First time moms 30 and older

C

cutestuff

I would love to start a new thread for us women in limbo. You can be prego TTC numbers 2 or more or raising a toddler. I would love to create closeknit group of women who support and help each other in all the new phases of life. All are welcome. About me I am 32 and my dh is 34. Our dd is 18 months old and we are ntnp number 2. We are celebrating 7 years married and 14 years together and I would love to make some internet bffs.

Hi Cutestuff!! :wave:

I'm 31 and my DH is 32. I'm a high school math teacher, and our dd is 4.5 months old. I know that isn't toddler age, but if no one minds I'd like to hang out and have a group to chat with. Plus, it's always nice to see what I have to look forward to! We are thinking we might start TTC#2 when dd is around a year old. We'll just have to see how things go.

All my RL friends either have kids much older (late elementary through high school age!) OR have no kids at all. I spend a lot of time with teachers os my friends range from 10 years younger to 15 years older but no one has any kids close to my daughters age, except a couple friends who are out of state. :( I'd love to find some ladies to chat with who don't have to say "Hmm back when my kid was that age we did..." and reference something from 10 years ago! :haha:

Thanks! <3

Hey ladies! :wave:

I'm 31 and dh is 32. We have an almost 3 year old son. We will be married 12 years next month. I seriously can't believe that! Due to infertility we had our son much later than everyone else we know. My sister's son is 3.5 months younger than mine but it's hard to get together due to our schedules.

I guess for now we are ntnp a second. But I'm not terribly hopeful as I mentioned we have struggled with infertility our entire marriage. We tried 9 medicated cycles last year and had two chemicals. I'm working on accepting ds is likely going to be our only one.

Welcome krissie and angel yes us late bloomers have to stick together. I would love getting to know you and yes time does fly by so quick it's hard to even blink sometimes cause you might miss something...........
Angel all ages are cool here. This thread is a hang out place and I love the idea of being able to help moms with younger babies.
Krissie I'm sorry about the infertility. That's rough but here's hoping you get a miracle. I want to ask though if talking about ttc or sharing a bfp would be offensive or hurtful for you....please let us know. We can temper our discussions about that....

Cutestuff- absolutely not! I can honestly say I'm also so happy when you gals get a bfp. I've really made my peace with our infertility. It ruled my life a long time and I've just had to let it go and accept ds is such a miracle for us. Since that happened it's really changed how I think and act as a mom, for the better!

Hey lovely ladies!!

I'm 32 and DH is 33 and we are pregnant with our first princess (and first baby). We got married five years ago and wanted to enjoy time together before starting a family. I had my mirena removed March 2016 and we got pregnant in July 2016, which ended in a chemical pregnancy. We are pregnant again and I'm due July 19 (so almost 8 months pregnant) and I'm so thankful to have you ladies to help guide me through what I can only assume will be some of the best, hardest, and most rewarding months to come.

This feels like a reunion from the different groups I've been in. :haha:

I'm counting down the days until I am FREE for summer! We have 5 weeks of the school year left, and it feels like an eternity! This is the time when I miss teaching in Texas. There we were out by the end of May or first week of June (started earlier though). This going until June 22nd bit is killing me! The worst part, honestly, is pumping at work. I am determined to BF up through 6 months as much as possible but I loathe pumping. Especially when I can only do it on my planning period so I lose my time for making copies and stuff because I'm attached to a pump. :nope:

I've attached a couple pics of my daughter, Melody. She found her thumb this last week and she's so cute sucking on it!

Hi Krissie! Wow, 12 years! That seems so long! DH and I will be at 3 years next month. I'm sorry you weren't able to conceive a second, but I am really glad that you've made peace with your fertility. :hugs:

Gagrl - I can't believe how far along you are! It seems like just last week that you got your BFP! My birthday is July 25th, so you need to be a week late and have her on my birthday. :haha: (joking, I wouldn't wish that on anyone! I was miserable my last week and I had Melody a week early!) I can't wait to hear all about your LO.

Attachments

• 18519716_10105845019950200_8958469075865264247_n.jpg
    18519716_10105845019950200_8958469075865264247_n.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 18221923_10154315612516401_1432712873911195436_n.jpg
    18221923_10154315612516401_1432712873911195436_n.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 5
Angel- hi hun. I cannot believe you have 5 more weeks!!! My last day is this coming Friday. I am so stoked! This was a rough year personally and professionally and I really need the break.

I can't believe how big Melody is getting. She is such a cutie. They seriously grow so fast. I'm really not sure how ds is almost 3.

Gagrl- it doesn't seem that long ago you got your bfp. Congrats on your girl. Have you picked out a name?

Angel- look at those eyes!!!!!!! I'm with Kristie, five more weeks!? Hopefully they go fast. As far as being a week late though, my friend who knew I was pregnant before I did and who said peanut was a girl before the ultrasound, also thinks I'm going to deliver the week of July 9.. Man wouldn't that be wonderful?

Krissie- we've picked out a name, but have decided not to announce it until she's born. Hence why we call her peanut..

Tonight is the first night in the new house(to me anyways as this is the house dh grew up in). Our cat who's 19 years old is having a very rough time audjusting here and has been walking around crying all night hence why I'm up at 3am.. I'm literally about to go lay down on the couch in the living room with her just to keep her from crying. It's heartbreaking to hear (she's never been alowed in our bedroom because she tends to be vindictive and pee on things like clothes and beds). I'm at a loss on what to do.

Aww your poor kitty. I hope she's managed to settle down now and you both are getting rest.

