Food Concern

emerald78

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently found I am expecting our first child in Dec 09. I went out for dinner with some friends who did not know that I am pregnant. They do not want children so conversations are never very child friendly. We went to a Mediterraen restuarant were we ordered a mezze.

I have recently been diagnosed with Gall stones and I am very careful with what I eat to avoid a flair up.

My concern is that I ate one feta cheese mini bite, this was good and steaming hot went I ate it. I also had one piece of lamb square that I ate which was medium to well done.

Is this likely to cause a problem later. I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow but would like to hear the thoughts of mums or mums to be?

Thank you in advance

Hey there, it will be fine dont worry about it.

The Lamb was cooked fine and although feta is supposed to be avoided it isn't one of the worse cheeses as it isn't runny with a crust. I had some before I knew that it was out and I have been fine.

Try not to worry. There is great info on the food agency website if you want to check it all out.

Congrats on your news and wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months :hugs:

Thank you for responding. I know its irrational but I just wanted to ask.

Best of luck to your in your pregnancy too.

:hugs:

I thought feta cheese was fine, 2 secs ill be back with a link. XXX

https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages/pregnancy/whenyrpregnant/

Go to foods u dont need to avoid, u will see feta is fine :hugs:

Thats goverment advice. XXX

Yep feta is fine, as long as its pasturised xx

Meat doesn't have to be well-done to still be cooked just fine. As long as the internal temp reached a certain degree, then it's fine.

I figure back in the day before people had all the info we have know they did a whole lot worse all the time so i think little things like that should be totally fine :) Heck i drank like alot in the month of Jan for my bday and bfs bday and whatever else and found out feb i was pregnant hehe and go figure i never drink apparently that month i did good luck in the next 9 months

The only reason a lot of these foods are to be avoided is because of the increased risk of food poisoning, so if you didn't get sick then no damage has been done. It is a precaution against infection rather than that these foods will do damage themselves. I think the exceptions are liver which should be avoided due to very high levels of Vitamin A and certain types of fish due to high mercury levels.

Thanks for that link Daisy it's the best page I've seen!

Nowt wrong with feta - it's pasteurised. I eat loads of it.

The only reason a lot of these foods are to be avoided is because of the increased risk of food poisoning, so if you didn't get sick then no damage has been done. It is a precaution against infection rather than that these foods will do damage themselves. I think the exceptions are liver which should be avoided due to very high levels of Vitamin A and certain types of fish due to high mercury levels.

Was just about to write almost the same thing!

Here here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"