First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

I was thinking about beagle's comment about wishing we had a chart to keep up with where everyone is. On the testing thread I used to be on in the >35 forums, the girl who would start the thread for each month, would have everyone tell her their estimated test date, and put it on the very front page of the thread. She would update their status as each one tested... BFP or BFN. It has to be the original poster who edits it obviously, since they're the only one who can edit. So I could do something like that if everyone wants to send me their status. This is a little different than testing, since that only required one date, and with IVF we never know exact dates for IVF/FET. But I could throw something together with estimated timeframes, sorta like below... let me know if you girls want me to do that, I'm happy to. And if so, just send me your estimated timeframes, and I'll add it.

ERosePW: Next FET - Mid November
User2: IVF - Late November
User3: FET - Early December​

kfs1 - We are literally 1 day apart. I stop my BCP on Thursday and start stims on Monday. Same meds as well. Very cool :)

LadySosa - I'm glad you're feeling back to your self, but sorry to hear about the results. Definitely glad you're proceeding with IVF. It will happen!!!

beagle mom - FX'd that your husband's work situation works out just how you'd like it to. Definitely a good sign that he was sent to the other store, even if it was just for one day. It shows they trust and value him.

Erin - Sooo good to hear from you again. Fx'd for your natural cycle.

Terri - So funny how your MIL is a holy roller. My brother in law is newly established holy roller lol. I've known him for 12 years and he never once went to church. Then all of a sudden he started shoving his beliefs down everyone's throat. He keeps texting my sister biblical scriptures constantly through out the day and that kind of stuff. But as far as I can see he's all talk (and quoting). He hasn't changed his actions at all, only his words. He still always makes my sister be the designated driver so he can drink when they go out (regardless if she feels like a drink). I'm sure somewhere in the bible it says something about man and wife taking turns being the DD right lol :haha:
P.S. I'm still hoping that your husband gets a surprise today when you make him listen to the message :)

babywhisperer - I'm sorry you're sick... I hope you feel better soon.

jkb11 - Whoo hoo!!! You're getting so close. So excited for you!!

brighteyez - So cute your 17 year-old helped you with your shots. So brave. I would have freaked out at 17 lol. Shoot I might freak out now lol.

booger76 - That's great about the repeat mock transfer. I totally think this will work and everything will work out fine :)

Hi Jen, Moni, & knitgirl.

AFM - My meds arrived today!! Whoo Hoo!! I'm going to wait until DH gets home to go through the box, just to freak him out ha ha. Out of this whole process, all the medication/shots I have to take is what's freaking him out the most lol. Men are such sissies!!

Erin - That sounds like a great idea, especially since the group is growing. Not sure how much info you want, but mine is:

Start Meds: Oct. 27
Retrieval: Nov. 7/8
Transfer: Nov. 12/13

Erin - That sounds like a great idea, especially since the group is growing. Not sure how much info you want, but mine is:

Start Meds: Oct. 27
Retrieval: Nov. 7/8
Transfer: Nov. 12/13

Thanks Amy! i'll go ahead and put you and I on the front page while we wait for everyone else. I think I'll just put transfer dates. Looks like you and I might be pretty close. I should be having my next FET sometime mid November, maybe a week after yours, not sure until I get AF this month. Glad you received your meds!! Very exciting stuff!!

Erin - mine would be early December...at least until I have verification from my next appt.

So Terri I think you need a short list for your dr office...no blond lady with needles comes near me & no mean nurse calls me :)

So as far as the vlog goes, I really don't plan to wait very long to publish it...basically I am hoping for an early Dec transfer & retrieval & then a Christmas announcement.

Ha! So hubs listened, received the bad news and now his mom is being super needy. I told him 'you go deal with her. I've been with her all night!' He just left her trying to use the computer on her own and I'm in the bedroom. He really sees how I feel every month.

On that note, ERose, my status is :jo: I'm bringing her back. Not sure what we're going to do. The doc scared me and said 'you probably want to do another fresh cycle because if you want to have another kid, you won't have any young eggs remaining.' Really?! How about I get kid number one, doctor? That made me mad.

Anyway, I'll probably be lurking for a while and will chime in if I have something good to say. Thanks everyone for all your support. I'm drinking wine starting tomorrow. I'm not bored with drinking anymore!! Hee hee.

Thanks beagle, I've added yours on the front page.

Terri, why are they so concerned with your NEXT kid right now?? I mean, I get that they'd want to get your eggs now rather than later so that the likelihood of a second child is greater. But like you said, right now you're more concerned w/ getting the first one. You have frosties... Don't they feel you should also use your current frosties? What'd they say about that?? Are you putting off a FET then, until you're feeling more up to it, or are you considering another ER? Sorry, I know I'm being a pushy beyotch. Just tell me to suck it. Lol. I'm putting your status as "Taking a Break".

My MIL just left town this morning and we were at the show all night. I'll call today.
Thanks for the 'taking a break.' You don't like granny old eggs? HA!!HA!!

PS. I like your new picture. I can see you much better.

Amy - That's so awesome how close we are. :)

Erin - Great idea. My transfer should be somewhere between November 8th and the 11th if things work out.

Terri - I'm so, so sorry hun. :hugs: You need a break for sure! Don't listen to that stupid doctor. I totally agree with you. How about focusing on the first kid!?!?!?! WTF? I'm so mad for you. :gun: Anyway, drink it up!!!! :wine: Take some time and you'll figure things out when you're ready.

