For pinklightbulb (and other fellow Aussies)

I have decided when I am rich I am going to buy a second home in Qld so that I can spend my winters there. I just came back from the Gold Coast and it was sooooooo nice there!!

Ohhh lush. I've been to Sydney once, and it was like a huge loop the loop lol. I've lived in Perth, was there for 3 years, and now back in Tas again where I was born and raised. It's so small here compared to over there :)

I've never been to Perth, that's another place I'd like to go! I've lived in sydney all of my life, I love it!!

I'd get so lost. Mind you I learned my way around Perth pretty well and it's a million times the size of my little home town here in NW Tassie lol. It was a huge culture shock!

I live in a small country town about an hour from Sydney so we feel like we have the best of both worlds :)

Lucky you, I live four hours from the capital here! Where are all the other Southern Hemisphere girlies? We can't be the only ones!

I know! There must be more! Where are you all?!?

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! :lol:

We're been in the motel for about 6 weeks and have another 6 to go :dohh:
Its a nightmare TBH but the house once its done will be AMAZING! Or thats what I tell myself anyway!

It must have been so hard to lose your house :hugs: I would have been a mess. How much damage was there?

Brissie here. We just got our very first electric bill and we were worried because the air con was on constantly for the period but it was only just over 400 bucks for 2.5 months. We were expecting a bill for over a grand because of what others were telling us.

Im in the Uk ~ But will be in Australia next year! Can I please join?:coolio:

Welcome Kelly! What brings you down under??

I'm not Aussie but I live here. Just putting Ollie to bed. Hi everyone.

We started the visa process back in 2008! Have finally got our visas, just waiting for the LO's :baby:

We are hoping for a better, more relaxed, outdoor way of life in Australia :coolio: We hope it hold better opportunitys & better future for our 3 children

Aussie, Kiwi, ex-pat, just curious about life down under, everyone's welcome here :happydance: I knew there couldn't be that few of us around here!

We started the visa process back in 2008! Have finally got our visas, just waiting for the LO's :baby:

We are hoping for a better, more relaxed, outdoor way of life in Australia :coolio: We hope it hold better opportunitys & better future for our 3 children

It definately is a great lifestyle here! What part of Australia are you planning to live??

If it's to Tasssie and you're from the UK you won't notice the difference in climate... it is so fecking cold here :(

Tasmania's got to be about the same latitude as the South Island NZ, yeah?
It's a surprisingly not cold winter here so far. Few frosty mornings, rain etc. Maybe it's just the last few years had unusually long (or early/late) cold bits.
I guess by not cold I mean keeping the house at 15 C doesn't seem like it's so hard :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->