First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

booger76 - YAY for three perfect embryos!! One of those is your future baby!!! I'm also curious what the abnormalities were on the other 3. Do they tell you that kind of information? We are both having our sonohysterogram and mock transfer on Monday!! Whoo Hoo!!

Erin - Did you find out if your insurance will cover PGS?

Terri - I know it's a really early, but when do you think you'll start testing? Inquiring minds want to know hee hee!!! Please don't be down about the 2 frosties!! I know it's hard not to wonder what happened to all of the others... but you had 5 great ones and that's the important part!!

LadySosa - It's so cool that you are able to be so open with everyone. I'm being very secretive, even to the point of lying (which I hate to do because I always feel like the person is staring at me and swear they know I'm lying and then I get all paranoid LOL). But I told my dad and one of my best friends. I have 3 best friends in all but the other 2 are soooo close to their entire family and if I tell them, I know they will let it slip to their families. So telling them will be like telling 30 additional people which will just stress me out lol. So my logic is, since I can't control who other people tell, I decided to keep who I tell to a minimum.

kfs1 - I'm glad your sonohysterogram went well. I am nervous as well since mine is coming up and the HSG was just horrible ugh!! You are on your way!! So excited for you!! It's so great to hear that your chances are excellent!!

Welcome knitgirl & Babywhisperer!!

Hi Jen, Moni, brighteyez, & jkb!!!

One of my slow growers was transferred along with a perfect one, and I have none left over. Moni had a slow grower too. I'll bet that one hangs on in there, Terri! But you should still have a cookie...because they are delish!

Hi Amy! My sonohysto wasn't so awful. Take some Advil before you go to help with cramps.

Good morning ladies!

Thurs night was my work banquet & last night we went to a fundraiser event. I was so tired because I woke up at 2 am & didn't get back to sleep. So I came home after work & relaxed in bed for about an hour, then off to the fundraiser. It was Woofstock! A local rescue does it. Beer, wine, bbq (from our favorite local buffet), & great music. We had so much fun. Last year they didn't have anything to drink I liked. We don't drink beer & I only like really sweet wine. So they had moscato last night! So I think I had 3-4 glasses. It was funny...my husband said don't drink too much, you will drink the baby out! But even with all that wine, I still woke up this am at 2...ugh! But I went in the living room so my husband could sleep & watched tv. One of my pups missed me, so he snuggled with me & I fell right asleep...got about an hour or 2. Now I am all set! I have a few things to do then I plan to be home to clean & organize. Then tonight we go see a local production of Spamalot...Monty Python spoof...we saw it in Vegas once & loved it. Then relax on Sunday, because on Monday I have the dentist & outlet shopping. Very busy few days for me. I am hoping to hear from my mom & she will come with me. I want to tell her about the IVF.

Anyways...I also wanted to tell you guys every once in a while I talk in my sleep. So the other night my husband was up & I said something like Are they going to parachute from the ground. So that started making me think will I say crazy stuff during my retrieval!?!

I am feeling more intense AF like cramps today...but no spotting yet. We shall see.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

beagle-Glad you made it through your work banquet and got to attend a cool fundraiser. I love the name! Sounds like you're on easy street now! Woohoo..Have a great weekend. I'm doing schoolwork and then watching baseball. The Os lost last night in extra innings, so that was disappointing, but it's only the first game. Hopefully today they can win and continue to win the next four games.

Hello ladies, how is everyone?

Terri - yeah I was totally bumped about them losing last night too but we have four more to go and I have my fx that they win the rest of them. How are you feeling?

Quick hello from England. My friend got married in Torquay... small coastaltown, 3 hours from London, very quaint. Enjoying just relaxing until Tuesday.

I did one ivf cycle in which we ended up with only 1 embie to transfer...doc said based onquality, only20% chance...but we proved him wrong! Chimmi is doing great!.

I used to drink 2 cups of tea and a glass of soda a day, now I do 1 cup of tea or ice tea.

Terri, sorry about only 2 frosties, but you are not going to need them for a couple ofyears, anddid you reallywant that much more....then you would have to decide to donate our destroy, or have 10 kids....

I love moscato....

There won't be anything knew from me for a couple of weeks..

Have fun Moni and see you when you get back. I'll check out the article. Be well!!

Still in the wait...maybe test tomorrow.

Bored online...so I went to cafepress.com. I won't share any because there are too many. But just search IVF in the top. One says conceived in a dish, born in to awesomeness. Love it.

