Flying during first trimester??

BumpToBe

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im still TTC but thought I would ask in here, are there any risks of flying during the 1st trimester?? Iv heard that it isnt advisable, i go away in january but hoping I will have had a :bfp: by then, now im worried!!

Lindz x

i flew in first tri and was fine hun, dont think theres any reason not too!!

was it long or short haul? My flight is 10 hours, im just thinking ahead lol, glad to hear you have flown and was ok though, so hope I have my :bfp: soon!!

Lindz x

Flying is fine hun, the only time you are advised not to fly is i think 36 weeks onwards, incase you go into labour early or something !

I think the only thing id worry about is morning sickness lol x

I got told that you shouldnt fly during the first or third trimester, but second is fine too
X

Flying is fine hun, the only time you are advised not to fly is i think 36 weeks onwards, incase you go into labour early or something !

I think the only thing id worry about is morning sickness lol x

thanks hun :)

Lol! is it really bad?? :( :( :(

xx

I got told that you shouldnt fly during the first or third trimester, but second is fine too
X

Thats what iv heard aswel, do you know why? my friend says its something to do with the pressure but I dont really know?

Lindz x

Hello, I went on Holiday to Tenerife 4 and a half hour flight when I was 5/6 weeks and I asked the Doctor if there was anything to worry about and she said no, she said everything would be fine....and so far its great!! x

Hello, I went on Holiday to Tenerife 4 and a half hour flight when I was 5/6 weeks and I asked the Doctor if there was anything to worry about and she said no, she said everything would be fine....and so far its great!! x

thanks hun :) :) :) x

X

Thats what iv heard aswel, do you know why? my friend says its something to do with the pressure but I dont really know?

Lindz x

As far as I know, You shouldnt during the first as theres still a risk of miscarrige and morning sickness of course. And with the third tri, Alot of airlines wont take passengers who are 28 weeks or over as theres a risk of premature labour.

I found this...
You may also have heard that exposure to natural radiation while flying can increase the risk of miscarriage and/or abnormalities in unborn babies. In fact, doctors agree that, while flight attendants and business travellers who fly hundreds of times a year may have a slightly higher risk of both, the risk is negligible for women who only fly a few times a year.
X

I'm going away when 10 weeks, returning at 12.5 weeks - going long haul to New York - I spoke to the midwife - she said to wear deep vein thrombosis stockings because the risk is elevated during pregnancy. She also said to walk around a lot because that reduces the risk and to drink lots of water.

So basically no risk in first trimester, you just need to prepare well and follow the rules during the flight.

was it long or short haul? My flight is 10 hours, im just thinking ahead lol, glad to hear you have flown and was ok though, so hope I have my :bfp: soon!!

Lindz x

i went on a 4.5 hour flight and was fine hun, if youre not sure ring your doctors theyll beable to advise you,
Good luck on getting your bfp xx

We fly fairly reguarly and I don't think there is any problems in flying in the first trimester. The only bad thing is if you feel sick!

One thing I do remember though is that you can't sit near any emergency exits if you are pregnant. I don't know if this really matters if you aren't showing. TBH I don't understand why you can't anyway.

ok if any one can comment on flying in the first tri its me!

i flew to italyand back at 4 weeks (b4 i knew i was pregnant)

to spain and back at 9 weeks

and to prague and back at 13 weeks

baby is fine

i checked with my consultant before going to spain i was worried about already flying to italy he said it was absolty fine

he advised me to get up more often during the flight and not to travel anything long haul if poss, but if i did to wear flight socks

considering i am high risk with my previous m/c etc im sure in a norm pregnancy is fine

hope this helps!!!

i have just got back from tenerife and i am 8 wks my dr said it was fine and lots of woman flew in the first tri as lots dont know there pg.The flight was ok but i did feel sick on the way out but i bought those seaband accupressue bands for the way back and they worked really well so would recommend them, apparently they are very good for morning sickness so for those really suffering its worth a try.

Hi Guys I'm a longhaul flight attendant flying anytime during pregnancy is fine up until 36wks, after 28wks you may need a Drs letter depending on airline. I had to be grounded as soon as the company found out I was pregnant and now work on the ground.I found out at 4 1/2 weeks but did 2 more flights before I let them know. Many girls work up to the 12wks then let the company know and all have been fine. The risk of radiation is so small, higher the closer to the equator you go, and if you fly on a regular basis as cabin crew and business pax do. I flew to barcelona at 5wks returned at 6wks and going again to germany tomo 1owks returning at 11wks. i am not too concerned.If it was that bad the wouldnt allow you to fly at all! honestly the risks are so small, you would have to fly daily for it to be risky. At the end of the day the choice is yours, but the reason cabin crew are grounded is because of health and safety, very small rediation factor, the amount they fly, the tiring effect of time zones and physical aspects of the job ie moving heavy carts around, having to open shut heavy doors, emergancy evacuations and carrying suitcases about not practical if you are pregnant. hope this helps. I am possibly planning a sun holiday to Dubai or caribbean around 5-6 mths too if all is well. Dusty x

I did it! No problems for baby but flying with MS:sick: not nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->