First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

So another delay on the grant. Decision should have been the 15th. I just got an email that says it will be announced at the board meeting on Dec 2. I am so frustrated with them. I do realize they are nonprofit & I know the nonsense they have to go through, but do not announce dates all willy nilly like it doesn't effect anyone. I had pretty much set my mind saying I wouldn't get it anyways. But I delayed my cycle in the summer because of this grant. I moved forward after they changed their original date. I could already be pregnant by now & have a due date that I prefer more. I do not want a late date, I wanted a Spring/Summer baby if I could choose. This is just so frustrating. Not to mention she sent this email AFTER the announcement date. So I am sure everyone, like me, was just waiting for the email announcement & instead we get this. UGH! The good news is I was delayed a bit & now my meds will not start until Dec 1. So if I got it, I could still get a refund & have the grant pay...that is IF it will pay on such short notice. Nothing in the paperwork says anything about how long before I can start a cycle if I get the grant.

Having vented all that, I will OF COURSE be happy if I get the grant...but it has just been such a frustrating experience.

beagle-I agree...super annoying. Luckily, you have already started things rolling, so you can't be too upset about it. The waiting is just terrible when it comes to getting our babies!! Sorry you're eating obsessively too, but if it makes you feel better, it's going to have to do.

knitgirl-Let's see..my frozen cycle is starting on Wednesday and I actually transfer on December 09, so almost three weeks. I think that's about the same as for a fresh cycle, just fewer shots. :shrug: Stop worrying about frosties..you are pregnant! :flower:

I got my meds today. Nothing exciting-three vials of PIO, one vial of del estrogen and a boatload of needles. Yikes! I'm just waiting for Wednesday-beta results for some and scary scratch again for me to get through. By noon, I should be just fine. hee hee.

I think Wednesday will be my last cup of coffee..let's see if that makes any kind of difference. It's not going to be the end of the world, but maybe not drinking one cup will help.

beagle-I agree...super annoying. Luckily, you have already started things rolling, so you can't be too upset about it. The waiting is just terrible when it comes to getting our babies!! Sorry you're eating obsessively too, but if it makes you feel better, it's going to have to do.

knitgirl-Let's see..my frozen cycle is starting on Wednesday and I actually transfer on December 09, so almost three weeks. I think that's about the same as for a fresh cycle, just fewer shots. :shrug: Stop worrying about frosties..you are pregnant! :flower:

I got my meds today. Nothing exciting-three vials of PIO, one vial of del estrogen and a boatload of needles. Yikes! I'm just waiting for Wednesday-beta results for some and scary scratch again for me to get through. By noon, I should be just fine. hee hee.

I think Wednesday will be my last cup of coffee..let's see if that makes any kind of difference. It's not going to be the end of the world, but maybe not drinking one cup will help.

Terri did you ever try the pineapple core? Not sure if it works, but I plan to do it after transfer. I am also planning to only eat/drink warm/room temp foods. I am actually most excited about eating soups...no idea why...but the thought of being cozy in my pjs, socks, & blanket eating soup just makes me happy.

Of course I don't know anything about getting pregnant...good luck quitting the caffeine.

Hi Everyone...

Boy do you miss A LOT when you take a small hiatus. I'm probably going to miss a lot in my response post so please forgive me, it was a lot to catch up on lol.

Erin - I'm sooo sorry about your awful hysteroscopy and the melt down that followed. Sometimes melt downs can be therapeutic. I hope you are feeling better now.

Booger - Ugh, I'm soo sorry about the delay. What a bummer. But then again it's good that the issue will be corrected and there will be nothing getting in the way of you getting pregnant!! Soooo do you think you're going to pick your gender??

JCM - I'm soo sorry you're mom is being so mean.

Leens08 - Congrats on your transfer and hooray for being PUPO!!

Beaglemom - Sorry you're feeling so anxious about the surgery. Though I'm sure everything will be fine. And so annoying about the grant. I'm glad you proceeded and didn't sit around waiting to see if you got it. I can't believe they keep postponing it like that.

Terri - I'm glad you finally got your meds and are ready to start. Is your dad still visiting or did he leave already?

When is everyone testing?? My beta isn't until the 25th. When is everyone else's? We haven't heard from brighteyez73 is a while. I hope she is ok. She should know her results by now I think.

Nothing else new going on with me. Just really tired. I've been watching a lot of Christmas movies on TV and I was REALLY tempted to start putting up my Christmas decoration this weekend haha. But I decided I'll at least wait until Thanksgiving passes!

