First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Hey Ladies! Icky day in NYC, it was 75 and pouring as I came into work. Markets are very volatile so things are hectic, but good.

KFS, never been to the Cape, but my cousins go and love it. I'm on LI and work in NYC, so we tend to head out east to the Northfork in the Summer. Your trip sounds like a fun time and a great thing to look forward to every year.

Teiir, crossing fingers and toes for you. I say prayers at night hoping all of you get that BFP!

Brighteyez, I hate needles too. The menopur scares me, but I've done the Gonal F and it's a breeze. I am not psyched about the intramuscular shots for trigger and PIO.

Knitgirl, I think with each shot it's one less that I have to do. I get to feel like a human pin cushion!

Booger, I think the Fall colors upstate are better as the nights are colder. We have some changing but nowhere near peak. I'm sorry the nurse isn't helping you lean one way or another. What does your gut say?

Beagle, sorry you're in limbo. When is the next full moon...I know it sounds new-agey but I get thrown off my the moon sometimes, like week early or week late.

Jcm, you found icing before the shot helped? I might need to try that when it's time. I was also going to tell you leave a can of coke open and wait for it to get flat, it helps settle the stomach. I hope this keeps working!

Moni, I live on LI and work in midtown. I used to live in the city, but my husband was never a fan, so when we got engaged I sold my apt and moved back out to LI. How are you feeling?

Afm, same old sitch. I start the estrogen patch on Sat and wait for AF. Dh is asking when I can test since we bd'd 1 and 2 days before ovu and on the day so he thinks we might have a miracle....if only! The work shenanigans have ebbed so I am happier. I'm having one of my best months this year so my mgr is supporting me more. I think he sees how hard I work compared to the 60yr olds who basically work just to stay busy and not be home with their wives. They come in late, go for lunch, haircut, Dr appts, make social calls, plan alumni trips, do board meeting prep for whatever boards they are on...the work to bs ratio is 1:3 and sometimes as bad as 1:4. The sense of entitlement is absurd. Management leaves a lot to be desired too. We had layoffs yesterday and we lost a guy on our desk. I felt awful, he was so nice. I am still nervous about starting this. Should I postpone for a less stressful time, or do more acupuncture? I feel like this is so final, if it doesn't work it is our last shot.

OMG Babywhisper - you feel my pain!!! I am scared of all of them and am not looking forward to them but I am keeping a positive outlook and thinking happy baby thoughts.

Totally forgot to mention my nurse said I am not the only one who put everything on hold waiting on the IVF grant. Since it is based out of Raleigh (near my dr) I bet it is super popular around here.

One other thought on the dog itching...my dog is itchy during summer...we put him on steroids to help. But also he ends up with yeast injections on his toes. So for those of you with dogs constantly licking their feet, next check up you may want to ask about yeast.

One healthy strong baby in there! The heartbeat was very cool. I'm relieved. Everything is measuring exactly perfect. Another check in 2 weeks!

Fantastic news, Jen! Did they give you the heartbeat number? :happydance:

Nothing going on. My temp had nowhere to go but up. I keep thinking that I really should POAS, except hubs is always hogging the bathroom in the mornings (he stays in the bathroom for almost an hour primping), so I just start my day. I guess this is a good thing. :juggle:

JCM - Great news! I'm sure you must feel so relieved (even with the nausea and other symptoms).

Terri - You were originally going to POAS on Sunday, right? When's your beta again? Either way, I say step away from the thermometer (even though I know you love it). :)

HA!!HA!! I know..last night I was thinking, "I'm done temping. I can't take this anymore." And then this morning, what do you know? HA!!HA!! My beta is on Tuesday. I can definitely wait until Sunday.

HA!!HA!! I know..last night I was thinking, "I'm done temping. I can't take this anymore." And then this morning, what do you know? HA!!HA!! My beta is on Tuesday. I can definitely wait until Sunday.

Hahahaha. Awww - I completely understand. But just think of all of those charts on FF that we have stalked. Literally NONE of them were the same. I can't WAIT until you test Terri!!!!

(And I say this now but I'm sure I'll be the same after my transfer. :) )

I do not temp, but I already know I will be testing every day after the trigger. I need to make sure I am stocked up on the cheapo tests.

I have heard you guys talk about different triggers. Do they all make you have a pos hpt until it leaves your system?

Jen that's awesome:happydance: so happy for you!!

