food jars

mickey

Reaction score
sorry to ask another silly question about weaning :dohh:

if I give LO a jar, do I need to heat it up? the amounts they eat at this age are getting cold in a minute anyway again, isn't it?

as well, as in the shop the jars are in the shelf I am assuming, I do not need to store them in the fridge, do I?

and when out and about, how should I keep the feeding equipment sterile and for how long can I have a jar in my bag if it is not chilled?

is there any storage container available that chills the stuff?

With most jars you can either heat them or leave them cold. We used to always heat them up, but if it was a hot day etc or a pudding.. we'd give them cold. If you're out, you can leave them cold.. for convenience. If you feed them from a jar whilst you're out or at home, don't use the rest of the contents later.. it needs to be thrown away.

You need to put the jars in the fridge only after you open them and discard within 24/48 hours (it says on the jar for each brand, Hipp is usually 24, Cow and Gate 48 ).

As long as you sterilised or washed the equipment thoroughly, you won't have a problem.. try not to worry about that too much. You can get a Avent chill bag for food/milk if you need one.. apart from that, you don't need to chill the jars as they're not needing to be refrigerated until after you've opened them.

Hope that helped, if you need anymore advice.. just ask. :)

yes, that answered all my questions, thx Tilly :hi:

worth mentioning,dont use contents after heating........refridgerate only if been used from cool not warm

x

Thanks Tilly & bexxie for those answers its helped me also

An thanks Micky for asking it hehe

Just another little thing... the jars around here mention to avoid feeding from the jar directly as it can make the contents more watery because of the saliva... Don't know if it applies to all brands and haven't tried it myself... Maybe it's just silly stuff.

I always feed from the jar if we're out and have never had a problem (this is a mums decision though obviously, do what you feel is best). They also say not to use metal spoons.

Glad I helped you both. :)

Tilly,

Thanx for the info. I haven't tried because I was afraid of breaking that rule! (the thread on rules is helping me realize not to freak out!)

Jars don't need to be warmed up, but can be if your baby prefers it. They only need to be stored in the fridge once they've been opened. Oliver will take his cold, unless its a jar thats been opened and has been in the fridge, i heat it then cus its too cold and i wouldnt want to give him tummy ache! To heat it i just put some in his bowl and sit in in a bowl of hot water for a few mins. x

you also get packet mixes which are a bit more cost efficent than opening a jar to only use a lil bit :D or mashin up some fruit or veg too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->