fleas!!!!

Somthing that I realy reccomend is the tablets by johnsons called 4 fleas.
annoyingly it does nothing to the eggs and lavea but it starts killing the the fleas within 15 minutes by sending off a hormone that make the fleas bite the cat and then the fleas basicly dry up and die, combine this with a spray and done every 3 days it can realy help with the cat (you still have to treat the house as well though) only problem with it is because it makes the fleas bite the cat it drives the cat a bit nuts for about 10-20 minutes, our cat got pretty pissed about it and run around the house climbing the walls giving me a mouthfull

Lucasmum that is vile that u popped it and it still jumped around :sick:

and smokey i couldnt help but laugh at the images of ur cat running round the house giving u a mouthful :lol:

i havent seen any fleas since the other night so dont know if it worked? Even when i combed them there was nothing there. How do u know for sure?

xo

I was pretty freaked out but fascinated at the same time, its no wonder half the flea stuff dosent work :wacko:

Yeah squashing my pet isnt something im prepared.to do either so the have us by the short and curlies.:rofl:

xo

I've tried to kill one when I've seen it before too - they are impossible to kill!! Grrr.

As for how to tell if they've gone... I heard you can put a bowl of warm water on the floor overnight and if no fleas in there by morning you're ok but I tried that, no fleas but still got bitten. So I'd say if you've done the treatments, not getting bitten and haven't seen any then ur prob ok. Fingers crossed!!

Yeah i havebt been bitten as far as i know and iv been paranoid-ly checking every so often so here's hoping...

Has anyone ever flea bathed their cat? I wouldnt do it to mine but just wondered if that was effective as you read on google

xo

I bathed our old cat, I wouldnt say its 100% effective, but fleas dont like water/shampoo combinations and will die, but its impossible to get them all even that way especially if your fur baby is mainly made up of fur as they just burrow deep down, always a little amusing seeing your huge massive puff ball cat reduced to the teeny tiny thing it really is though and be prepared for having your arms/legs/face and so on ripped to shreds if they dont like water :haha:

Hahah it almost seems tempting!! Im so envious when u look on youtube at cats who are quite happy swimming in the bath :haha: i guess its a good way to see if the do have fleas afterall

xo

All of the cats we have had have loved water, our new kitten not so much though, not after he fell in the bath anyway :flower:

Your joking!! Thats my dream :haha: one of mine is fascinated but wary. She always sits in the sink after we've used it :cloud9:

xo

Our cat is semi long furred and a flea bath did not work. We tried everything then we were recommended 4 fleas by my mil and it worked. The only issue we had is that our cat hates tablets with a passion, you might end up with scratches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->