Food and drink ideas

Lollip0p

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have gone off pretty much every food and drink :(

I was just wondering if anyone had any food or drink ideas or even meal ideas that I could have to help me get the right vitamins and be healthy etc.... as at the moment i dont want anything to eat or drink....

as i want the bubba to be able to get all the vitamins and nutrients it needs too.

Poor you! I remember feeling miserable in first (and second) tri with my previous pregnancies. Ginger is supposed to help, so if you can stomach ginger snaps or ginger beer that may help. I couldn't do all those bland crackers that were suggested but maybe they'd work for you. I read somewhere that blood sugar levels affect morning sickness, so if you can keep those fairly constant it should help a bit. I ate yoghurt, rice cakes. No apples but loved bananas. I couldn't do tea or most hot drinks but did drink Horlicks. In my first pg I craved red meat and in my second curries! Is there anything you think may taste good? Maybe page through a recipe book with lots of pics and see if anything jumps out at you? I wouldn't worry too much though. I was on weighless before my first and when I fell pg the group leader told me they didn't need to adjust my plan in the first tri as baby needs so little that if you eat healthily and take your prenatals you actually don't need to eat anymore than you normally would.

Hi Lollipop, I haven't got any aversions or sickness yet this pregnancy! Only 5 weeks! Last pregnancy I swear I could walk round a whole supermarket and not fancy anything! Some things I did....

Homemade juices/ smoothies..... I bought a juicer and you can easily hide some veg amongst the fruit juices. Lots of different coloured fruits means lots of different vitamins (and calories too!)

Homemade soups.... Sure this would make some people puke but I made massive batch of green soup.....broccoli, green beans, spinach, corgette, etc great source of folic acid and vitamins.

If you don't like smells then cooking soup might not work but at east these things don't take effort to eat and are jam packed full of goodness!

Before I sound like a super super healthy person...my husband has just persuaded me to eat a mcdonalds for dinner because I'm too tired to cook!
I know I'm getting loads of vitamins so one can't hurt right???

Hope you find your appetite!
Laura x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"