Only 2more days terri:thumbup: I agree, put the thermometer down:haha:

Went for follow up scan and labs this am. I have loads of little follicles, small tho, so I'm thinking that my trigger won't be Monday night now. Plan to talk with nurse when she calls with my lab results this afternoon

Jcm, so happy to hear that. The heartbeat is a great way to tell yourself, all is good you can relax. This is a mile marker...good stuff.

Terri, hold out as long as you can girl, keep yourself busy, tests out of sight! Sunday is a blink away.

Good morning, ladies! :flower:

Terri - Woohoo on that temp jumping back up!:happydance: I agree that you can make it until Sunday. Only two days away now! Habits are hard to break. I only temped for 3 months and I was glad to stop because of my stupid beeping thermometer. I have to admit though that it was super helpful in confirming my O date with what my monitor was telling me. I'm a data junkie.

Jen - :wohoo: and :yipee: for your great scan. How exciting! I bet it was just amazing.

jkb11 - It's pretty amazing how quickly those follicles can grow. Is your next scan on Monday? I can remember thinking that my follies were never going to get there and then by the next scan, sure enough they would have grown quite a bit. You're getting there!!!

Beagle - You start your BCP today right? Welcome to the BCP club. I hope they don't affect you much. When will you get your calendar and protocol - after your appointment on the 30th?? My dog is on Prednisone (he has Addison's disease) and that is what makes him a licking psycho. It drives me batty at night when I'm trying to go to sleep but oh well, he's 13 so I figure he can pretty much do what he wants at this point in his life. :winkwink:

Hello to kfs, brighteyez, LadySosa, babywhisperer, moni and Erin!!! Hope you ladies are are doing well.

It's my last day at work for two weeks!!! :thumbup: I wish we were going on a fun vacation rather than to visit family but we have't been to visit DHs family in two years so we are way overdue. We saw his sister and Mom when they came out for our wedding last summer but we needed to visit his elderly Grandmother. Hopefully we can get out and do some fun things while we are there. I'm trying to tie in a visit with my brother while there, as well. Haven't seen him in two years either. We are the black sheep way out West. :haha:

Yes next scan is Monday! I really need my retrieval to be Wednesday or Thursday. due to starting a new job. Don't want to look like a slacker!also don't want to disclose my ivf stuff just yet.
Hope you have a great visit with the fam!!

Good morning, ladies! :flower:

Terri - Woohoo on that temp jumping back up!:happydance: I agree that you can make it until Sunday. Only two days away now! Habits are hard to break. I only temped for 3 months and I was glad to stop because of my stupid beeping thermometer. I have to admit though that it was super helpful in confirming my O date with what my monitor was telling me. I'm a data junkie.

Jen - :wohoo: and :yipee: for your great scan. How exciting! I bet it was just amazing.

jkb11 - It's pretty amazing how quickly those follicles can grow. Is your next scan on Monday? I can remember thinking that my follies were never going to get there and then by the next scan, sure enough they would have grown quite a bit. You're getting there!!!

Beagle - You start your BCP today right? Welcome to the BCP club. I hope they don't affect you much. When will you get your calendar and protocol - after your appointment on the 30th?? My dog is on Prednisone (he has Addison's disease) and that is what makes him a licking psycho. It drives me batty at night when I'm trying to go to sleep but oh well, he's 13 so I figure he can pretty much do what he wants at this point in his life. :winkwink:

Hello to kfs, brighteyez, LadySosa, babywhisperer, moni and Erin!!! Hope you ladies are are doing well.

It's my last day at work for two weeks!!! :thumbup: I wish we were going on a fun vacation rather than to visit family but we have't been to visit DHs family in two years so we are way overdue. We saw his sister and Mom when they came out for our wedding last summer but we needed to visit his elderly Grandmother. Hopefully we can get out and do some fun things while we are there. I'm trying to tie in a visit with my brother while there, as well. Haven't seen him in two years either. We are the black sheep way out West. :haha:

Yes the bcp started today. I was a little annoyed yesterday. I kept forgetting to call the pharmacy. Usually they are really good & I get a text when ready. So I call on my way home & they said 30 minutes. Well it is right by work so I just figured I would go by there today...didn't think about it anymore until I got a text at 8 saying it was ready...almost 3 hours later! The text says your prescription starting with "Le" is ready...then I started thinking oh no somehow they did a refill on my letrozole instead. So I went in tody & asked if it was bcp & they said yes. They are Levonogestrel. So I guess the "le" was a coincidence. So I took my first one. I was not directed any time of day...so I will put a reminder on my phone for the AM.

