First time moms 30 and older

Hi ladies.

Interesting thread :D

I am 32, DH is 34. We have been married for 6.5 years and known each other for 9 years (wow..eeks!)

We have a 2y4m old little boy, who makes life worth living everyday!

DH and I both work full-time in financial markets and stay in Asia. Our child stays at home with his sitter and also attends nursery 4X week for 2 hours.

Currently, we are contemplating whether to have another child or not. We would love for my boy to have a sibling but i just can't see myself loving another kid as much as i love him and also share the affection he gets from everyone :|

Hi ladies.

I am 32, DH is 34. We have been married for 6.5 years and known each other for 9 years (wow..eeks!)

DH and I both work full-time in financial markets and stay in Asia. Our child stays at home with his sitter and also attends nursery 4X week for 2 hours.

Currently, we are contemplating whether to have another child or not. We would love for my boy to have a sibling but i just can't see myself loving another kid as much as i love him and also share the affection he gets from everyone :|

:hi: I had these exact same worries and the mummy guilt when I was pregnant was fierce but my two adore each other and you will be amazed how much capacity for love you actually have - now I cannot imagine him not having his little sister

Welcome demotivated and twag. I hope everyone is well. I just got my internet back. It sounds like everyone's gearing up for summer. I'm loving that I had a winter which refilled our lakes and rivers so we can have a better summer. I think Rosie's been having nightmares. She woke up inconsolable at midnight last night and 430 the previous morning. We co sleep and I'm still nursing so it was rough. She wouldn't take the boob and was almost making herself sick...... I think I've attached some pics .. She's my princess.
I would like some input....there's a family reunion next month for family I haven't seen in several years at least if not more than a decade but its a 12 hour car ride minimum and I don't know if I should do that. Flying isn't an option financially and it would be difficult to predict our next opportunity to see these people....:shrug:

Attachments

• IMG_20170521_105444.jpg
    IMG_20170521_105444.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20170521_105456.jpg
    IMG_20170521_105456.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
Cutestuff- we have a ton of water after this winter too. I am so excited to get down to the lake more. DS and I just love it there but it is a bit of drive. Your daughter is a cutie. I hope she doesn't continue with the nightmares. DS had one a couple nights ago and it was so rough. As for the family reunion. I would go, maybe just plan for extra breaks. If you can split it up over two days maybe that would be better.

Welcome to the new ladies.

Afm, I got a positive opk today after 3 days of great ewcm. Now... like I mentioned we have dealt with infertility so ovulating is a pretty huge deal for me since I have PCOS. I do hate how I get optimistic and starting thinking of the what ifs though. I guess we will see what happen.

We took Melody to the park today for the first time. We live a few blocks away and it's beautiful today (rare for us lately, on the Pacific North West) so we walked down to the park. She really loved the swing. She can't hold herself up just yet obviously but she leaned forward on the swing and was having fun.

5 weeks feels/sounds like an eternity! I know! We don't start until after Labor Day, and we had a lot of snow days this year, but that only lengthened our year by 1 day (the other 2 or 3 were built into the school year so we just lost a couple 3 day weekends). I'm kinda sad because Memorial day was supposed to be a 4-day weekend for us and we are having to attend school Friday to make up for a snow day.

Krissie - I keep forgetting you're in a school. I can't believe you're out this Friday. I'm INCREDIBLY JEALOUS! When did you start? Am I right to think you're in Idaho? I really thought the northern states were late starts, and only the southern states were out this early. My first couple years teaching we were out by memorial day. We were in Texas though and had tos tart mid-August.

Thanks. Melody is really big. 4.5 months but wearing 6-9 month clothes!

Gagrl - Aww thanks. Her eyes are my favorite! I hope they stay that way! July 9th?! As long as she's fully developed that would be so nice! My doctor had said M could come anytime after 36 weeks and she'd be okay with that, but the longer she "cooked" the better. However once she came, supposedly a week early, the doctor said placenta was already starting to calcify in some places so she was definitely ready to come out. I think if I had made it to my supposed due date she would have been way over due.

I'm so sorry to hear about the cat though. That's so rough! I hope she adjusts soon. Do you have anything that she usually lays on, like a blanket or pet bed that she could get comfort from? I know that cats aren't quite like dogs in that respect but maybe it could help. I hope if she's that vindictive type she pee on things like the baby bed when baby comes!

