For pinklightbulb (and other fellow Aussies)

I live about an hour from sydney in the lower blue mountains and it is soooooo cold here!!

I think Tassie is just level with the north island of NZ... but then geography wasn't my strong point! I know the south island is one of the furthest places down in the hemisphere except for Antartica... unless you count the bottom of South America. I think. It rarely reaches 25 degrees C here even in summmer.

Ooo that is cold. We get down to zero and sometimes bellow in winter snd up to 40 in summer. Boiling in summer, freezing in winter! That's how we like it :dohh:

Welcome Kelly! What brings you down under??

We started the visa process back in 2008! Have finally got our visas, just waiting for the LO's :baby:

We are hoping for a better, more relaxed, outdoor way of life in Australia :coolio: We hope it hold better opportunitys & better future for our 3 children

It definately is a great lifestyle here! What part of Australia are you planning to live??

We are moving to Western Australia :winkwink:

Was heading to Queensland ~ But new visa rules meant we had to change to another state ~ WA it was :flower:

I've never been to WA but its meant to be beautiful!

It is... it's really hot a lot of the time though. It was 45 degress one Christmas day.

I lived there for 3 years :) What part of WA?

We havent decided an exact area yet, but NOR :thumbup:

We validated our visas in Feb/March this year & it was awful, nearly put us off! It was sooo hot, it was a shock to our systems plus we had a 3 month old baby with us :dohh: Hard work!

Where did you live & what made you move? :shrug:

I lived in Perth, and we moved because of my OH's ex :growlmad: She denied him access to his son and it was hopeless, so since I came from Tassie we moved here. I've been a couple of hours down south of Perth too, it's still as hot but it's not as much of a rat race.

I'm a Kiwi :wave: Born and bred, living in the capital.

I'm not Aussie but I live here. Just putting Ollie to bed. Hi everyone.

:hi: what brings you to Australia?

My OH's job. We're here for a few years. To be honest it's been tough having a baby over here quite simply because all my family and friends are in the UK and I got pregnant 3 months after we got here. However, looking back over the last 10 months it's also been good as I have made some friends through Mum's groups and also the hospital and have spent the summer on the beach, in the park or at the pool - pretty good lifestyle with a baby really!

I'm not Aussie but I live here. Just putting Ollie to bed. Hi everyone.

:hi: what brings you to Australia?

My OH's job. We're here for a few years. To be honest it's been tough having a baby over here quite simply because all my family and friends are in the UK and I got pregnant 3 months after we got here. However, looking back over the last 10 months it's also been good as I have made some friends through Mum's groups and also the hospital and have spent the summer on the beach, in the park or at the pool - pretty good lifestyle with a baby really!

:hugs: glad you've settled in. It really is a great place for kids, IMHO xx

What's the climate like over there hun?

Pretty average :rofl: It's autumn at the moment and actually it's not toooo bad for this time of year, it hasn't been as freezing as it usually is, being a prelude to winter and all. But overall I'm not the biggest fan of New Zealand weather. I'd be all for weather like there is in Brisbane.

Summer over here is nice when it really gets in to the full swing of things :)

Hey ShanandBoc! :hi:
Ooh lucky you rwhite we barely got summer at all down here, never reached above 25 c here I swear all summer. Yuk.

hello aussie mummies :) i just wanted to mention that my oh is going to some kind of evening thing is the australian house in london he wants to work there if he comes :) and its all good we might just come with him !! if they will let me in that is:haha::haha: x

Kelly, you would be an asset to this country :hugs:

Hey ShanandBoc! :hi:
Ooh lucky you rwhite we barely got summer at all down here, never reached above 25 c here I swear all summer. Yuk.

:rofl: It's normally around 25C on a good day in summer here. But I'm even happy with 20. It's 12C here today which is okay but I'm still freezing my tatas off for some reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->