First time mommies trying for a natural birth support thread!

I'm 38 weeks with my first, and I definitely plan on having an all natural, med free birth. The only bummer was that I tested positive for strep b, so looks like at the most I will end up with an I.V. full of antibiotics, sad :(

Right now my biggest enemy is induction. Thus far I'm 1cm dilated and her little head is really low, so here's hoping

I hope your little girl decides to come out on her own. Fingers crossed for you!

Yea :)

things looked liked they were progressing after I had my 38 week appointment on Friday. I will have to give her a pep talk or something

98% complete for your pregnancy, eh?! Hang in there, and here's to a healthy, natural birth for you!

I'm 38 weeks with my first, and I definitely plan on having an all natural, med free birth. The only bummer was that I tested positive for strep b, so looks like at the most I will end up with an I.V. full of antibiotics, sad :(

Right now my biggest enemy is induction. Thus far I'm 1cm dilated and her little head is really low, so here's hoping

I hope your little girl decides to come out on her own. Fingers crossed for you!

wss^.

My MW left the birthball and a belly bag (bean bag thing with a hole in the middle for the bump to go in so I can lie face down) last appt and we were talking about how to fit the birthpool in my tiny living room. As she was demonstrating positions in which I might like to use the ball during labour it really did start to strike home, wow, I'm actually going to be doing this soon! Not as soon as some of you, of course, but it could be as little as less than 6 weeks!

I'd really really like a natural birth (vaginal with just Gas and Air). I am actually considering a home birth too, as I'm a very nervous person and get really anxious in strange places, so I think being in a hospital will stress me out.

MW was really supportive when I asked about home birth and it didn't even phase her when I mentioned it, so that was a huge relief and they will give me a birthing pool to use too, so that's great!

Either that I will like to be in the MW led unit, which is 40 miles away and the only worry with that is it is a long journey to the hospital if things went wrong :(

The hospital maternity ward is my very last option, but I just don't know what will happen and I may have to go there first :(

It's strange, the thought of an epidural scares me more than being in labour and giving birth!!

me too on the epidural - i'd be terrified of someone wanting to stick something in my spine

Don't know if its too late but I would love to join you ladies. I'm 6 weeks with my first and plan on haveing a HB

I am out : ( Blood pressure playing up at 22 weeks so no home birth for me. Looks like it will be a hospital birth, probably prem : (

I wish you all well and hope it all goes blissfully calm

oh no! can you still have a natural birth w/o meds/interventions?

Pester, Welcome to the thread!

nov_mum, I'm sorry you're having those complications. I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can for you. Do you have to be on bedrest? What are they doing about the blood pressure?

I'm not having a home birth, but I'm still going for a natural birth in the hospital... I hope you can still do that too hun!!!

Hi again, if I get far enough along to birth naturally then I will definitely do that. I had my last two boys with inductions because of BP/preeclampsia but managed to do everything without interventions once labour was started. I am hoping for the same but if I only get to 27 or 28 weeks then I am not so sure that it is an option??

I have been put on methyldopa and having weekly follow ups. Will be seen by the OB's once I reach viability which will be after 24 weeks. I am going to ask what happens if we have to go really early, when I can deliver on my own and when they have to intervene etc.

how is everyone doing?

today, i'll be calling to set up interviews with a few local doulas - so exciting! :dance:

I'm doing pretty well. I've got about 3 weeks left until my due date...I don't know where the time has gone.

Prenatal classes have finally started with my midwives so I'm pretty excited for next weeks class which should cover natural pain management and birthing positions.

I think I'm just going to try to go with the flow and take what comes. I don't want to over plan and then get disappointed if my plan doesn't happen.

Anyone else working on music playlists for labor? I'm trying to get my favorite stuff together on my iPod. I have no idea what I will want to be listening too during labor so I guess I'll try to have quite a mix of types of music.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Oh ya, I'll be interested to hear about the doulas. I will have two midwives and a birthing assistant for my birth so I'm not having a doula, but I've heard that they can be pretty great!

Oh ya, I'll be interested to hear about the doulas. I will have two midwives and a birthing assistant for my birth so I'm not having a doula, but I've heard that they can be pretty great!

What's a birthing assistant?

We're doing well here too, antenatal classes start in a month for me. I'm only having a midwife there, no doula. I'm loving my midwife though! lol

I too am thinking I don't want to make a really specific birth plan, cos I don't want to then be disappointed if it goes differently! I'll have a few specific requests but the general 'plan' is to just go with the flow! :D

The birthing center that I am going to has what they call birthing assistants to help the midwives with every birth. Many of them are trained as doulas and lactation consultants. We can stay up to 24 hours at the birthing centre after the delivery and it is the birthing assistant that will stay with us after the midwife goes home. They can help the mom wash up, give help with breastfeeding, provide food, etc.
I'm really lucky to have gotten a spot at this birthing centre. It is part of our healthcare program here in Canada, so it will be covered by medicare, the same as if I had gone to an obstetrician.

The birthing center that I am going to has what they call birthing assistants to help the midwives with every birth. Many of them are trained as doulas and lactation consultants. We can stay up to 24 hours at the birthing centre after the delivery and it is the birthing assistant that will stay with us after the midwife goes home. They can help the mom wash up, give help with breastfeeding, provide food, etc.
I'm really lucky to have gotten a spot at this birthing centre. It is part of our healthcare program here in Canada, so it will be covered by medicare, the same as if I had gone to an obstetrician.

Sounds lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->