So small heart attack moment...my husband calls & says he cannot find my cat...looked everywhere...very certain he did not escape when we let out the dogs. So I told him to go outside with the treat bucket & shake them. Well nothing...then he comes in & the cat is on the kitchen table. He is like really? Where the hell was he!?!

One more thing...going to the state fair tonight! Should be so much fun!

Thanks everyone! Before he shoved the wand up there he said ok everyone here we go, say your prayers or whatever you wanna do but I've been doing this 20 years and there's a perfect baby in here. I just closed my eyes until I heard him say perfect. Then my mom shook me and said ok open your eyes now! It was pretty awesome. I can definitely relax now. I think the number is written down somewhere but he did a video for me and that little thing is quick! I just keep watching it over and over.

Two more sleeps Terri! This is so exciting! Funny about primping for an hour. I love men that take their time to get ready.

Yay for starting Beatle!
Yay Jen, it's amazing isn't it! Anypics?

Babywhisperer, I love in northern Manhattan (175th) and with in white plains.

My cat bites out her fur. Vet wants to place her on Prozac. We've been fighting that Weekly baths with a medicated soap seem to be helping.

Terri, put down the thermometer... I'll be stalking you this weekend..

Yay for starting Beatle!
Yay Jen, it's amazing isn't it! Anypics?

Babywhisperer, I love in northern Manhattan (175th) and with in white plains.

My cat bites out her fur. Vet wants to place her on Prozac. We've been fighting that Weekly baths with a medicated soap seem to be helping.

Terri, put down the thermometer... I'll be stalking you this weekend..

Crazy weather this week right, it's like Summer all over again! I love NYC but love heading out to the burbs when I'm done with work. After the baby comes I can introduce you to friends that live up by you. She has a 13mo old and is expecting twins (naturally) in Feb. We just went to Central Park on Sun, walked around and put the kids on the swings...fun day.

Terri my dh carries a small black comb, the kinds they give out for grade school picture day. He primps in the rear-view mirror at traffic lights!!!

Hello everyone!

Jen - such great news! :happydance:

Terri - i love the spike in temp again! :happydance: How do you attach your FF chart? Is it just an option in the Signature settings?

Yesterday was day three of Lupron for me. They think my retrieval will be the first week in November if everything goes according to plan. Fingers crossed! I'm getting used to the shots and actually look forward to it because it means I'm one day closer.

I started a prenatal yoga class last night - it was recommended by someone, the instructor said it was great for me to join even though I'm not pregnant yet, and I think it will help when I'm stimming since my ovaries will be big and uncomfortable. But, it was really hard emotionally. I didn't realize there would be introductions at the beginning with everyone saying how many weeks pregnant they were. It was really rough for me actually. I felt so sad - my grief coming to the surface again I think. But I am going to continue with the 6 week series - I loved the instructor and the class was great. Session two of acupuncture on Sunday - yay!

For those of you who started Lupron on day 21 of your cycle, did you get your period per usual? If it matters, I was not on the BCP prior to starting Lupron. Thanks!

Hello everyone!

Jen - such great news! :happydance:

Terri - i love the spike in temp again! :happydance: How do you attach your FF chart? Is it just an option in the Signature settings?

Yesterday was day three of Lupron for me. They think my retrieval will be the first week in November if everything goes according to plan. Fingers crossed! I'm getting used to the shots and actually look forward to it because it means I'm one day closer.

I started a prenatal yoga class last night - it was recommended by someone, the instructor said it was great for me to join even though I'm not pregnant yet, and I think it will help when I'm stimming since my ovaries will be big and uncomfortable. But, it was really hard emotionally. I didn't realize there would be introductions at the beginning with everyone saying how many weeks pregnant they were. It was really rough for me actually. I felt so sad - my grief coming to the surface again I think. But I am going to continue with the 6 week series - I loved the instructor and the class was great. Session two of acupuncture on Sunday - yay!

For those of you who started Lupron on day 21 of your cycle, did you get your period per usual? If it matters, I was not on the BCP prior to starting Lupron. Thanks!

Yoga is great, and even in normal circumstances it can bring emotions to the surface. I laid there crying one night w/ a friend, we were hysterically laughing bc we had no idea why we were crying. The teacher said it happens all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->