First time moms 30 and older

I agree, I often wonder how some of the other ladies are doing. Anyway thanks for creating that thread, it was of invaluable support to me while I was TTC (and beyond).

My LO is almost 2 now, I must update my ticker. We weren't planning to do much for his birthday, just cake at home with my parents, but we ended up having a party with relatives and friends. It was fun although he won't remember it :D

Holly and fluer it's funny how many people felt that way. I too enjoyed the thread though I was stalking more than participating. My dd got 2 parties we had one with friends at a local bowling/ fun center and another for family on thanksgiving.
I'm hoping a majority of those ladies find us here and we hear from some of the other ladies on here. Summer is flying by and though I don't have traditional work I really wish dd wouldn't get so big so fast

Ugh I just just had a 18 month check up for dd and the doc was encouraging me to sleep train and wean dd. Part of me knows she's almost 2 and needs to be sleeping through the night and at least starting to wean but another part of me wants to keep this up as long as possible. They also said that while she seems on track developmentally if she's not saying at least 50 words and some sentences by the time of her 2 year appointment they might refer her to speech therapy. Its hard cause you want your kids healthy and normal but I don't know what more I can do. Who knows the changes the next 6 months will bring but here's wishing everyone gets amazing news

Aww it's stressful knowing what do to for the best. Do you mean weaning from breastfeeding? Does she wake up a lot overnight?

Is she saying a few words? Children are so different though, and don't all reach their milestones at the same time. A few months can make such a difference! My sister is a speech therapist, I can ask her for some quick tips if you want.

Does she still wake a lot during the night? When Charlotte started sleeping on her stomach she began sleeping through the night.

As far as the talking, our pediatrician told us that she doesn't have to clearly pronounced a word right for it to count. For example, she says "buh" when pointing to and wanting her books, like she's saying book without the K. This counts as a word since she uses it in context and she is clearly trying to enunciate it.

My peanut is here... I'm so in love with her.. It's crazy!

Garl many congrats heading your way. It's an amazing time. Fluer and holly she has roughly 30 words and some phrases as of right now. She has clearly said quite a few things but when I brought up a child a few months younger than her speaking more clearly that's when I was told they don't worry about speach until age 2 and at that point it should be at least 50 words and starting to string words together.
As for the sleeping she has never really slept through the night. I am still breastfeeding and though it's not really a full waking dd will breast feed at night 6-10 times for a minute or less and since we share a bed it's been okay as we all get more sleep that way. I know that's probably not the best plan but it's been amazing so far and I would rather continue what works than change it up for other perspectives especially since when she doesn't get what she wants she works herself up to a point where she vomits.

Congrats Gagrlinpitt! That loved-up feeling is awesome <3

DS only started really sleeping through when he was 18 months old, when I weaned him. Otherwise he would still wake up every 2-3 hours to feed! At that point it was only comfort feeding, he had dropped all day feeds by himself well before 1 year old. He was mixed fed from 3 days old. Our paed advised me to let DH take care of him at night when he woke up, that it would only take 1 night to wean him but he was HYSTERICAL, I couldn't bear it. I finally weaned him myself over 3 nights, and honestly it wasn't as hard as I feared. We did have tears, yes, but he settled pretty easily when I explained that my boobies were broken (I kept my bra on to sleep!) and offered water instead.

As Hollyness says, a word doesn't necessarily need to be perfectly pronounced for it to count. DS sometimes uses random words but we know what he means and he consistently uses those words, so they count. So she might actually have more words than 30. See how her vocabulary develops over the next couple of months and ask for an appointment if you're still worried. She could easily have more than 50 by the time she's 2, it's amazing how they suddenly start picking up words!

Congrats Gagrl!!! Enjoy your little sweet pea and those intoxicating newborn snuggles <3

I found you ladies! I haven't logged in in months because the tone of the over 30s TTC thread wasn't helpful for me anymore. But I do think of many of you ladies and wanted to see if I could stalk some of you a bit to see how you all were doing, and here you are!

Thanks for making another thread, Cutestuff. I haven't caught up on all the pages, but I will.

GaGrl, congrats on your little girl arriving! How exciting. I hope it's been really wonderful being with her!

My little boy is 12 weeks old now and today was my first day back to work. The first 8 weeks were a blur of next to no sleep and a colicky baby. We later learned he has reflux, so not just "colic". He's still not a marvelous sleeper, but we've adjusted to that now and I enjoy him sooo much. He's a chunky boy with a silly precious little grin and adorable personality. Loving motherhood-- not loving how it feels leaving him at daycare. Hopefully I'll adjust soon!

As for an introduction for those I'm not familiar with from other threads-- I'm a 33 yr old FTM to a sweet little boy, married, and a psychologist. Struggled to get pregnant so am immensely grateful for my little guy. Hope to try again at some point between 18-30 months.

Anywho, so nice to "see" you ladies!!

Hi MissDoc!

