First trimester- How are you feeling today?

Morning everyone :)
Sunny(ish) day here so Im gonna get off my backside.
No ms but total exhaustion & lethargy. Tho yest I did manage to get out for a walk and i just need to do that again today as i really think it helps. Still some cramps byt fx no more bleeding. We have been abstaining from intercourse coz im too scared of something going wrong and the cramps after O are bad :( can't wait for a scan to see that everything is, hopefully, alright. Having nhs scan at 12 wks but also decided we do want a nuchal scan and as thats not available on nhs in n ireland we'll have to go private for that (tho cost is shocking bcause so few places offer it and i guess thats what they can get away with).
So good to hear how every1 else is doing :)
Thinking of you all xxx

Oh and curious what people think of the old myth that no ms = a boy...
Any1 any evidence for or against that?
We sooo dont mind either way
And beside the ms will prob come with a vengeance!!
We're just both so surprised it hasnt yet as I usually have such a weak stomach.
Sorry for those of u that r really suffering with it!
xxx

We're just both so surprised it hasnt yet as I usually have such a weak stomach.
xxx

If that is true then I'm having a girl! :flower: I really struggled with morning sickness from 5 1/2 weeks until well a couple of days ago, things are looking up - so glad to get rid of that terrible nausea!

Where are you looking to go for your NF scan? How much is it? What hospital are having your 12 week scan at? So many questions - I'm so nosey :hugs:

Morning everyone :)
Sunny(ish) day here so Im gonna get off my backside.
No ms but total exhaustion & lethargy. Tho yest I did manage to get out for a walk and i just need to do that again today as i really think it helps. Still some cramps byt fx no more bleeding. We have been abstaining from intercourse coz im too scared of something going wrong and the cramps after O are bad :( can't wait for a scan to see that everything is, hopefully, alright. Having nhs scan at 12 wks but also decided we do want a nuchal scan and as thats not available on nhs in n ireland we'll have to go private for that (tho cost is shocking bcause so few places offer it and i guess thats what they can get away with).
So good to hear how every1 else is doing :)
Thinking of you all xxx

I had no MS with my DS and i'm hoping to have no MS again this time around. My mum never had MS with either of us and she has two girls and a boy so i guess that means that you cant use MS or the lack of to determine sex. Mum did say that there was differences in the pregnancies though so i guess i will be looking out for other things this time around.

I do feel awful today. A lot of cramping, nausea and by back is in agony more so than usual. The only thing is that i cant remember whether i felt like this the last time or not and its still very early.

:hugs:

xxx

Hi, well for me I threw up more with my daughter than with my boys, but I still had MS with the boys. Some people aren't sick at all with girls but are really sick with boys, so I guess it's really a mystery!

With this baby, I had very early symptoms before getting a BFP, and I have been very nauseated and gaggy, not a lot of throwing up yet, during the day, so I keep thinking girl because of that, but I really just don't know for sure. :)

I don't think that I had really early symptoms with my boys.

oh man, this ms is kicking my butt! I had to get on the train to go into work today and I lost it 3 times in the 40 minute ride. Cramps are pretty bad this morning too.....no bleeding but I am wiped out! I've had nausea for over a week now but cramps ovulation! Hoping this will pass soon. hubby is picking me up from work today as I cannot take that train again!

oh man, this ms is kicking my butt! I had to get on the train to go into work today and I lost it 3 times in the 40 minute ride. Cramps are pretty bad this morning too.....no bleeding but I am wiped out! I've had nausea for over a week now but cramps ovulation! Hoping this will pass soon. hubby is picking me up from work today as I cannot take that train again!

Don't worry the cramping is perfectly normal - although it scared me for the first few weeks - it will ease off. I know it's not much consolation but my MS which was killing me eased off a couple of days ago, and already I'm starting to forget how utterly horrendous it was. It's not gone completely but I feel almost human again. When I was 5 1/2 weeks and the MS kicked in I thought I would never make it through.. but I did. For weeks I went home and cried to DH that I just couldn't do this, it was too hard and I felt so so so bad. I'm also managing to stay up past 9pm now so the exhaustion has eased too, there were a couple of nights early on I was in bed just after 8!