That's pretty cool you've kept the name a secret. I kinda wished we would have. I think it really adds to the excitement of the birth.

Aww your poor kitty. I hope she's managed to settle down now and you both are getting rest.

That's pretty cool you've kept the name a secret. I kinda wished we would have. I think it really adds to the excitement of the birth.

I ended up going to lay on the couch and she slept with me.. Now she's sleeping in the couch alone and she's fine.. I think she was just so disoriented.

That's kind of why we are choosing to keep her name a secret... But we had the babe picked out way before we even began TTC.

Hi ladies. Yay it sounds like all you teachers are almost done with school.
Welcome garl it will be an honor to help you. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. It's always hard when they cry......
I'm so glad this group is here already.....

Hi can I join? I am 30 in 2 months and first baby is due in just over 2 weeks. I'm also a teacher, seems like there's a lot on here. Luckily though I'm off work, got signed off for medical leave early. It was killing me, I couldn't have done much longer. I'll be taking next year off it going back to my same school for the 2018 school year.

Hi symphony! It's nice to see you here. That's a bummer things were rough for you. But how wonderful you can take a year off.

Hi all! I'm Debbie, I will be 37 in a few months and my husband is 38. We had our first when I was 33 and our 2nd when I was 34. We've been together since high school. We just waited an extra long time to have kids. :)

Welcome symphony. It's nice to have you here.
Angel our daughters could pass as sisters... Dd is a blue eyed strawberry blond. Don't know how to do pics but when I figure it out I'll totally post some pics. My internet is down

We took Melody to the park today for the first time. We live a few blocks away and it's beautiful today (rare for us lately, on the Pacific North West) so we walked down to the park. She really loved the swing. She can't hold herself up just yet obviously but she leaned forward on the swing and was having fun.

5 weeks feels/sounds like an eternity! I know! We don't start until after Labor Day, and we had a lot of snow days this year, but that only lengthened our year by 1 day (the other 2 or 3 were built into the school year so we just lost a couple 3 day weekends). I'm kinda sad because Memorial day was supposed to be a 4-day weekend for us and we are having to attend school Friday to make up for a snow day.

Krissie - I keep forgetting you're in a school. I can't believe you're out this Friday. I'm INCREDIBLY JEALOUS! When did you start? Am I right to think you're in Idaho? I really thought the northern states were late starts, and only the southern states were out this early. My first couple years teaching we were out by memorial day. We were in Texas though and had tos tart mid-August.

Thanks. Melody is really big. 4.5 months but wearing 6-9 month clothes!

Gagrl - Aww thanks. Her eyes are my favorite! I hope they stay that way! July 9th?! As long as she's fully developed that would be so nice! My doctor had said M could come anytime after 36 weeks and she'd be okay with that, but the longer she "cooked" the better. However once she came, supposedly a week early, the doctor said placenta was already starting to calcify in some places so she was definitely ready to come out. I think if I had made it to my supposed due date she would have been way over due.

I'm so sorry to hear about the cat though. That's so rough! I hope she adjusts soon. Do you have anything that she usually lays on, like a blanket or pet bed that she could get comfort from? I know that cats aren't quite like dogs in that respect but maybe it could help. I hope if she's that vindictive type she pee on things like the baby bed when baby comes!

Symphony - Welcome!! That's rough that you had to go out early, but I'm glad you are able to relax some before baby comes. I was told to stop work a week early, but I was already on Xmas break when that happened so I stopped working technically 3 weeks before due date. Honestly I don't know if I could have handled 3 more weeks. My hips were killing me and teenagers are rough when you're 8.5 months pregnant!! What do you teach? That's really nice that you can take a whole year off. I'm so jealous. I got 3 months mat leave and then added a month of emergency leave because of family situations that left me without childcare. Unfortunately that extra month meant no pay (none of my mat leave was paid) AND my job wouldn't pay my insurance that extra month so I had to pay out a lot to take the extra month. in the end it was worth it. My daughter is sleeping way better at 4 months than she was at 3, and I can at least somewhat function at this point. :)

Debbie - Hi!! :wave: That's so great that you've been together since high school! My husband and I dated in high school, then split up after and 10 years later ran into each other back in our home town (both our parents still lived there) and we ended up together again and married. Best decision of my life. <3 We've been talking about how soon to start TTC#2, since I'm going to be 32 in July I don't want to wait too long but I'm nervous about trying to manage too soon. Sounds like yours were close together, how was it for you? Was it really hard being pregnant with a little one?

Cutestuff - your dd sounds adorable! Can't wait to see pics! <3

Attachments

• 18582132_10105878655629030_1308826755083280957_n.jpg
    18582132_10105878655629030_1308826755083280957_n.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 18582051_10105878655509270_1664253339504370660_n.jpg
    18582051_10105878655509270_1664253339504370660_n.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2
Yea, I am in Idaho. My contract started Aug 8th with teachers starting the 15th and students the 22nd. For whatever reason the schools start in my are a earlier due to the fair. Next year I'm starting a little later and will get out the Friday after memorial day.

We had 8 snow days this year! They lengthened student days and it didn't impact me at all. So it was kinda nice.

The park looks like a lot of fun. I love taking ds to the park now. We went yesterday and he had a blast.

Welcome Debbie.

Welcome Debbie. We are in tahoe or California so I'm loving hearing about everyone's climate. I love the park. Rosie (dd) loves the slides and swings.

Hi :wave: I am 37 and DH is 39 we have 2 children Elliot who is 3 and Izzy who is 18 months - we have been married for 7 years this October but together for nearly 12 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->