Symphony - Welcome!! That's rough that you had to go out early, but I'm glad you are able to relax some before baby comes. I was told to stop work a week early, but I was already on Xmas break when that happened so I stopped working technically 3 weeks before due date. Honestly I don't know if I could have handled 3 more weeks. My hips were killing me and teenagers are rough when you're 8.5 months pregnant!! What do you teach? That's really nice that you can take a whole year off. I'm so jealous. I got 3 months mat leave and then added a month of emergency leave because of family situations that left me without childcare. Unfortunately that extra month meant no pay (none of my mat leave was paid) AND my job wouldn't pay my insurance that extra month so I had to pay out a lot to take the extra month. in the end it was worth it. My daughter is sleeping way better at 4 months than she was at 3, and I can at least somewhat function at this point. :)

Debbie - Hi!! :wave: That's so great that you've been together since high school! My husband and I dated in high school, then split up after and 10 years later ran into each other back in our home town (both our parents still lived there) and we ended up together again and married. Best decision of my life. <3 We've been talking about how soon to start TTC#2, since I'm going to be 32 in July I don't want to wait too long but I'm nervous about trying to manage too soon. Sounds like yours were close together, how was it for you? Was it really hard being pregnant with a little one?

Cutestuff - your dd sounds adorable! Can't wait to see pics! <3

That's great that you are back together with your high school sweetheart!:cloud9: We had our son when our dd was just 16 months old. It was quite the adjustment for us, but I'm glad we did it that way. I wouldn't say the pregnancy was hard, but I did have a complication (cholestasis) which made me quite miserable until we got it under control. I do think the pregnancy flew by much faster than it did with my first. Having a little one to take care of made the time go by so much faster!

Krissie yay for the positive opk. I was thinking the same thing but I'm not driving my dad is so I know they will do what they can its just a tough call. Its okay to feel bummed out about the fertility aspect of things. Its hard to see people not have to worry about that.
Debbie i m sorry to hear about your complications. Its actually my biggest fear. I had pih with dd and was induced at 37 weeks followed by a hemerage where I lost almost half my blood volume followed still by a d&c when Rosie was 6 weeks old. I'm almost guaranteed to have the same pih with number 2 and who knows what else so its nerve wracking to think about.
Angel how cute you met in highschool... I met my dh the summer after I graduated and we've been together since then.
AFM I'm hoping dd gets her language explosion soon. She's been on target or ahead in all the physical stuff so this is our last step... She might have a half a dozen words but only regularly uses 2-3.....she's doing a lot more babbling lately so maybe its right around the corner????

Hi ladies.

:hi: I had these exact same worries and the mummy guilt when I was pregnant was fierce but my two adore each other and you will be amazed how much capacity for love you actually have - now I cannot imagine him not having his little sister

Thank you. I do look around and feel what you are saying and yes, every child deserves a sibling (I have 1 and she is my lifeline). My folks tell us the same so may be will take the plunge next year or sooner :)

AFM I'm hoping dd gets her language explosion soon. She's been on target or ahead in all the physical stuff so this is our last step... She might have a half a dozen words but only regularly uses 2-3.....she's doing a lot more babbling lately so maybe its right around the corner????

Hey, my son barely had 3 words at 15months. By 18 months, he added a few more words and by 2, he was talking in 2-3 word sentences. Now at 28months, he just eats my head off :p
Kids have this amazing ability to surprise you. We didnt have a sudden language explosion. It just built on gradually :)

My son is almost 3. I worried so much about his words. I finally took him at 20 months to get his hearing checked and it turned out he couldn't hear. He went from 8-10 words at 21 months to over 75 by 2 years after his tubes. Now at almost 3 he is completely on track (or a little ahead). Now we just got to clear up his speech but it's coming. I got him assessed last week and she had few concerns. :happydance:

If you're concerned you can call your infant and toddler program and get her evaluated. It's free to you and doesn't require a doctor's referral.

Thanks demotivated and krissie. So far they aren't concerned and its obvious she's trying to actively communicate her needs I just hear about kids in her age range saying more but I guess that's the drawback of comparisons....I know she will do it when she's ready.....
It starting to heat up here. I've been looking forward to spending time in the water..........

