First time mommies trying for a natural birth support thread!

MommyMika, what happened with your scan?

Scan went well, but the tech wouldn't tell us anything :( so now I have to wait until my midwife appointment on Tuesday!!

Tuesday I'll be 40+1 ... so I'll have to try and be very patient until then... :coffee:

Ooh....more waiting...that's tough. Maybe the baby won't make you wait that long....keep us updated!

I think all of you are amazing and brave!

You're all so much further along then I am. DH and I just recently found out were expecting so we're not very far along at all. :yellow:

We very much want a home birth thats as natural as possible. No pain meds, no inducing nothing that nature didn't plan. He's a medical student too and we both agree that the practices used here in the US are excessive. We are due early Dec. so I guess I'll be hanging out in this forum for a long time with you all.:happydance:

Welcome and congratulations!!! :happydance:

Have you seen the movie "The Business of Being Born" ?

it's really good, I highly recommend it !!!

Scan went well, but the tech wouldn't tell us anything :( so now I have to wait until my midwife appointment on Tuesday!!

Tuesday I'll be 40+1 ... so I'll have to try and be very patient until then... :coffee:

Ooh....more waiting...that's tough. Maybe the baby won't make you wait that long....keep us updated!

Thanks so much rducky!!! :hugs:

Waiting is the worst!! :coffee: I wish I knew what was going on!

You're all so much further along then I am. DH and I just recently found out were expecting so we're not very far along at all. :yellow:

We very much want a home birth thats as natural as possible. No pain meds, no inducing nothing that nature didn't plan. He's a medical student too and we both agree that the practices used here in the US are excessive. We are due early Dec. so I guess I'll be hanging out in this forum for a long time with you all.:happydance:

I have seen the movie. I'd always wanted to go natural and painkiller free. "Business of Being Born" really drove me to want to be at home with my husband and loved ones. I want to feel safe and thankful my husband is 100% supportive. :hugs:

I have seen the movie. I'd always wanted to go natural and painkiller free. "Business of Being Born" really drove me to want to be at home with my husband and loved ones. I want to feel safe and thankful my husband is 100% supportive. :hugs:

Before I got pregnant I just assumed I'd want all the drugs :haha: but that movie is what inspired us to go totally natural and painkiller free if possible!

We considered doing a home birth, but we decided not this time... maybe for the next one!

GREAT news!!:happydance:

The baby has dropped way more now, so it looks like I won't need a c-section after all!!!

I am SO excited about that :)!!

MommyMika, that's great news! I'm so happy for you. Keep us posted on how things go.

Hi all, I am new to the forums. I am 27 yrs old and 10w5d pregnant with our first baby. We are all about our natural home birth! I have an awesome midwife. Interviewed with her and her assistant at about 5 weeks and had my first appointment at 6 weeks. I just want to put this out there in the universe, I am thankful and happy we are able to work with her (Ani) and Sara.

Be well all

Hi all, I am new to the forums. I am 27 yrs old and 10w5d pregnant with our first baby. We are all about our natural home birth! I have an awesome midwife. Interviewed with her and her assistant at about 5 weeks and had my first appointment at 6 weeks. I just want to put this out there in the universe, I am thankful and happy we are able to work with her (Ani) and Sara.

Be well all

Congrats and welcome!

MommyMika, just wondering what happened with you? Hope you have a baby by now...

I think this is an awesome Forum ladies. And like alot of you I have been coping a bit of flack about wanting to go Natural and Drug free. Its my body and my choice. I'm not spending 9 months of being careful of what I eat, inhale and absorb into my skin just to blow it on a heavily medicated pregnancy (unless there is complications). I am in Private cover thank goodness, so will have better access to a birthing pool. I'm blesses to have such a wonderful DH who will stand by my/our decion and will not allow me to be pushed around by OBS and Midwives or anyone else. For Thousands of generations before us, every woman delivered pain relief free, so why can't we? Cause these days we as people on a whole are so spoilt we've turned soft! And everything is so darn accessible.