I loved the 30s TTC thread I started until it got taken over. I just kinda bowed out after a while....too much negativity. Glad to see you are well and have a LO of your own!! Congrats! Going back to work is tough, but it becomes your new normal after a while, and those smiles greeting you wen you get home are that much more special <3

Hello Ladies! I know it&#8217;s been over a month since I was last on, I haven&#8217;t really been on BnB this summer. I&#8217;ve been busy with little Miss Melody, planning for the next school, and our normal summer stuff like canning and making jam. Plus trying to stock up on freezer stock of homemade baby food. She&#8217;s 7 months old and doing So well! She&#8217;s crawling everywhere, and starting pulling herself up stand in the last couple days. The only problem now is that she&#8217;ll stand up in the crib when trying to put her to sleep, and she can&#8217;t figure out how to get back down again yet so she stands there crying. :dohh: Silly girl. She&#8217;s also super tall - wearing 12 and 18 month clothes! :wacko:

We&#8217;ve started to wean off BF during the day because I don&#8217;t want to go through pumping again this school year. It was really hard last school year and I&#8217;m just not up for it again. We still nurse in the evening, and before bedtime, but she took to the formula really well and is doing great. She&#8217;s eating solids 3 times a day, and LOVES food. I love this age. She&#8217;s so interested in so many things, and can amuse herself now that she can move around she&#8217;s not as fussy either. I&#8217;m so in love with this little girl. Dreading the summer ending and going back to my classroom at the end of the month.

Side Note: Is anyone else having issues with BnB and the ads? I've been trying to post for 2 days and I couldn't get around the ad. No matter WHERE I clicked it opened another ad on another page but wouldn't let me reply. It's been incredibly frustrating. I think it was a glitch though, and probably because I'm using my computer instead of phone.

Gagrl - Congrats!! That&#8217;s so exciting! <3

Cutestuff - It&#8217;s hard when the doctor recommends something you aren&#8217;t necessarily ready for. Are they wanting you to completely wean, or are you only nursing at night? I know that Melody started sleeping through the night when I started to wean her off of the middle of night nursing. Essentially when she&#8217;d wake up, instead of nursing, I would do our nightime/bedtime routine, rock/pat her and sometimes offer her a pacifier (only if she'd easily take it) to ease the sucking need. We worked on only eliminating one feeding at a time, so I started with the wake up that occurred between 2-3am, then when that was mostly eliminated worked on another one, etc. It resulted in about 3-4 really rough nights, for each feeding we dropped, but it was lovely when she started to sleep through the night! I also make sure to give her a bottle or nurse when I go to bed, while she&#8217;s still asleep, and that helps hold her over. Now she&#8217;s sleeping form about 7pm - 6am. I nurse at 7pm before bed, and then I go in around 9:30pm with a bottle and give her 4-6 ounces to help tie her over. If she wakes before 6am I wait 10 minutes before I go in (I actually set a timer on my fitbit and wait until it buzzes because otherwise I was thinking I was waiting 10 minutes and realized later that what feels like 10 minutes was actually only 2-3!), and she usually goes back to sleep within 3-5 minutes. Of course that&#8217;s partially because we aren&#8217;t cosleeping anymore so I can do that. She sometimes wakes at 4:30am and if she wakes then I have to feed and rock her back to sleep or she&#8217;s too awake. I don&#8217;t know if any of that is helpful for you or not. I know how hard it can be to make those changes. Honestly, weaning M was the hardest thing I did. But in the end it&#8217;s what I needed because I could not continue to work teaching with her waking 2-3 times a night, and I weaned her off the daytime feeds because I cannot mentally keep giving up my only prep time at work to pump and having to take home twice as much work in the evening. :(

MissDoc- Good to see you!! Sounds like quite a few of us were in the same situation with the over 30 TTC thread. Sorry about the reflux! But I hope that now that you know what it is, that will help. Melody will start daycare at the end of the month. Until June she was watched by my sister and mom and I&#8217;m with her for the summer. I&#8217;m going to have such a hard time leaving her with daycare this next school year. I hope it will get easier for you. The first few times are so hard! I&#8217;m thinking about starting to TTC again around 18 months. We&#8217;ll see. At my age I don&#8217;t want to wait too long, but I&#8217;m nervous about pregnancy + toddler hood!

Hi :)

Not new around here but I just turned 36 and my spouse is 38. We have two kids: Valla, 4 in October, and Kye--almost 6months.

I have always had few close friends, and actually all of them are older moms too; 35, 29, 32, etc. when they had their kids. People from high school definitely had kids younger but I never compared myself to any of them because kids were never a definite for me. I always knew that I'd want kids *if* I met someone whose kids I wanted to have. Personally, I had a lot of mental and emotional maturing to do and besides, hadn't met my spouse in my 20s anyway!

I met him a month after I turned 30, and he was 32 so already late to start. We are officially done as he got a vasectomy and we are passed the "danger zone" post op. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->