Cute your LG is very cute and similar in age to my DD - who also is still co-sleeping (most of the night and BFeeding) sorry she has been having nightmares poor thing

My son who is 3 has this sudden fear of his bedroom which is making bedtime hardwork :(

Hi everyone, I've just turned 38! My hubby is 41, we have a daughter who is nearly 5 and a son who is nearly 3, their birthdays are 7 days apart. My daughter is autistic, she is extremely loving and likes her cuddles but she's very headstrong and stubborn (gets it from me)!, we are extremely proud of her. My little boy is very cheeky and also loves cuddles and is very helpful.
I'm a stay at home mummy and my hubby works away alot. We have just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary

I'm 30 years old with a 4 month old and I am 5 weeks pregnant :D
Hello!

I felt like a really old mama having my first at 30. Most of the girls I went to high school with had kids in their 20s and have multiple kids! My own mama had me at 24.

I feel like I'm getting a late start, but I had some gyno issues to get resolved before I was finally able to conceive.

Hello ladies!

:hi: I also felt old having my 1st at the ripe old age of 34 especially as both my sisters & my brother who are all younger than me by 4/6/8 years had 2 children each before I even started and all the people I went to school with & my mother had me when she was 18 :shrug:
But I wouldn't change anything now (although I do wish I had younger person energy chasing about after 2 toddlers lol)

Congrats on your #2 and lovely close in age :cloud9:

:hi: I also felt old having my 1st at the ripe old age of 34 especially as both my sisters & my brother who are all younger than me by 4/6/8 years had 2 children each before I even started and all the people I went to school with & my mother had me when she was 18 :shrug:
But I wouldn't change anything now (although I do wish I had younger person energy chasing about after 2 toddlers lol)

I can totally relate. Both of my sister's have three kids.. my oldest nephew is 16 and I was 16 when he was born... Cool part is he will be 16 when my daughter is born in July.

I can totally relate. Both of my sister's have three kids.. my oldest nephew is 16 and I was 16 when he was born... Cool part is he will be 16 when my daughter is born in July.

That is pretty cool :)

My oldest nephew is 12 this year and he is my youngest sister who is 6 years younger than me's eldest :haha:

That is pretty cool gagrl.

I do wish more people around me had kids similar in age to DS. I think the closest is gonna be 9 this year. Thankfully he loves playing with my DS. :haha:

My sister's boy is a few months younger than mine but our husbands don't get along and so we don't get together as often as we could.

That is pretty cool gagrl.

I do wish more people around me had kids similar in age to DS. I think the closest is gonna be 9 this year. Thankfully he loves playing with my DS. :haha:

My sister's boy is a few months younger than mine but our husbands don't get along and so we don't get together as often as we could.
Welcome newbies. Great to have you. Rosie's cousin is 12 right now but we luckily have a couple friends who had babies at 30. One was planned the other was while on the mirena thing completely unplanned. She has two older kids who are 11 and 9 so she was totally done.
Wow four months old and expecting another. That's awesome. You are braver than I.
Dh and I are still trying to decide. And I've decided 30 isn't old it's just youth challenged. It's certainly been a challenge bf with teeth especially co sleeping but I wouldn't change it for the world. She's certainly the best part of my life.

Welcome newbies. Great to have you. Rosie's cousin is 12 right now but we luckily have a couple friends who had babies at 30. One was planned the other was while on the mirena thing completely unplanned. She has two older kids who are 11 and 9 so she was totally done.
Wow four months old and expecting another. That's awesome. You are braver than I.
Dh and I are still trying to decide. And I've decided 30 isn't old it's just youth challenged. It's certainly been a challenge bf with teeth especially co sleeping but I wouldn't change it for the world. She's certainly the best part of my life.[/QUOTE]

LOL well it wasn't planned but we are thrilled. With baby #1 it took several years to have him- and that was after a surgery to fix endometriosis and remove a polycystic ovary and also a procedure to have my remaining tube flushed out. So we weren't worried about birth control really. But I guess having my tube flushed out fixed the final problem I was having that was hurting my infertility.

We do want a big family though!

Hello ladies, just dipping my toes in here. Recognise a few names for the TTC over 30 thread, I used to be on there when it was very first started. I don't log on very often so I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up, will try though.

My son was born when I was 33.5 years, he will be 19 months tomorrow. I was telling my friends that if it weren't for my "advanced" maternal age, I wouldn't even be thinking of a second baby for a few years. Having said that, we are not planning to TTC anytime soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->