If Mary can deliver Jesus Pain relief free, with no help from anyone, (and apparently it was a difficult labour) then I deliver my baby that way too. :)

Sheesh sorry for my rant ladies, just sick of people judging us straight away for our choices, when infact this whole on your back heavily medicated thing is relativley new compared to our way.

I'm definitely going for a natural birth too. I'll be at the hospital here though, but my midwife is very supportive of my ideas and plans so I'm hopeful it all goes to plan.... early days yet though!!!! :)

Is anyone planning on using a TENS machine? I have heard mixed reviews and am now completely confused about whether to rent one or not! I want to avoid G&A so wondering if this is the way forward ...

Is anyone planning on using a TENS machine? I have heard mixed reviews and am now completely confused about whether to rent one or not! I want to avoid G&A so wondering if this is the way forward ...

Yup. My cousin used one and has said it was great. I figure there's no harm in trying, if it doesn't work for me I'll just turn it off! I really want to avoid G&A too, I hate feeling woozy, dizzy or sick.

I don't know much about a TENs machine. But we don't have G&A here in Canada. I'll ask my midwife about the TENs machine....where would you rent one from?

MommyMika, just wondering what happened with you? Hope you have a baby by now...

I do :)! I have a gorgeous baby boy now!!! Malachi Liam. Born vaginally, although we did have another c-section scare as his heart rate was dropping badly with contractions. Turned out the cord was tight around his neck :( if I didn't dilate as fast as I did, it would have been a c-section... sooo close!

My labour was long, and unfortunately I didn't make it 100% drug free :( but I went about 3/4 of the way drug free so I'm at least proud of myself for that!

Hi all. Sorry to barge in but just having a flick through the pages of BnB as we're thinking of ttc number 2 soon, so thought I'd come back for a remenisce!

I had a home water birth planned and wanted only gas and air if necessary. Sadly my waters broke at 35+5 (on the day the MW was coming to sign me off for a home birth!!) so I had to go into hospital (bang went plan a!) I won't bore you with the details but the only advice I have is to plan only what's necessary. I'd hired the birth pool and sorted in my head and with oh where things were going to happen, ensured we had the equipment we needed etc but no finer details. I think this really helped me accept that things were going to take an alternative path when the time came. It's hard to let go of the birth you wanted if you have to, even the little details, and in hindsight because I hadn't planned a music list, which oils to burn at home etc, it wasn't as bad.

I wasn't scared of labour at all, never, even when plans had to change, and I'm really thankful that I had a 'normal' delivery and only had to have drugs at 7cm to lower blood pressure. It was a really postive experience and it's brilliant!

So, my advice is; plan the basics then go with the flow :)

Hope you all get the home births you want :)

I do :)! I have a gorgeous baby boy now!!! Malachi Liam. Born vaginally, although we did have another c-section scare as his heart rate was dropping badly with contractions. Turned out the cord was tight around his neck :( if I didn't dilate as fast as I did, it would have been a c-section... sooo close!

My labour was long, and unfortunately I didn't make it 100% drug free :( but I went about 3/4 of the way drug free so I'm at least proud of myself for that!

Congrats! I'm glad you avoided a c-section and that everything turned out great!

New2Bumps, thanks for the advice. I think you're right to not overplan!

Hope you get your BFP soon!

I was wondering if I could join, I'm not a first time mum but it will hopefully be my first time going 100% natural. Last two births were induced with prostins due to PET. Had TENs which was awesome and will do it again. Hoping this time around that nature can take it's course. My MW and I are very hopeful : )

I was wondering if I could join, I'm not a first time mum but it will hopefully be my first time going 100% natural. Last two births were induced with prostins due to PET. Had TENs which was awesome and will do it again. Hoping this time around that nature can take it's course. My MW and I are very hopeful : )

Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->