Flu Shot

LadyinWait

Pregnant (Expecting)
Reaction score
So I am thinking of getting one. I can't remember if I got one last time I was pregnant. Are you getting a flu shot?

I was given one at 9 weeks at my OB appointment. First winter in awhile that I didn't catch the flu! :flower:

I got one when I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant. I just made sure that it was the preservative free shot. I'm not sure where you are from, but the U.S. has pretty much already been able to tell they isolated the wrong strain. The flu is rampaging the midwest right now. However, even with it being the wrong strain it still boosts your chances of not getting it and if you do it will be less severe.

Had mine a few days ago. No side effects whatsoever :)

I had mine in 1st tri in this pregnancy as well as my first pregnancy. The only side effect I had was a sore arm for an hour or so.

i got mine 3 days before i found out i was pregnant. i found out i was pregnant at 8 dpo so it was pretty early, when development of baby is crucial. baby is big and very active now. im sooo glad i got the flu shot when i did! its recommended for pregnant women.

Thanks all! I am just not a fan of shots. And this pregnancy kinda sneaked up on us. :) But we are thrilled! And quite nervous!

I got one at work before I knew I was pregnant.

I am hearing it might not prevent the flu this year though thanks to some mutated flu strain. Fun!

I'm not getting it... just found out it the vaccine is for the wrong strain anyway.

This is the first year in many that I got a flu shot. I have had the flu twice in about the last 20 years. I tend to think that I don't get most strains of it unless I am super exposed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->