had 2 oz on the left side & then another 5 minutes 1 oz on the right. I could have gotten more from the left but the flow was slowing so I just stopped. To put that in perspective, when I was in full supply & exclusively breastfeeding, it would take 15 minutes to get 3 oz. Also this pump has the option to double pump. I barely feel it...it does feel natural. My other one my nipples could get stuck from the suction so I had to be gentle taking off the cup. No issue with this one. I just really like it. I will find a way to deal with it being bigger & no battery. Anyways...anyone looking to get a pump...if your insurance covers this one, I highly recommend & encourage you to research it. Of course ask me any questions if you want. Here is their website.

https://www.spectrababyusa.com/

Anyways...sorry for the extra long post. I am waiting for my husband to come home...half day today & then off next week. Sort of a last time together before I have to go back to work. We are headed to the outlets for new years deals. Sucks the weather just started turning cold today. Hopefully the rain will let up...we are drowning.

Hi girls, Happy New Year to everyone!

Lady, I love white nurseries and seriously considered that myself. They just look so clean and pure and pretty, and they're so nice and bright during the daytime. I bet it will be beautiful! So today is your 20-week scan, right? Will you find out the gender, or are you team yellow?? Can't wait to hear!

Krissy, good luck house hunting! That's exciting! DH and I are house hunting too, but we're very leisurely about it because our current house is really totally fine. But our next home will be the one we raise Owen in and the one we'll stay in all the way up to retirement, so we're really taking our time, and might even end up building. Btw, I'm glad you're in the easy phase of pregnancy now! What a relief, right?! :)

beagle, thanks! And ya know, you might be onto something.. it might not be a bad idea to start daycare a week prior to work so that you can sorta ease into it. I kinda wish I had done that so that I could've just started him for a half day since that first day was the hard one. It would've been easier knowing I was picking him up by noon or so. And he still would've adjusted just as quickly even with a couple of half days first, so by the time I started work, we would've been through the hardest part. I didn't think to do that. But thank goodness it only took a couple of days to adjust!

Amy, congrats again Hun!! I'm just so happy for you. I'll move you to the BFP section on the front page whenever you feel ready, so just let me know.

Brighteyez, how are you feeling??

How is everyone else doing? I got to spend more time reading some back posts, so I think I got all the updates I needed for the front page, but please let me know if not.

ERose-Can I still be hanging out and fabulous? I feel like I'm not a part of the group. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->