I really really really want this baby, but pregnancy has been so much hard than I envisaged!

Thats good your DH is coming to pick you up - I can't imagine a train journey with MS, I struggled driving to and from work! :hugs:

Don't worry the cramping is perfectly normal - although it scared me for the first few weeks - it will ease off. I know it's not much consolation but my MS which was killing me eased off a couple of days ago, and already I'm starting to forget how utterly horrendous it was. It's not gone completely but I feel almost human again. When I was 5 1/2 weeks and the MS kicked in I thought I would never make it through.. but I did. For weeks I went home and cried to DH that I just couldn't do this, it was too hard and I felt so so so bad. I'm also managing to stay up past 9pm now so the exhaustion has eased too, there were a couple of nights early on I was in bed just after 8!

I really really really want this baby, but pregnancy has been so much hard than I envisaged!

Thats good your DH is coming to pick you up - I can't imagine a train journey with MS, I struggled driving to and from work! :hugs:

Thanks Storm1jet2! It does help to hear others experiences! :hugs: I am so waiting for the MS to pass and then I can enjoy being pregnant! I was in tears last night saying poppyseed was upset with me and that is why I have the cramping and MS as poppy knows I'll be a bad mom (it was a bad night for me all around!) :sad2: Hubby was very comforting and I eventually calmed down and had more ice cream while lying in bed :haha: calcium is good for babies!:winkwink:

I called hubby when I got in and without hesitation he said he would pick me up as he can't imagine throwing up on a train - it was nasty and embarrassing! Now I'm at work and I can't even focus. I haven't told them yet but I have to go to lunch with my boss' boss - how the heck I will keep food down I don't know!:dohh:

i wasn"t sick with my boys at all, in fact i felt great!!!
but with my little girl i felt terrible
so we"ll see
also the line on your tummy, forgotten what it"s called
never got it with the boys but got it with my little girl!!!

Thanks Storm1jet2! It does help to hear others experiences! :hugs: I am so waiting for the MS to pass and then I can enjoy being pregnant! I was in tears last night saying poppyseed was upset with me and that is why I have the cramping and MS as poppy knows I'll be a bad mom (it was a bad night for me all around!) :sad2: Hubby was very comforting and I eventually calmed down and had more ice cream while lying in bed :haha: calcium is good for babies!:winkwink:

I called hubby when I got in and without hesitation he said he would pick me up as he can't imagine throwing up on a train - it was nasty and embarrassing! Now I'm at work and I can't even focus. I haven't told them yet but I have to go to lunch with my boss' boss - how the heck I will keep food down I don't know!:dohh:

Don't worry we all have the breakdown thing - its just the hormones and the not feeling well! I feel for you and the lunch with work. Just before my 12 weeks when I was still hiding it from work I had to go for dinner with 3 superiors, 2 of which where over in the UK from Dallas... I really struggled. It didn't help that we had to go to some fancy restaurant and the food wasn't really pregnancy suitable, there was lots of shellfish which I can't eat, rare cooked meat, goats cheese etc.. but I made it - then came home and collapsed, it took me 3 days to recover from the evening out cause I was up last 11! The next Monday I had my scan and told the boss :happydance:

Ps - enjoy the ice cream while you can - I went off it too for a couple of weeks!

i wasn"t sick with my boys at all, in fact i felt great!!!
but with my little girl i felt terrible
so we"ll see
also the line on your tummy, forgotten what it"s called
never got it with the boys but got it with my little girl!!!

Oohhh the linea nigera thingy - I have that - its pretty faint but its a line!

Hi all,

I had ms every day with DS all the way through- I have a friend who has 3 girls 1 boy and the only one she was sick with was the boy.

