First trimester- How are you feeling today?

Hello everyone

OK so I have been having a few sharp twinges where I think beany may be for a couple of days ( I have been a bit windy :blush: and tummy is big ) BUT I am a teacher and half of my class has just come down with slapped cheek disease. I know that it is contagious weeks before the rash comes out and am worried as my ms has disappeared today and I have more energy than I have for weeks. I know I am probably being silly and worrying for nothing and I know there is nothing I can do and I don't have a midwife yet ( there are a few pregnant women in school and they have been told to contact their midwife as it can cause miscarriage/ heart defect under 20 weeks) so have no one to ask for advice. Have any of you any experience with this?

On a positive note I have been teaching for years and have taught children with this before so chances are I am immune but there is doubt!

Hi unnamed,that's an awful position to be in,:hugs:Can u not go to your doc for advice or fon the local mw in your hospital to be tested?A blood test can check your immunity,hope it all works out for u Hun,try not to worry until u know wots going on,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks Desperado

I phoned the doctors who gave me a number for a midwife but there is no answer.

Unnamed, I just read up on this because I'd never heard of it. The site I was looking at says it does not cause birth defects which is good (it didn't mention the heart defect bit at all) and that rate of miscarriage for infected pregnant women is 2-10% which is really low. As you say, there's a good chance you're already immune but like Desperado said, I would head down to the Dr's right away and get a test. Even if you don't have a mw yet, just call your GP and tell her the situation, they'd have to test you! I'm sure everything will be just fine but it'll be better to get it checks out for peace of mind.

Also, just like everyone told me, don't let the lack of symptoms upset you! You're still pregnant, enjoy it while you can! :hugs:

ETA: I took to long to type this LOL! Glad you called. Were you able to leave a message?

Thanks Desperado

I phoned the doctors who gave me a number for a midwife but there is no answer.

Well am sure there is someone in the hospital that can help,can u not just fon the local hospital and ask if u can speak to someone and explain your situation ,Try not to worry as most adults are already immune,good luck,let me know how u get on,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Unnamed, I just read up on this because I'd never heard of it. The site I was looking at says it does not cause birth defects which is good (it didn't mention the heart defect bit at all) and that rate of miscarriage for infected pregnant women is 2-10% which is really low. As you say, there's a good chance you're already immune but like Desperado said, I would head down to the Dr's right away and get a test. Even if you don't have a mw yet, just call your GP and tell her the situation, they'd have to test you! I'm sure everything will be just fine but it'll be better to get it checks out for peace of mind.

Also, just like everyone told me, don't let the lack of symptoms upset you! You're still pregnant, enjoy it while you can! :hugs:

ETA: I took to long to type this LOL! Glad you called. Were you able to leave a message?

That sounds much more positive than the one I was reading- thanks.
There is no facility to leave a message it just clicks off!

I might phone the local hospital - I kind of feel like there is nothing they can do so I shouldn't make a fuss though.

Don't be silly Hun,:hugs:It will give u peace of mind instead of worrying ,they will understand ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Please phone the hospital. Or maybe NHS Direct?

That sounds much more positive than the one I was reading- thanks.
There is no facility to leave a message it just clicks off!

I might phone the local hospital - I kind of feel like there is nothing they can do so I shouldn't make a fuss though.

Yes, phone the hospital, make a fuss! Sure, they can't cure it since it's a virus but you'll feel SO much better if you find you are immune. Also, if you aren't immune and you haven't caught it already you need to know so you can stay out of work. Even though the stats I read are lower you don't want to put yourself in a dangerous situation if you can avoid it! And if worse comes to worse and you do have it, you need to know how best to take care of yourself and baby. So please call hospital or NHS as Ruth suggested! :hugs:

Im OK thanks- DS had a great day today on the water - it is hard not to feel good when you see so many children having such a good time!

How are you?

Im OK thanks- DS had a great day today on the water - it is hard not to feel good when you see so many children having such a good time!

How are you?

Plodding along,trying to focus on the good things in life,:hugs::hugs:Also had a Lovely day on the beach ,kids love it ,was so warm,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies, hope you are all having a nice weekend! My inlaws are here visiting for the holiday and we told them about the baby last night and they were actually really happy! :thumbup: So that is great and I am relieved that it went so well. Now how to tell MY family! I don't think it will go over as well!

Hugs to all of you! :hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies, hope you are all having a nice weekend! My inlaws are here visiting for the holiday and we told them about the baby last night and they were actually really happy! :thumbup: So that is great and I am relieved that it went so well. Now how to tell MY family! I don't think it will go over as well!

Glad it went well. We are going to tell my in-laws this weekend, so I hope we get a good reaction. I'm kinda worried. My mom and sister already know since they were staying over when I was six weeks along and not feeling so hot. It was pretty obvious if you spent any longer amount of time with me. Good luck with your family; I don't know why people would care, but they can be so judgmental sometimes. We aren't telling the kids until they start to notice because they are young and don't really get the concept of long amounts of time. I think the kids will be happy at least.

I'm feeling knackered and have had a mouth ulcer on my tongue which has made my glands swell. And I have to lead a two hour walk today! ah well - onwards and upwards!

I am really pleased for you :hugs:

Glad it went well. We are going to tell my in-laws this weekend, so I hope we get a good reaction. I'm kinda worried. My mom and sister already know since they were staying over when I was six weeks along and not feeling so hot. It was pretty obvious if you spent any longer amount of time with me. Good luck with your family; I don't know why people would care, but they can be so judgmental sometimes. We aren't telling the kids until they start to notice because they are young and don't really get the concept of long amounts of time. I think the kids will be happy at least.

Fingers crossed for you

I'm feeling knackered and have had a mouth ulcer on my tongue which has made my glands swell. And I have to lead a two hour walk today! ah well - onwards and upwards!

Poor you! I don't think I could lead a 2 minute walk at the moment!

Poor you! I don't think I could lead a 2 minute walk at the moment!

My brain tends to be a little fuzzy thinking about baby stuff and pregnancy - it's weird how much the first weeks are just taken up by worrying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->