So another delay on the grant. Decision should have been the 15th. I just got an email that says it will be announced at the board meeting on Dec 2. I am so frustrated with them. I do realize they are nonprofit & I know the nonsense they have to go through, but do not announce dates all willy nilly like it doesn't effect anyone. I had pretty much set my mind saying I wouldn't get it anyways. But I delayed my cycle in the summer because of this grant. I moved forward after they changed their original date. I could already be pregnant by now & have a due date that I prefer more. I do not want a late date, I wanted a Spring/Summer baby if I could choose. This is just so frustrating. Not to mention she sent this email AFTER the announcement date. So I am sure everyone, like me, was just waiting for the email announcement & instead we get this. UGH! The good news is I was delayed a bit & now my meds will not start until Dec 1. So if I got it, I could still get a refund & have the grant pay...that is IF it will pay on such short notice. Nothing in the paperwork says anything about how long before I can start a cycle if I get the grant.

Having vented all that, I will OF COURSE be happy if I get the grant...but it has just been such a frustrating experience.

I am so sorry for the delay with the grant. They obviously underestimated the time needed to go thru all the applications and might be short staffed around the holiday so they didn't want to rush it. You will still know before you start which will be amazing. I know the whole waiting aspect of this journey is maddening. I hope everything goes smoothly from here on.

Afm major headache tonight and I am thirsty like I can't get enough water. Constantly parched. I cramped all day and more intensely than I was this weekend. Heart burn off and on all day and the smell of chicken was very off putting, cooked chicken too which is weird. But so far this headache is no joke. I've decided I'm testing tomorrow. Is 6dp5dt too soon? I tested the trigger was gone this weekend.

I'll be thinking of you on Wed. That scratch sounds like no fun. I'd hop off the table or kick the Dr. Smart move on the caffeine. I've been half caff half decaf or just all decaf. Do you find you miss caffeine? I only have a large cup in the morning but like the ritual. Dh on the other hand drinks it all day long.

Hi Amy!!!
Glad you are enjoying your movies. I've missed you! My dad left early Sunday. :( I'll see him next year sometime. We're going to my MIL house for Christmas, so I won't see anyone in my family. Booo.

Beagle-warm clothes and soup make me happy too. I like the way you think! I did not try pineapple core. I love pineapples and have eaten some during my TWW, but I can't chew the core. Not sure how people do it. I've also heard mixed reviews so I'm not going to try it.

BabyW-yeah! Test tomorrow. Nothing is going on with any of us tomorrow so we'll be looking for excitement. I will not miss the coffee but I like the warmth it brings me. Maybe I can drink a hot lemon/honey water or decaf hot tea.

Hi Amy!!!
Glad you are enjoying your movies. I've missed you! My dad left early Sunday. :( I'll see him next year sometime. We're going to my MIL house for Christmas, so I won't see anyone in my family. Booo.

Beagle-warm clothes and soup make me happy too. I like the way you think! I did not try pineapple core. I love pineapples and have eaten some during my TWW, but I can't chew the core. Not sure how people do it. I've also heard mixed reviews so I'm not going to try it.

BabyW-yeah! Test tomorrow. Nothing is going on with any of us tomorrow so we'll be looking for excitement. I will not miss the coffee but I like the warmth it brings me. Maybe I can drink a hot lemon/honey water or decaf hot tea.

Tomorrow it is. Hopefully I provide some excitement and not a let down. Headache still pounding and I have drank so much water, pear juice, prune juice all to hydrate me. I think it's the PIO shots but I got my bfp with Jack at 12dpiui and it was not a squinter. Praying hard for all of us. Please let this be the most wonderful time of the year for the best friggin reason for all of us. And I include Jan/Feb in that since my white lights stay up for a loooooong time! Makes Winter so less dreary.

Night night ladies. Beta is Fri so hope I'm not jumping the gun here.

Terri you could also put the core in a smoothie. You could try herbal tea as well...calming effect maybe ?
Good luck testing tomorrow baby w.

Yahoooooooooooo Babywhisperer! Congratulations. :) :) :) (Sorry - no help with uploading pics.)

I'm too scared to test. My only symptom has been headaches but they could just be headaches.

Yahoooooooooooo Babywhisperer! Congratulations. :) :) :) (Sorry - no help with uploading pics.)

I'm too scared to test. My only symptom has been headaches but they could just be headaches.

Thank you it's very early so will wait and see what the beta is on Fri before we get excited. I will feel much better once we hear the heartbeat and confirm its a viable pregnancy. I think you should test!

Congrats!

If you hit post reply to the bottom left, you will see a manage attachments section...not sure if you can upload from the phone though.

Thank you it's very early so will wait and see what the beta is on Fri before we get excited. I will feel much better once we hear the heartbeat and confirm its a viable pregnancy. I think you should test!

Of course, of course. But still good news!! :)

Did this work?

It worked & I can def see the line! Maybe you can get in for an earlier beta??? So excited for you! It feels like our first positive after a very long dry spell...& I am sure more to come!!!

I can absolutely see that line - not a squinter. :happydance: :happydance:

Wahoo, Babywhisperer!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I hope that this is the first in a very long string of BFPs around here.

Awesome!

Thanks all. Just praying it is healthy. I'm sure I won't be alone for long since we only transferred one. Dh is nervous so not getting excited yet. If the line is this light I think I will wait or request a beta while I'm there tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->