Pregnancy is such a weird time- hormones everywhere- I am still more emotional than I was before I has DS!

ugh - so I had my lunch with the boss' boss. Very nice and fun guy who even offered to hold my purse while I threw up....i think he suspects :haha:

I'm back at my desk with zero energy, feeling nauseous again and annoyed because my underwear is not fitting properly and keep rolling down over my belly! I mean come on, I'm only 5 1/2 weeks, am I already outgrowing my undies??!?!?!?! :growlmad::dohh:

ugh - so I had my lunch with the boss' boss. Very nice and fun guy who even offered to hold my purse while I threw up....i think he suspects :haha:

I'm back at my desk with zero energy, feeling nauseous again and annoyed because my underwear is not fitting properly and keep rolling down over my belly! I mean come on, I'm only 5 1/2 weeks, am I already outgrowing my undies??!?!?!?! :growlmad::dohh:

:rofl: Sorry, it's not really funny but I'm sitting here laughing! IMO any time you get to buy new undies is a good thing, I love having pretty underthings, but my guess is we'll be wanting more practical than pretty these days :shock::haha:

Sounds like it's going to be hard to keep it a secret at work, unless you can claim endless food poisoning :nope: Hoping the ms goes away for you soon!

i couldnt care less about pretty panties i just want something comfortable!! My routine upon coming home is pretty much to make a beeline for my bedroom so can change into comfy pj bottoms and roomy top :haha:

Im seriously worried that my previous idea of me being a cute yummy mummy-to-be is going to the dogs...good grief! :rofl:

You girls make me laugh! I'm sure I'll laugh about my rolling down undies when I can take these uncomfy ones off later!!!! :haha::haha::haha: (pardon me while I yank them back up over my tummy again!) :rofl::rofl:

hmmm...maybe it's too much ice cream! nah, I need it! :haha:

awww big hugs :hugs::hugs: you made me smile with this. I am already dreading having to buy bigger undies, bras, and everything else too lol.

Hope you feel better soon! :flower:

Omi, I'm sure you'll be a very cute yummy mummy-to-be! At home be comfy, when you go out flaunt it!

It's 2:30 in the afternoon and I'm still in my PJ's! Am really bloated today and can't face the idea of putting on pants that are tight. Blah. DH will be home in an hour so I really think I should find something to wear. It'll be just my luck that my panties won't fit today :rofl:

Had eggs and a cup of tea for breakfast, that didn't make me feel too sick. Had yogurt for lunch, bad, bad idea. Not throwing up yet but am almost at the point where I want to make it happen for some relief. *sigh* Bought ice cream last night, will try that when tummy settles down a bit.

Omi, I'm sure you'll be a very cute yummy mummy-to-be! At home be comfy, when you go out flaunt it!

It's 2:30 in the afternoon and I'm still in my PJ's! Am really bloated today and can't face the idea of putting on pants that are tight. Blah. DH will be home in an hour so I really think I should find something to wear. It'll be just my luck that my panties won't fit today :rofl:

Had eggs and a cup of tea for breakfast, that didn't make me feel too sick. Had yogurt for lunch, bad, bad idea. Not throwing up yet but am almost at the point where I want to make it happen for some relief. *sigh* Bought ice cream last night, will try that when tummy settles down a bit.

Thx beachcomber! :hugs::hugs:

ohhh lyvid, Charlie tried to offer me yogurt and he found out the hard way that yogurt is a no-go for me right now. I can't even be around him when he eats his! :haha: Ice cream, grapes, saltines and the multigrain special k crackers have been my food most days. He woke me up this morning and he just had coffee and I literally pushed him away moaning out a "oh gross, coffee breath!"....i felt bad but I barely made it to the bathroom! He promptly brushed his teeth and gently rubbed my belly.:kiss:

Im staying away from icecream - as a precaution. Otherwise id eat it all in one go, no joke! Icecream is SO lovely - funny never noticed this before, hm? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->