Sorry...had to share this.

Attachments

• ivf_questions3jpg_plus_size_tshirt.jpg
    ivf_questions3jpg_plus_size_tshirt.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 12
Good morning. I have the day off so going shopping. But i am at the dentist now. Yuck.

Quick update...Negative test...no spotting...hmm...

morning everyone!

booger - the reason for no caffeine is because they say it may increase the risk for miscarriage. because i miscarried, even though i know it was not because of the 1/2 cup of coffee each morning, i am terrified it will happen again, so i am trying to have zero caffeine.

Amy - i had my sonohysterogram and it was SO much better than i thought it was. a little discomfort, but no pain. i heard the HSG is much worse. good luck!

Beagle - so sorry about the negative :(

I have to go in tomorrow morning for day 21 labs to confirm ovulation and then, hopefully, will be starting lupron tomorrow night! fingers crossed!

Knitgirl, my RE said no caffeine, no alcohol from the first day I started lupron. Plus no caffeine the entire 1st trimester. I'm past the point of wanting to punch everyone though. Haha no caffeine but at it's for a good reason! I don't even really think about it anymore and it's been 2 months! You can do it!

knitgirl-Hope you ovulated! I didn't know that caffeine caused miscarriages. I wasnt' really sure of the reason, so thanks for that.

Jen-You crack me up. Two months without caffeine is great! I had a decaf coffee at my anniversary brunch yesterday and it was fine. I don't know if I tasted a difference in taste, so I probably won't have another. I just wanted SOMETHING with my brunch and bellinis/mimosas weren't an option. hee hee.

beaglemom-Hmmm is right. Enjoy the day shopping! I'll be waiting patiently for tomorrow morning's update.

AFM-:juggle:

JCM - yes, i've been off caffeine for about a month now, and it is fine. but i was drinking a ton of decaf and the nurse at my RE's office said i should only have 2 a day because of the small amount of caffeine in decaf. i'm so freaked that i won't get pregnant, or that i will have another miscarriage, that i'm willing to do just about anything!

terri - i'm pretty sure i did, so am sooooooo excited for tomorrow. just to clarify, they don't think that miscarriages are caused by caffeine, but that it can increase the risk. and so i'm just going to do everything i can to decrease my risk this time. i know plenty of people who drank a cup of coffee all through their pregnancy and were fine.

there are so many things to do or not do, that it can get really overwhelming and really feed into my anxiety. i was reading about decline in the quality in eggs the older you get, and i should NOT be reading that. totally freaks me out. can you guys tell i am anxious about all of this? yikes! i need to remember to just breathe and try to stay in the day.

also, how many of you are doing PGS - if you don't mind me asking. we just can't afford it. our IVF is covered by insurance, which we are so profoundly grateful for, because we live in MA. part of me starts to worry a bit, like we should do the PGS because i'm 39.

sorry to air all my worries ... there are just so many during this process.

Knitgirl, I'm ten years younger than Terri and she got way more eggs retrieved than I did AND way more were mature AND more made it to when they were supposed to. Don't street about that part. I did not do pgs.

A Bellini sounds amazing. I got these little ginger candy chews to help with the nausea that came full force last week. Whew. It happened. I actually vomited and had to swallow back down in public. Pretty gross. Other than that I'm good. Scan this Thursday! I am pumped!

Happy Monday Everyone!!! Well not really, I really dislike Mondays but it sounded nice lol :)

brighteyez73- I watched some of your vlogs over the weekend. You and your husband are so cute together... and your family is just beautiful.

JMC & knitgirl - You were right, the sonohysterogram was not bad at all :)

Booger76 - I hope your appointment went good today!!

Beagle - I hope you had a nice day shopping!!

AFM - I had my sonohysterogram and mock transfer this morning. Everything went well. It was a pretty simple procedure and everything looked great according to my Dr.

I got my schedule today as well :)

October 23rd - Last Day of BCP
October 27th - Start Medication
November 7th or 8th - Egg Retrieval
November 12th or 13th - Egg Transfer - My DH's birthday is on the 13th, I hope that's a good sign :)

Of course these are just the important dates, I left out all the ultrasound/blood work dates.

I also got my prescription today. I was prescribed Bravelle, Menopur, and Ganirelix. I have seen lots of people prescribed Gonal-F and Follistim but Bravelle is one I've rarely seen?? My Dr. says there's really no difference but it's got me a little worried. Although I'm not sure why lol.

Hi to everyone else!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->