For pinklightbulb (and other fellow Aussies)

This morning is the first morning we've not had the heater on!!!

Isaac and I are going to be heading out for a work in the beautiful sun!! (too bad it's to the doctor to get his shots :()

Our heater is still on and it's 9.30 am.... this power bill is going to be a cow...

ME! im in north queensland, magnetic island :D

Hey tiger and adorable Jesse! How's things in beautiful Queensland?

Man its freezing here this morning! Mind u cant complain was sunny mostly over the weekend!!

lol ! actually at night and early mornings its quite chilly ! not last night though, it was hot ! but its really nice and warm during the day :D :D summer is a killer here though

I can imagine! I was on the Gold Coast one December and i couldnt get over the humidity even there!

in january when we were waiting for it to rain it got to 36 degrees and 94% humidity! i thought i was going to pass out lol, this was our first summer here, and it was dreadful !

I have decided I need a house in Queensland for the winter and a house in Sydney for the summer, that way I can enjoy the best of both climates.

My grandparents live on the Gold Coast and in summer the humidity is awful. I couldn't even put my makeup on coz it is so sticky and sweaty!

94% humidity! Yikes! Were you affected by the floods tiger?

not in NQ. we had the cyclone though :wacko: that was quite possibly the scariest experience of my life. i was terrified.
where i used to live in brisbane went completely under in the floods though so im very glad i moved.

Eeek! Imagine the poor people in US with what they have just been through. Looked terrifying.

Did the cyclone do any damage to ur property?

yeh ripped out every single tree in our yard, which sounded terrifying, they sounded like toothpicks being snapped, we were just waiting for one to come through the house but luckily didnt. half of our roof peeled back (we were downstairs thank god!) but didnt actually come off, front door was ripped off and the carport was completely gone (no idea where it is still lol). i really feel for the ones who lost everything

Eeek! How frightening! Glad you were all ok though! xx

Hey fellow Antipodeans!

I'm a Wellington girl, but my partner is Australian...we are currently living an hour north of Wellington on the coast.

I spent three years living in Adelaide though (where my OH is from).

Nice to see you all here!

Yeah, I've seen a few around! It's nice to have some people who are on BnB at the same time as me!

I miss Australia....my OH's parents and family live there so we do go back often, but I had a great three years in Adelaide...

Aw :) My ex is from Mt Gambier, that's hardly in SA lol, isn't it right on the Vic border?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->