So, it turns out that my insurance won't cover Bravelle so I will now be using Gonal F and Menopur, which means 2 injections for me. On the flip side, it's less to have to mix I guess. I got my meds last week and I only just noticed this last night and freaked out (but the nurse confirmed). I must have been drinking or something when I originally checked the box. :dohh:

Good morning everyone...speaking of the meds box...I previously got everything from freedom fertility when doing injections. I cannot remember but I am pretty sure the box is plain. Does anyone else use Freedom? I am just curious because in the past I just decline the signature & let them leave it at my house. But with the IVF box being SO MUCH more & more $$$ I was thinking I should have it delivered to me at work. Or even have them drop it at a FedEx office if that is possible. Anyways just wondering if anyone remembers if your phamacy name was on the box or even the shipping label. I would not be the one getting the box here, so I know people would be wondering what it is.

Kfs, I've added you on the front page.

I'm putting our names in the order that our transfers are taking place.

Kfs, I had to laugh at your comment that you must've been drinking the first time you looked at the box, lol! I used Gonal-F and menopur as well. Also, Lupron to prevent O. Are you using something for that?

Beagle, I don't use freedom, sorry. And I'm not totally certain, but I'm pretty sure my box said Cigna Home Delivery on it. So for me, if anyone saw it, they wouldn't have known it was fertility meds, but no doubt they'd wonder what the heck kind of meds I got in such a BIG box, ha!

Terri, keep us posted when you call today. I'm feeling very upset with your RE. I mean, I suppose they're just looking out for you and thinking ahead. But you're the patient, and you're the one who knows what you want right now. So I hope today's call goes really good, and that they get you feeling good about things again!

Booger and jkb.... I added your dates to the front page since I already knew them.

Wow jkb, your ER is tomorrow!! Wuhu! Can't wait for tomorrow's update. :) I put your transfer date as the 28th, assuming you're having a day5 transfer. I can change it if that changes.

If anyone notices me making a mistake with anyone's info on the list, let me know!

Good morning everyone...speaking of the meds box...I previously got everything from freedom fertility when doing injections. I cannot remember but I am pretty sure the box is plain. Does anyone else use Freedom? I am just curious because in the past I just decline the signature & let them leave it at my house. But with the IVF box being SO MUCH more & more $$$ I was thinking I should have it delivered to me at work. Or even have them drop it at a FedEx office if that is possible. Anyways just wondering if anyone remembers if your phamacy name was on the box or even the shipping label. I would not be the one getting the box here, so I know people would be wondering what it is.

I used Freedom and I waived the signature so they just left it on my doorstep. I'll check the box tonight to see if it says anything and will let you know.

Kfs, I had to laugh at your comment that you must've been drinking the first time you looked at the box, lol! I used Gonal-F and menopur as well. Also, Lupron to prevent O. Are you using something for that?

Yep. Starting on Gonal/menopur Sunday and then will start Ganirelix a few days after that.

Good morning, ladies! :coffee:

Terri - I'm sorry that the beta was negative. I think it's a good idea to take some time to regroup and figure out how exactly you'd like to proceed. Sometimes I don't think the Dr.'s and nurses realize what they are saying or how something comes across. I would be mad too. :growlmad: Stalk away and take all the time you need. :hugs: Also, hooray for MIL being gone now.

Erin - Thanks for starting the home page tracking thingie - I lose track easily where everyone is at in the process so that will be very handy. Your next transfer is coming right up! :happydance:

kfs - Glad to hear you got the drug switch figured out right away! That's good they switched it for you though so you won't have to pay out of pocket for the other medication. Bummer about the two shots. Is the Gonal done with a pen style injection? If so, you won't feel a thing. Those needles are babies. :thumbup:

Beagle - My medications came from Walgreens specialty pharmacy. The box was unmarked but it was gigantic! All the meds were in a styrofoam cooler that was in the box. I had it delivered to the house with no signature required. I thought about having it come to the office but I'm glad I didn't. Even though it was unmarked, it was so big I'm sure everyone would have been super nosy as to what was in it. :nope:

Amy - Woohoo for the box of meds! It's exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. Only a few more days until you get started! :thumbup:

jkb - How did the trigger go?

babywhisperer - Hope you are feeling better today.

brighteyez - I'm glad you made it through your first set of injections unscathed. :happydance: It's good you have help!

Hello to everyone else!!!!

Nothing new to report here. Just taking notes on how not to treat your adult child. The man is 33 years old - perfectly capable of doing things for himself.......

Oh booger-I'm stalking BUT you can't leave us hanging on that last line! :nope: hee hee.

Oh yeah, I saw this news this morning on Google news and heard it on the radio, too:

https://nypost.com/2014/10/22/drinking-beer-increases-mens-chances-to-conceive-study/

Maybe our nurses and doctors should be barking out instructions for our OHs as well as for us.

Terri- So sorry. And it makes me want to call your office and be like what the heck!?!? I know they do this everyday but that should make them pros at communicating bad news. The way he delivered it was very insensitive and unprofessional. I'm sorry. Go with your gut on what to do next. :hugs:

Booger- trigger went great! And I did a little inside celebration for no longer having to do my stims:happydance: feeling really full right now!

Erin- what a great idea! Thanks for all the time your putting into keeping us up to date. My retrieval is tomorrow however I'm just doing a FET. I'm kinda different because, they are not sure when I go back the earliest would be December 18th but, I have to be one PIO injections for a while first. Dr is hoping it will prevent another miscarriage. With all of them I have done the vaginal progesterone but, I still ended up having a miscarriage. so with that I could end up being in January.

Oh ok, thanks jkb! I forgot you were doing FET. For now, I'll put you as end of Dec since it could be anywhere from Dec 18 to January. I figure "end of Dec" is sorta right in between. :) And if you find out different, you can let me know.

Oh terri, that's such bs!
Hi Erin!
Oh booger I'm with Terri. You can't leave us hanging on that last line!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->